4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.62%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.62%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.62%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-01-29, 00:30   Link #241
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
About suzaku.. I'm quite curious on what make him so justic crazy, Like some of the post in the forums has said. Lulu did say that there is a big gaping change in Suzaku way of behaviour, compare to his oldself. That aside, Lancelot is a cool mech !!
Well it's not just us or Lelouch, even Cecile and Lloyd have noticed it. Even the medical doctor is asking him
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 03:51   Link #242
crystar
*yawns*

Maybe he's brainwashed to become all justice crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
What, people donīt like the OP? How can you not like such a kickass song. Their OP song in Blood+ was good but this one is atleast one notch better.
I started to like the OP after hearing it a few times. Now I don't think it's bad at all.
crystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 06:44   Link #243
Rei_Battlecake
Kampfkuchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Hope
What, people donīt like the OP? How can you not like such a kickass song. Their OP song in Blood+ was good but this one is atleast one notch better.
So it the artist really is Jin? I already tought so 'cause it sounded so much like the Blood+ OP...

"Man needs just one thing in life: Someone to love. If you can't give him that give him hope, if you also can't give him that give him something to do."
Rei_Battlecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 13:39   Link #244
Northy

Send a message via AIM to Northy Send a message via MSN to Northy Send a message via Yahoo to Northy
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystar View Post
Maybe he's brainwashed to become all justice crazy.

I started to like the OP after hearing it a few times. Now I don't think it's bad at all.
I think it probably got to do with how his father is mudered. Maybe his father left him a dying words, that he swore to keep to. This type of justice complex, it usuall make or break someone up.. Wonder what will happen to suzaku, if he realise that what he is doing is futile!

About the OP, i started to like it too after hearing it a few times. There is something about the high pitch in jap song.. haha..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Well it's not just us or Lelouch, even Cecile and Lloyd have noticed it. Even the medical doctor is asking him
I reckon, it is sometype of setback that cause him to behave this way. Like how he uses justice to give himself strength? Something like Noa, in Kiba. Who uses the Ultimate Rules as a form of strength. Or it might be a plot to get close to the king and assasinate him! hehe.. Just letting my imagination go wilds..
Northy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 14:31   Link #245
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
I reckon, it is sometype of setback that cause him to behave this way. Like how he uses justice to give himself strength? Something like Noa, in Kiba. Who uses the Ultimate Rules as a form of strength. Or it might be a plot to get close to the king and assasinate him! hehe.. Just letting my imagination go wilds..
Well he's fighting for something, what that is we really don't know but the watch is the only thing left of his father and as he stated, "otherwise my father will have died in vain..." Hopefully according to the spoilers for 16 we'll know about his past.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 14:33   Link #246
etothex

I doubt it is actually "strength". It's more like "running away from guilt". Considering his response to seeing his father in ep 11, normal people would be happy to see a dead loved one even in a vision, someone searching for strength would hope to do the deceased proud, and those with guilt respond with pain and denial (and in this case, going beserk and shooting things up).
etothex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 15:24   Link #247
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I wouldn't say Lelouch had it easy. His only two decisive victories were against Clovis and the hoteljackers.
True that Zero success rate is battle is nothing to boast about, However, what he has lacked in wins he has made up for in psychological damage. The fact that to this day Zero has not only evaded capture but has managed to make Corniela and the Britannaian forces look bad on several occasions. Lulus father so far has not become directly involved in events which might means he sees Zero and The Order of Black Knights as more a nucience than anything else. I think thats fatal mistake Corniela has already learned that you have to take Zero seriously or u will end up in the same position she did twice almost being captured.
Old 2007-01-29, 18:22   Link #248
calvinguy

Well now that Shirley has forgotten all her memories of Lulu she will most likely transfer out of the school. I also believe that Shirley will regain her memory becuase remember at the begining of the series when Lulu made some student draw x's on the wall. There has to be a timelimit for how long the geass would last or else why would they add in that scene. So I'm thinking that eventually Shirley will remember everything and come back to confront Lulu.
calvinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 10:26   Link #249
anselfir
Style Über Alles

That time is not a limit on the erased memory effect but the mind control effect.
Old 2007-01-30, 20:21   Link #250
ZephyrMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinguy View Post
Well now that Shirley has forgotten all her memories of Lulu she will most likely transfer out of the school. I also believe that Shirley will regain her memory becuase remember at the begining of the series when Lulu made some student draw x's on the wall. There has to be a timelimit for how long the geass would last or else why would they add in that scene. So I'm thinking that eventually Shirley will remember everything and come back to confront Lulu.
Hmm, we don't know if there is a time limit however. If I remember correctly, that girl that was drawing X's on the wall is still drawing them.
ZephyrMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 20:32   Link #251
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

True. And Lulu did this experiment for just that reason, to check if there is any time limit for Geass and what is it. Also, since it's state that each Geass has ONE ability and one alone, and Lulu's Geass is mind control, Shirley's memories CANNOT be permanently erased, they are forcefully supressed as a form of mind control. Therefore, if Geass DOES have a time limit, it is logical that Shirley's memories can return.
Old 2007-01-31, 07:13   Link #252
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrMoon View Post
Hmm, we don't know if there is a time limit however. If I remember correctly, that girl that was drawing X's on the wall is still drawing them.
Well, there's a diffrence between continuing orders and completed orders.
"Draw X on the wall every day" is an order issued out with continuous effect.
"Forget xxx" is not an continuous order, but an order that's carried out immediately and completed.

The question here is... is erasing the memory:
1. Physically removing the memory completely from the brain
2. A continuous "block" on the particular memory

If it's case 1, then there shouldn't be any time limit.
If it's case 2, then possibly, there could be a time limit, or a way to remove the geass.

Because it hasn't been made clear which is the case, there's no way of knowing what will be the outcome.
Old 2007-01-31, 08:52   Link #253
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Why shouldn't Shirleys memories be permanently erased? We do know that the geass can damage part of the brain so that people forget the geass commands they've been given until they carry it out. So i figure it would be the same for erasure of memories.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 12:08   Link #254
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
you know...viletta had her memories erased as well and surprisingly it manages to come back...so whos to say it wont happen to shirley as well? maybe in season 2 tho ^__^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 12:19   Link #255
Cyz
"Show it to me"

This episode is a little depressing. I guess Shirley's love for Lelouch is stronger than getting revenge no? Still, that last part is definitely a heart breaking moment between Lelouch and Shirley. Oh well, what is done is done
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 12:29   Link #256
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Nope, Viletta's memory didn't came back. All she remember was seeing a boy though a knightmare's monitor. She totally forget everything after that. (She didn't remember handing the boy the knightmare, what the boy does, or anything).

Even though the geass might have duration (well.. if there is at all), I don't think Shirley will get her memory back. Lulu 'erase' her memory, its like using a rubber erasing a writing on a piece of paper. Even if you take the rubber away, the writing is still gone. Rather than thinking that the Geass 'suppress' the memory, I think its actually 'erasing' it. (ofcourse, if the command were to suppress the memory, then Shirley's eye would still be red, suggesting geass is in effect).

In any case, I really hope Shirley memory didn't come back. Or she would start picking up a gun and shoot lulu then kill herself again. She WILL do that and I think its freaking waste of episodes, Lulu is better doing something else at that time. Come on... you are so far away from your father..
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 12:55   Link #257
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Mmm, IMO Shirley's memories were not completely erased. I think that the Geass isn't all that powerful in terms of that. It's more like "putting that memory to sleep" or something like that. Also in Viletta's case, she still has memories of what happened but vague thanx to the effect of the Geass.
Spoiler for Ep. 15:

Should Shirley's memories came back, I don't think she'll go shoot Lelouch again. Note at the last part, she felt guilty of shooting Lelouch. Anyway, that was just my opinions and nothing more
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 17:31   Link #258
Kusaja

quina's "rubber" analogy seems spot on, at least so far...

Quote:
Spoiler for Ep. 15:
Not necessarily....that might be enough to cause suspicions, without having to "trigger" anything or actively undo the effects of the Geass. That would raise a lot of questions, especially for a person with no memory.

In other words, something that actually completely reverses the effects of Lelouch's Geass (or any other kind) has yet to show up at this point in time.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 18:39   Link #259
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Actually I'm more of the notion that Lulu doesn't want to take any chances with suddenly discovering that his geass has limits. If he really believed that he erased every trace permanently, he wouldn't take such lengths to ensure that nothing happens. By doing what he does, I believe he thinks that there is the probability that his geass might get canceled and until he can be sure, he's not leaving it to chance.
Old 2007-01-31, 19:20   Link #260
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
Nope, Viletta's memory didn't came back. All she remember was seeing a boy though a knightmare's monitor. She totally forget everything after that. (She didn't remember handing the boy the knightmare, what the boy does, or anything).

Even though the geass might have duration (well.. if there is at all), I don't think Shirley will get her memory back. Lulu 'erase' her memory, its like using a rubber erasing a writing on a piece of paper. Even if you take the rubber away, the writing is still gone. Rather than thinking that the Geass 'suppress' the memory, I think its actually 'erasing' it. (ofcourse, if the command were to suppress the memory, then Shirley's eye would still be red, suggesting geass is in effect).

In any case, I really hope Shirley memory didn't come back. Or she would start picking up a gun and shoot lulu then kill herself again. She WILL do that and I think its freaking waste of episodes, Lulu is better doing something else at that time. Come on... you are so far away from your father..
but you know even with rubbing out pencil lines you can still see faint line where the pencil mark once was ~ im thinking its like this with lulu's brain erasing ability...

but its true that viletta did show that the only part of her encounter that she remembered was when she saw a "kid" through her screen...but why? didnt lulu erase all her memories from that instant or did her not erase far enough into the past which allowed a half completed picture for viletta to retain?

but but we havent seen shirley sacrafice herself to lulu yet

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote