AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-09, 23:58   Link #21
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

being an avid watcher of old classic movies, i found the Audrey Hepburn references very interesting.

http://gunsightone.net/RECHepburnWorship.html

Heh
PEDOS_GRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 00:00   Link #22
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDOS_GRANDE
being an avid watcher of old classic movies, i found the Audrey Hepburn references very interesting.

http://gunsightone.net/RECHepburnWorship.html

Heh
Nice. Nicely found. Very cool indeed.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 00:02   Link #23
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Nice. Nicely found. Very cool indeed.
The first two were very obvious. The last one was not; i knew i had seen that image before but had no idea what movie it was from.

1st is Roman Holiday, 2nd is Breakfast at Tiffany's (of course). Anyone know what movie the 3rd one is from?
PEDOS_GRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 01:05   Link #24
benjydb

Well if I had to guess I would say the 3rd one is from Funny Face where she wears a similar outfit during one of the musical/dancing numbers.
benjydb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 03:58   Link #25
Rion
Ramune~

I loved the Audrey Hepburn hints too *hehe* But I just noticed the second one myself (well it is the clearest )

Am I actually the only person who thinks that Aka's seiyuu's rather doing a mediocre job? I mean, every seiyuu is supposed to be able to do different voices - and sounding "right". Aka's seiyuu however sounds rather unbelievable to me as soon as she tries to change her voice (the ticket, Audrey Hepburn etc.)

All in all, I like the anime though. Aka's an interesting character, the story starts in a pretty interesting and unconventional way... I browsed a bit through the manga and I wonder how much of the manga will be covered in this anime - and whether the anime will be as ecchi and crazily funny as the manga *g*

Edit: Just like froinlaven has pointed out in his blog, Aka's chest is smaller in the anime. Maybe there really isn't as much ecchi (which I hope a lot).
Rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 04:41   Link #26
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rion
Am I actually the only person who thinks that Aka's seiyuu's rather doing a mediocre job? I mean, every seiyuu is supposed to be able to do different voices - and sounding "right". Aka's seiyuu however sounds rather unbelievable to me as soon as she tries to change her voice (the ticket, Audrey Hepburn etc.)
Mine is just a guess, but couldn't this be due to the fact that Aka is still a novice seiyuu? Hence her skills and overall level aren't still supposed to be those of a pro.
What if her VA is purposally acting, for using your words, "mediocre"? Usually, no one is a master in his/her work at the beginning.
A little hint is also given by Fumihiko reaction to Aka's actings, not only he doesn't understand at all what she's doing and doesn't praise her, he was more for suggesting her to get lost..

As for the sex scene, I agree: it's unusual. But I think it's positive in this case: it probably means that the Fumihiko+Aka relationship isn't the focus of the tale, so better get it fixed already. Hence the focus could be on other most important thing by now, since the attachment between the two main characters has already been settled.
We've enough of infinite "pick & leave, leave & pick" relationships, so I think we can easily bear with how this anime dealt with state of things
Old 2006-02-10, 16:06   Link #27
frodo1701
Anime Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDOS_GRANDE
The first two were very obvious. The last one was not; i knew i had seen that image before but had no idea what movie it was from.

1st is Roman Holiday, 2nd is Breakfast at Tiffany's (of course). Anyone know what movie the 3rd one is from?
Funny face would be my guess as well. I can't think of any other movie, offhand, where Audrey wears an outfit like that. All three are very good movies
frodo1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 17:59   Link #28
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Hmm, no one's put a TL note about that cup cracking. It's supposed to be a sign of bad things to come in old Japanese belief.
Old 2006-02-10, 19:11   Link #29
dacoolman88

yeah i know it is nice!
dacoolman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 21:19   Link #30
wao
OK.

Hm, I watched ep 2.. it's kind of funny at times but I can't say it's anything special, really. For one thing the episodes are too damn short!! Arrgh.
Old 2006-02-10, 22:46   Link #31
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Hm, I watched ep 2.. it's kind of funny at times but I can't say it's anything special, really. For one thing the episodes are too damn short!! Arrgh.
Yeah, i feel they end jsut as they start getting interesting.

Spoiler:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 22:53   Link #32
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 05:31   Link #33
evil-samurai

She is 20... ok I wouldn't of been suprized if they said she was younger ^^

Wow! It was really short not including the opening, it was just over 10 mins, well the show is alright.. I like the main girls VA and Boy they sure got strait into things with the relationship... but I dont really like how they just went into it after her house/apartment got burnt down... :/ but meh.. will see how it turns out, one thing I loved! was the opening song it reallly was Great! and the animation style was fairly nice too .

EDIT//
Oh! and froinlaven Nice! review, and I agree somewhat on Matsumaru.. :/ not really a fan of him, and one thing to add why! just why! cant they make more interesting male character designs arrgh!! At the start his design was kinda good, but it seemed a bit over the place the whole episode (imo) seemed like his face got more fat.. throughout the whole episode ^^;;

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2006-02-14 at 02:51.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 07:58   Link #34
giu_2

Send a message via MSN to giu_2
nice anime
but i didnt like the voice of Matsumaru
giu_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 11:21   Link #35
Furudanuki

The first episode was enjoyable. The two main voices were a bit of a treat for me - there was something about the way they both spoke that made the Japanese words easier for my untrained ear to distinguish than in a lot of the other anime I've seen. So, even if the story doesn't hold my interest, I can still use the downloads to help with my language training.

One Japanese language question: When Aka explains that she is a "voice-actress in training", she uses the phrase "seiyuu no tamago". Is "no tamago" a common idiom for "trainee" or "in training"? I haven't knowingly encountered the phrase before, although it makes sense even when translated literally.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 11:43   Link #36
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
One Japanese language question: When Aka explains that she is a "voice-actress in training", she uses the phrase "seiyuu no tamago". Is "no tamago" a common idiom for "trainee" or "in training"? I haven't knowingly encountered the phrase before, although it makes sense even when translated literally.
I had noticed that myself, and since I got curious I made a little search.
While "tamago" by itself measn "egg", the expression "no tamago" indicates a future (substantive) .. for the subject . I.E. "seiyuu no tamago" will be "a future seiyuu". Alternatively it could be meant as "freshman/beginner", which would be close anyway.
This was what my little search brought to. Maybe a japanese native speaker could go further.

I also wanted to second evil-samurai remark about the OP, I loved it too, really catchy, fresh and enjoyable. This bring other points on the book of this new Voice Actress
Old 2006-02-11, 11:55   Link #37
SlugZilla
woofles

I think "Seiyuu no tamago" means "Seiyuu in the making" in that context. But there is no clear cut definition as it's interpretted in many ways.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 01:13   Link #38
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've added Aka's VA, Sakai Kanako, to the "newcomers" page of Hashihime's Seiyuu Gallery: photo, links and some info.

I've had a chance to look at the first volume and a bit of the manga, and I like it a lot. I can see a couple of divergences from it in episode 2, but that's understandable considering how few short episodes the anime will have. A real shame.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 07:46   Link #39
lavielove

woa *Sakai Kanako* is cute. thanks for the info.Is there any divergenences from the manga ? really ? how ? I just thought the episode 2 is very much less attractive compared to the episode 1.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 09:45   Link #40
prince leon
red knight

I really enjoyed the first episodes I must say. I was a bit surprised at the length when I first started it but realized that I totally forgot about that fact. The interactions between Aka and Matsumaru were wonderful and their voices were great. Looking forward to episode 2. ^^

Tags
romance, seinen