Quote:
Originally Posted by krait
hmm
I think
its a character from Mutsu Enmei Ryuu Gaiden: Shura no Toki

not sure though
check if im right
You are right.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 20:57   Link #383
Mb81

Hi,

gotta question.

http://kof00.free.fr/jump53/cover.png
http://kof00.free.fr/jump53/index.png
http://kof00.free.fr/jump53/final2.png

What is the name of that series and is it a new jump series or just an oneshot ? Thanks alot.
Mb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 00:51   Link #384
hooliganj
Team Player

ムヒョとロージーの魔法律相談事務所
"Muhyo to Roujii no Mahouritsu Soudan Jimusho"
lit: Muhyo and Roujii's Magical Law Consultation Office

My paralegal roommate looking over my shoulder has suggested Muhyo and Roujii - Magical Attorneys at Law, which really does sound better.

The cover says 新連載 (Shin Rensai), which means "new serialization", so I guess that means this one is going to be around for a bit.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 09:23   Link #385
DarKHearT

anyone know from which anime this is?:
DarKHearT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 13:23   Link #386
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
HA thats easy.That's Lily. And she's from the first Fatal Fury movie.
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 14:52   Link #387
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb81
Here is another picture. Help is reallllllly needed. Thanks alot.

http://www.animemanga.de/Aufnahme3.png
None of the pictures have a shorter form of the title in them. Just lots of little teaser notes about the story. I suppose "Muhyo to Roujii" might work, or maybe the syllable shortening will be "Muhyo Mahou" or "Mahou Jimu".

The Japanese sites I found for it didn't have anything yet, so I think we'll have to wait for a couple of issues to come out before a nickname emerges.
Old 2004-11-28, 14:56   Link #388
-AR-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb81
Here is another picture. Help is reallllllly needed. Thanks alot.

http://www.animemanga.de/Aufnahme3.png
The title hooliganj gave is correct. ロージー could also be spelled Rosy or Rosie instead of Roujii. There's no short form or anything else.
-AR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 18:09   Link #389
Draven

trying to identify an old film

good evening peeps

i sometimes lurk around here waiting for initial d releases and this is to be my first post, yay

anyhow, i am trying to identify an old early anime film, or at least i think it was anime

unfortunately i probably last saw this film in about 1987, and cannot remember much about it

the film is about a girl who, funnily enough, is fighting for something, towards the end of the film she gets killed by the baddie and this is about the most i remember of it, she then gets re-born in a big flower with bright lights and wavey arms going on

there was quite probably some form of showdown after that but again i dont remember clearly

been scouring the net, can find tonnes of info on old series but naff all on films

does anyone recall this film? any further clues that might help identify it?
i must have watched it a hundred times when i was little, but it was either rented or on betamax (or both) as i watched it at my grandparents (and i cant really ask them as one has slipped his mortal coil and the other is nutty as a fruit cake, bless her)

any help appreciated

ta

Pete/Draven

(usually to be found on the SXOC)

*edit* oops sorry didnt spot the stickie, my bad

Last edited by Draven; 2004-12-01 at 03:31.
Draven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 17:55   Link #390
DarKHearT

hi, i have another unsolved picture:

http://img63.exs.cx/img63/4883/12476.jpg

from which anime this girl came from?
:P
Thanks.
DarKHearT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 18:08   Link #391
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKHearT
hi, i have another unsolved picture:

http://img63.exs.cx/img63/4883/12476.jpg

from which anime this girl came from?
:P
Thanks.
Ruriko from Gate Keepers

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-12-01, 20:23   Link #392
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil
Then there's a general sci-fi anime where the main characters consist of 3 guys (each with his own spaceship and their own quirks - one ordinary guy of average build, one tall slim guy who's a loner type, and one big fat guy who's comical), and a girl (who I think is a princess of a sort, and living in a large spaceship/carrier where the other 3 ships hold station). One thing I know very well is that one of the 3 guys (the loner type) uses something like a calculator for many things, including battle tactics and analysis of the enemy, as well as summoning his own spaceship, while the big guy has something like a dial on the chest part of his armor, and uses that to summon his ship (looks really silly like using the old rotary-dial telephone).
I just found out about that one - StarZinger (rebadged Spaceketeers when it was licensed to the US).
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 14:32   Link #393
Clabook

Exclamation looking hard

there's this great anime , I've seen it a long time ago , 10 years, maybe less , maybe more , I can`t really remember , I was really young
anyway..it was about this chick , she had a spaceship , can't really remember anything else , except for her dying , or nearly dying , at the end
the thing was translated (if there are any romanian users around , the title was "Pasarea de foc spatiala" I'm preety sure you remember that if you've seen it
anyway.. the title rougly translates to "Space Fire Bird" don't blame me , I couldn`t find any suitable translation of the romanian title
if anybody knows the original title , I would be greatful if you could send me an email at clabook@yahoo.com

sorry I couldn't provide more details about this
thanks
Clabook
Clabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 21:28   Link #394
hooliganj
Team Player

I'd heard that a couple of the chapter from the Phoenix manga got animated several years ago, before the recent TV series, and there is a chapter called 'Space' that has a plot similar to what you describe, although there was a lot more to it. Somebody who's seen it would have to verify.

edit: A few seconds of searching turned up three Phoenix movies - Chapter of Dawn, Chapter of Karma, and Phoenix 2772: Space Firebird, which also seems to go by the english title Phoenix 2772: Cosmo Song of Love. There's not a lot of info about it, but it was written and directed by the manga's author, Osamu Tezuka.

Last edited by hooliganj; 2004-12-02 at 21:36. Reason: Found the Title
Old 2004-12-03, 00:46   Link #395
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I need help identifying a anime I saw a while back. I only saw a few fansubbed epsiodes of it and all I can remember is it had something to do with gods son being sent down to Earth and attending some highschool there. Thanks.

Edit: Kinda vintage, maybe 1995-97, Genre (s) : fighting, school, fanstasy?
Old 2004-12-03, 03:54   Link #396
Kalevi

Question Don't know if this anime is even real..

A friend of mine told me of an anime with 3 main characters named X Y and Z. I think they were only released in movies, but im not for sure if they even exist..but i was told they were released in movies. Also, I THINK the name was somewhere around executioners or something of that sort, please help!
Kalevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 03:58   Link #397
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalevi
A friend of mine told me of an anime with 3 main characters named X Y and Z. I think they were only released in movies, but im not for sure if they even exist..but i was told they were released in movies. Also, I THINK the name was somewhere around executioners or something of that sort, please help!
If X, Y and Z was a mistake and you actually meant characters named A, B and C... then I think I know what you might mean.

Project A-ko

There were several A-ko movies and OVAs. The names of the main characters were A-ko, B-ko and C-ko which roughly means "Child A," "Child B" and "Child C."

Old 2004-12-03, 04:05   Link #398
Kalevi

im pretty sure it was x, y, and z. Just for the sheer fact that i remember my friend telling me that they each positioned their cigarettes in the shape of their name...other than that..i have no idea
Kalevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 11:49   Link #399
zhi

can you tell me the name of this aime??

zhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 12:44   Link #400
mansour

I'm looking for this series, and i can't really find the right name for it, i know the name in arabic but not in english.

The name in arabic (translated) = "half of a hero 1/2" exactly that.

The story is mostly about Baseball. It's this kid that loves to play baseball, he has all these different throws, like the rainbow one and many more. During the series he plays against many opponents, like the very fat guy, and the pretty girl he starts to like, and also this other dude that he couldn't defeat for a while. He lives with his sister and his mother. His father is dead.

Any help will be appreciated
mansour is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel