AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-21, 22:18   Link #17481
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I would say that 50:50 only applies to what Odin does and not what others do to her.
Old 2012-03-21, 22:19   Link #17482
Miraluka
Banned

Touma's bad luck plays against him so it won't work.
Old 2012-03-21, 22:20   Link #17483
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
The person’s scent [Einherjar Kagun] and the feel of the person’s skin were both nostalgic.
Lol Kamachi, we get it, they fucked each other. Poor Marian

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-03-21, 22:21   Link #17484
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

But the Kami-yan disease is pretty powerful so you never know... It's Kamachi senseis call either way.
Old 2012-03-21, 22:21   Link #17485
cleed

what a holistic esper again can someone explain in layman's terms? is it just like AC espers or what?
Old 2012-03-21, 22:21   Link #17486
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Oh shit. Kagun is now a Einherjar. Poor Marian.
Have you gotten your wish, Kyon?

*Evil laughter*

Now, I shall continue working on my "Othinus gets Kami-yan disease" short story.
Old 2012-03-21, 22:23   Link #17487
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Regarding that..... is her chances of recovery from the disease also 50:50?
Old 2012-03-21, 22:25   Link #17488
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Touma's misfortune will undoubtedly always roll against him, so Othinus will never recover.

And that's how it should be. ^
Old 2012-03-21, 22:25   Link #17489
Sumeragi
Banned

All right, I think I should explain the 50% thing: Othinus has a 50% of succeeding in using her power. What that power is hasn't been fully explained yet, but whatever it is, it most likely doesn't interfere with her making Einherjars and such.
Old 2012-03-21, 22:28   Link #17490
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
The Kami-yan disease goes beyond what we know of the countable realm, having luck or the gift of chance do nothing.
Old 2012-03-21, 22:33   Link #17491
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Hmmm. I was just thinking but since this arc is heavily norse influenced will we get to see Brunhild again (the valkyrie saint)? Better yet will she contract the Kmi-yan disease if she does? Hmmm....
Old 2012-03-21, 22:34   Link #17492
Miraluka
Banned

Oh Brunhild you really have a mother complex. Good thing Silvia came in to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordstriker21 View Post
Hmmm. I was just thinking but since this arc is heavily norse influenced will we get to see Brunhild again (the valkyrie saint)? Better yet will she contract the Kmi-yan disease if she does? Hmmm....
Go read the latest translations...
Old 2012-03-21, 22:35   Link #17493
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordstriker21 View Post
Yeah it's on the update and nah she's already playing Chifuyu to that little boy
Old 2012-03-21, 22:37   Link #17494
Miraluka
Banned

Sucks to be artificial valkyries on this story .
Old 2012-03-21, 22:37   Link #17495
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

I hope Imagine Breaker can somehow revert whatever Othinus did to Kagun and leave him alive as well, somehow. Touma, Fiamma, Ollerus, I know I'm being really demanding but please give Marian and Kagun a happy end. Touma, you do this and I'll never complain about you being a terribad character and a storytelling abomination.

kthx

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleed View Post
what a holistic esper again can someone explain in layman's terms? is it just like AC espers or what?
I'll try:

AC espers is Quantum Theory (infinitely small AKA micro-scale) and Holistic espers is Relativity (infinitely big AKA macro-scale).

For example, the reason a Black Hole is such an incomprehensible thing is that it starts out by being macro-scale AKA fits with Relativity but then warps and then goes into micro-scale AKA Quantum. Only with theories like String or Super String can you start to unite the two

The big difference for a Holistic esper is that to produce effects similar to a Academy City Level 2-3, he literally moves forces of the Universe to light up a flame in his palm, while AC espers operate of micro-scale Quantum perception or blablabla.

Honestly Kamachi has always been taking things very loosely with Science so don't read too much into it. Not to mention, poor Ping and Js06 have to translate deep science-y and philosophical thoughts from Japanese to English, and even English writing on such matters loses about 90% of people already.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-03-21, 22:38   Link #17496
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Oh failed to notice that. Sorry. So it's kinda like Ane Doki w/ those too huh? Hmmm. And man my braincells just aren't cut out for this science thing. Hearing the theory of Relativity alone is enough to make my head spin. But I love reading TAMNI anyway. W/c means reading each volume of it is an exercise of masochism in itself... Hmmm...
Old 2012-03-21, 22:43   Link #17497
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
I hope Imagine Breaker can somehow revert whatever Othinus did to Kagun and leave him alive as well, somehow. Touma, Fiamma, Ollerus, I know I'm being really demanding but please give Marian and Kagun a happy end. Touma, you do this and I'll never complain about you being a terribad character and a storytelling abomination.
I think he would punch you in the face or lecture you to death and then will do that just because is the right thing to do, of course, the chances of him turning from Ein to dead are 50:50 .

Quote:
AC espers is Quantum Theory (infinitely small AKA micro-scale) and Holistic espers is Relativity (infinitely big AKA macro-scale).

For example, the reason a Black Hole is such an incomprehensible thing is that it starts out by being macro-scale AKA fits with Relativity but then warps and then goes into micro-scale AKA Quantum. Only with theories like String or Super String can you start to unite the two

The big difference for a Holistic esper is that to produce effects similar to a Academy City Level 2-3, he literally moves forces of the Universe to light up a flame in his palm, while AC espers operate of micro-scale Quantum perception or blablabla.

Honestly Kamachi has always been taking things very loosely with Science so don't read too much into it. Not to mention, poor Ping and Js06 have to translate deep science-y and philosophical thoughts from Japanese to English, and even English writing on such matters loses about 90% of people already.
The question is... Do the holistic espers are similar to gemstones? Afterall gemstones are a product of the macro-scale.

Quote:
“In a windowless building. This specimen is sleeping quietly within one of the core structures supporting that large building.”
And then the upside down hikkikomori felt a chill on his back.
Old 2012-03-21, 22:45   Link #17498
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
So once again the "phenomenon" reconnected Touma's arm. I wonder if the reconnection process take longer depending on the damage to the host, considering it took about 20 or so minutes for the arm to grow or reattach itself.
Old 2012-03-21, 22:47   Link #17499
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

But the entire purpose of the experiment in creating a holistic esper is to attain a power unknown to both science and magic and use it as a trump card of sorts. So does that mean they are actually trying to produce gemstones "artificially"?
Old 2012-03-21, 22:48   Link #17500
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
All right, I think I should explain the 50% thing: Othinus has a 50% of succeeding in using her power. What that power is hasn't been fully explained yet, but whatever it is, it most likely doesn't interfere with her making Einherjars and such.
I think it actually does. But there is no consequences in making an Einherjar, so she just need to try a few time until it works.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen