AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-13, 13:50   Link #1301
hinakatbklyn

Looks like VD in each match. I might be able to guess one of the 3 closest matches.
Old 2012-04-13, 17:15   Link #1302
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
ARENA 01: Kirishima Shōko [[Reki]]
ARENA 02: Haqua du Lot Herminium [[Abstained]] Takahara Ayumi
ARENA 03: Konoe Subaru [[Sena Airi]]
ARENA 04: Hotogi Shirayuki [[Nakagawa Kanon]]
ARENA 05: Tsugumi [[Sakura Kyōko]]
ARENA 06: [[Fear Kubrick]] Laura Bodewig
ARENA 07: Gasai Yuno [[Ika-Musume]]
ARENA 08: [[Kaname Madoka]] Kasugano Sora
ARENA 09: Elucia de Lute Irma [[Ueno Kirika]]
ARENA 10: Iwasawa Asami [[Toshinō Kyōko]]
ARENA 11: Matsumae Ohana [[Mine Riko]]
ARENA 12: [[Haruna]] Ayuzawa Misaki
ARENA 13: [[Aragaki Ayase]] Shinonono Hōki
ARENA 14: [[Suzutsuki Kanade]] Shionji Yūko (Alice)
ARENA 15: Shimada Minami [[Tomoe Mami]]
ARENA 16: [[Honma Meiko]] Shinomiya Ayase
ARENA 17: [[Ikaros]] Saten Ruiko
ARENA 18: [[Furude Rika]] Hiiragi Kagami
ARENA 19: [[Sanzen'in Nagi]] Maria
ARENA 20: Kawashima Ami [[Konjiki no Yami]]
ARENA 21: Asahina Mikuru [[Sakurano Kurimu]]
ARENA 22: [[Index L. Prohibitorum]] Yūki Mikan
ARENA 23: [[Fate Testarossa]] Shirai Kuroko
ARENA 24: [[Shiina Mafuyu]] Ibuki Fūko
ARENA 25: Lala Satalin Deviluke [[Izumi Konata]]
ARENA 26: Saginomiya Isumi [[Fujibayashi Kyō]]
ARENA 27: Furukawa Nagisa [[Takamachi Nanoha]]
ARENA 28: [[Hiiragi Tsukasa]] Kotobuki Tsumugi
ARENA 29: Kotegawa Yui [[Nymph]]
ARENA 30: Hirasawa Ui [[Kushieda Minori]]
ARENA 31: [[Okazaki Ushio]] Hecate
ARENA 32: [[Ichinose Kotomi]] Tainaka Ritsu
Old 2012-04-13, 17:22   Link #1303
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

I assume Iwasawa is somewhere between 993-1806 and highly doubt she'll go 0-35 knowing that there are way weaker girls than her that'll make it into the Nova section if Toshinou Kyoko trolled Iwasawa then she has a higher chance of becoming 0-35 compared to Iwasawa.

Last edited by Ichuki; 2012-04-13 at 22:45.
Old 2012-04-13, 22:08   Link #1304
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

International failmoe is finally over...With a few extra months break to boot.
Old 2012-04-13, 22:12   Link #1305
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

I don't know why I can't see the results well at least there's characters I wanted, at least Iwasawa won't be 0-35 this time.

Last edited by Ichuki; 2012-04-13 at 22:45.
Old 2012-04-13, 22:15   Link #1306
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Contestants page is fully updated.
Old 2012-04-13, 22:20   Link #1307
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
maglor got mad at Sora's win and hacked into ISML and almost erased half of ISML data.
Old 2012-04-13, 22:35   Link #1308
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Seems Asia likes her (aside from the Koreans). Even Japan went against Madoka.

The Russians, Australians, and Western Europe are very against Sora.
Old 2012-04-13, 22:37   Link #1309
broken270
Defying gravity

Looks like Kyouko was the one that got 31. Barely edged out, but at least Homura was not alone. Interesting to see Hecate and Ushio as the second closest match. I thought Hecate would at least do better, but Hecate looks to have a hard time possibly beating someone like Kotomi, whom I was very glad that she had a decisive victory over Ritsu. Mafuyu having a close victory over Fuuko was expected. Again, it does not look like Mayufu is going to have a productive year this year as well. I wonder how her match with Hecate will fare. Menma defeating Ayase by a perfect 180 was truly a 180 flip for me. I thought she could not do it, but this ghost was able to do something. Sadly, her life in Regular season is going to be tough, and I hope she is not the one that is going to go 0-35, but it looks almost likely to be the case. Fate, you were a great competitor and fighter while you lasted. I hope to see you in an exhibition match sometime in the future, maybe challenging a Rozen Maiden girl, but we know you will easily knock them out in an ISML field. I wish you the best of luck; this year and possibly future years of ISML would not be the same without you.
Old 2012-04-13, 22:44   Link #1310
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Graphs like this make it hard for me to dislike the result, even though I really don't like Kyouko. (Then again I haven't watched GC so meh)
Old 2012-04-13, 22:46   Link #1311
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Fate and Nanoha go out together.

Weird that Japan supported Nanoha against Nagisa, but supported Kuroko against Fate.
Old 2012-04-13, 23:10   Link #1312
ion475
にこにこにー

Well, the results are in...

1. Sora beating Madoka. Not like I don't see it coming anyway when Madoka girls in general gets no love...
2. I mean, Kyoko beat Tsugumi by a hair, and Tsugumi, by all measure, is not that strong...
3. Japan going against Madoka is not new. They've been going against Mami-sama for awhile anyway when that's about the only place where Mami was winning...
4. Kanade > Alice...just blah...(Not like Alice would go anywhere, but still...)
5. Meiko edged (Shinomiya) Ayase by 180...boo, one less HanaKana (Although Ayase would be fighting for the 0-35 clown anyway if she got in)
6. Ika-chan gets no love from basically anywhere...Korea & Vietnam went for her, about a 50-50 in Japan but that's about it...
7. Well, still hating on Iwasawa, but then, I expect nothing from Kyoko anyway...
8. So, who'll go 0-35? Iwasawa? (Unlikely, since she'll get 1 or 2 wins against the weaklings) Sora? (No clue...she did beat Madoka to get in...) Or Riko? Meiko?
9. If I'm not wrong, Fate is the only one in Stella that got in last year but didn't this year. But then, it's either her or Kuroko that will get that honor...
10. Probably easier to guess 0-35 in Stella...my bet goes to Hecate, who basically lose all the momentum she got from Shana III.
Old 2012-04-13, 23:24   Link #1313
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Kanon, Haqua, Elsie, Eu, Sena, Mafuyu, Shana, and Hecate made it. Unlike many here I seem to enjoy the entries to ISML EVERY year. Arent I lucky...
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2012-04-13, 23:36   Link #1314
Team Rocket Elite

Mostly expected results today and even expected winners despite close matches. Haqua, Ayase and Iwasawa were expected to have easy wins and they won by even more than I expected. Haqua really brought the hammer down on Ayumi with Same Fanbase Factor. Hecate ends up doing much worse than I thought she would but manages to hold off Ushio. Looks like Hecate got just enough strength from Shana 3. Kanon and Shirayuki had some bad luck in having to face each other for advancment. I feel both of them are in the top 36 in Nova but one of them had to leave today and it was Shirayuki. Kyouko manages to just barely avoid choking to Tsugumi. It's going to be a really tough regular season for Kyouko, though. Guilty Crown's strength seems to have faded just a bit too much since Ayase fails to beat Menma. It's too bad Ayase couldn't add another Hanazawa Kana character to the regular season. Fuuko vs Mafuyu was a battle between characters on the very edge of the top 36. I thought Fuuko would take it but I'm happy enough with Mafuyu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post

Graphs like this make it hard for me to dislike the result, even though I really don't like Kyouko. (Then again I haven't watched GC so meh)
That's pretty cool. It would have been a awesome match to watch if there were live updates of interm vote counts.
Old 2012-04-13, 23:38   Link #1315
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Well, the results are in...

1. Sora beating Madoka. Not like I don't see it coming anyway when Madoka girls in general gets no love...
2. I mean, Kyoko beat Tsugumi by a hair, and Tsugumi, by all measure, is not that strong...
3. Japan going against Madoka is not new. They've been going against Mami-sama for awhile anyway when that's about the only place where Mami was winning...
4. Kanade > Alice...just blah...(Not like Alice would go anywhere, but still...)
5. Meiko edged (Shinomiya) Ayase by 180...boo, one less HanaKana (Although Ayase would be fighting for the 0-35 clown anyway if she got in)
6. Ika-chan gets no love from basically anywhere...Korea & Vietnam went for her, about a 50-50 in Japan but that's about it...
7. Well, still hating on Iwasawa, but then, I expect nothing from Kyoko anyway...
8. So, who'll go 0-35? Iwasawa? (Unlikely, since she'll get 1 or 2 wins against the weaklings) Sora? (No clue...she did beat Madoka to get in...) Or Riko? Meiko?
9. If I'm not wrong, Fate is the only one in Stella that got in last year but didn't this year. But then, it's either her or Kuroko that will get that honor...
10. Probably easier to guess 0-35 in Stella...my bet goes to Hecate, who basically lose all the momentum she got from Shana III.
I'm guessing Yuno or Sora will go 0-35 they look like the weakest in Nova plus Iwasawa's strength looks close to Inori according to that one match in Prelims 2 whose gonna be mid tier at least. I'm thinking Yuno, Meiko, Aragaki, Kyoko, Minami, and Sora might struggle more than her. I feel like despite Himeji passing Phase II she looks like she might struggle.

Last edited by Ichuki; 2012-04-18 at 13:49.
Old 2012-04-13, 23:47   Link #1316
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Poor Rika . Knew she was in a tough one, but still hoped she could pull something off. Suppose the fact that it wasn't a total blowout should be a comfort...Could have made it against a different opponent, just figures she went up against someone like Kagami...

Otherwise it went fairly well. Didn't lose too many that I was really hoping for. Characters like Nymph and Riko got through their matches so can at least support them in the real thing.

Well in the end this was a good warm-up. Losing Rika gets the feeling of loss in before characters I like get beaten soundly in the real event .
Old 2012-04-14, 00:46   Link #1317
broken270
Defying gravity

Here are my thoughts on some of the results. I will possibly create an overall impression of the entire preliminary season later.
Old 2012-04-14, 02:15   Link #1318
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Kyou got through, all I wanted for this stage. ^^

Most of the Madoka girls getting denied was a bonus. They still have Homura to support, they really shouldn't get that upset. At least their show has a character which will likely reach the playoffs.

Pity about Fear and Menma getting in, oh well. Each to their own.

Hmm, characters I can vote for...27. 14 Stella, 13 Nova. That's enough.

Winless candidates? Stella - between Hecate and Ikaros. Kuroko will be very low too. Nova - Kyouko is my pick. Menma and Iwasawa will struggle.
Old 2012-04-14, 10:27   Link #1319
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Characters I would vote for
Nova- 11 (Kanon, Inori, Haqua, LC, Mato, Yui-nyan, Tenshi, Iwasawa, Erio, Victorique,Irisviel)
Stella- 11 (Tomoyo, Kyo, C.C., Hinagiku, Nagi, Yuki, Legendary Girl A, Kagamin, Tsumugi, Mafuyu, Holo, Shana)
(Not gonna mention don't cares)

Anti voting every time (Well someone mentioned what their anti-votes are so why the hell not?)
Nova- Charlotte, Aragaki, Yuno, Fear, Kuroneko, Kobato, Niku, Yozora, Yurippe, Kirino
Stella- Mio, Mikuru, Biribiri, Azu-nyan

Last edited by Ichuki; 2012-05-16 at 11:17.
Old 2012-04-14, 11:48   Link #1320
ion475
にこにこにー

Let me count...

Nova:
Group 0 (Above waifu level): Tenshi, Kuroneko, Homura (3)
Group 1 (Top Tier): Kobato, Aria, Niku, Shiori, Erio, Victorique, Ayase, Charlotte, Elsie, Fear (10)
Group 2 (Above Average): Haqua, Himeji, Shoko, Kirino, Yozora, Kyoko, Minami, Yui-nyan, Inori, Eu-kun (10)
Group 3 (Don't care): Haruna, Meiko, Iris, Sora, Mato, Kurisu, Riko, Kanon (8)
Group 4 (Unlikely to vote for): Yuno, Subaru, Yurippe, (Suzutsuki) Kanade (4)
Group 5 (Anti-voting every time): Iwasawa (1)

Stella:
Group 0 (Above waifu level): Taiga, Mio, Azu-nyan (3)
Group 1 (Top Tier): Kyou, Kagami, Hina, Louise, Yuki, Nagi, Nadeko, Hitagi, Shana, Mafuyu, Kuroko (11)
Group 2 (Above Average): Gitah, Kotomi, Ikaros, Illya, Konata, Yami, Biribiri, Tomoyo (8)
Group 3 (Don't care): Mikuru, Nagisa, Hecate, Ui, Holo, Index, Mugi, Last Order, Nymph, Shinobu (10)
Group 4 (Unlikely to vote for): Saber, Rin (2)
Group 5 (Anti-voting every time): Haruhi, C.C. (2)

So, basically, counting Tier 0 + Tier 1, 13 for Nova and 14 for Stella.

Of course, it's very likely that I'll vote for those in Tier 2 as well, bumping it up to 23 for Nova and 22 for Stella...looks like it will be fun in main season.

Tags
isml, saimoe, tournament