AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-04, 11:08   Link #201
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdreavius View Post
I'm pretty sure the 3rd floor is SUPPOSED to be like that and not an animation error as the 3rd floor button was missing in one of the previous eps, and it's missing again here (around 20:22).
Spoiler for :
According to the first episode (CR 02:40 mark), the PaperGuy's room is on the third floor. "I'm actually in room three." It's my understanding that each floor only has 2 apartments, one for the student and one for the bodyguard. So, no, I don't think the missing 3rd floor is intentional. Besides, even if you couldn't access the third floor, why would the button and indicator light be missing from the elevator box? They're certainly not going to replace the elevator box when the floor becomes accessible in order to add the button and indicator light.

One of these days, I may actually remember PaperGuy's real name.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 11:17   Link #202
Misdreavius

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
According to the first episode (CR 02:40 mark), the PaperGuy's room is on the third floor. "I'm actually in room three." It's my understanding that each floor only has 2 apartments, one for the student and one for the bodyguard. So, no, I don't think the missing 3rd floor is intentional. Besides, even if you couldn't access the third floor, why would the button and indicator light be missing from the elevator box? They're certainly not going to replace the elevator box when the floor becomes accessible in order to add the button and indicator light.

One of these days, I may actually remember PaperGuy's real name.
Hmm I checked some info and yeah Sorinozuka's room is on floor 3, Karuta's on floor 2. Doesn't really matter anyway, though it is obviously NOT an animation error as I noticed in episode 1 the lift doesn't have the 3 button either. Unless the animation studio is stupid enough to make an error 3 times.
Misdreavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 12:56   Link #203
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdreavius View Post
Hmm I checked some info and yeah Sorinozuka's room is on floor 3, Karuta's on floor 2. Doesn't really matter anyway, though it is obviously NOT an animation error as I noticed in episode 1 the lift doesn't have the 3 button either. Unless the animation studio is stupid enough to make an error 3 times.
Okay, let's say it's not an animation error. That brings up a question then. How do Sorinozuka and his bodyguard (Nobara??) get to their apartment floor?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2012-02-04, 13:02   Link #204
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Secret back stairway? Fire escape? Hole in the ceiling? Just plain magic?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 13:13   Link #205
00Coyote

Well, he IS a flying cloth monster, not like he specifically needs doors, or stairs
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 15:10   Link #206
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Secret back stairway? Fire escape? Hole in the ceiling? Just plain magic?
You're much more imaginative than I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
Well, he IS a flying cloth monster, not like he specifically needs doors, or stairs
True, but what about his bodyguard, Nobara? (Side question: Do we know what her ayakashi form is? Have I just forgotten? Or has it not been revealed yet?)

ETA: I feel about this kinda like how the people discussing the way microgravity is working (or not working) over in the Mourestu Pirates thread must feel.

Old 2012-02-04, 15:18   Link #207
Raghe

Quote:
True, but what about his bodyguard, Nobara? (Side question: Do we know what her ayakashi form is? Have I just forgotten? Or has it not been revealed yet?)
She's a Yuki-Onna, it's revealed in the first episode xD

Spoiler for Ep.1:
Raghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 15:30   Link #208
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghe View Post
She's a Yuki-Onna, it's revealed in the first episode xD
Ah yes. Now I remember. Thanks!

Old 2012-02-04, 15:46   Link #209
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Okay, let's say it's not an animation error. That brings up a question then. How do Sorinozuka and his bodyguard (Nobara??) get to their apartment floor?
Thats the mystery behind it, I think it's got a secret entrance or means to get there, maybe a certain button combo.
Don't think it's an animation error.

Well I found ep 4 rather enjoyable, it's actually pretty good hearing the inner thoughts of a "tsundere" to such lengths, it's a great contrast but then she isn't eaxctly your typical "tsundere"

Nice to get an intro to other people around the complex, Yui....I mean Maid Yui 1 is adorable and also well she and Miss Yuki Onna have something in common as seen with the bathroom scene

Riri-chwan with glasses~!
Old 2012-02-04, 17:51   Link #210
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
ETA: I feel about this kinda like how the people discussing the way microgravity is working (or not working) over in the Mourestu Pirates thread must feel.
At least we haven't started debating why we haven't had any panty shots of Riri yet with her short skirt. >.>

Does anyone know how many tenants there are total? I know there's still at least one who hasn't been introduced yet which makes four, although it seems like the building has room for quite a few more people.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 18:13   Link #211
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Does anyone know how many tenants there are total? I know there's still at least one who hasn't been introduced yet which makes four, although it seems like the building has room for quite a few more people.
We're only ever introduced to four, as far as I can recall. Four tenants and their SSes, plus building staff.

For the people who were mentioning Nobara's magazine earlier, it looked like a gravure magazine to me. The title of the rag was "The Fetish," at any rate.

Watanuki got lots of crazy delinquent slang popping up behind him this episode. The phrase 天上天下 that appeared on his shirt also appeared in the scene where he was surrounded by floating words. Nearby was the phrase 唯我独尊. Put together, the sentence 天上天下唯我独尊 means "Throughout Heaven and Earth, I alone am worthy of respect." The words are attributed to the Gautama Buddha, and look really badass when stitched on the back of your leather jacket.

Other phrases included 喧嘩上等 (always ready for a fight; this was emblazoned on the back of his coat as well) and 風林火山 (the battle standard of Takeda Shingen). There's also the stereotypical "yankee" versions of common phrases, which are written phonetically in unnecessarily complicated kanji. I assume these are for the "looks cool on my shirt" effect. There's 夜露死苦 (pronounced like "nice to meet you," but written like "excruciating midnight death by exposure"; this was on his shirt in the eyecatch), 愛死天流 (pronounced like "I love you" but written "love, death, heaven, flow"), and 愛羅武勇 (also "I love you" but with English phonetics; written "love, silk, brave warrior").

The more you know.
Old 2012-02-05, 02:45   Link #212
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

So cute Karuta and Watanuki....well there'll be more of them next ep

Karuta in maid outfit = love
Old 2012-02-05, 09:25   Link #213
Bern-san

The episode was great and Mamoru Miyano as Natsume was win

I'm upset over the fact that they were doing 1 manga chapter= 1 episode and now they are skipping chapter 5 and are going to cram chapters 6 and 7 in one episode just to introduce that guy? (I love that guy but it seems that they are going to skip development of certain characters)

And the thing about the floors, here's an image which shows it how it is distributed:
Spoiler for :

And here some images
Spoiler for 4-koma by the author:

Spoiler for soushi genderbender:

Spoiler for the SS:

Spoiler for Ririchiyo and Soushi:

Spoiler for Karuta and Watanuki:

Spoiler for crossover lol:

Spoiler for Natsume:
Old 2012-02-05, 19:33   Link #214
Dop
Mmmm....

That end credit sequence really needs one of those "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how fabulous I am" captions....

Some of the inner dialogue had me starting to wonder if Ririchiyo was about to enrol in Yamaku High... or maybe not...!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 22:06   Link #215
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Late to the party here and all - but I enjoyed ep 4 as well.

Am surprised (and pleased!) that the series is a very faithful manga adaptation so far....

7.5/10 vote from me for ep 4.
Old 2012-02-07, 02:44   Link #216
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Even later to the party. Good show. Surprising bits of depth. This is the first time I have really, really liked Hidaka Rina's work as a seiyuu:

She's now 18, and has been in show business since elementary school. She was a TV actress, and a model, and now is doing mainly anime, and singing. She was Anne Shirley in Before Green Gables, Last Order in Index, Kaede in Tiger & Bunny, and Airi in Rokyubu. And she's Ririchiyo here. She is said to be a top student, particularly in mathematics.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-02-07 at 03:39.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 02:49   Link #217
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Whoa ... the seiyuu for Ririchiyo is the same for Last Order of the Index series and Anne from Before Green Gables?!
Old 2012-02-08, 11:21   Link #218
EroKing

IMAGE RUSH!

Some freebies I made out of them.

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-12-03 at 07:48.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 13:23   Link #219
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Some freebies I made out of them.

Claiming this one before someone else does! <3 Thanks, EroKing. :3
Old 2012-02-09, 15:36   Link #220
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

And so we finally meet the inhabitant of Room 2 and the person Karuta was assigned to protect.

Have to admit that Kagerou for me is funny sometimes but at other times is a little over the top for my tastes - Karuta is amazingly patient. While part of me for some reason feels really sorry for him - part of me wanted Nobara to freeze him solid.

By the way, Soronizuka's deadpan delivery line of "What's this? Uhh ... Nobara, it's really cold in here." had me literally laughing out loud.

I tell ya - it is so refreshing to see an "insider view" of a tsundere who knows she hurts others and wants to change her behavior. I really like the way she has slowly come to care for Soushi - it feels very real to me, somehow. The whole sequence of her wanting to write him a letter was very touching.

7.5/10 vote for ep 5 from me. Very enjoyable stuff....

Tags
romance, shounen