AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-23, 20:46   Link #401
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
You have to admit: Eita's notebook is filled with some of the most embarassing crap imaginable. Great, great.
Yes, he makes "Dark Flame Master" from Chuunibyou look tame by comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Makes me wonder even more why he didn't throw it in the trash. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be confronted by stuff from my past if it were that embarrassing. :P
Perhaps that was his big mistake - he *did* throw it away, but she observed him doing it and quickly fetched it when he was gone. That's how she got it
Old 2013-01-23, 20:48   Link #402
Midonin
Last Engage

Chaos is a battlefield.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 20:52   Link #403
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Nyaruko-chan and Oreshura, now that's an interesting crossover
What does the "W" mean in the Nyaruko title? Second season?
Old 2013-01-23, 20:53   Link #404
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
What does the "W" mean in the Nyaruko title? Second season?
A bit behind on the news with that one, but yes. Now, count up your crimes.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 21:51   Link #405
larethian

I'm sure someone has posted Masuzu singing "Konton yo, mou ichido" as a congratulatory song for Nyaruko getting season 2.

Not sure whether anyone has posted this with Nyaruko introducing OreShura cast:
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 00:31   Link #406
EroKing

Old 2013-01-25, 03:41   Link #407
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Makes me wonder even more why he didn't throw it in the trash. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be confronted by stuff from my past if it were that embarrassing. :P
He plans to seal it away, but somehow his notebook ends up in the box of things he wants to sell...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 04:22   Link #408
sky black swordman

Quote:
Even if it does contain embarrassing things from his past, it may also hold many of his memories.
Old 2013-01-25, 10:04   Link #409
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

so I guess... Eita's diary really can boost up someone's popularity, eh?

poor Chiwa.... you don't know how to deal with dense-Eita...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 13:39   Link #410
ookamigirl

Episode 4

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 13:44   Link #411
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 4:
Old 2013-01-26, 13:57   Link #412
HandofFate

episode 4

masuru is a terrible bitch.

Wish eita did a better job, at least throw a few good punches at the guys before getting beat up. The part with him 're-enacting' his former self was silly and dumb.
At least Chiwa saved the day with her kendo.

Wonder what the badguy's brother in Eita class thinks, was he in on it, or did he not know his brother was playing those kind of games.
Old 2013-01-26, 14:33   Link #413
larethian

I don't really care if another stand user posts about this, but the blatant Jojo spoilers are finally beginning! And that ゴゴゴ LOL! A1 is doing 'Jojo' right and it was great that they didn't censor the blatant spoilers And I can't get enough of those Jojo poses of Masuzu, which weren't there in the novels (I guess describing them in words would be a pain ). Official subs screwed up with the she/girlfriend part, and of course the essence of what Masuzu and Eita were talking about whenever jienotsu was mentioned can't be captured without intimate knowledge of the source material and the duality of the term itself. If one understands some Japanese, it will be good to pay attention whenever 'jienotsu' comes up.

Can't really remember whether Masuzu did take off her skirt in the later part though

Last edited by larethian; 2013-01-26 at 14:46.
Old 2013-01-26, 18:12   Link #414
Ddraig

Spoiler for episode 4:
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 18:48   Link #415
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I was quite impressed with this episode. I didn't expect Saka-whatever to be an asshole, so I thought the ep would take a Eimazu-follows-Chiwa-all-day type of deal, so it made me sympathize with Chiwa's situation more. Eita trying to save the day after he seen how badly they made fun of her is not surprising, but Chiwa beating them up using her kendo skills were. I actually found this refreshing, since usually the guy gets beaten up as the girl is made out to be weak, helpless, and defenseless. That inner strength really reflects Chiwa's character, so I really liked it =03.

As far as Masuzu goes, I couldn't tell if her "don't leave me alone" was fake or real, since she had a menacing, hateful look after he left. Obviously some issue in her past life. Perhaps it was merely because whatever happened to her, she is traumatized by it, but seeing Eita, she thought she found someone who can relate to her. However, Eita, despite feeling the same way about love, doesn't feel....how to say....as in despair as she does, so that's the reason why she says he "has no clue".

One of the things I love about this show is that Eita's priority is given to Chiwa(least for now). While I can understand a char not liking his/her childhood friend as a lover, and some beauty/interesting char comes out of nowhere and said char is fascinated by him/her, I usually can't get over how said char ignores everything the childhood friend does, but not the beauty/interesting char. If a person is your childhood friend, esp if they're relatively close, you should generally want to put the childhood friend's needs above someone you just met, and I can see that Eita definitely values Chiwa over Masuzu, not even counting the flashback in ep 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig View Post
Spoiler for episode 4:
I didn't see any pantsu either...unless it was a band-aid. And don't argue that a band-aid isn't a pantsu, cause it is.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 20:23   Link #416
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Thinking this, you and I are probably in the very small minority. Like Eita, most viewers are likely to be blinded by Masuzu's "beauty" and ignore the fact that she is intensely cruel and enjoys being so. It behoves me to understand how he could even want to be around her after she knowingly forced his childhood friend into that situation, and stood by, enjoying watching her getting humiliated. Do you mind if I quote you again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
As far as the fake relationship goes, couldn't he now just tell Masuzu to go screw, since his performance in front of the train station is now common knowledge?
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 20:50   Link #417
broken270
Defying gravity

I'm going to get heat for saying this, but Masuzu is a bitch. I mean, I'm sorry, but you can't just do that to someone, dragging people down to your misery level to make them experience the things that you might have had. Sure, Masuzu has a troubled past, that much is already clear given this episode, but her knowledge of what kind of person that basketball player was yet still make Chiwa go through the trouble of confessing to him and putting up with his antics is just cruel, if not, downright horrible. She has no excuse to cause people harm just to get her point across.

In other news, I would have liked to see Eita at least give him a clean shot at his face before getting beaten up. That guy deserved more than the shots Chiwa gave him.
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 21:16   Link #418
SQA

Eita is a solid reminder that, apparently, every male in anime has 0 capability to fight properly. Someday, a male MC in a harem/semi-harem series will know how to sweep a leg or two. Someday.

Masuzu is a bitch, she even said it herself. Part of the series is probably something of a redemption for her, but she's still pretty terrible of a person.

That wasn't a Jojo spoiler. That's a scene from a very early chapter of the manga (maybe chapter 7 or so?). Unless you mean "another Stand user" line.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 21:24   Link #419
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
I'm going to get heat for saying this, but Masuzu is a bitch.
Doubt you're going to get much heat since it's going to be tough to contradict you when she herself says so.
Hell in the Jojo reference she gives herself the role of Dio,so in a way that's admitting that she's the "evil antagonist" and that Chiwa is the heroine.

Of course our MC being dense he didn't stop and ask himself if Masuzu was Dio,and he was Elena then who was Jojo?
Old 2013-01-26, 22:22   Link #420
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
Eita is a solid reminder that, apparently, every male in anime has 0 capability to fight properly. Someday, a male MC in a harem/semi-harem series will know how to sweep a leg or two. Someday.

Masuzu is a bitch, she even said it herself. Part of the series is probably something of a redemption for her, but she's still pretty terrible of a person.

That wasn't a Jojo spoiler. That's a scene from a very early chapter of the manga (maybe chapter 7 or so?). Unless you mean "another Stand user" line.
It's a spoiler for anyone who hasn't seen Jojo. Watching this show automatically spoils you on Jojo Of course, not watching Jojo will make these spoilers hard to decipher, unless say someone only just watched episode 1 or read the first few chapters of the (Jojo) manga.

Tags
comedy, coming of age, harem, romance, school life, shounen