AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-07, 05:31   Link #41
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Spoiler for New Pretty Cure:

I just noticed with the new attack, Peach is heart, Berry is spade and Pine is Diamond. In Shugo Chara, Amulet Heart is pink, Amulet Spade is blue and Amulet Dia is gold/yellow. Someone's been watching too much Shugo Chara. -roll eyes-

I'm starting to like Eas compared all the past pretty cure villians, she actually has some personality.

I wonder would they make a cg version of Gambalance Dance...although the director is different.
Old 2009-06-08, 09:15   Link #42
TCman

I am really surprised...

Spoiler for why I am surprised? And identity of the fourth Precure member:
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 07:10   Link #43
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

One of the earliest turnovers for a villain in a Precure, ever. I just hope they continue piling on the surprises, because we haven't really seen them try this to this degree since Precure Splash Star.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 22:05   Link #44
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Well of course, unlike Regine or other evil villains, Setsuna's alter ego was just as pretty. No pun intended but unless you are pretty, you are pretty much doomed. Shame too, liked Regine's human alter ego.
Old 2009-06-15, 22:43   Link #45
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
In regards to the fourth Pretty Cure Member. One thing I have to wonder is this.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-06-16, 09:04   Link #46
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

The wild rumor (emphasis on the 'wild' part) is that maybe Miyuki of all people will take over as Eas.

Either way, it's a lot more interesting than most villain-crossovers. Especially since Setsuna most likely won't be banished into the darkness like all the Precure-villain-converts have. I loved the Kaoru twins except they were gone for like 20 episodes.. boo. I really hope something like that doesn't happen with Setsuna.

And what would the ED look like with Setsuna dancing?
Old 2009-06-29, 07:59   Link #47
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Uh oh. From the looks of the preview, it might finally be one of those Gonzo/GAINAX animated episodes where they use all their budget on. And finally, once and for all, for Higashi to finally become the fourth Precure... or at least realize she isn't all evil and gloom.
Old 2009-06-29, 12:17   Link #48
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Toei always did that with Pretty Cure. The important episodes are always well animated. The ending episodes for the original and Max Heart was well animated too. Urara centric episodes from Pretty Cure 5 always has the highest budget, the character designer must have liked Urara the best.

I'll look forward to next episode, I've been watching an episode here and there.
Old 2009-06-30, 02:44   Link #49
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

It was a bit weird with the Urara episodes because they don't come across as absolutely crucial. In the first two series, they animated well when they had to. Splash Star was actually pretty well made for most episodes (surprisingly, since it's Toei of all companies..).

But I guess the next one with Higashi/Cure-Passion, the hype-meter is OFF THE ROOF on this particular coup.

I hear the ratings for the series is one of the highest it's been because of the Cure Passion hype. I just hope they throw more curveballs later as well, though I don't think they're too keen to making a truly innovative magical girl series anytime soon (IMO, the best pound for pound magical girl show is Shugo Chara for doing almost everything right, even by having decent animation and cuteness for fillers even).

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to the hypetrain when the new episodes come. Haven't quite had this kind of excitement for a Precure show.
Old 2009-07-01, 15:57   Link #50
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Still, its the first time a female villain turned sides. Guess a new squad of villains is coming up soon to replace Coroner and Shinn. Guess this is a case of "what measure as a non cute" or "what measure as a human"

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...sureisANonCute

I mean if Shouko true form was prettier, she may have been spared from being consumed for the big bad.
Old 2009-07-02, 05:32   Link #51
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Well, the Kaoru sisters in Splash Pretty Cure sort of counted as villainnesses turned good. Just a shame that show didn't get too much of a chance by a lot of viewers since it was the first spinoff from the original Precure.

But it looks like Fresh Precure is getting plenty of hype and viewership now.
Old 2009-07-02, 16:42   Link #52
thirdlc

I turned up that the next episode director is Matsumoto Rie, who directed ep 12. It's definitely promising! I usually don't watch this series, but I happened to watch her episode for some reason. That episode made me her fan at one blow. The coming episode is a must watch for me. Thank you, SuperKnuckles. If you hadn't brought up the preview, I would have pass over her episode. I can't wait!

As for the Urara episode, it's because of Tanaka Hiroki that they were well animated. I've heard he spend his own money on achieving his ideal, but could it be?
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 12:22   Link #53
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Well, the Kaoru sisters in Splash Pretty Cure sort of counted as villainnesses turned good. Just a shame that show didn't get too much of a chance by a lot of viewers since it was the first spinoff from the original Precure.

But it looks like Fresh Precure is getting plenty of hype and viewership now.
Of course, having a Kamen Rider Fandom who makes crossover also helps. But on Splash, you must remember the rule of cute, if the true form of the villain is just as cute as the human form, then they will be redeemable. If not, well...too bad.
Old 2009-07-06, 14:21   Link #54
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

True. Rule of cute seems to apply to Precure especially.

I was actually sort of disappointed that we didn't actually get the Gonzo/Gainax stuff, but to think about it, this season's production values have consistently been pretty good. Not like in the last few seasons where the visuals would drop sharply for all the fillers.

FINALLY Precure Passion time next week!
Old 2009-07-06, 14:23   Link #55
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Assuming the preview for episode 23 isn't misleading, it's destined to be an awesome episode. At the very least I'm looking forward to it.

As for Splash Star, it took a few episodes for the series to grow on me, but in the long run I ended up liking it.
Old 2009-07-06, 16:40   Link #56
thirdlc

I watched it. Gah, I was very disappointed. I'm afraid to expect much of her.
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 13:31   Link #57
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I just randomly downloaded episdoe 30, because I was thinking it's about time they changed the ending. I was surprised they did a simple remix of the opening too, I'm glad they did it, the first opening vocals was AWFUL, I wanted to rip my ears off. The new version has more effects on top of the vocals and is much better on the ears. There's a little bit of new animation for Cure Passion

The new ending was amazing. Pretty Cure always have decent ending, but this one is my favourite. Like the last ending, it's a new style to pretty cure songs, it's very catchy. Again the CG in this ending is even better then the last one. They must have got a person to do the dance in real life and did motion capture. The story boarding was done really well, I love the music box and the comic strip parts.

Oh Rabu finally has her 'bickering' male friend. About time.
Old 2009-09-21, 11:20   Link #58
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

So far I'm definitely liking Passion. However I'm also kind of partial to Pine at the same. As she's my favorite of the initial three. As for Berry and Love, they're fine too. I just have my priorities.
Old 2009-09-26, 18:40   Link #59
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Checking the wikipedia, we are going to get another chick villain to fill up the empty gap that is Eas. Would it be Miyuki?
Old 2010-01-30, 19:34   Link #60
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

People, this is a reminder for anyone who might happned to have had watched this show from beginning to end.

Fresh Pretty Cure ended today (Japan's already January 31st) its last episode broadcast, and so on next week with HeartCatch Pretty Cure.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magical girl, shojo