AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-10-06, 14:15   Link #521
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I seem to recall more chibi in the first chapter, but I'm probably remembering it wrong. Not like it really matters.

Shimono's acting was a lot better than I thought it'd be, but the whole episode felt... generic, for lack of a better word. Although the second chapter was better, so we'll have to see what it's like next week.

Oh, and Crunchy? It's "Elsee". That's an actual name, you know.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 14:29   Link #522
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

The first episode was good and it kept my interest so I'll be sticking to this one. mmmmm main male that wears glasses do like =D

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 14:34   Link #523
Raiga
tl;dr

Rechecked the opening credits and I didn't see a vocalist credited for OP song. o_O Am I just blind? I see lyrics, composition, and arrangement credited, but no vocals. It sounds like Elisa so that's what I'm assuming, but...

While we're on the subject, new ED/heroine? I forget if that was mentioned earlier.
Old 2010-10-06, 14:55   Link #524
pampz21
ShipCore

for a first episode it release a decent one....Like how they kept the Kanji animations..... Hiro-san as Keima is a good idea but not the great one!......anyway still looking forward to the nxt ep....
PS: does anyone viewed the title of the episode....its on the PFP called FLAG01: The world Runs of Love!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 14:59   Link #525
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
While we're on the subject, new ED/heroine?
More of a Strike Witches situation. Same ED, heroine for the current arc sings it. On the character song CDs, each girl has the aforementioned song, as well as their version of the ED. There's also an ED single release by "Kami nomi zo Shiri Tai", presumably all of them together, that might be used for the final episode.

What this means is: next week, prepare for Aoi Yuki's singing skills.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 16:12   Link #526
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

I was thinking this the whole time watching the first episode. Aside from the martini, that is.

Otherwise, nice premise. And the fact that the "target" forgets soon after the "conquest" makes his life easier.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 16:26   Link #527
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan poor View Post
And the fact that the "target" forgets soon after the "conquest" makes his life easier.
I was thinking the same thing. I wondered mid-episode how they were going to handle the post-capture situation, considering that he has lied to her about his feelings. Having her forget what happened makes it easier to move on the next girl hosting a loose soul. I wonder though how these interactions with 3D girls will affect Keima? And what will happen if Keima conquers a girl whom he doesn't want to have forget the conquest afterwards?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 17:05   Link #528
Bombo
TSF Fans

ALL HAIL KEMIA ,...ALL HAIL KEMIA ....ALL HAIL THIS ANIME <3 <3 <3
Great animation,voice actors,OP,ED
I love it ..Finally the great kami neesama show up
OMG I can't belive it..
My my Elsee chan ..I love her srsly <3 <3 <3

10/10 EP1
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 18:19   Link #529
Isekaijin

10/10 I had to admit I was worried about the adaptation. But when the only thing I can complain about is the fansub, then I know they did a splendid work.

On the first day, god could see the ending. And it was good.
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 18:59   Link #530
Johnny
Working the bags...

Pretty good first episode and it seems no need to worry about a slow pace. Also Elsee's voice fit her character perfectly...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 19:10   Link #531
Miraluka
Banned

Somehow this OP reminded me Angela Asura Cryin's first opening since the second half of it. Is that Angela?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 19:20   Link #532
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Somehow this OP reminded me Angela Asura Cryin's first opening since the second half of it. Is that Angela?
I mentioned this earlier but I'm preeeetty certain it's Elisa. In any case Angela's got a pretty unmistakable voice, so I don't think it's her.
Old 2010-10-06, 19:26   Link #533
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

GOD HAS DESCENDED!

Though seriously, it's hard for me to properly gauge this episode as what it is since I have all these expectations from the manga, but it seems they did everything right- cut short the introductions and jump right into the meat which is the capturing But if there's something that I really REALLY have abit of a dislike is that somehow the comedy scenes weren't over-the-top enough, while the romance-drama wasn't emotional enough... Mah~This is just the first flag and it serve well as an introduction to pave the way for more girls to come.

...Oh, and Hiro did a much better job than I had thought... But still not my first choice
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 19:35   Link #534
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I thought Hiro Shimono did pretty well as Keima. He hit the serious and deep notes pretty well, even though his more normal speaking voice felt a bit weird to me.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 19:54   Link #535
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
GOD HAS DESCENDED!

Though seriously, it's hard for me to properly gauge this episode as what it is since I have all these expectations from the manga, but it seems they did everything right- cut short the introductions and jump right into the meat which is the capturing But if there's something that I really REALLY have abit of a dislike is that somehow the comedy scenes weren't over-the-top enough, while the romance-drama wasn't emotional enough... Mah~This is just the first flag and it serve well as an introduction to pave the way for more girls to come.

...Oh, and Hiro did a much better job than I had thought... But still not my first choice
I think the romance/drama was just about right and, if the comedy were more over-the-top, would seem more appropriately emotional by comparison.

As for Shimono, I think he did well, but wasn't quite over-the-top enough in the (humor) scenes that called for it. It's entirely possible that that has more of a directorial reason (the drama-centric PVs suggest it), but the Fukuyama and Miyano fans might not see it that way.
Old 2010-10-06, 20:04   Link #536
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Seems like their trying to push comedy to me. Was nice but it mostly made me just feel sad for Kami-Sama, all the crap hes going to have to go through will stop being funny. The way they keep Kami straight to the point and all about progress in the manga is what keeps it balanced imo.

But for a first episode was really good.
Old 2010-10-06, 20:05   Link #537
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Finally my Top 1 in this season is out ! Kami-sama is here !

Nice OP . That was quite good for an adaptation . Keima's voice is ok .
Elsee is so adorable and cute !!

The last line was

Keima : The answer is dating sims , dating sims , datings sims
If you don't believe me , go back to the stone age
Elsee : Off i go !

So 12-13 episodes for this season ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 20:44   Link #538
nines
I much prefer the 2d

It says 12 episodes but Kaichou Wa Maid Sama also said 12 and they went to 26. So hopefully they'll keep going.
Old 2010-10-06, 20:44   Link #539
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Great stuff, does feel like they managed to capture the feel of the manga, so can only hope they keep that up.
Animation is solid and the OST is good.

I'm still not sure on Shimono, altho like others said he did better than I expected but still would have prefered Miyano for the job.

Itou as Elsee tho was perfect. Oh how muchg I love Elsee <3

btw any info on who the VA is for Mari(Keima's mother)?
I'm very much looking forward to seeing her
Old 2010-10-06, 21:04   Link #540
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen