AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

View Poll Results: Down with post counts?
Yes 47 53.41%
No 41 46.59%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-05, 17:40   Link #81
SirJeannot
AT Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
As Superchop mentioned before the post counts are still visible in the users profiles. So there was no elimination at all.

Edit: I was just thinking , the average of "posts in a day" option they added in the profile next to the post count could be an intresting way to replace it.
not for everyone. don't forget the global crash that happened in august (if i remember correctly)
users that joined before mid-june didn't get their account wiped out. so their "participation rate" is slightly lower
Old 2004-05-05, 19:52   Link #82
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
Animesuki is supposed to be built on a community, you dont do something crazy without first consulting US because in reality, WE ARE ANIMESUKI. US, THE MEMBERS, NOT THE MODS, you guys are just there to inforce rules, you cant just change the rules all of a sudden and say "o were taking away post counts, sorry guys". it cant work that way, it shouldnt be that way. i still stand for the people who still want post counts.

post #632
Old 2004-05-05, 19:57   Link #83
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEkKaShInObI
Animesuki is supposed to be built on a community, you dont do something crazy without first consulting US because in reality, WE ARE ANIMESUKI. US, THE MEMBERS, NOT THE MODS, you guys are just there to inforce rules, you cant just change the rules all of a sudden and say "o were taking away post counts, sorry guys". it cant work that way, it shouldnt be that way. i still stand for the people who still want post counts.

post #632
Did you miss the POLL? This was started because there was post count unrest in the Animesuki community. You still have post counts in the profiles. If your going to take the trouble to put your count in every post, I'm sure you wouldnt mind taking the trouble to click the profile button.
Old 2004-05-05, 20:01   Link #84
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

rEkKaShInObI - the mods didn't "change" the rules as you said...GHD has been wanting to remove the post count since the forum was brought back up...but cause of some problems he wasn't able to...so he didn't "change" it...but it was more of a finally get it done type thing...

and i don't really see what the big deal about having the post count gone from people's posts...it may not be as visible..but it's not to say it's not gone completely...
Old 2004-05-05, 20:26   Link #85
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
rEkKaShInObI - the mods didn't "change" the rules as you said...GHD has been wanting to remove the post count since the forum was brought back up...but cause of some problems he wasn't able to...so he didn't "change" it...but it was more of a finally get it done type thing...

and i don't really see what the big deal about having the post count gone from people's posts...it may not be as visible..but it's not to say it's not gone completely...
If what your saying is true, ill stop, but tell me, why arent the mods involved in this thread? Im sure they have some word in this.
Old 2004-05-05, 20:35   Link #86
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
If what your saying is true, ill stop, but tell me, why arent the mods involved in this thread? Im sure they have some word in this.
Quote:
WE ARE ANIMESUKI. US, THE MEMBERS, NOT THE MODS
*sigh*

So far, you have yet to present an argument as to why keeping post counts would benefit the community as a whole. All I'm reading from you is a bunch of whining and it's getting on my nerves.

Really, this is getting ridiculous. The change that GHDPro is FINAL. If you're so obsessed with knowing people's post counts, I'm sure you can handle the extra click to open their member profiles and read it there.
Old 2004-05-05, 20:41   Link #87
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

rEkKaShInObI - here you go

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...0&postcount=43

it's on page 3 of this very thread
Old 2004-05-05, 20:48   Link #88
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
rEkKaShInObI - here you go

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...0&postcount=43

it's on page 3 of this very thread
i guess its pretty useless. this isnt like me to do such a thing. whats done is for the best right? as long as they dont kill avatars and signatures like gotwoot almost did (my reason for moving here), im fine, as long as they dont do something else like take away custom titles, im fine. as long as they dont redecorate into something nasty, im fine.
Old 2004-05-05, 23:23   Link #89
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
i guess its pretty useless. this isnt like me to do such a thing. whats done is for the best right? as long as they dont kill avatars and signatures like gotwoot almost did (my reason for moving here), im fine, as long as they dont do something else like take away custom titles, im fine. as long as they dont redecorate into something nasty, im fine.
I seriously doubt that they will. It promotes individuality and creativeness. Any who...it's off topic so I will stop.
Old 2004-05-06, 00:06   Link #90
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Nah, we like all that stuff. There's no chance that we'll remove avatars, signatures or custom titles. There is some discussion of redecorating, but if we did that we'd still leave the current skins so that it would be merely an option that you can ignore. The post count is the only thing that we wanted to remove so you don't have to worry about the rest.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-05-06, 00:13   Link #91
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Nah, we like all that stuff. There's no chance that we'll remove avatars, signatures or custom titles. There is some discussion of redecorating, but if we did that we'd still leave the current skins so that it would be merely an option that you can ignore. The post count is the only thing that we wanted to remove so you don't have to worry about the rest.
It gives me satisfaction what no such thing will happen. Will there be any other improvements in the making to the animesuki forums? or more downgrading?
Old 2004-05-06, 00:20   Link #92
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
I'm sure you can handle the extra click to open their member profiles and read it there.
reminds me of a whine and cheeze session (nasty joke ref)

actually i am fucking up quite a bit now. ive mistaken people for one another not sure if it is the absence of PC or if they just changed their AV, one of those screwed me up

Quote:
Nah, we like all that stuff. There's no chance that we'll remove avatars, signatures or custom titles
i would actually like to see a removal of ...

actually no. that would encourage spamming. nevermind about that.

Old 2004-05-06, 13:25   Link #93
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
actually i am fucking up quite a bit now. ive mistaken people for one another not sure if it is the absence of PC or if they just changed their AV, one of those screwed me up

i would actually like to see a removal of ...

actually no. that would encourage spamming. nevermind about that.
Uhmmm, wonder what THAT is all about

Yeah, it was kinda funny some poor guy probably had a heart attack when Hobo thought that guys post was by me

yourl funny Hobo

yet you have me wondering about this last post ?
Old 2004-05-06, 16:14   Link #94
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
AMEN
THANKS
*off to do happy dance while secretly hoping I'll see less post whoring*
I don't see why someone complained about this post.... that it should of been a PM.

This is a public discussion and I'm happy that the mods changed where Post Count now shows up. Although everyone should be having fun and be eager to reply away on this forum, some posts clearly are put up only for some people to feed their EGO.

What makes up a post whore is different to each person, however I have seen a few, and I hope this helps alliviate the problem. I suppose I better start using a spell check my posts before I get banned for bad grammer etc...

The purpose of this thread was to discuss it and give our opinions, and I did. I'm happy the mods changed. I think it would be rude to just ask for a change and not say thanks for their effort
Old 2004-05-06, 17:46   Link #95
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
*off to do happy dance while secretly hoping I'll see less post whoring*
the very fact you double posted means that you are post whoring.

Quote:
Yeah, it was kinda funny some poor guy probably had a heart attack when Hobo thought that guys post was by me
they dont know you well so they dont know how much of an insult that is
Old 2004-05-08, 02:54   Link #96
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Hmmm... I voted no... since post counts are important in relicnews(hosted by vBulletin also)... we use it as ranking points... In relicnews... I have posted so far... 1339... that is why im a Moderator at relicnews forums... I dont know in Animesuk if it shows importance... but all I can say is... Post Counts are important...

PS. Ive joined Relicnews on Feb.2004...
Old 2004-05-10, 09:29   Link #97
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Any1 here knows... Kouji!?... he's the fastest poster i've ever seen so far..., I cant believe it... he just joined on Apr. 2... and after a month... he already achieved... a thousand posts...
Old 2004-05-10, 09:42   Link #98
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
Any1 here knows... Kouji!?... he's the fastest poster i've ever seen so far..., I cant believe it... he just joined on Apr. 2... and after a month... he already achieved... a thousand posts...
Yes, so what?
He's just posting a lot, that's about it! 30.28 posts/day... He must have some relation to gravitation heheh
It's not like having 1000+ posts means you're a god, it's just here for information.
Old 2004-05-10, 10:15   Link #99
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
Hmmm... I voted no... since post counts are important in relicnews(hosted by vBulletin also)... we use it as ranking points... In relicnews... I have posted so far... 1339... that is why im a Moderator at relicnews forums... I dont know in Animesuk if it shows importance... but all I can say is... Post Counts are important...

PS. Ive joined Relicnews on Feb.2004...
Thank god Animesuki is nothing like Relicnews. If there was really a reward system based on how many times you post, it's a sure fire way to encourage spam posting.

A rather silly method to get people to post(what... are they desperate for members?) as well as a poor method to pick the mods. I'd hate to be at the mercy of some 14 year old or younger kid that just posts alot.

Kouji as an example is not what I'd call a good member, he's already broken the spoiler rule in the Naruto forum a few times over- a point for you to know is post counts mean nothing.

I'd still rather it be gone forever but what we have now is at least an improvement from before.
Old 2004-05-10, 10:46   Link #100
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
Thank god Animesuki is nothing like Relicnews. If there was really a reward system based on how many times you post, it's a sure fire way to encourage spam posting.

A rather silly method to get people to post(what... are they desperate for members?) as well as a poor method to pick the mods. I'd hate to be at the mercy of some 14 year old or younger kid that just posts alot.

Kouji as an example is not what I'd call a good member, he's already broken the spoiler rule in the Naruto forum a few times over- a point for you to know is post counts mean nothing.

I'd still rather it be gone forever but what we have now is at least an improvement from before.
I think the problem comes from people like Sid Burn who don't get it.
Post count is just an information, not a reason to spam.
I once lost a certain ammount of post and got a PM from my favorite Squirrel while I didn't even notice it before he PMed me asking me if I had a clue about that.