AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-09-11, 03:27   Link #421
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That's way different. Reminds me of the differences between the feeling of the different Rewrite OPs (first one was, "Oh this is a typical KEY game", second one was "What the hell is going on!")
Old 2012-09-11, 03:28   Link #422
Misdreavius

After watching that PV, I think Rikka is already set to be THE cutest moeblob I have ever seen.
Misdreavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 04:48   Link #423
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
New PV, done in a normal style, has what is probably the OP song.

There we go!!

My earlier notion of JC Staff switching with KyoAni just played with me or did it?

Earlier parts of the song seemed like the OP of ZnT.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 05:46   Link #424
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Gonna be blunt. This PV looks awful. It's the type of slice of life/comedy show I don't like. Derpy moe (character designs are just god awful to me) with high pitched anime girl voice singing. Ugh. No thnx. Combine that with what it appears to be wtf nichijou humour makes it even worse. I thought you were recovering with Hyouka Kyoani! What's going on!

Yep JC and Kyoani switching places this season.

Good thing I'm not having high hopes on either. Particularly a season where From the New World, Psycho-pass, Magi and K are in the same season. Will still watch cause its Kyoani and it's likely going to have good visuals. Though K is gonna give it a run for its money.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 06:14   Link #425
liemtodaisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Gonna be blunt. This PV looks awful. It's the type of slice of life/comedy show I don't like. Derpy moe (character designs are just god awful to me) with high pitched anime girl voice singing. Ugh. No thnx. Combine that with what it appears to be wtf nichijou humour makes it even worse. I thought you were recovering with Hyouka Kyoani! What's going on!

Good thing I'm not having high hopes on either. Particularly a season where From the New World, Psycho-pass, Magi and K are in the same season. Will still watch cause its Kyoani and it's likely going to have good visuals. Though K is gonna give it a run for its money.
Did you think this was an action or drama anime, boy?
liemtodaisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 06:52   Link #426
ZriviziMochi

Quote:

I think it looks good. The character design are great and the singing sounds fine. I don't think the comedy will be like nichijou kind of comedy which is Hnggg....But Hyouka do looks better
Maybe, the elements of the PV touch you in the wrong spot and you may have a wrong first impression for the show, which is not the case for me. I can see from the first PV, that the show will be like this PV showed us... Just hope that It will be interesting and fun at least

Last edited by ZriviziMochi; 2012-09-11 at 06:56. Reason: adding content
ZriviziMochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 07:12   Link #427
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Ishihara: I think after seeing the first episode, people will say "What the?! This is just an ordinary romantic comedy!" (laughs).
He called it.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 07:20   Link #428
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

I'm reading the thread over on ANN where people are saying that their expectations for this show has dropped significantly after seeing this new PV...and I seriously can't stop laughing. Only in Kyoani series do you get this kind of fun.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 08:59   Link #429
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
He called it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
I'm reading the thread over on ANN where people are saying that their expectations for this show has dropped significantly after seeing this new PV...and I seriously can't stop laughing. Only in Kyoani series do you get this kind of fun.
Hahaha, who didn't see this coming?

I liked the PV. Not too big on the song, but otherwise it did a good job of showing me how normal scenes are going to look. Big contrast from the first PV.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 09:15   Link #430
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
He called it.
Success?

I'm more or less at the same level of interest I had in the show since the beginning and understanding what it was about. So I can see myself enjoying this pretty normally, with the biggest draws being the humor + eyecandy. I don't think It'll be anything amazing from what I've seen thus far, but I'll be happy if it turns out great.
Old 2012-09-11, 09:19   Link #431
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Well, the PVs interesting... I hope the whole series does....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 09:29   Link #432
brocko

Can't say I was ever really excited for this to begin with, and even now with all the previews and hype promotions going on, I still can't say I feel any different than before.

The series looks like it's gonna be bustling with activity though. They all just look so hyper lol

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 09:31   Link #433
Midonin
Last Engage

Nichijou humor sounds like a compliment from here.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 10:21   Link #434
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Color me surprised by some people reactions after this PV: it is as if the premise was absolutely ignored and took the first PV at face value, despite everything indicates it won't be an action anime, even moreso with the damn title.

That being said, if the series can have a good balance between characters everyday/development/chuuni sequences, I will be satisfied. heck, Hyouka had an even less "exciting" premise and managed to have very strong momentum and charactrs development and interactions, so Chuuni has a good chance to shine with few aspects (unlike Munto and Nichijou being rather one dimensional in their approach).
Old 2012-09-11, 10:33   Link #435
liemtodaisu

Hyouka only got more interesting until ep 15, first 14 ep really made me nearly fall asleep although I really dig the animation and the characters.
liemtodaisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 11:29   Link #436
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Color me surprised by some people reactions after this PV: it is as if the premise was absolutely ignored and took the first PV at face value, despite everything indicates it won't be an action anime, even moreso with the damn title.

That being said, if the series can have a good balance between characters everyday/development/chuuni sequences, I will be satisfied. heck, Hyouka had an even less "exciting" premise and managed to have very strong momentum and charactrs development and interactions, so Chuuni has a good chance to shine with few aspects (unlike Munto and Nichijou being rather one dimensional in their approach).
Yeah, this isn't anything different than what I expected based on the source material - the first PV was obviously a lark for the most part.

What strikes me, though, it that it sounds as if the characters - certainly the MC - were more interesting in middle school than they will be when the series is set.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 11:59   Link #437
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Success?
Nope, unhappy people.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 14:03   Link #438
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Nope, unhappy people.
If so, it's their own damn fault.
Old 2012-09-11, 15:26   Link #439
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
New PV, done in a normal style, has what is probably the OP song.

I'm very pleased to see that there's plenty of Nichijou DNA in the animation of the PV. That was something that Nichijou did very well at least.

note: I liked Nichijou but it did have a very slow start and it really isn't for everyone.
Old 2012-09-11, 16:15   Link #440
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
What strikes me, though, it that it sounds as if the characters - certainly the MC - were more interesting in middle school than they will be when the series is set.
Growing up tends to do that to you lol

I think I'm more neutral over this series than anything. Not exactly put-off by it and yet not excited over it either.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen