AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 37 29.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 33.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 25.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 7.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.79%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.79%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-23, 16:31   Link #121
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazane View Post
I haven't replayed Episode 3 in a while, but, if I remember correctly, wasn't the window Beato and George went out through supposed to be positioned so that the wind couldn't come in that strongly? I don't know, but the wind sure was blasting through wildly the moment the window was opened in the anime.
DEEN tends to use unnecessary and sometimes even contradictory dramatics like that. See: Maria's letter reading and EP2's tea party.
Old 2009-10-23, 17:34   Link #122
Chadauw

Hum, I didn't post a review yet...

What I liked :
- George meeting Beatrice
- The Siesta's sisters arrow is better than last time
- The Shannon resurrection and execution
- Eva-Beatrice's laugh before killing Nanjo

What I disliked :
- Eva&Eva-Beatrice's discussion. Maybe a little too long
- Wind coming through the window when George escapes
- Ange's introduction
- JessicaVSEva skirmish

-> 8/10
Old 2009-10-23, 18:01   Link #123
Colorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workworkwork View Post
DEEN tends to use unnecessary and sometimes even contradictory dramatics like that. See: Maria's letter reading and EP2's tea party.
They probably knew that,but said ''Watch this,the VN player will rant!*Instead of normal wind,to further show that we don't really care,make the wind BLAST through the window!* ''

If they did think that,then they have my lulz.
Old 2009-10-23, 19:42   Link #124
rcxx

Pretty good episode overall. They kept the more important things I remembered from the VN they even added VN music for the Shannon and George scene.

I'm really looking foward to the next episode since that looks to be the conclusion to episode 3 and hoping Deen doesn't screw it up.
Old 2009-10-23, 20:15   Link #125
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcxx View Post
Pretty good episode overall. They kept the more important things I remembered from the VN they even added VN music for the Shannon and George scene.

I'm really looking foward to the next episode since that looks to be the conclusion to episode 3 and hoping Deen doesn't screw it up.
...Except Witch in Gold Cebra doesn't fit a scene that was supposed to use End of a Daydream. To be honest, even Suspicion would have fit the scene better than a melancholy track.
Old 2009-10-23, 20:20   Link #126
urusai

It's already been well established that whoever the music director is, he exists specifically to make our lives miserable.
Old 2009-10-23, 20:21   Link #127
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by urusai View Post
It's already been well established that whoever the music director is, he exists specifically to make our lives miserable.
Spoiler for I think I know who it is:
Old 2009-10-23, 21:04   Link #128
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
First off, for this statement to be true, there would have to have been some way for anime-only viewers to know about Ange earlier. There wasn't.
Second, if you think that's over-analyzing, then the mystery genre really isn't for you. The fact that the main character of the story has a little sister is far from a pointless fact when you're searching for motives, a possible 19th person, and theorizing what happens after the crime. No one will have a chance at solving any significant part of the riddle without reading at least that closely.
But the problem is whether Ange was mentioned or not before EP3 doesn't matter. I see know difference if she is mentioned now or earlier.
Second, why do you think Ange is that important? How about other "-non" servant? I'm sure that they were mentioned in the game more than Ange. Then why does Ange have such special treat?
If you think that the main character's sister is more important than a mere servant, then the mystery genre isn't for you
Old 2009-10-23, 21:22   Link #129
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

you can't be serious. How can you compare the sister of the main character with some random people that have no known relevance to the story?

Old 2009-10-23, 21:36   Link #130
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

I don't think that they are "some random people that have no known relevance to the story". They come from the same orphanage with Kanon and Shanon, so considering those two's weirdness we should have some question about them. They serve Ushiromiya family for a while, so maybe they know something. The servant in this story is quite suspicious, so they are no exception. And why are they absent on the day Ushiromiya family have such an important conference. With such a large number of guests they should need more servants. So of course they are more important than a six-year-old sick girl.
And remember that what I talk here is based on the info before EP3, not after.
Old 2009-10-23, 21:46   Link #131
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
I don't think that they are "some random people that have no known relevance to the story". They come from the same orphanage with Kanon and Shanon, so considering those two's weirdness we should have some question about them. They serve Ushiromiya family for a while, so maybe they know something. The servant in this story is quite suspicious, so they are no exception. And why are they absent on the day Ushiromiya family have such an important conference. With such a large number of guests they should need more servants. So of course they are more important than a six-year-old sick girl.
And remember that what I talk here is based on the info before EP3, not after.
This really isn't the thread to talk about this on. Lets move over to the Spoiler thread if we're going to go any further. There are plenty of reasons that can't be discussed here.

I'd just like to point out that the fact that they were removed from the anime along with Ange is still a bit annoying. The reason we're talking about Ange now is because she was mentioned in this week's anime episode, not because we think she's the only (possibly) important thing removed from EP1 and EP2. I don't see how anyone can know who is "more" important than anyone else in the long run until the entire series is released.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-10-23, 22:10   Link #132
maximilianjenus
[E]

renon is the culprit.
Old 2009-10-23, 22:24   Link #133
luckyssol

To think I wasted all that time reading some silly visual novel. Thank you making everything clear.

Battler was about to throw in the towel again... but he's got a sister who's at home sick waiting for her family to return. He's got to find a way to make it home...
Old 2009-10-23, 22:30   Link #134
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
I don't think that they are "some random people that have no known relevance to the story". They come from the same orphanage with Kanon and Shanon, so considering those two's weirdness we should have some question about them.
I do think that and I'm quite sure of it. They are RANDOM people.
We know that fukuin children only work in the mansion for three years max, also multiple fukuin children work at the same time. this started around the time the ushiromiya transfered to rokkenjima about 30 years before the story. There have been dozens of them working in the mansion. Renon, Manon and Runon are just 3 among like 50 of them.

But this isn't even the main point... your reasoning fails under so many aspects that I simply give up explaining them all.

Old 2009-10-23, 22:37   Link #135
maximilianjenus
[E]

not really, you say that now, but I remember a decent amount of people suspecting them before we got red text on the actual amount of people.
Old 2009-10-23, 22:37   Link #136
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
Battler was about to throw in the towel again... but he's got a sister who's at home sick waiting for her family to return. He's got to find a way to make it home...
Y'know, after you saying that, it makes me realize just how much motivation piece-Battler has to survive this ordeal.

I can't imagine how much Ange would suffer psychologiclly after learning her whole family were killed while she was home ill.
Old 2009-10-23, 23:16   Link #137
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

All I want to say is before EP3, Ange was barely mentioned in the game, just like the "-non" servants. And the fans speculated about her, just like the "-non" servants. In short, Ange is "in the same level" with them, no more no less. There's no need to make a fuss about why the anime didn't mention her earlier while it's already cut the "-non" servants part completely.

And I'll stop here, before spoiling anything.
Old 2009-10-23, 23:21   Link #138
Isekaijin

Preview for Episode 18 is subbed guys.

God I loled. If Touhou becomes an anime, I expect Deen to make it.

With our beloved Lambdadelta as ⑨

Perfect Freeze!
Old 2009-10-24, 00:39   Link #139
tcaz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
In short, Ange is "in the same level" with them, no more no less.
A characters sister is more important to motivations and speculation than a random servant will ever be.
Old 2009-10-24, 01:03   Link #140
Arbane the Terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
We know that fukuin children only work in the mansion for three years max, also multiple fukuin children work at the same time.
Are you sure about that? I could've sworn I saw something in the SNs about Shannon having worked there since she was 6.
Closed Thread