AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-03, 20:26   Link #1
strider454

Detective anime....

i need a good detective anime thats kinda like Detective Conan(which unfortunatly you cant get no moh) and Detective Academy Q(which rocks). I really enjoyed those series and aside from Captain Tsubasa, detective conan is my favorite series. Please i need some help finding animes that are like those with kids that are detectives solving cases.
Old 2006-02-04, 00:43   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Try Puppet Master Sakon if you're looking for a detective show with a bit of a difference. It is rather different from the shows you name in two respect: Mood and Puppets. This show is dark and occasionally quite creepy. It also has ventriloquism and lots of puppets. That may sound strange, but trust me when I tell you that it is brilliant.

Currently the series is only up to episode 11, but I have great confidence that more episodes will be subbed very soon.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-02-04, 01:15   Link #3
Swann

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Currently the series is only up to episode 11, but I have great confidence that more episodes will be subbed very soon.
Wish I had your confidence. (did enjoy it though; while it lasted)

Great Detective Poirot and Marple. Well ... Ok, maybe not but it does have a little girl and duck thrown in for the cute factor and if you haven't read the books or seen David Suchet's brilliant TV rendition you will find the actual mysteries to be much more substantial and more clever than in any other anime.
Old 2006-02-04, 01:53   Link #4
domino
デレデレ

If you're up to reading weird manga, try Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro. It's only a manga for now, but since it's a Shonen Jump series and is gaining popularity, it'll probably be in some kind of anime form some day.

I don't normally like detective series, but I really love Neuro just because the detective is so messed up. Instead of the usual good-hearted good guy detective, this detective is from HELL and has FANGS and is really WEIRD and only solves mysteries because he needs to "eat" them. It's a fresh twist on the detective genre and has funny characters and an interesting style.

You can find scanlations for it by looking around here.

Oh yeah, Meitantei Loki Ragnarok is a detective anime with a young boy detective main character, too. I haven't seen much of it, but the character designs and art are great. Both the anime and manga are licensed.
Old 2006-02-04, 02:45   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swann
Wish I had your confidence.
I have reasons to be so confident. Trust me. Barring some calamity, you will see new episodes of Sakon, soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
Oh yeah, Meitantei Loki Ragnarok is a detective anime with a young boy detective main character, too. I haven't seen much of it, but the character designs and art are great. Both the anime and manga are licensed.
Meitantei Loki Ragnaroki is not a detective anime, despite the word "meitantei" in the title. It is a humor/supernatural anime without any mysteries that can be solved from the evidence.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-02-04, 07:37   Link #6
Karnot
Banned

Monster is quite a detective anime in nature. A long one, too.
You get to follow criminals, people who want to stop them, and an inspektor Lange (its Lange, right ?) - a character by and in his own right.
Old 2006-02-04, 16:06   Link #7
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I have reasons to be so confident. Trust me. Barring some calamity, you will see new episodes of Sakon, soon.

Meitantei Loki Ragnaroki is not a detective anime, despite the word "meitantei" in the title. It is a humor/supernatural anime without any mysteries that can be solved from the evidence.

Oh? I only saw the first three or so episodes, and it seemed to be about a group of mystery solvers. Though the mysteries WERE all pretty supernatural and seemed to be a setup for a plot change...
Old 2006-02-04, 16:49   Link #8
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Mezzo - Detective agency that takes on all sorts of weird and unconventional cases...One episode they're stealing stuff from the bad guys the next episode their doing a job for the bad-guys....They don't care who they work for as long as they get paid...A hawt pink-haired cutey along with 2 guys and a loli make up the Mezzo-team...This anime is action-packed, stylistic, and humorous to no end...but it also has a very dark and serious side at times...The main character has a fighting style similiar to Major Motoko from GITS (Ghost in the Shell) and she kicks a$$ nearly every episode...But make no mistakes, Mezzo seems to be far more than just a fun ride...Some really dark elements at work that I haven't fully figured out yet...It's a quick 13 episode burn, so check it out will ya...
Old 2006-02-05, 14:13   Link #9
miaka

Spiral - another good detective show that explains scientifically.
steam detective - Its about a boy detective with his big robo. Since the city always cover with steam, a lot of crimes happening so together, they solve cases and fight crimes
Kindaichi Shounen Jikenbou - this tittle ranges from anime to live actions and movies. Hajime is a grandson of a great detective. He solve difficult cases one after another, in the name of his grand father. Pretty much like conan but a little bit darker, since conan is for adolescent and kindaichi is for young adult population.
Closed Thread