Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-02, 15:48   Link #1101
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
One things for sure though: Nae grew up to be pretty badass. I'm guessing that R;N is in a timeline where she joined SERN as well but didn't go on a revenge spree hum?
I'm pretty sure R;N is in the SG world line, she never joined SERN because her dad never died.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 16:22   Link #1102
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
I'm pretty sure R;N is in the SG world line, she never joined SERN because her dad never died.
You're right, I just went and check the divergence numbers

Spoiler for steins;gate key plot point:
Old 2013-03-03, 13:53   Link #1103
MartianMage

The whole Kimijima report thing felt kinda contrived... if he really wanted to spread it as propaganda then what's the point of all those ridiculous requirements to get them?
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 16:59   Link #1104
codeRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
The whole Kimijima report thing felt kinda contrived... if he really wanted to spread it as propaganda then what's the point of all those ridiculous requirements to get them?
The requirements may seem daunting at first glance but they are actually trivial to achieve. Remember Kai found out later that you dont have to play fairly and can actually cheat just as long as you set off the flag.
codeRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 10:18   Link #1105
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeRED View Post
The requirements may seem daunting at first glance but they are actually trivial to achieve. Remember Kai found out later that you dont have to play fairly and can actually cheat just as long as you set off the flag.
Irregardless of the difficulty of the tasks, it doesn't make sense to set them up in the first place. Couldn't Kimijima, you know, just spread the reports on the net whenever he wanted?
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 12:16   Link #1106
kakakka

That organization was already putting up the propaganda. The reports are just there to supplement what was being fed to the people.

Also, the requirements are also there to further fuel the curiosity to a conspiracy theory.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 15:01   Link #1107
Algent

Spoiler for R;N 20/22:
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 16:21   Link #1108
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 20:
Old 2013-03-07, 22:46   Link #1109
kakakka

That whole revelation and Aki's speech both sent goosebumps to my skin. I guess, looking forward to next week.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 00:23   Link #1110
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I'm actually a bit disappointed after this episode. He's controlling Misaki through guilt? Really? Good to see that while she allows guilt to push her to kill 5 billion people, she can find some solace in playing Kill Ballad (and geeze, despite feeling all that angst over Kai, she still beats the snot out of him at video games).

Everything begins to make sense after this episode (well, within the framework of the show that is; the giant robot aspect is so contrived, but I can overlook that).

The only real questions at this point are:

1) Why does KK want to kill 5 billion people? I'm hoping he has a somewhat rational-if misguided-reason that is revealed eventually, and that this isn't just a case of senseless megalomania.

2) Is Frau's mother still alive?
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2013-03-08 at 00:56.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 01:13   Link #1111
Kansokusha
Skyclad Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
The only real questions at this point are:

1) Why does KK want to kill 5 billion people? I'm hoping he has a somewhat rational-if misguided-reason that is revealed eventually, and that this isn't just a case of senseless megalomania.

2) Is Frau's mother still alive?
1. The Committee of 300. His reasoning for helping them out is wicked tho.

2. Probably dead.
Kansokusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 07:48   Link #1112
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algent View Post
Spoiler for R;N 20/22:
Spoiler for Response:

Why a pile driver? Why not rocket punch with a chain attached to retract it? At least that way, you can fire at a safe distance.
Old 2013-03-08, 09:04   Link #1113
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Why a pile driver? Why not rocket punch with a chain attached to retract it? At least that way, you can fire at a safe distance.
It's the COOL FACTOR, dude!

Anyway, I think he's just a big fan of Kyosuke Nanbu's Alteisen .
Old 2013-03-08, 09:28   Link #1114
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

However, I am sure GunPro-1 is slower than the enemy robot. How is it going to get close to it to use the pile driver without being destroyed first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It's the COOL FACTOR, dude!

Anyway, I think he's just a big fan of Kyosuke Nanbu's Alteisen .
I prefer GaoGaiGar for me. GOLDION HAMMER!

On second thought, why not a drill instead? A very big drill. That's even better.
Old 2013-03-08, 09:55   Link #1115
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Soon Kyooma will appear...
And thwart Sern's plans yet again.

As for Airi shooting a gun:
Not knowing what recoil is seemingly enables one to ignore it lol.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 11:39   Link #1116
Gohan78
Awakened One

They said that Kimijima was killed at the same time as the SS Anemone incident but I never considered the hypothesis that Kimijima was killed ON the boat. How the heck did Misaki know what Kimijima was doing on the Anemone?

Kimijima himself disappointed me. He looks like a typical Bond villain who lets his enemies talk and talk in front of him, waiting to pull the trigger until his plans are thwarted (by a damn parrot!!)
And why did he point the gun at Airi in the first place?

The reason for Misaki's betrayal was also weak. Brainwashed for killing a mass murderer? Really? I don't like the direction the story had taken in the last few episodes...
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 12:26   Link #1117
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

The straw that broke the camel's back.

Really, until now I have enjoyed the show more or less. I've found many of the characters endearing to watch. I thought the tension in the plot wounded up really nicely, and last episode was very good. Sure, the narratives felt a little bit disconnected, but overall the themes of Robotic;Notes were still able to resonate with me.

But this... I don't know even know what to say. This episode was a mess, and I am not sure it can recover in time for the last two episodes.

The whole story about Misa and Kimmijima Kou was absolutely preposterous. How the hell did she discover his activities on the anemone?

Her guilt about killing him afterwards was seriously so debilitating that she'd kill 5 billion people over it?

Airi was getting mind controlled by what exactly?

That speech about robots earlier by Aki was also such a tension breaker. There's no tensity in the plot right now. I don't know. Count me very disappointed with the developments of the latest episode.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 12:46   Link #1118
Midonin
Last Engage

R;N 20 - Until the Darkness of this World Burns Away, I'll Sacrifice Myself For Love

Such an inspiring episode. Aki's speech exemplifies everything I love about her character. She's learned well from Gunvarrel. The second half of the episode where everyone gathered at school and pledged their support also hit the right emotional cadence I'd been looking for. Compared to C;H and S;G, R;N has always been about a club, a group of people, so making it that the finale isn't about them going it alone fits with the themes the series has established since the beginning. This also suggests that the one who killed Mizuka was Kimijima, as it was with everything else in this series - so her thanks to Misaki was genuine thanks. No sarcasm, no malice, no coded words. Just a final farewell for a friend. I'd been wondering if Subaru and Jun would have anything to do at the end - their roles have been rather reduced compared to Frau and Aki, and they're not as heavily tied to the plot as Airi has been - but even side characters get their moment to shine. Even if they're a parrot. Though GunBuild may function like a real robot, it's infused with the spirit of a super robot, and I believe it can ride the wave of that spirit towards the very end of the show. Looking forward to the finale.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 14:24   Link #1119
ookamigirl

No way! Misaki killed Kimijima.
She payed her price for that.
That guy really is a piece of work.
I felt sorry for Airi for being Kimijima's puppet of choice.
Aki was kinda cute all fired up to surpass her sister even now.
Kona's reaction to real Airi was totally otaku ^^
The principal changed her tune about the club, about time too.
Looks like more help arrived as well.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 14:32   Link #1120
tsunade666

Episode 20 was a nice episode. Aki's speech was also pretty pure in thoughts and beliefs even if it sounded naive (you don't talk the talk without thinking of the way to win that situation) The explanation provided put everything in place but as they start building the robot I felt that it would be impossible if they are alone (specially the scene where they are discussing about it in the room and where 5 billion people are in danger) it just felt stupid when they aren't asking for help because they aren't the ones involve in it and its a good thing when the people of Tanegashima come to help. It felt true to the story and it also makes you feel rewarded but the biggest drawback probably is Misaki. I don't feel anything for her. A mixture of feelings but mostly I don't understand what to make of her character. The suicide and her freeing her father and freeing Centipede Sister. It didn't felt right or justified or maybe because the revelation even if it felt right in place didn't give me a reason to like or understand her more. It just felt lacking in development for me to understand her suffering. Sure it looks sad and you can feel pity on what she'd been through but it felt empty for me.

Tags
science fiction