AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 26 45.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 36.84%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 12.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-15, 12:56   Link #41
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Okay, just watched the episode completely:
- Sorata = fail in the beginning when he got angry at Mashiro Be it with "reason" or not, it just plainly sucked.
- Nanami was cute, but getting to witness the closest to an probably indirect confession to see at the end was rather harsh.
- Misaki's endless train track theory was quite plausible and explains her usual hyper-approach well. Jin's seriousness towards her during his talk with the ex-student pres. was also good. Breaking of with all his "play dates" underlined his sincerity(?).
- Nanami's dere-dere side when she mentioned her acting appointment and if she passed = important talk was adorable as well. @Sorata: Even if you don't get the hint (which is fine itself), don't ask useless stuff and just agree to hear her out!
- Mashiro's speech + the touching VA-acting was very moving, yet is simply summed up as "I just want(ed) to talk more with you". A++
- Misaki got here indeed the sad "joker" card with Jin's mishmash of confessing to love her as well, but rejecting to offically get together.

@Dauerlutscher: Must feel good to completely undermine the issue of an inferiority complex and simply talk tough and call that issue pathetic.
Sure, Jin could just tell her his train of thought, but a mutual and detailed discussion/conversation is in drama-genres too easy to settle things.
Old 2013-01-15, 13:06   Link #42
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Must feel good to completely undermine the issue of an inferiority complex and simply talk tough and call that issue pathetic.
Sure, Jin could just tell her his train of thought, but a mutual and detailed discussion/conversation is in drama-genres too easy to settle things.
Doesn't matter if I feel good about it or not.
I just call him and idiot and a moron because he behaves exactly that.
He has the girl he loves right there and she loves him back, but he still does such a pathetic thing becaus of his nonsensical inferiority complex.
Old 2013-01-15, 14:23   Link #43
Somnus
Eh?

Stunning episode, in both looks and content.

The girls. What can I say? You could've had the three still shots of them that Chaos2Frozen posted earlier rotating for the entire episode and I still would've loved it.

That being said, the layout and flow of this episode was superb. Those moments where they blended everyone's feelings together, I can't praise them more. Everyone's individual feelings were portrayed to the fullest, and it was great seeing it all. Misaki and her talk of being on a "track", Aoyama and her sheer determination, Mashiro...and everything she did. Nothing but pure joy.

It slightly irked me that Sorata had to get his life lesson spelled out to him like that, but as the teacher said, "He's still a kid". As for Jin, though I can understand why he believes what he believes, I don't agree with what he's doing to Misaki in the least.

I don't mention Dragon and Rita because they win at life automatically. Too much of them would make my screen explode with awesome.

This show is single-handedly giving me an amount of romance-related development and couplings to make up for the lack thereof for the past several years, if not longer. For any Gundam SEED fans in the audience, we've got our overpowered Three-Ship Alliance right here (although I guess it'd be Four/Five-Ship Alliance, depending on how you look at it). Keep it coming Sakurasou!

New Year's at Sorata's? Hell yes.
Old 2013-01-15, 14:36   Link #44
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice that Sorata and Mashiro made up. Too bad for Aoyama though. Poor Misaki, she really can't do anything about that. The Rita part was great.
Old 2013-01-15, 14:36   Link #45
romcom89

Which Vol of the LN we are at this moment. Is it possible to reach Vol 8
Old 2013-01-15, 16:27   Link #46
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by romcom89 View Post
New Year is from 5th book. Anime definitely reach 8th one but most likely material from last two will be cut severaly.
Old 2013-01-15, 19:27   Link #47
nfsac

Maid-chan won the episode with her using her virtual phone and for being the one to deny Lisa request to talk with Dragon, for an A.I she is quite amazing.
Old 2013-01-15, 20:17   Link #48
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Meido-chan is best girl.

The triangle, infuriating as it is, is still one of the most skillfully developed plot elements of the show, at least in terms of how it's structured. Mashiro's outlook is clearly closer to Sorata's ideals -- and he says as much to Nanami during the summer fireworks -- but they are very careful to show that Sorata not only admires both girls, but genuinely cares about them, and not just in that BS anime protagonist "he's-kind-to-everyone" sort of way.

Last edited by ThereminVox; 2013-01-15 at 21:36.
Old 2013-01-15, 21:31   Link #49
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
They just finish Vol. 4 this episode. Since I think they want to wrap stuff up in 24 episodes, though, sure we'll see some crazy cuts sooner or later (LN will end at Vol. 10 anyway...)

As far as the episode goes...
1. The beginning of Nanamin shafting, although she has been getting shaft since Day 1
2. Well, Christmas episode, where everyone goes raburabu...damn リア充
3. Surprise they didn't use the Misaki scene as cliffhanger like the LN
4. Speaking of Misaki...a lot of service scene for her
5. Rita returns...still can't wait until the Valentine Day episode.
6. Overall episode is not bad. It's still no Toradora ep19, though, as unfair as that comparison is.
7. Next week = return of a certain imouto, and Sorata will has his hands full with his harem...
Old 2013-01-15, 22:51   Link #50
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Next week = return of a certain imouto, and Sorata will has his hands full with his harem...
And of a certain alchemist-dad and teleporter-mom. Especially the teleporter-mom. Meet the Kandas, indeed.
Old 2013-01-15, 23:48   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
And of a certain alchemist-dad and teleporter-mom. Especially the teleporter-mom. Meet the Kandas, indeed.
I felt bad for Sorata just hearing those two on the phone. I can only imagine what they are going to be like in person .

Kind of makes his extreme reactions more understandable. No one can grow up to be normal in that kind of environment .
Old 2013-01-16, 02:17   Link #52
judasmartel
*Author

How about impersonating as somebody else when picking up the phone the first time? Seems to be a Kanda tradition. Even Sorata himself did that to Yuuko.

Spoiler for Crazy Theory:
Old 2013-01-16, 10:22   Link #53
larethian

ARGGGGHHHH *clutches head* Nanami! I feel your pain!!!

Rita, you are hilarious as usual.

Great episode overall. Lots of chords touched.
Old 2013-01-16, 16:15   Link #54
Trudinh

so he coming home next episode and bring 3 girl with him, lawl. just imagine the chaos.
Old 2013-01-17, 18:14   Link #55
nfsac

Nanami, Mashiro and who is the 3rd girl?

Also will Rita come back to attack Akasaka?
Old 2013-01-17, 18:31   Link #56
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsac View Post
Nanami, Mashiro and who is the 3rd girl?

Also will Rita come back to attack Akasaka?
Most probably Misaki
Old 2013-01-18, 00:54   Link #57
judasmartel
*Author

Yep. Rita won't be back until Valentines Day.
Old 2013-01-18, 02:11   Link #58
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Great episode.

Looks like Jin still thinks that he doesn't deserve to be with Misaki because of his inferiority complex. I am guessing he wants to be truly Misaki's equal. Meanwhile, Sorata is still dense.

Next episode we have Sorata and friends coming to visit Sorata's house for New Year. This will a blast considering we had a preview of his parents in episode 7. This is one New Year Sorata will never forget.
Old 2013-01-18, 04:50   Link #59
Kyuu
=^^=

Mashiro in that outfit. HNNNGGGGHHHHHH

As for the Jin-Misaki thing -- if it has gone for so long -- without any fruition -- then they're better off apart. Especially, with Jin's plans to Osaka...
Old 2013-01-18, 13:06   Link #60
tsunade666

Awesome episode. You can feel the feelings in the voice and the animation. its truly superb but poor Misaki and Nanami. Mashiro is the only one who got happy Christmas.