AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 13 (TRUE ROUTE) Rating
Perfect 10 46 46.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 35.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 11.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.10%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-31, 05:30   Link #81
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
She was in charge of cleaning that day, so I assumed that meant only she was obligated to stay behind. But I could be wrong. If others were required to clean up too, there's no excuse not to be there.
In Japanese schools, everyone has cleaning duty every day. And they get assigned to various locations (classroom/balcony, locker, staffroom, toilets, stairwell etc) in groups. So yeah, others were meant to be there.

...though Kyousuke and Manami should have had their own assigned locations too...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-03-31, 06:13   Link #82
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Zomgz, we even got some insight into Kyousuke's character. So it looks Kuroneko and Kyouske's relationship can finally progress with that realization. Of course, Kuroneko still has her own issues that have to be dealt with first.

Also lol@ Saori for being nuts. Loved the end.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-03-31, 06:55   Link #83
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What about Sena? She could make a good foil to Kuroneko too. And at least unlike Kirino, she's funny and entertaining.
Yeah i know. That's why I said it got better when she came in. Probably should've made that clearer...

Last edited by Haak; 2011-03-31 at 07:06.
Old 2011-03-31, 08:45   Link #84
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
In Japanese schools, everyone has cleaning duty every day. And they get assigned to various locations (classroom/balcony, locker, staffroom, toilets, stairwell etc) in groups. So yeah, others were meant to be there.

...though Kyousuke and Manami should have had their own assigned locations too...
Who needs janitors when you can put the students to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Zomgz, we even got some insight into Kyousuke's character. So it looks Kuroneko and Kyouske's relationship can finally progress with that realization. Of course, Kuroneko still has her own issues that have to be dealt with first.

Also lol@ Saori for being nuts. Loved the end.
It would be great if Kirino returns and finds her Aniki really friendly with her friends.
Old 2011-03-31, 09:48   Link #85
Dop
Mmmm....

I can't believe my Kuroneko could be so awesome!

Loved the episode, and count me as another person who enjoys the show more now one of the main characters is no longer around.

The whole outing of Sena scene was hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
am i the only one here who finds Saori grouping her own boobs hawt?
No! I mean, it was amusing in context as well, but I've always liked Saori as a character and wouldn't mind some more Saori-centric material.
Old 2011-03-31, 11:15   Link #86
taichi-kun

kuroneko isn't good at making new friends ....and she wants to spend more time with kyousuke

how old is kuroneko ? 16?? because she is older than kirino(14)

Why did kuroneko try to escape from dating with kyousuke and saori ????? I didn't get it ......
Old 2011-03-31, 11:30   Link #87
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Kuroneko is very likely to be between 15-16, the same than Kirino it seems.

And considering the "transition", she evaded Kyousuke on a later instance.
Old 2011-03-31, 12:18   Link #88
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
kuroneko isn't good at making new friends ....and she wants to spend more time with kyousuke
Its likely Kyou is the first guy who's ever spoken to her for more than a few minutes or treated her as chivalrously as he has. I've watched this sort of person in real life. The crusty shields evolve to protect inner fragility/innocence in a feedback loop of social mistakes made early and classmates reacting without analysis.

It may simply be that she'd like "alone time" with Kyou but is at a loss on how to accomplish that. More "group dates" won't improve the odds. A lot of viewers commit the error of 'armchair analysis' for these situations in stories ("she's an idiot, she should just blahblahblah") without any idea of how fearful these situations can be.
Old 2011-03-31, 13:38   Link #89
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
Links or it didn't happen. j/k j/k

Really liked this episode, maybe my fave from the whole series.
Well I'll give you a hint, "Me and Saori XXX"

I'll leave the rest up to your internet skills lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post

how old is kuroneko ? 16?? because she is older than kirino(14)

Why did kuroneko try to escape from dating with kyousuke and saori ????? I didn't get it ......
She's 1 yr older than Kirino and Saori is the same age as Ruri.
Old 2011-03-31, 19:58   Link #90
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
This episode should be called "Kirino - Good F'KN RIDDANCE!!!" because there wasn't an ounce of that annoying brat or her bratty friends in this episode. The moment I saw Kuro and Saori in Kyo's room, I instantly had a grin that lasted for most of the episode.

Me:"Saori, you're too good to be friends with Kirino. You deserve better!"
It was very endearing how Saori showed concern and anger about Kirino's sudden departure. I don't recall seeing her so emotional before. It somehow gave it more impact that it was between her usual funny antics, prob because I didn't expect it.

I like this Akagi girl very much compared to any of the 3 evil b...I mean witches(Kirino/Ayase/girl3 whose name escapes me). I was impressed that, despite her not wanting to be labeled an otaku, she still was not ashamed to admit her hobbies when confronted, unlike a CERTAIN someone . When she revealed she was a fujoshi and talked about her yaoi fantasies, that part was HILARIOUS ! Then after all that, her pouty voice when she was apologizing to her brother on the phone was seriously ADORABLE X03!!!

Focusing on Kuro was indeed FAR more enjoyable than ANY of the stints that Kirino had. Unlike Kirino, Kuro doesn't overpower every character on screen with her [annoying] presence. Things felt 'balanced' in that both Kuro and Kyo were actually communicating with each other rather than one pushing the other away. Even if his wish to get closer to Kuro is some odd feeling of missing Kirino, I feel that with time, they can create a bond closer with each other than Kirino ever had with him. I certainly don't mind that one bit and will be looking forward to seeing how their friendship will continue to grow(and hope Kirino will never return by the end of this series).
Old 2011-03-31, 20:31   Link #91
frubam
simp for Lyria

I read every post in this thread(after posting above).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Omg, just Kuroneko with no Kirino? Sounds awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Was she ever needed in the first place, I watch this for neko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Go figure that this show suddenly becomes much more entertaining and worthwhile when you take out the main character.

How's that work?....
Quote:
Originally Posted by serebe View Post
Wow, why does this get so much better when Kirino is not around?
No Kirino also means less sandbag Kyousuke, so it takes out two birds with one stone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon132004 View Post
that's all the more indicate how the show likeability has risen after cutting the main irritating character out of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Yep. Kriino is 3/4 of the show's issues. Take her out and the show is enjoyable again. Good riddens. ...many have noticed in the AS choice awards, she[Kirino] won worst character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
All this series needed to become good was Kirino's disappearance. Can she stay in America forever, please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
This episode is yet another proof that my enjoyement for this franchise is inversely proportional to Kirino's screentime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
Great episode. Would love if we got an entire season of no Kirino.
Quoted for truth .
Old 2011-03-31, 22:11   Link #92
Undertaker

This episode is as good an adaption as it go base on the anime. Sena's intro was handled pretty well and Kuroneko is great.

My only wish would be that now they decide to put Saori's rant about Kirino in, I really hope they would have S2 planned since this rant ties to Saori's personal background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
If Kureneko's treatment of the girls who asked her to go out for karaoke is any indication of how she acts towards her other classmates, then I sort of understand why no one would want to take the extra effort to be friendly\help her out. It's for that reason that I didn't feel too bad for when she was cleaning up alone. Not everyone is going to go out of their way to help someone who keeps putting up barriers. Only sandbag dude can deal with that "abuse" (I use the word abuse lightly considering this is not Kirino we're dealing with anymore.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Yeah pretty much, Ruri, brings it upon herself. Acting cold and bitter towards those who are trying to be friends are just gonna push people away. No sympathy from me towards people like that.

While I agree that Kuroneko's cold attitude is to blame for her not having any friend, but this is bullying neverthless, and as cold as she is, she still doesn't deserve that.

I don't know if you guys are familiar this, cleaning duties are NOT PUNISHMENT. Its a common knowledge that East Asian schools (Japan, Korea, Taiwan, China, etc.) assigns shared school areas (including rest room) to each classes on rotating basis (in addition to their own homerooms) for cleaning duties. (unlike America, where janitors takes care all of this) The area is usually pretty big and you never assign just 1 person to clean that area. It's usually a group of 4-6 students (or more depends on the size of school) on rotating basis.

With that being said, it's clear that Kuroneko was been left with all the cleaning duties whiles the others skipped out on her. You can blame that her loneliness was her own fault, but that doesn't mean that she deserves to get taken advantage of. It like blaming a molested victim for wearing short skirt or a rape victim for going to night clubs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post

Usually, there is a period assigned for the whole class to clean the home room and surrounded area, the additional shared/common school ground such as stairs, stuff room, restroom, court yard, that was assigned is usually left for after school and that duty is usually assigned on rotating basis within the class.

So, Ruri and others (who skipped on her) had the extra cleaning duty (in addition to the homeroom) that day while Kyosuke and Manami didn't (they only have to clean the homeroom with the rest of class)

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-03-31 at 22:40.
Old 2011-03-31, 23:22   Link #93
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I read every post in this thread(after posting above).

Quoted for truth .
Without evil there is no good.. because you have no metric to work with. Without Kirino, the series doesn't have the basis by which the other characters are marked.
Old 2011-04-01, 00:42   Link #94
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Usually, there is a period assigned for the whole class to clean the home room and surrounded area, the additional shared/common school ground such as stairs, stuff room, restroom, court yard, that was assigned is usually left for after school and that duty is usually assigned on rotating basis within the class.

So, Ruri and others (who skipped on her) had the extra cleaning duty (in addition to the homeroom) that day while Kyosuke and Manami didn't (they only have to clean the homeroom with the rest of class)
As far as I'm aware, cleaning the home room/balcony etc is carried out at the same time as everywhere else (30-40 students trying to clean one classroom space would be stupid), except at the end of the semester when they do spend an entire period cleaning it out, perhaps even mopping.

What I'd assumed is that Manami and Kyousuke and all other students had already finished their areas and were heading back to their classroom (with Kuroneko still there because she was the only one who show up and just didn't have enough time). But it could also be that they're assigned on alternate days because of student numbers, since Kyousuke said "today" rather than "this place" *shrugs* - I'm sure there are several different systems in use in Japan.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-04-01, 01:18   Link #95
Undertaker

My guess is it depends on school, my elementary school does both during the same time, but my junior high has them separate until I moved here to U.S.

40 people clean the classroom isn't that much stretch when you only have 10-15 mins, usually you got around 10 people on windows (both side of class room). 2-3 on black board, 2 on black board erasers, 2-3 on garbage, 5-6 people sweep, 5-6 people mop (inside classroom and corridor), the rest swipe desks/chair, moving objects for others to clean, etc.

There are also school where they leaves cleaning after school, and have 5-10 people per rotation for everything.... well, you got the idea...

Anyway, my favorite part on this episode is when Kyosuke trick Sena into admitting Homo Club is a kami-ge and Kuroneko gave this evil smile in the corner as she ties up the garbage bag. That is by far my favorite detail in the episode.
Old 2011-04-01, 01:37   Link #96
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
With that being said, it's clear that Kuroneko was been left with all the cleaning duties whiles the others skipped out on her. You can blame that her loneliness was her own fault, but that doesn't mean that she deserves to get taken advantage of. It like blaming a molested victim for wearing short skirt or a rape victim for going to night clubs....
Well put. Please understand I was not suggesting that she deserved to be taken advantage of. I was under the impression that only she had the responsibility for cleaning that day, and that others didn't bother to help out due to her attitude. That I can get. But dodging something that's your responsibility and putting it on others just because you don't like them is inexcusable.
Old 2011-04-01, 07:13   Link #97
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
Great episode. Definately my favorite of the entire series. Would love if we got an entire season of no Kirino.
no Kirino, no more any GROSS comments from her....

Saori pointing about Kirino, she actually hates her deep inside....

HALA MADRID!
Old 2011-04-02, 03:37   Link #98
sayde

-OP was a lot fun to watch. Seeing Kirino & Kuroneko's favorite characters go at it was a cool concept seeing as I'm a sucker for crossovers.

-I all but died & went to heaven right about here:
Spoiler for saori:
-Akagi was freaking hilarious.

-Call me dense, but are they really trying to imply that Kuroneko likes kyousuke?

Awesome episode overall. 10/10
Old 2011-04-02, 14:30   Link #99
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Well everyone has said everything I've wanted to say

So All I'll add is that the odds of Sena owning every game of the Cho Aniki series are 100%
Old 2011-04-02, 15:11   Link #100
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vx View Post
Without evil there is no good.. because you have no metric to work with. Without Kirino, the series doesn't have the basis by which the other characters are marked.
Lol, even so, having to suffer 'more of the bad' for 'a little of the good' is not exactly what I'd call a fair trade-off .
Closed Thread