AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2007-03-09, 18:59   Link #41
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Oh, I see...
I guess this movie will be viewed mostly as a glorified teaser trailer for the upcoming(?) KyoAni 52(64? )-episode-combo
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 23:34   Link #42
entity15498

Quote:
3-9-07 (6:19PM EST)---- CLANNAD Animation / BS-i?

The official website of Japanese sat-broadcaster BS-i reportedly posted some info on a future CLANNAD animation broadcast about a day ago. The mention was pulled shortly thereafter, leaving many to speculate on what this means. The only existing CLANNAD animation currently known is the animated film which is due way out towards the end of this year. Logically, that would mean a DVD release 4 months + after a healthy theatrical run and an eventual TV broadcast sometime into 2008. A bit premature for a TV network web posting now? Could a seperate TV series also be in the works? The CLANNAD film is going to get a major announcement at the Tokyo Anime Fair occuring at the end of this month. All bets are if something is brewing it will be announced then.

-- Anime News Service
Could this mean we're getting a TV series sooner than we think?
entity15498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 00:16   Link #43
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Oh, I see...
I guess this movie will be viewed mostly as a glorified teaser trailer for the upcoming(?) KyoAni 52(64? )-episode-combo
Don't count on it. 52 episodes is almost exclusive to the mecha genre. It would be a lovely change up, but a million too one shot for a harem show.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 00:28   Link #44
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Don't count on it. 52 episodes is almost exclusive to the mecha genre. It would be a lovely change up, but a million too one shot for a harem show.
But I think you are forgetting the all famous Da Capo! which was a harem show and went for 52 episodes!

Good to keep your hopes up, but i would be satisfied with maybe a 26 ep anime.
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 00:58   Link #45
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
But I think you are forgetting the all famous Da Capo! which was a harem show and went for 52 episodes!

Good to keep your hopes up, but i would be satisfied with maybe a 26 ep anime.
Da Capo was split into 2 seasons. A straight 52-episode ero-game anime series adaptation is kinda mythical at this point.

Cheers.
Old 2007-03-10, 01:21   Link #46
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Da Capo was split into 2 seasons. A straight 52-episode ero-game anime series adaptation is kinda mythical at this point.
Ahem... last I checked, CLANNAD has no pr0n.
Also, I think splitting CLANNAD into two seasons would be a great idea. It's easier on the animation studios (which means quality stays up), and I've managed to survive so far whilst waiting for another Haruhi series, so it shouldn't be too hard on the fans, either.
Old 2007-03-10, 01:27   Link #47
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Ahem... last I checked, CLANNAD has no pr0n.
Also, I think splitting CLANNAD into two seasons would be a great idea. It's easier on the animation studios (which means quality stays up), and I've managed to survive so far whilst waiting for another Haruhi series, so it shouldn't be too hard on the fans, either.
Ah jeez, fine. A bishoujo-game-based anime series then.

As for CLANNAD, I don't think two seasons is enough. Three would be a better number if we want to include everything. If I am not mistaken, there are three time-lines within it?

Cheers.
Old 2007-03-10, 02:13   Link #48
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:

As for CLANNAD, I don't think two seasons is enough. Three would be a better number if we want to include everything. If I am not mistaken, there are three time-lines within it?

Cheers.
3 time lines?! Hearing that really makes me fear the movie because, if it takes 3 seasons to tell the whole story, it puts in perspective how small in terms of story telling the movie is going to cover.... i'll still watch this movie when it comes out, but I would be totally annoyed if they just left it at that.
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 02:13   Link #49
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:

Cheers.
Assuming we're only talking about Nagisa's scenario here (which is the main plot of the game anyway), there's really only one continuous story timeline, but played out over a really long period of time (somewhere in the range of 10 years, beginning from when all our main characters were still in high school).

The story can be roughly split into 3 arcs though, in terms of the "life eras" that Tomoya will pass through. This is the primary concern the gamers have for the movie: even though the game did do some fast forwarding here and there, we're still talking about 10 years worth of life here. To cover that within only a 90 minute movie would be anything but easy.

Still, even though we keep stressing about CLANNAD's epic length, I actually don't think we'll need that many episodes to cover the game. Unlike Kanon or AIR, it's possible to have multiple heroines' routes running at the same time in CLANNAD, which all takes place during the "school life" era anyway. Once that is over, all that's left is a single route through the "After Story". If they plan things right, 24 episodes should be enough for a satisfactory adaptation.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 02:20   Link #50
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Assuming we're only talking about Nagisa's scenario here (which is the main plot of the game anyway), there's really only one continuous story timeline, but played out over a really long period of time (somewhere in the range of 10 years, beginning from when all our main characters were still in high school).

The story can be roughly split into 3 arcs though, in terms of the "life eras" that Tomoya will pass through. This is the primary concern the gamers have for the movie: even though the game did do some fast forwarding here and there, we're still talking about 10 years worth of life here. To cover that within only a 90 minute movie would be anything but easy.

Although we keep stressing about CLANNAD's epic length, I actually don't think we'll need that many episodes to cover the game. Unlike Kanon or AIR, it's possible to have multiple heroines' routes running at the same time in CLANNAD, which all takes place during the "school life" era anyway. Once that is over, all that's left is a single route through the "After Story". If they plan things right, 24 episodes should be enough for a satisfactory adaptation.
Uh Oh, there's a character named Nagisa. Everytime I hear that name it usually brings up some horrible memory I can't fully recall, but causes me to shiver. Though I honestly can't remember why. All I get is somebody mumbling something about "NAgisa-Chan... Something" in a high pitched voice and its all a blank, but it still scares me. Maybe its a false memory.
Old 2007-03-10, 13:29   Link #51
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:

That's better
[/weeaboo]

I really don't think we need to include everything. Some things will have to be altered/left out for the sake of keeping a consistent timeline, and some things may be better off just being omitted (the Sunohara ending comes to mind ).

@Kaioshin: If you've somehow played CLANNAD without realizing it, then that name giving you the shakes would be understandable
Old 2007-03-10, 13:49   Link #52
FireChick

Quote:
Uh Oh, there's a character named Nagisa. Everytime I hear that name it usually brings up some horrible memory I can't fully recall, but causes me to shiver. Though I honestly can't remember why. All I get is somebody mumbling something about "NAgisa-Chan... Something" in a high pitched voice and its all a blank, but it still scares me. Maybe its a false memory.
Do you watch Pretty Cure? Cuz' in the first season there's a character named Nagisa Misumi. Maybe you're talking about her?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 15:20   Link #53
-Nyu-
Yozora

52 episodes are too much in my opinion, 24/26 will be enough.
I'm not a fan of series with more than 26 episodes. I've only watched two series with more than 26 and these were "Full Metal Alchemist" and "Eureka Seven".
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 19:21   Link #54
Zappster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Going way off-topic here but it could be Strawberry Panic. Sounds like a line that Tamao would come out with who is quite into Nagisa... if you catch my drift.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 20:53   Link #55
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Not really on topic either, but the casting for the CLANNAD drama CD has been announced:
http://www.animate.tv/special/clannad.php

Nojima Kenji-san as Tomoya... Not a bad choice, really. His sexy Nanaya Shiki voice from Melty Blood would be perfect for the role.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 20:53   Link #56
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I'm hoping for 24/26 episodes. I lose interest in most titles after that number is exceeded.
Old 2007-03-11, 02:46   Link #57
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster View Post
Going way off-topic here but it could be Strawberry Panic. Sounds like a line that Tamao would come out with who is quite into Nagisa... if you catch my drift.
I think it might have actually been two equally bad Hentai's that I have purged entirely from memory other than that name. I recalled this while walking home last night actually.
Old 2007-03-11, 05:21   Link #58
paopaoyu

Send a message via MSN to paopaoyu
http://www.dengekionline.com/data/ne...f6b9c0cbc.html

I'd like the bus -v-
paopaoyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 09:14   Link #59
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

More information can be found here:
http://www.akibablog.net/archives/20...ad_070311.html

Scroll to the bottom, there is a WMV file of the promotional video (contains spoiler). Seems that the Game OP メグメル will be used in the film.

Spoiler:

Last edited by nani; 2007-03-11 at 11:48.
nani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 09:41   Link #60
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani View Post
More information can be found here:
http://www.akibablog.net/archives/20...ad_070311.html

Scroll to the bottom, there is a WMV file of the promotional video (contains spoiler). Seems that the Game OP メグメル will be used in the film.
The video is already on YouTube(if someone doesn't want to download it).

Seems very good.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, movie, romance, school life, seinen, toei