AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2009-03-12, 14:14   Link #341
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb075 View Post
Interview chapter 2
http://www.valkyria-anime.com/specia...iew/01-02.html

Spoiler for an outline:

I taked heart in the fact that it seems not to be only triangle love at least.
Okay, I'm good with that news, even the last one. The second to last one about Faldio's squad makes perfect sense, too.

Come on! Put Freesia in the anime!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 02:39   Link #342
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Aika better be there. =D

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 07:28   Link #343
Chrono Helix

I have a feeling that this series will get a subforum.
Chrono Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 08:06   Link #344
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Aika better be there. =D
I'm kinda nervous as to how they'll handle our friends from Arcadia. I loved that game and ended up using Aika and Vyse all the time... not to mention that you have to be perfect to never see Fina (or Mina or...). But they're references to another continuity... will they keep them around?
Old 2009-03-13, 09:53   Link #345
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Needs moar Sadistic Jane.

And Marina.

An Elysse is fine too.
Old 2009-03-13, 13:40   Link #346
Chrono Helix

This is really driving me crazy: http://plusd.itmedia.co.jp/games/art...3/news015.html
This was during TGS2007. If anyone somehow manages to find a vid of this (nico or youtube or anything) please post it!
Chrono Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 14:01   Link #347
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Needs moar Sadistic Jane.

And Marina.

An Elysse is fine too.
If this anime is going to focus on romance, to an extent, I'm sure she'll be included.

Old 2009-03-13, 17:21   Link #348
kanon78
Confederate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono Helix View Post
I have a feeling that this series will get a subforum.
It looks to be the best anime of this spring, so it deserves one
kanon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 17:36   Link #349
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanon78 View Post
It looks to be the best anime of this spring, so it deserves one
Well, don't be so sure. I mean, the new FMA anime is coming out in April as well once Gundam00 ends, so Valkyria is gonna have STEEP competition.

But you can count on me watching every Valkyria Chronicles episode.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 19:02   Link #350
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Well, don't be so sure. I mean, the new FMA anime is coming out in April as well once Gundam00 ends, so Valkyria is gonna have STEEP competition.

But you can count on me watching every Valkyria Chronicles episode.
it may have competition but its still gonna be one of teh ebst anime this spring

theres quite a few animes this spring that have appealed to me but
VC tops the list atm, can't wait for this!!!
Old 2009-03-14, 00:56   Link #351
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
I'm kinda nervous as to how they'll handle our friends from Arcadia. I loved that game and ended up using Aika and Vyse all the time... not to mention that you have to be perfect to never see Fina (or Mina or...). But they're references to another continuity... will they keep them around?
Well since at least Vyse has a prominent role in the manga; we may see him in the anime but I'm not sure about Aika.

Here's hoping though, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
If this anime is going to focus on romance, to an extent, I'm sure she'll be included.
For more complications they should put Audrey in the anime too. I just want to see her crush the watermelon with one hand...

Old 2009-03-15, 05:07   Link #352
sb075

Kano Yui voices Edy Nelson and she took the position of the official radio personality away from the main heroine.
http://ameblo.jp/kano-yui/
sb075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 06:23   Link #353
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Valkyria Chronicles is the best game I've played in a long time and probably the first to actually get me emotionally involved since Ever17.
Oh god, don't get me started on Ever17 please. Yes it had a pretty good, emotional story. I refuse to say it's the ONLY good, emotional game ever released like some *some* people tends to do. Ever17 praise almost gets to elitism level nowdays. ugh

There's been plenty of good games with excellent storylines in the past year for me. I won't start naming names though. I don't even own a PS3 and I had to rent it just to play Valkyria Chronicles. I need to buy it someday (no money..) so I can relive it. As for the romance, they didn't get into it much at all in the game, no need to do so in the anime. I'm frankly not sure how they can possibly port the game into anime form, but we'll see. I don't think this kind of show will work without some eyecandy to work with.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 06:47   Link #354
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Ever17 was the first VN I ever played and it was actually what got me into anime so it's always going to hold a special place in my heart.

I understand your viewpoint completely so I won't say anything against it. Let's all just hope the VC anime is successful.

Old 2009-03-15, 09:29   Link #355
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The best thing we game players should be doing is not having our expectation's set so high. If you do, then one part you disagree with in the anime and that will be the end of it.

I'm just hoping for plenty of Edy, and that she's handled nicely.
Old 2009-03-15, 09:48   Link #356
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I have no illusions of a one-on-one copy of the game. In fact, the game is so similar to an anime that I would actually find that boring. If I've already seen everything the anime will show, where's the fun in watching it?

My expectations are actually that the anime throws in twists and scenes that weren't in the game. Keep things fresh.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 09:50   Link #357
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The best thing we game players should be doing is not having our expectation's set so high. If you do, then one part you disagree with in the anime and that will be the end of it.

I'm just hoping for plenty of Edy, and that she's handled nicely.
That's exactly what I'm afraid of.

I'm a stickler for adaptations from medium to medium being as accurate as possible within reasonable bounds. Obviously you can cover a ton more in a 400+ pg novel than you can in a 2-hour movie, but I'd rather see side stories cut out and parts condensed than see the story changed because "it's more dramatic" or something along those lines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I have no illusions of a one-on-one copy of the game. In fact, the game is so similar to an anime that I would actually find that boring. If I've already seen everything the anime will show, where's the fun in watching it?

My expectations are actually that the anime throws in twists and scenes that weren't in the game. Keep things fresh.
That's a reasonable point, but I would have a problem with something as drastic as turning this into a primarily romance story; the game is certainly not primarily a romance story, as far as I'm concerned. The love between the main characters is obviously an important aspect of the story, but it is not the primary part (though one could argue it is since romantic love does drive some major events in the last group of chapters).

Old 2009-03-15, 10:01   Link #358
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

That I agree with. While I would love to see shifts and changes in the plot, the story of Valkyria Chronicles is essentially a war story. A war story with a few romantic elements, but a war story at its core. To see it turned into a love story with war elements would disappoint me greatly.

But I'll be reserving judgment on that until I've actually seen the story itself.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 10:30   Link #359
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm with you there. If it was everything that the game was without some of its own take on things where would be the fun in that. Its good to have a variety. Of course there are some things that I think are essential to keep the same as it would ruin the show otherwise. I just hope it doesn't toally dumb down the war aspect and pile the show with nothing but romance.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 10:47   Link #360
JagdPanther

I may be just dumb, so if this has been mentioned here before I apologize, but:

I'd really like it if they kept the little comic book-style words on the screen when tanks move or weapons fire like "ratta-ratta," "buda-buda," etc. I just wonder if it might end up being a little cheesy in an anime... though the game has an anime feel to it with such good graphics even in-game.

Tags
sega