AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-10-23, 00:59   Link #3881
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

The meaning of 英霊 is actually: Spirit of the war dead (taken from here)
Old 2009-10-23, 00:59   Link #3882
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

hahaha thats so awesome, shounen in my Hayate, and its actually very exciting
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 01:54   Link #3883
Wolfnagi

"wake up from sleep"
"not much updated"
"when back to sleep while listening to MJ's Songs (May he rest in peace)

Alright, this pretty much a waste of sapce but hey, MJ's new movie "This Is It" is in theater for only 2 weeks!!!
Gotta go watch it
Old 2009-10-23, 02:15   Link #3884
IndoViking

Wow, Midas-Athena is in full-frontal shounen-baddies mode....finally HnG lived to its subtitle : the combat butler...
Old 2009-10-23, 02:27   Link #3885
Wolfnagi

There one thing that bother me, while Athena and Isumi,Hayate and Sakuya( i don't really think she can fight Athena) fight, what happen to the others??

BTW, did not managed to get a ticket for MJ's "This Is It"

This is also those space wasting post( want to archived to pages 200 quick)

One final thing, i cannot go online in the weekend so see you later on monday (if i lucky to get a wifi, i might login throught my iPod touch)

Last edited by Wolfnagi; 2009-10-23 at 02:45. Reason: Goodbye
Wolfnagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 03:53   Link #3886
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Looking at this.. it's a wonder how Hayate survived against Midas' attack during his childhood...

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 05:19   Link #3887
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
Looking at this.. it's a wonder how Hayate survived against Midas' attack during his childhood...
I don't think Midas King directly attacked Hayate back during the EotW arc, more like he was just taunting and laughing at him in the background.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 05:59   Link #3888
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Thanks for the translation, Koroshiya_Kame_13! It's much appreciated like always. <3

Well, this is pretty much as expected. It was revealed that it's Midas that's possessing her (seems that Isumin' knows a lot more than everyone else).

I guess that there are two most probable outcomes to this situation, if the fight ended with Athena taunting Isumin'.

1. They both go full power, 1 of them is weaker. If it's Midas, then he might get help from Machi, or just lose and end the whole battle there. If it's Isumin', she'll get help from Hayate (he's probably going to try and bring some sense into Athena to "wake her up", perhaps with a few dear words?) - This might last for more than 1 chapter.

2. The battle isn't concluded, and 1 of the sides retreats.

If it's concluded:

Athena's victory: *Nobody dies - there might be injured*, Gem is taken from Hayate, Nagi learns of Isumi's secret, because Hayate brings her back injured. He might feel worse than before for allowing something to happen to Isumi, and not being able to do anything himself. He might try leaving them, feeling worthless (and is then brought back to his senses by someone), or he might swear to resolve things! - It continues in Japan - Possibly in the RG.

[Hayate could be the one that gets injured in this scenario, by protecting Isumi, and not the other way around]

Isumi's victory: Midas finds a new host? (improbable), He (more like it...) flees, but not before taking the gem. He's exorcised? (very unlikely). He's deterred back into Athena, thus enabling Hayate to talk with her (for real this time). Athena & Machi join the party of brave adventurers (Hayate, Isumi, Nagi, Hina, & Co.), because it's safer to be with more people, and to keep guard on Athena (doubt she would do this - at least not willingly). It would, however cause many awesome misunderstandings. Especially loads of jealousy. / They talk about why she (Midas too) needs the gem, and if it's gonna help if he gives it to her, but with the only condition that he accompanies her to the RG (yeh, Nagi gonna q_q).

For now, that's all I can come up with. Feel free to add your own theory.
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 08:53   Link #3889
Himegami Akane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
Ok I posted this before but I'll do it again so people don't miss it. The translation is complete btw, but I might have to review it later if there are any mistakes.

Spoiler for Chapter 246 Spoilers:
WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I CAN START LIVING AGAIN!!!!!!!!! MY PRAY WAS A SUCESS!!!!!
(And besides, after RAW i can start die again?Oo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah
1. They both go full power, 1 of them is weaker. If it's Midas, then he might get help from Machi, or just lose and end the whole battle there. If it's Isumin', she'll get help from Hayate (he's probably going to try and bring some sense into Athena to "wake her up", perhaps with a few dear words?) - This might last for more than 1 chapter.

2. The battle isn't concluded, and 1 of the sides retreats.
1- Machi is still having a epic fight with the 100 hamburgers...so i guess he won't come already...also Midas is driving me insane...just what the hell he wants on the RG?(yea, i know it's the castle but...more than it...)

I also don't think Hayate will try to "wake her" with a few dear words...since he's an idiot and didn't said anything good until now...

2- Which side? Midas getting supressed by Athena or Isumi/Sakuya/Hayate?? I also think if it's Isumi whom is retreating, Midas just won't let them go that easy...
And if it's Midas (supressed by Athena), then probably Isumi and Sakuya just stay there interfering on Hayate's conversation with her...
Himegami Akane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 09:16   Link #3890
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Isumi's victory: Midas finds a new host? (improbable), He (more like it...) flees, but not before taking the gem. He's exorcised? (very unlikely). He's deterred back into Athena, thus enabling Hayate to talk with her (for real this time). Athena & Machi join the party of brave adventurers (Hayate, Isumi, Nagi, Hina, & Co.), because it's safer to be with more people, and to keep guard on Athena (doubt she would do this - at least not willingly). It would, however cause many awesome misunderstandings. Especially loads of jealousy. / They talk about why she (Midas too) needs the gem, and if it's gonna help if he gives it to her, but with the only condition that he accompanies her to the RG (yeh, Nagi gonna q_q).
I'll probably keep my Hayate possesion theory and add the part where Athena nd the gang work together to save Hayate and to resolve whatever conflict there was with the spirit.
Old 2009-10-23, 09:22   Link #3891
Himegami Akane

Midas possessing Hayate?? Why on the hell he will want to do so???

I don't think he wants to possess someone so idiot like Hayate...

But if he do so then it will be probably just for kill him from inside...

Yea, and will cause lots of Jealousy (like Nagi,Ayumu,Izumi,Hina) and lots of misunderstanding (no one escape from Hayate's misunderstanding ability).
Himegami Akane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 10:50   Link #3892
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Idiocy and the ability to cause misunderstands are irrelevant if Midas possesses Hayate since Midas has a mind of his own; he won't be using Hayate's.

Although I don't see Midas actually possessing anyone else, I think the chance for him to possess Hayate is higher than the other girls if it actually does happen. May be Hayate willing let Midas possesses his body so Midas can finally able to fully control a body instead of hiding inside Athena which he can only comes out during emotional distress.

Anyway...
Isumi most likely will not win (especially this early), and Hayate will be the person who'll correct the problem/calm Athena down/save her after receiving some knowledge about Midas from Isumi (bounds to happen sooner or later ).
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 11:10   Link #3893
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
I don't think Midas King directly attacked Hayate back during the EotW arc, more like he was just taunting and laughing at him in the background.
Well, he did say that Hayate is the butler that he failed to kill back then. So..in a way...;_;

I think this arc will end in happy..ending ? The scene when Nagi said that she wants Hayate to have a wonderful memory on this trip make me think that Athena's problem will be resolved in this arc.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 11:43   Link #3894
zodanhko
*ignoring*

If Athena wanted to enter the RG in order to remove Midas, then her problems won't resolve during this arc.

Is it me, or is this arc seems like a continuation of the love story between Athena and Hayate after 10 years?
Old 2009-10-23, 11:49   Link #3895
Used Can

So, Kyūbi-Naruto Athena vs. Sasuke Isumi?

Isumi: Atheeeeeenaaaaaaaa
Athena: Isuuumiiiiiiiiii
Hayate: Hmm... excuse me, but wasn't I the main character?
Sakuya: >implying anyone cares
Old 2009-10-23, 12:19   Link #3896
zodanhko
*ignoring*

NOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Not Naruto!!!!!

Don't ruin my image of Athena and Isumi!!!
Old 2009-10-23, 12:24   Link #3897
Used Can

Anyway, being serious now, I don't see how Hayate would be able to deal with Midas, unless he receives a sudden power-up. Otherwise, I think we'll have to leave things in Isumi's hands.
Old 2009-10-23, 12:27   Link #3898
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftsaufi View Post
The meaning of 英霊 is actually: Spirit of the war dead (taken from here)
this is a very straight forward translation, how in the world did they mess that up?

雄 = Hero
霊 = Spirit
英霊 = Heroic Spirit
Old 2009-10-23, 12:51   Link #3899
zodanhko
*ignoring*

I don't think Hayate will(has to) deal with Midas directly through strength but indirect through Athena using emotional means.

For instance: "I LOVE YOU." or something alike .
Old 2009-10-23, 13:02   Link #3900
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

That's what I said. To wake her up with a few "dear words"...

Well, whatever.. nothing interesting to discuss.

...Bai~
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen