AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-14, 20:06   Link #101
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
I just finished Avenger, and I must say I'm rather confused, but now I've read a few posts, so It makes a little bit more sense, but I'm still lost here

I didn't quite like the ending, no matter how you look at it, but the music was quite interesting, and overall Avenger was alot better than I expected. 7/10
Old 2004-08-15, 21:53   Link #102
Choogy
Addict

Send a message via AIM to Choogy
I enjoyed it very much...I was able to see it before it was liscensed luckily, as I had read about it and thought it interesting.

It's really well done, I just wish there was more of a story afterwards...Well, it ended perfect, but it could be nice to see a continuation...
Old 2004-10-13, 06:57   Link #103
MartAnimE
willingness to die

This is defenitly so out of time but... regarding the possibility on life on Mars, I've seen a documentary on tv where they said that there was found water on Mars, under solid state of course. So this rocket scientist defended that, in the near future, let's say 50 years, people could travel to Mars. Most important: Mars doesn't have a living human being suportive atmosphere, it's completely frozen and the air doesn't have the essential components that humans need to breath, so it would be impossible for people to go around without any kind of suit, as we see in avenger. But this guy said that if human beings intentionally raised the temperature, kinda like we did on our own planet but much worse, releasing cfcs and the kind, you know, the global warming, Mars's dense atmosphere would be so much damaged that the global warming would start to melt the ice, thus creating water (seas and rivers) on mars, thus creating a life support environment. Of course this is a catastrophic process that would have to cease as soon as the environment could suport human life. With the reappearing of water, the atmosphere would start changing, evaporation would give the atmosphere the components we need to breath, provinient from the water, thus becoming more and more like earth's atmosphere, and I mean in every aspect cuz the red planet would mostly became blue like the earth, because atmosphere reflects the environment, the sky would be blue because of the water, just like in earth. And then people could live on mars as they normally do on earth, in terms of breathing proccess at least... Of course this problem would take like 100 years, and we're talking about massive cfc release, like hundreds of factories continually relesing those cfcs. But, theorically, life on mars can be possible!
I not making up any of this, the guy who said it on tv looked like he knew what he was saying, so I got really exicting and this reminded me of avenger cuz I just loved the anime and I was wondering if life on Mars could possibly became a reality like in that show. After watching that documentary I came to the conclusion that it is, but people on avenger were cheating cuz there was still no natural water, nor any apparent atmosphere modification...
Please don't flame, if you find my post completely irrelevant and/or boring just don't bother to reply
Old 2004-10-13, 07:22   Link #104
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
I thought the ending was excellent. Soooo deep, and so many ways to decipher it! I loved everyone at the end of 13, even Layla, who is pretty hard to like ^^
I think there is an "official explanation" to the ending in an interview with Mashimo Koichi, where he said something like that Layla always wants to protect Nei and that's her sole purpose in life, she's living for Nei, and in return she wants Nei to be hers alone too. But Nei turns out to be the saviour of humanity on Mars, she will become the Eve of a new humanity, she will be everyone's Nei, that's the meaning of her life. So Layla become very despair as she has lost Nei, and she has to go on to find her own meaning of life without Nei.

very weird explanation I have to say
Old 2004-10-13, 08:37   Link #105
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I think there is an "official explanation" to the ending in an interview with Mashimo Koichi, where he said something like that Layla always wants to protect Nei and that's her sole purpose in life, she's living for Nei, and in return she wants Nei to be hers alone too. But Nei turns out to be the saviour of humanity on Mars, she will become the Eve of a new humanity, she will be everyone's Nei, that's the meaning of her life. So Layla become very despair as she has lost Nei, and she has to go on to find her own meaning of life without Nei.

very weird explanation I have to say
I never heard about that "oficial explanation" by Koichi Mashimo but it sure would help me to understand a little more about the chaotic ending... where did you get that? dvd extras maybe? by the way, I know this series was licensed, but are the dvds available for sale already?
Closed Thread