AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-09-26, 07:30   Link #81
Westlo
Lets be reality

I really can't see Manny beating up Cotto anywhere near as badly as Margs did... and if Cotto hits Manny with half the stuff he hit Margs with.. Cottos gonna win.

Manny's a great fighter but I just don't see him beating Mayweather, Mosley and Cotto... heck Manny's biggest weapon in speed.. well Mayweather and Mosley are just as quick.. and Mosley hits harder..
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 13:09   Link #82
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Do YOU go there? I'm more of a martial arts person. I find more "technique" in martial arts but that's subjective. In fact, Boxing has several controls as well.
I do boxing, kickboxing, and BJJ at a boxing gym. Boxing is a martial art of sorts, it just has rules.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 23:24   Link #83
Westlo
Lets be reality

Manny Vs Clottey starting in 15 minutes, should be a good fight. Can't wait for Mosley Vs Money May may the 1st...
Old 2010-03-14, 00:20   Link #84
mg1942

zOMG Clottey's not taking ANY risk
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 00:39   Link #85
Westlo
Lets be reality

Pac can't beat Mayweather.. Mayweather's better defensively than Clottey.. and he won't be a bitch like Clottey.. he'll counter manny's ass.. his hand speed is just as quick as Manny's.

Really disappointed in Clottey, he didn't come to fight at all. This really wasn't a great display by Pac, was more Clottey being a bitch, smh @ these commentators. Seriously that BANG BANG BANG moment.. ffs.

lol @ this interview, if they think Clottey's defense is better than Mayweathers.

Seriously enjoyed Mayweather Vs Marqeuz more and that was a boring fight.
Old 2010-03-14, 08:10   Link #86
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well since pacman win now let see pacman vs mayweather come on make it happen next.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 22:49   Link #87
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well, Mayweather still has to get past Mosley first. And I personally think that Mayweather has a good chance of losing against Mosley; the Margarito fight being brutal was quite a bit of an understatement. Looking forward to it in May.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 02:34   Link #88
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Well, Mayweather still has to get past Mosley first. And I personally think that Mayweather has a good chance of losing against Mosley; the Margarito fight being brutal was quite a bit of an understatement. Looking forward to it in May.
That's a very dangerous fight for Mayweather.. the worse thing about it is if Mayweather wins than Mosley is "old" lol. Some people are acting like Mayweather's scared of Pacquio.. but I would think the one who runs to fight Clottey is more scared than the one who goes for Mosley.

Everyone wants to talk about Manny's speed but Mosley and Mayweather have equal hand speed. Heck Mayweather's sparring partner is Zab Judah (who would've expected that after their fight lol?), and though he's a waste of talent he's still one very fast boxer.

I'm still annoyed at the implications Flloyd ducked the Manny fight... Floyd agreed to Manny's condition of he has to pay Manny/Top Rank 10 million dollars per pound if he came in overweight (like he did in the Marquez fight). Than Manny comes up with such a piss weak excuse after May wanted Olympic style testing.

And Clottey's better defensively than Mayweather... lol.. what a joke, Mayweather's the greatest defensive boxer of this generation and a brilliant counterpuncher. Comparing someone turtling in peek a boo style for 95% of the fight to that is a joke.

I think Mosley vs Pac would be the greatest possible fight you could see made today in terms of quality.. but you can't beat the event of Mayweather and Pac...
Old 2010-05-01, 13:20   Link #89
Westlo
Lets be reality

Bob Arum is a complete bitch if he makes Manny duck the winner of Mayweather & Mosley so he can fight a cheat like Margarito. He must be crazy if he thinks someone suspected of steroid use vs someone convicted of trying to cheat is a good look.. but hey he hates Golden Boy and Margarito's in his stable, just like Cotto, just like Clottey.. and it's all about the money.

Anyway this should be an awesome fight, whoever wins this is the #1 p4p boxer right now period.
Old 2010-05-02, 00:38   Link #90
Westlo
Lets be reality

Mayweather is the best boxer now period, lol @ Roach saying this.

Quote:
Shane came to the gym twice to ask me to let him fight Manny," Roach says. "I told him no both times, and both times for the same two reasons: First, there isn't enough money there, and second, you're too good a fighter.
Old 2011-09-17, 23:57   Link #91
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Who saw the boxing match today? I thought it was very interesting, but please Mayweather have some respect.. Well I thought Ortiz side story was pretty sad, and inspiring. Hes a good young boxer, I wanted him to win, but for some reason I thought Mayweather was going too win either way. I do like how Ortiz tried to apologize and, still kept a smile on his face at the end ! As for Mayweather despite his bad mouth, cocky attitude, trash talker (which is why I kinda don't like him) he is a good boxer, very smooth and classy. I don't like how the match ended though. If he is a world class boxer, and wants to prove he is the best; maybe that last move was not a way to prove it. All in all I want smiling kind hearten Manny, too show Mayweather the bright-side of things

this was the best part! Larry Merchant is the BEST!

Spoiler for mild language:

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-09-18 at 00:16.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 00:09   Link #92
flying ^

the ref gave a WEAK signal to resume the fight

poor Ortiz didn't see it coming

glad i didn't pay to watch this shit
flying ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 00:10   Link #93
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
the ref gave a WEAK signal to resume the fight

poor Ortiz didn't see it coming

[youtube]yS6BwDWX38Y[youtube]

glad i didn't pay to watch this shit
unfortunately my mom did. very short fight..
Old 2011-09-18, 00:19   Link #94
flying ^

this best sums up the fight

flying ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 00:20   Link #95
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

wut just happen? are the judges blind? or were the paid? I'm so dumbfound, how did bradly win? Pacquiao clearly won that fight, scoreboard. good fight.
Old 2012-06-10, 00:23   Link #96
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
wut just happen? are the judges blind? or were the paid? I'm so dumbfound, how did bradly win? Pacquiao clearly won that fight, scoreboard. good fight.
I know right that was one of the worst decisions this year
Old 2012-06-10, 00:27   Link #97
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Numbers are numbers, and they are made by people that can get wrong anytime. Yes, I kinda agree with you but lets just wait for the rematch. I bet we'll see Paquiao's Revenge at its boiling point... this is a must see fight!!!

Its getting exciting!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 00:31   Link #98
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

that same shit happened with rios-abril fight

sometimes i feel like not watching title fights because of these bad decisions
Old 2012-06-10, 00:35   Link #99
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Don't worry guys Bradley will face Paquiao's Range soon enough. We Filipinos are boiling now!!

Spoiler for Pacquaio's Iron Claws:
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 00:40   Link #100
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I respect your guy pacquiao even though he is called the mexicutioner for beating our guys