Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-15, 21:54   Link #561
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
They should have gone all the way with it and made Hozuki her own great-great-great-etc...grandma. That would have been a good mind-bender at least.
10 bucks says she goes back. Someone has to help him start her ancestry, and he seems to be rather a lone at the moment.
Cloudedmind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 11:31   Link #562
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 11 (End):
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 16:28   Link #563
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This ending was so bad. There are no words.

That was a pretty bad show overall. 4/10, with one extra point because Hocchibi was super cute. I hope Umetsu's show next season will be better.
Old 2013-12-19, 16:57   Link #564
fukarming

So we can skip everything from ep 2 - 10 and will still get the same conclusion at ep 11?

Spoiler for spoiler:
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 17:42   Link #565
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
That was pathetic. One of the worst last episodes of anime. Nothing was solved, nothing was gained, just a lot of time wasted. The OP and ED were good. Hozuki is an adorable little girl. Those are the only good point about this anime.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 21:26   Link #566
Top Sergeant

There were some very good characters and some really interesting story arcs but this last episode just seemed so rushed it makes the entire series crash and burn.
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 22:57   Link #567
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

A very nice ending the whole defending them selfs at the end seems right for this

8/10 Hozuki is just so cute and needs anther season
Old 2013-12-20, 00:12   Link #568
molitar

Well I was thinking the lawyer was going to end up being there father but it ended up being the pirate! Now that I was not expecting. Was not for her father coming in when he did it would have been over they had the courts in there hands to the point that the evidence was being ignored to try the sisters.

And just like Hozuki she still doesn't explain that she went into the past.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 00:25   Link #569
kimpleng
Lurker

Thank you GD. Thank you Umetsu. The bigest achievment of this anime is make other title looks better.

Umetsu goes into my blacklist. Whenever I see his name as director, I'll not watching it.
kimpleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 01:34   Link #570
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
A very cheesy and somewhat Disney-esque ending for a very cheesy and often Disney-esque show. It's fitting, in that way. And taking this episode by itself, I found it a bit amusing in its odd mix of sincerity with absurdity.

I think Galilei Donna's big mistake, in retrospect, was having a couple pretty dark episodes during the middle portions. That darker tone clashed a bit with the more lighthearted and zany cheesiness of the show, but perhaps more importantly, I think it changed viewer expectations in a way that hurt this show, as those new expectations were not something the show could meet.

Two scenes in particular feel a bit out of place in retrospect - Having Hozuki befriend a boy who would get killed later on in the same episode, and the scene where Roberto shot dead a bunch of civilians because their behavior annoyed him. Remove those two scenes from the equation, and the overall narrative feels a bit more consistent in tone.

Roberto, in general, feels out of place for this show. A very dark and serious character who appropriately enough is left with nothing much to do in an ending this cartoonish. He shot his adopted father... to punish him for failure? To spare him a life in prison? It felt like the Robero shoots his father scene was added on just to give Roberto something to do in this finale.

But oh well. At least Hozuki gets her happy ending. That alone puts a smile on my face.
Old 2013-12-20, 11:09   Link #571
erdii

so what was Galileo Tesoro ? did we see it ? I expected cicinho appear but it was good entrance. for a moment I thought he would take Hazuki as compensation the boy who Kazuki likes didn't get to say something. why was he in the story ? well this series wasn't that good but at same time it wasn't that bad.
Old 2013-12-20, 23:28   Link #572
FateAnomaly

Anti-climatic. Everything ended so uneventfully. The sisters' mother deception is kinda expected too. What I didn't expect it that their father weirdly isn't imprisoned by Adni Moon.

I am not sure what the Galileo Tesoro is either. A nuclear powered goldfish? Or might the real treasure be instead the time travelling device.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 05:50   Link #573
Pathfinder4k

Beginning

As others stated in this forum, there is a lot more negative than positive about this series. The beginning episode had a lot of promise. Interesting characters and good setup for a series; however, things didn't go as plan and the ending Matlock scene was not very well written as others have stated "rushed" to a conclusion. I believe toning down the whining sister at the beginning and focusing the story on the pirates vs the corporation could have been a better story line; sadly, that isn't the case for this series. ANN rating would be weak.
Pathfinder4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 09:31   Link #574
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Saw this on my feeds today. An interesting bit of trivia about this show is out today in the form of commentary from the show's director (revealed in the noitaminA radio show):

Spoiler for Revealed in director interview:
I always find these sorts of "behind the scenes" bits of trivia interesting, as it often helps explain how things came to be and the various pressures/challenges that come with these sorts of projects.
Old 2013-12-22, 09:48   Link #575
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07

Why, Aniplex?! Did they have like no confidence in the series?
Old 2013-12-22, 11:08   Link #576
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder4k View Post
As others stated in this forum, there is a lot more negative than positive about this series. The beginning episode had a lot of promise. Interesting characters and good setup for a series; however, things didn't go as plan and the ending Matlock scene was not very well written as others have stated "rushed" to a conclusion. I believe toning down the whining sister at the beginning and focusing the story on the pirates vs the corporation could have been a better story line; sadly, that isn't the case for this series. ANN rating would be weak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Saw this on my feeds today. An interesting bit of trivia about this show is out today in the form of commentary from the show's director (revealed in the noitaminA radio show):

I always find these sorts of "behind the scenes" bits of trivia interesting, as it often helps explain how things came to be and the various pressures/challenges that come with these sorts of projects.
I really feel bad for those comments, I would have liked the show a lot more than I got if they plan to develop on the treasure adventure part for more than 11 episodes (even someone who could do a long fanfiction emphasizing on that would be more satisfying) and I also feel like Umetsu care more about working on Wizard Barristers than this.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 11:17   Link #577
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post

That explains a lot, if you have to cut out that much of your story then of course you're going to wind up with something rushed and incoherent. The show did have promise, but with this information it looks like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 11:26   Link #578
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That explains why the ending was so rushed. Freaking Aniplex.
Old 2013-12-22, 12:48   Link #579
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I think Galilei Donna's big mistake, in retrospect, was having a couple pretty dark episodes during the middle portions. That darker tone clashed a bit with the more lighthearted and zany cheesiness of the show, but perhaps more importantly, I think it changed viewer expectations in a way that hurt this show, as those new expectations were not something the show could meet.

Two scenes in particular feel a bit out of place in retrospect - Having Hozuki befriend a boy who would get killed later on in the same episode, and the scene where Roberto shot dead a bunch of civilians because their behavior annoyed him. Remove those two scenes from the equation, and the overall narrative feels a bit more consistent in tone.
I have to agree completely with you there. When the story started, it felt like a rollicking adventure series with strong family ties, slightly goofy characters (Hazuki with all her mannerisms, the mother with her Galileo obsession, the hippie-dropout-engineer father, the air pirates generally) and it did those things really well, mixing action, humor, and heartwarming bits. Then it shot the mother and blew up the father at the end of episode 2 for a shock moment, then devoted way too much time to Kazuki's whining, then went for very canned and generic "dark" moments, which not only created a shocking swerve in tone, but were done very badly--the kid in Episode 5 basically was walking around with a "I'm going to die at the end of the episode to yank on your heartstrings!" logo on the back of his jacket from the moment he appeared, while Roberto's killing of the civilians seemed much more like a cheesy "Yes, he's an evil villain!" moment rather than trying to define the struggles of society and the down side of humanity in a crisis.

(That's when I dropped the series, by the way; I was only in this thread today to see how it ended out of curiosity... They'd taken everything I enjoyed out of the really good first episodes and replaced it with not only something different, but something badly done in that different vein. The tone shift could have been done well, but instead it was done horribly--and now, I note that it wasn't even permanent, with it backtracking to goofiness, which after the dark parts just seems more out of place!)
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 13:53   Link #580
Seiryuu

OK, I for one liked the series, though I thought it strange that the opening and closing had Hozuki mostly wearing an adorable outfit that we never get to see in the main show. It definitely could have been bigger and better, but it's not such a terrible waste; if anything, my only big complaint for now is that there was never anything bigger than that one device to be found; there should have been something bigger at the end of the rainbow, rather than the wonder they enjoyed early on being it.

One thing interesting though is the temporal paradox developed. And I'm not talking about the paradox I'm glad we didn't see but some apparently wanted, Hozuki being her own great----grandma. I'm talking about the blueprints. Her insights and ideas based on her own craft had a lot to do with the development of those blueprints, which were the ultimate source of her craft. The blueprints were completed with information that came from the future completed blueprints. Thus, this information has no real source.
For that matter, the same could be said of the Tesoro. It seems he developed the invention using his observations of the weird phenomena in his village, but that phenomena was triggered by the future activation of that invention. The only reason he was able to invent it was because he invented it. In both cases, we have a clear bootstrap.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, sci-fi, unintentional comedy