Old 2010-01-30, 23:43   Link #1
24gh12
24ghx12 XIII

Metroid: Other M

any 1 play this and is worth the money?
24gh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 07:41   Link #2
plmko

There are 3 games in the series and 2 spin-off games.

Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

and

Metorid Prime DS: Hunters
Metroid Prime Pinball

All the main games are highly recommended even if they are now old. If I were to describe them, I would say they are works of art.

But which game are you referring to.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 08:17   Link #3
astranagun

Metroid prime M doesn't exist, I think you are talking about Metroid:another M that has yet to come out.
astranagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 15:59   Link #4
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmko
All the main games are highly recommended even if they are now old. If I were to describe them, I would say they are works of art.
I disagree. The original Metroid Prime is great, but its sequel is a very playable, but uninspired mess. I haven't spent any significant amount of time on the third yet.
Old 2010-01-31, 16:22   Link #5
Armored Knight

Quote:
All the main games are highly recommended even if they are now old.
IMO, Metroid Prime is not old yet. I already have Metroid Prime: Trilogy on the Wii and the first game still looks stunning. It looks much better than most of the 3rd party games on the console even though it was originally released in 2002, not to mention the amazing atmosphere. Furthermore, it has widescreen support and improved textures in addition to the Wii controls of course.

@24gh12
Metroid: Other M is not out yet. But it will be released later this year. It is an action-adventure game developed by Team Ninja.
Armored Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 16:34   Link #6
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Best Games for Wii. Prime is pretty much a recreation of Super Metroid and rules da house. Echoes is a very dark themed and brutally hard to beat game (which i liked). Corruption is again awesome sauce.

Another M will probably have some kind of J-style story attached to it (judging by the trailer) so im very eger to see how that works out...
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 17:30   Link #7
TCman

Well, I only like the very first Metroid Prime game for the gamecube, because the last two sequels do not quite feel as "Metroid" as the first Prime game; I have played the original Metroid since the NES days, and also played Metroid II on the Gameboy, Super Metroid on the SNES, and Metroid fusion on the GBA; I only missed Metroid: Zero Mission which is supposed to be a remake of the original game.

What I can say is that I like the 2D Metroid games a lot more than the 3D incarnations, So I am quite excited when I hear the news about the new Metroid: Another M which looks like Nintendo is going back to its classic formula, although I don't know whether the game will be 2D or 2.5D gameplay wise, but it is very promising because this new Metroid is made together by Nintendo and Tecmo, Tecmo is known for the Dead or Alive fighting games and Ninja Gaiden series.

As for whether is it worth buying Metroid Prime, I say yes if you mean Metroid Prime trilogy, since it's 3 games in one and comes with new control schemes for the Wii remote and nunchuks which definitely make you experience the game (especially the first two Prime games which were originally for the Gamecube) better than with the classic controller. But you may not like it if you like faster shooting games or first person shooters like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 or Left 4 Dead 2, because Metroid Prime is not really a fast game where you can sprint and shoot at enemy at great speed. But again you should give it a try, especially if you can buy it for a low price somewhere.
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 17:40   Link #8
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I was pretty much disappointed with Metroid Prime 2 and 3. Just didn't live up to the epic experience that the first game had to offer. Saying that, i wouldn't mind getting a hold of Metroid Prime trilogy so i can at least give them a complete seeing two. Even if i didn't like them as much, i still need to finish them.

Plus it's an excuse to play the first masterpiece of a game again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCman View Post
What I can say is that I like the 2D Metroid games a lot more than the 3D incarnations, So I am quite excited when I hear the news about the new Metroid: Another M which looks like Nintendo is going back to its classic formula, although I don't know whether the game will be 2D or 2.5D gameplay wise, but it is very promising because this new Metroid is made together by Nintendo and Tecmo, Tecmo is known for the Dead or Alive fighting games and Ninja Gaiden series.
Yeah if i had to choose, i would say i perfer the original 2D games. Still i've never come across a series that adapted into 3D so well like the Metroid games.

& yeah, with Tecmo teaming up, it should be good.
Old 2010-02-01, 13:25   Link #9
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored Knight
I already have Metroid Prime: Trilogy on the Wii and the first game still looks stunning. It looks much better than most of the 3rd party games on the console even though it was originally released in 2002, not to mention the amazing atmosphere. Furthermore, it has widescreen support and improved textures in addition to the Wii controls of course.
What do you mean, improved textures? It's a straight port of the GameCube version, except that it now has frame rate issues.
Old 2010-02-01, 15:19   Link #10
Armored Knight

It is not a straight port. There is an improvement but not that big of an improvement of course and don't forget the widescreen support and which makes the HUD look much better. I didn't notice any frame rate issues.
Old 2010-02-02, 12:02   Link #11
plmko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I disagree. The original Metroid Prime is great, but its sequel is a very playable, but uninspired mess. I haven't spent any significant amount of time on the third yet.
Its all opinions, but I think MP2 was better than the first for me. I prefer the music and the graphics are turn up a notch to the point the GC starts to splutter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& yeah, with Tecmo teaming up, it should be good.
I think Team ninja sucks, they will make this very Japanesey which ironically the Japanese don't actually care about Metroid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored Knight View Post
It is not a straight port. There is an improvement but not that big of an improvement of course and don't forget the widescreen support and which makes the HUD look much better. I didn't notice any frame rate issues.
Thats right the game features a number of updates to some textures but none of them are really noticeable. The main differences is the HUD update and the frame rate fixes (especially noticeable in MP2).

Although funny enough the water surfaces in MP1 are downgraded in visuals are look significantly flatter than the original game.
Old 2010-02-02, 12:06   Link #12
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I don't like Echoes much, but Corruptions is full of WIN!

I'm dying to play the new Metroid, especially since it's done by Team Ninja, which means it's a high possibility of us getting some tasty Samus fan service, since Team Ninja is famous for their bouncy girls
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 14:35   Link #13
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Yeah, I think this thread is about Metroid: Other M which is currently in development, by Team Ninja, the team that did Ninja Gaiden.

Here's the official Trailer of E3 '09: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrodfchKEgM

Last edited by ZGoten; 2010-02-02 at 16:11.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 14:39   Link #14
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

So first someone says there are no frame rare issues, then someone else says frame issues were fixed in relation to the original? Weird.

The graphics in Metroid Prime 2 may be of higher quality, but they're not very colourful. The light world is very brown, and the dark world is full of purple. In other words, everything looks mostly the same.
Old 2010-02-02, 15:57   Link #15
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmko View Post
I think Team ninja sucks, they will make this very Japanesey which ironically the Japanese don't actually care about Metroid.
but but what about the possibilities? You know the wii has motion sensor in it. You are so going to be able to use it to bounce Samus's boobs!

Honestly I think the game is going to fail, core members left anyhow.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 19:56   Link #16
24gh12
24ghx12 XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
but but what about the possibilities? You know the wii has motion sensor in it. You are so going to be able to use it to bounce Samus's boobs!

Honestly I think the game is going to fail, core members left anyhow.
*slaps* isn't that a bit far
24gh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 14:32   Link #17
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

If there's one thing that Metroid doesn't need, it's more fan service and more sexualisation of its heroine.
Old 2010-02-03, 22:31   Link #18
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

There will be little fan service with Itagaki gone and Nintendo involved in the game.

I hear that the game will hit Japan in the spring. People speculate that the NA release will happen shortly after that.
Old 2010-02-04, 04:25   Link #19
Armored Knight

I don't expect something higher than T rating since Nintendo is behind the game. I just want to see the human side of Samus in the cutscenes.
Old 2010-02-04, 08:54   Link #20
plmko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
So first someone says there are no frame rare issues, then someone else says frame issues were fixed in relation to the original? Weird.

The graphics in Metroid Prime 2 may be of higher quality, but they're not very colourful. The light world is very brown, and the dark world is full of purple. In other words, everything looks mostly the same.
What? I think your confusing yourself cause you essentially said the samething. Having no frame rate issues and having the frame rate issues fixed from the original game just means the game runs smooth lol.