AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-27, 16:39   Link #2381
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

It also helps to deliberate on just what the real story in the show is. The show is not about the Simoun, the other nations, or even the war - it's about girls growing up. Taken as that, I think the ending was one of the best I've ever seen.
Of course, if the show had been about all that other stuff, then yeah, major suckage. Fortunately it wasn't.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 19:15   Link #2382
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
It sounds like the general concensus to me was that it was the proper and appropriate ending to the series, rather than anything groundbreaking or spectacular. Of course that always beats an ending that comes out of nowhere and makes absolutely no sense. The one guy Matrim said he'd give it a 9/10 for tugging at the viewers emotions and a 3 for plot resolution. I get the impression the series is more about the characters than plot though.

I mean I haven't seen the series yet, but it sounds like one of those endings that splits the audience right down the middle with those who are satisfied and those who think they could have done a bit more to tie up the loose ends, sometimes even causing people to hold two simultaneous opinions. All in all it makes a great "Water Cooler" conversation, which is probably more or less what they were going for.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 08:31   Link #2383
Yui from Okinawa

Send a message via Yahoo to Yui from Okinawa
Simoun model

Simoun

http://52432002.at.webry.info/

http://www.geocities.jp/swordbreaker...un/simoun.html

Last edited by Yui from Okinawa; 2007-03-04 at 09:47.
Yui from Okinawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 12:38   Link #2384
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
a new date for the game...
2 June 2007.
This time (i think) it will be the definitive Date....

(Gamekult Source)
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 00:14   Link #2385
Yui from Okinawa

Send a message via Yahoo to Yui from Okinawa
I heard June 21 in 2007

Marvelous official page said ps2 Game release June 21 (Thursday) 2007.....

Yui from Okinawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 11:32   Link #2386
Question
Crossdresser

Isnt it about time this anime got a sub-forum of its own? This thread has more posts in it than the pumpkin scissors, asatte no houkou, Ah! my goddess, AIR, chrno crusade, kashimashi, konomini, midori no hibi, monster, ouran host club and zero no tsukaima subforums...
Old 2007-03-12, 12:04   Link #2387
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
Isnt it about time this anime got a sub-forum of its own? This thread has more posts in it than the pumpkin scissors, asatte no houkou, Ah! my goddess, AIR, chrno crusade, kashimashi, konomini, midori no hibi, monster, ouran host club and zero no tsukaima subforums...
A bit too late for that now, since the series is over.

Natch.
Old 2007-03-12, 13:02   Link #2388
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Some of the main staff of Simoun is bringing out a new anime next month. Actually, it's all the main staff of Yami to Boshi to Hon no Tabibito, which includes Simoun's Nishida Asako (character designer/animation director) and Tsujitani Kouji (sound director).

The new show is Touka Gettan 桃華月憚 (AS thread, ANN page, official site, staff blog). Like Yamibo, it is based on an adult PC game by Carnelian. It starts on the night of Monday 2 April, at 1:30 am. The game is being released the same week.

The director and writer are both good. The director will be Yamaguchi Yuji, who directed Yamibo and Strawberry Eggs. The writer will be Mochizuki Tomomi, who directed Zettai Shounen (an excellent show) and YKK, and wrote Yamibo.

The only seiyuu from Simoun in the new show will be Yukana (Dominura) and Kitamura Eri (Amuria, Saya in Blood+), but other cast members include best new seiyuu nominee Kobayashi Yu (Setsuna in Negima), and Fujimura Ayumi (Karada in Asatte no Houkou), as well as two newcomers. I trust Tsujitani Kouji to get good performances from them. Here's a publicity shot:

Nishida Asako has mentioned the new show on her blog, but since they aren't her original designs, I don't think the project is as close to her heart as Simoun, for which she keeps creating new drawings. Check her home page, especially the "gallery". Her "scrapbook" has links to new adults-only images of Aaeru and Limone. There is an interesting and maybe also slightly un-worksafe drawing of Limone at 17 here. I think the caption says that it shows Limone when she is deciding how to understand everything: religion, prayer, love, her partner, sacrifice, her desires.... "Did Simulacrum and Tempus Patium begin from Dominura, or from her?"

By the way, Tsujitani Kouji, the sound director of Simoun and the new show, will also appear as a seiyuu this season, in the show Seirei no Moribito. Tsujitani-sensei is one of the few sound directors who comes from the ranks of seiyuu. He played The Irresponsible Captain Tylor in the show of that name. Since one of the sound director's jobs is usually to direct the seiyuu, it seems this gives him something special. Morinaga Rika, for one, commented how much she enjoyed working with him. He and Nishida Asako also worked on Fate/Stay Night.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-03-12 at 13:19.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 03:18   Link #2389
Siobhan

Hah. Here I am, the latecomer...

But I have a theory and I want to share it. Maybe someone else came to the same conclusion?

Spoilers for episode 26:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Siobhan; 2007-03-28 at 04:18.
Siobhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 19:47   Link #2390
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Episode 26 released

Simoun-Fans is proud to announce the completion of Simoun with the release of episode 26. It's available via BitTorrent here on AnimeSuki, or on IRC at #simoun@irc.rizon.net .

Yarimashita!

"Otsu no Ri Maajon" to everyone here in this thread and to everyone who helped. Simoun-Fans got started by fans on this thread pitching in, and I think the final result shows it. Aa-e-ru.
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 22:31   Link #2391
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Congratulations to Simoun-Fans for completing a great sub of a great series. Otsu no Rimaajon!
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 04:58   Link #2392
BiZz
God ?

Yep, you make a good job
Thx you
BiZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 10:55   Link #2393
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Spoiler for episode 26:
Old 2007-04-03, 11:41   Link #2394
sei

A big thank you to Simoun-Fans staffs and yeah, Otsu no Ri Maajon!
sei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 14:09   Link #2395
Siobhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaba-chan View Post
Spoiler for episode 26:
Spoiler:

Thanks for the subs, by the way.
Old 2007-04-03, 19:31   Link #2396
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Spoiler for episode 26:

Quote:
Thanks for the subs, by the way.
It was a pleasure!
Old 2007-04-03, 21:49   Link #2397
rain...

Once again, thanks for the subs, Simoun-Fans! Going to rewatch the whole series right now.
rain... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 05:19   Link #2398
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Watched the conclusion at last. Where to begin... Guess I'll start off by thanking Simoun-fans for the last episode.

Spoiler for episode 26:
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 06:42   Link #2399
Siobhan

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 26:

Huh. You know, I think I got myself so tangled up in the "what ifs" and ideas and theories I've read on forums and the like, because I thought at some point the dark-haired girl said something about "the new Chor Dextra"...

I probably just read it somewhere and superimposed it onto the last episode, lol. Oh well, there goes that theory.

Quote:
It was a pleasure!
Maybe now that the last episode is finished we'll get some fahnfikshunz. =D
Old 2007-04-04, 14:41   Link #2400
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Spoiler for episode 26:
Spoiler:

Also, major props to everyone who worked on these subs. If I could remember who you are, I'd pass out cookies
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri