AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-20, 09:52   Link #301
watisit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
Seems weird that anyone would think the humans were pulling any strings, since they were forgotten and looked down on completely, unless this will reveal some info regarding that.
That's the thing, this was before the ten oaths. Even if the humans were ignored, they owned most of the continent at the time. While they were ignored, they were probably not powerless. They probably had people could, like Sora, think out of the box.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 11:22   Link #302
Kioras

Quote:
Originally Posted by watisit View Post
That's the thing, this was before the ten oaths. Even if the humans were ignored, they owned most of the continent at the time. While they were ignored, they were probably not powerless. They probably had people could, like Sora, think out of the box.
Maybe before the oaths came out, it was possible that the humans were running a confederation, with multiple races taking part in it and had good cooperation and relations with several of the other lower ranked races. They could pool there resources, somewhat like what Sora is planning.

Since the oaths, they had to split up, which made the humans lose any advantage they may of had, which also possibly hurt the other races they were working with.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 13:58   Link #303
Breimoon

isnt it more likely that they didnt take part in the wars and since the others were busy warring each other no one took care of small weak humans who didnt have magic? The angels/devils didnt care about elves till they used magic to stop flying over their city.And since humans had more people (they have smaller life span but reproduce more compared to others races as seen in many fantasy stories) it didnt matter if a city or two were raided.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 16:15   Link #304
RDNexus

Excuse me, does anyone know of a way to post questions to the author (facebook, twitter, etc)?
Since he's brazilian, it might not be much of a problem to communicate with him, I guess...

Last edited by RDNexus; 2014-04-20 at 16:34.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 16:46   Link #305
EvI

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Excuse me, does anyone know of a way to post questions to the author (facebook, twitter, etc)?
Since he's brazilian, it might not be much of a problem to communicate with him, I guess...
i found his facebook but i just don't have the courage to ask for him to add me there

and, eae cara, someone who speaks portuguese together with me here \o/
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 16:55   Link #306
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
i found his facebook but i just don't have the courage to ask for him to add me there

and, eae cara, someone who speaks portuguese together with me here \o/
I wanted to try speak with him about his work and show him mine, since a real light novel author could know better how I could get my novel to look better (or not )...

And, you mean, this one? If yes, I already sent a friend request If not, which one did you find?
Old 2014-04-20, 17:03   Link #307
EvI

oh sent you the same one in private hahaha sorry didn't saw that you edited :P
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 17:07   Link #308
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
oh sent you the same one in private hahaha sorry didn't saw that you edited :P
No problem
But he's apparently been inactive there and I'm not sure if I could send him a message in portuguese or english or whatever, since I'm bad at japanese...
Old 2014-04-20, 17:17   Link #309
Xacual

He's lived in Japan since he was 7. Odds are he's going to primarily be good in Japanese.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 21:08   Link #310
Plant42

Quote:
I wanted to try speak with him about his work and show him mine, since a real light novel author could know better how I could get my novel to look better (or not )...

And, you mean, this one? If yes, I already sent a friend request If not, which one did you find?
Here's his Twitter.

https://twitter.com/yuukamiya68
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 21:44   Link #311
watisit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
Maybe before the oaths came out, it was possible that the humans were running a confederation, with multiple races taking part in it and had good cooperation and relations with several of the other lower ranked races. They could pool there resources, somewhat like what Sora is planning.

Since the oaths, they had to split up, which made the humans lose any advantage they may of had, which also possibly hurt the other races they were working with.
A confederation? With other races? Not likely, given how Stephanie reacted in vol 3.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 21:58   Link #312
Kioras

Quote:
Originally Posted by watisit View Post
A confederation? With other races? Not likely, given how Stephanie reacted in vol 3.
The oaths were set, what thousands of years ago(6000?)? Considering what a mess our history is, what are the chances of someone knowing much on the details of a truly ancient era.

In our world we have a lot of missing information regarding even the Romans, 2000 years ago, and we have not been losing for all that time.

We have no idea how things were before the oaths, but the next novel might enlighten us, when it is eventually translated, or more likely spoiled.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 22:32   Link #313
golem517

humanity /imaty have the KING PIECE. what the hell did they do in the past to get that piece?
king piece is the most valuable piece in chess. any spoiler? anyone? ^^
golem517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 00:35   Link #314
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by golem517 View Post
humanity /imaty have the KING PIECE. what the hell did they do in the past to get that piece?
king piece is the most valuable piece in chess. any spoiler? anyone? ^^
I'm guessing that that will be revealed in the light novel that comes out this week, considering it's a flashback novel, with Tet narrating how the war 6000 years previous happened... so this question is probably too early.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 02:52   Link #315
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
Thanks, I'm gotta go try there first

EDIT: Done, tweeted in english. Let's see if he answers me or not, he seems to be more active there...

Last edited by RDNexus; 2014-04-21 at 03:12.
Old 2014-04-21, 05:27   Link #316
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Thanks, I'm gotta go try there first

EDIT: Done, tweeted in english. Let's see if he answers me or not, he seems to be more active there...
I don't think you had tell him what's your original light novel in that tweet..?
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 06:34   Link #317
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
I don't think you had tell him what's your original light novel in that tweet..?
Maybe... But also, why not? Could you explain your thinking better?

Uh, wait... How did you find my tweets? They don't show on his Twitter...
Or did you say that because of what I stated in my previous posts?

Last edited by RDNexus; 2014-04-21 at 07:30.
Old 2014-04-21, 11:26   Link #318
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Maybe... But also, why not? Could you explain your thinking better?

Uh, wait... How did you find my tweets? They don't show on his Twitter...
Or did you say that because of what I stated in my previous posts?
I think it'd be better to talk about why you'd want him to see it and give a link to your work..?

And I found out your tweet by searching all tweets that included @yuukamiya68 in twitter.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 13:07   Link #319
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
I think it'd be better to talk about why you'd want him to see it and give a link to your work..?

And I found out your tweet by searching all tweets that included @yuukamiya68 in twitter.
Ah, you did it that way, ok...

But I didn't give him any link, if he somehow takes an interest in checking it, he just have to look at my twitter or answer my tweets or whatever.
I only mentioned him that I was working on it and that there was an online version in case he could get interested, who knows?

Also, I was actually interested in a Light Novel author possibly taking a look at it and comment about it since I'm trying to write my story as a sort of portuguese-style Light Novel. I know it's a weird thing to do but I don't see a problem in at least asking... The "No" is always garanteed, but who knows...

Last edited by RDNexus; 2014-04-21 at 14:35.
Old 2014-04-21, 17:53   Link #320
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

The jibril game is the most epic thing I've read in a light novel, personally. I'm so stoked for it to show up on the snime.

Tags
harem, light novel, move to ln (mf bunko j), pure love story