AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-12, 17:51   Link #101
GundamZZ
残念美人

I can't tell the difference yet.
I'm not even half way. I aim to get "all complete". When it's done, everyone will congratulate Junichi in his room. It's a long way to go.

The visual novel is different from the PS2/PSP story. It's more like fan work from the official source.
Tech Gian story events are comparatively few. In EX5, Junichi is like a different person.
Spoiler:
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2011-08-20 at 22:47.
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 20:03   Link #102
Qikz

Finished Rihoko's route and got the best love ending first time. Rihoko. <333
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 06:07   Link #103
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

translation project ongoing for both ps2 and psp version, patch for the first day released, more info and first day patch download on the team forum post here or blog here

screenshot:

Old 2013-01-07, 10:07   Link #104
Okina baby

So, I'm playing the game right now and I'm really enjoying it despite not understanding 99% of the dialogue.

Could anyone explain what's going on when you're talking to one of the girls and you suddenly have to select images that appear at the bottom of the screen?
I suppose they are topics you can talk about?

Is there any strategy to this or do you just have to guess and hope for the best?
I'm doing very well and it's not that hard, but I was wondering if there is some way to tell which option you have to choose next.
Okina baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 13:08   Link #105
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Random Information
Spoiler for Ai:
Yeah, I was always confused about Pharoah's curse in one aspect of Amagami: when you go out with Tsukasa and both of you get attacked by Pharaoh, Tsukasa becomes a child version of herself and Junichi gets turned into a frog. I know this transformation process is related to what the various heroines wish for (Ai wants to become Junichi's favourite thing, so she becomes ramen, Kaoru wants to become Junichi's equal, so she turns into a male version of herself, etc.), but Tsukasa becoming a child and Junichi becoming a frog seems incredibly odd.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 02:42   Link #106
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okina baby View Post
So, I'm playing the game right now and I'm really enjoying it despite not understanding 99% of the dialogue.

Could anyone explain what's going on when you're talking to one of the girls and you suddenly have to select images that appear at the bottom of the screen?
I suppose they are topics you can talk about?

Is there any strategy to this or do you just have to guess and hope for the best?
I'm doing very well and it's not that hard, but I was wondering if there is some way to tell which option you have to choose next.
The images were explained in Japanese wiki. It is quite complex for explanation, so bear with me.
//www36.atwiki.jp/amagami/

The image order is from left to right...up to down. Each image represents one conversation topic.
1. Christmas tree-> general discussion
2. Flash card -> study
3. P.E. cloth -> sports
4. Cell phone -> entertainment
5. Soup -> food
6. Makeup accessory -> fashion
7. Love letter -> Romance
8. Space shuttle -> Ecchi
9. Teddy bear -> Action
10. Jewelry -> Attack

The option 10 is only used if the girl's feeling level about you is reaching the peak. So, you can trigger events, such as kissing belly, kissing stomach, putting hands in the skirt's pocket, being feed by snack, etc. Otherwise, the girl will end the conversation and leave on the spot.

The system is different from other dating game, such as Love Plus. Well, you can counter that Kimikiss and True Love Story are similar. The typical dating game raises flags by building up your own attributes, such as physical fitness, academic standing, work experience, etc. The higher attributes raise girls' feeling about you. This system raises girl's feeling by conversation and events. So, you may hear some gamers commenting that Junichi is a smooth talker. Some conversation is ported to anime. In anime, Tsukasa and Junichi were locked in the storage room. In the room, they talked about their favorite music genre and hobbies. The information was taken from the game's conversation mode.

I thought the explanation could be better understood with the pictures. However, my scanner is acting on me.

I use Nanasaki Ai's route as an example. I use her route because high level conversational skill is MUST to complete her route. She didn't like Junich(you) at first. You have to boost her feeling in the short period of time. Else, her route go straight into the game over path.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Each girl's feeling about you is divided into ladder system. Each ladder represents a time period and a girl's feeling. Your choice of conversational topic is depended on the ladder. During the conversation, your answer is also depended on the girl's emotion. If the girl's emotion is high, you choose the images from row Hi. If the girl's emotion is medium, you choose the images from row Mid. If the girl's emotion is Low, you choose the images from row Low.

Images
from the illustrator's site

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2013-05-17 at 19:48.
Old 2013-01-13, 03:26   Link #107
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Yeah, I was always confused about Pharoah's curse in one aspect of Amagami: when you go out with Tsukasa and both of you get attacked by Pharaoh, Tsukasa becomes a child version of herself and Junichi gets turned into a frog. I know this transformation process is related to what the various heroines wish for (Ai wants to become Junichi's favourite thing, so she becomes ramen, Kaoru wants to become Junichi's equal, so she turns into a male version of herself, etc.), but Tsukasa becoming a child and Junichi becoming a frog seems incredibly odd.
I don't know, either. The official source did not explain Junichi's change. It doesn't seem Japanese board discussed about it. They only explained that Tsukasa wanted to be back to the past. In Tsukasa's bad end, that child version of Tsuaksa shows up in her mind. Next day, Tsukasa tells Junichi that girl is gone. So, it hints that the girl is another her. The game production teams said they spent a lot of time on Tsukasa's story. My take was that they got too tired, and they lost the focus. The child Tsukasa may might be Tuskasa's old self. She expressed her feeling freely. When she grew up, she hid part of her(Black Tsukasa) and displayed some part(White Tsukasa).

My wildest guess is that Junichi is playing the role of "frog prince". According to Brothers Grimm, a prince throws a frog to the wall. It breaks the curse and changes frog back to a prince. In the haunted house, the child Tsukasa throws a frog into the air and catches him. She thinks he can jump. When the frog dropped to the ground, he changed back to Junichi.

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2013-01-13 at 15:58.
Old 2013-01-13, 15:58   Link #108
Mazryonh

Quote:
The game production teams said they spent a lot of time on Tsukasa's story. My hunch was that they got too tired, and they lost the direction.

My wildest guess is that Junichi is playing the role of "frog prince". According to Brothers Grimm, a prince throws a frog to the wall. It breaks the curse and changes frog back to a prince. In the haunted house, the child Tsukasa throws a frog into the air and catches him. She thinks he can jump. When the frog dropped to the ground, he changed back to Junichi.
The scene is quite odd. A video of it is here for reference. Still, it's nice that Kaori Nazuka could voice the Child Tsukasa so well. Becoming a wife and mother (like Tsukasa herself in her good endings) hasn't diminished Nazuka-san's skills one whit.

Another odd (or rather, unexplained in the anime) element is how Tsukasa doesn't like her elder sister Yukari much. You can see a video with her elder sister here. What does the game say about her sister, then? Is Aiko Igarashi (Yukari's seiyuu) going to get some nice roles in the future?

I hear Hibiki got her own route in a fandisc that was sent along with some issues of Tech Gian. Any chance that could get animated?

What is Enterbrain making next? If it's a ren'ai game, is it going to be all ages or 18+?
Old 2013-01-14, 11:53   Link #109
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
What is Enterbrain making next? If it's a ren'ai game, is it going to be all ages or 18+?
Photo Kano is their new love simulation game with Dingo.
With the upcoming PSVita port/add-on Photo Kano Kiss on April 25th, and also with tv anime adaptation along the way starting April.

And since it's originally developed for PSP, it's all ages (well, not really, it got CERO C rating, so it's for 15+ but still SFW )
Old 2013-01-15, 01:31   Link #110
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Photo Kano is their new love simulation game with Dingo.
With the upcoming PSVita port/add-on Photo Kano Kiss on April 25th, and also with tv anime adaptation along the way starting April.

And since it's originally developed for PSP, it's all ages (well, not really, it got CERO C rating, so it's for 15+ but still SFW )
Hmm, the character designs in Photo Kano don't really look as good as those in Kimikiss. What kind of game is it like? Love Plus?
Old 2013-01-15, 02:51   Link #111
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Hmm, the character designs in Photo Kano don't really look as good as those in Kimikiss. What kind of game is it like? Love Plus?
Yeah, I get that often. The 3D CGI rather than classic 2D sprites turn people off

It's love sim with photo session feature, just the title suggested. I only play very few of love sim but I did play Love Plus, so I can say it's different from Love Plus. I wrote a review of the game on my blog, if you interested.
http://bakanki.blogspot.com/2012/08/...roduction.html

As for the characters, their 'type' is quite similar to Amagami's heroines. I can guarantee if the anime is aired (so more people have access to know the story) there will be people who says, "Ah, [insert PK heroine name here] is [insert Amagami heroine name here] only she is [insert the difference here]" or something like that
I also wrote heroines summary if you interested.
http://bakanki.blogspot.com/2012/09/...s-summary.html
Old 2013-01-17, 22:25   Link #112
Mazryonh

Quote:
Yeah, I get that often. The 3D CGI rather than classic 2D sprites turn people off
Well, some of us did like the work of the character designer for Kimikiss and Amagami. I take it their policy is to not reuse any seiyuus from earlier games? I was hoping to hear Ryou Hirohashi or Rie Tanaka again in an Enterbrain game.

Quote:
As for the characters, their 'type' is quite similar to Amagami's heroines. I can guarantee if the anime is aired (so more people have access to know the story) there will be people who says, "Ah, [insert PK heroine name here] is [insert Amagami heroine name here] only she is [insert the difference here]" or something like that [/url]
Thanks a lot for your detailed review. Maybe the scenario writers at Enterbrain are running out of ideas?
Old 2013-01-19, 23:48   Link #113
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
The scene is quite odd. A video of it is here for reference. Still, it's nice that Kaori Nazuka could voice the Child Tsukasa so well. Becoming a wife and mother (like Tsukasa herself in her good endings) hasn't diminished Nazuka-san's skills one whit.

Another odd (or rather, unexplained in the anime) element is how Tsukasa doesn't like her elder sister Yukari much. You can see a video with her elder sister here. What does the game say about her sister, then? Is Aiko Igarashi (Yukari's seiyuu) going to get some nice roles in the future?

I hear Hibiki got her own route in a fandisc that was sent along with some issues of Tech Gian. Any chance that could get animated?

The haunted house incident is supposedly a funny event. Takayama only explained why they made the event for Ai.
Quote:
Q: Why ramen?
Takayama: Because I want protaognist's thumb in the ramen soup. Then, I want Ai says, "Senpai! your thumb dips in!
Q: The protagonist, who is not embarrassed about the situation, is amazing.
Takayama: Because, this time, the policy is, only that place is a grey area. So, everyone is messing around(laugh).
From the interview, I'm guessing that the date in the theme park is an extra story. So, the production staffs are not making the fan disk material. There are many cultural references in the haunted house events. In the anime, they made the ramen event as an explicit sexual exploration. In the game, "dip finger in" has the implicit reference. In ramen restaurant, the waiters take the bowl of ramen to customers. When customers notice waiters' fingers touching the ramen soup, they would complain about fingers dipping in the bowl. In contrast, the staffs do not give away enough information for Tsukasa.

Quote:
Q: Due to the pharoh's curse, the shrinked Tsukasa is cute.
Takayama: I also like that one. The voice actress' performance is very excellent.
Tsukasa indirectly tells Junichi that her parents prefer Yukari. Tsukasa tells a story about a turtle and a rabbit. In her best ending, Tsukasa tells Junichi she gets over the story about a turtle. You can say she is still not grown up. However, Yakayama said that he wishes gamers could interpret it as the protagonist was the only person who understood Tsukasa.

Your video link is referring to Tsukasa's sick event. It is shown in the anime. Basically, Tsukasa is absence from the school. You wants to visit her, but you don't know her where about. Then, you meets Yukari. Yukari leads you to Tuskasa's room. Yukari calls Tsukasa. Tusakasa pretends to sleep. After Yukari leaves the room, Tsukasa gets up and find you around her. She is embarrassed. She is ill, and she thanks you for visiting her.

In another event, Tsuaksa tells you she can't get the good sleep. Because a dog keeps barking in her neighborhood, it keeps her awake. You knows it is Yukari's doing. Yukari is playing with a dog. She tries to feed food to a dog. You wonder if Yukari is out of her mind. I remember the food is chocolate, because the food is poisonous to the dog.

I think Yukari is an interesting person. She has Haruka's personality and Hibiki's brain. Whether sports or study, she is the best in town. Her denpa personality can be dangerous once awhile. Too bad, she is only a supporting character. Someone noticed her character design is inherits from a True Love Story girl(even it's a different name). Technically, she has her own story.

Hibiki's route is alright. I find Maya's route more interesting. Maya is the first Ms. Santa winner! She plays a big part in the school founder's festival history. I don't think the studio has any interest yet.

Enterbrain's main business is publishing. They publish magazines and novels. The game making is their part time job. Amagami is programmed by Bits Laboratory. The art director works for GameCRAB now.

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2013-01-20 at 01:59.
Old 2013-01-25, 20:21   Link #114
Mazryonh

Quote:
Your video link is referring to Tsukasa's sick event. It is shown in the anime. Basically, Tsukasa is absence from the school. You wants to visit her, but you don't know her where about. Then, you meet Yukari. Yukari leads you to Tsukasa's room. Yukari calls Tsukasa. Tusakasa pretends to sleep. After Yukari leaves the room, Tsukasa gets up and find you around her. She is embarrassed. She is ill, and she thanks you for visiting her.
Yeah, but as far as I can remember, the anime version didn't have Tsukasa's cute scream that you hear in the game when she's surprised by Junichi's sudden arrival in her room.

Quote:
I think Yukari is an interesting person. She has Haruka's personality and Hibiki's brain. Whether sports or study, she is the best in town. Her denpa personality can be dangerous once awhile. Too bad, she is only a supporting character. Someone noticed her character design is inherits from a True Love Story girl(even it's a different name). Technically, she has her own story.
Damn, her own route would have been nice to see in animation.

Quote:
Hibiki's route is alright. I find Maya's route more interesting. Maya is the first Ms. Santa winner! She plays a big part in the school founder's festival history. I don't think the studio has any interest yet.
All the more reason why those two routes should have been animated. It's not nice to find out all you've been missing on. Yuu Asakawa's skills are beyond reproach, and it would have been nice to hear Risa Hayamizu acting drunk again.

Quote:
The art director works for GameCRAB now.
Man, did Kisai Takayama fall out with Enterbrain somehow?
Old 2013-01-26, 01:22   Link #115
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
All the more reason why those two routes should have been animated. It's not nice to find out all you've been missing on. Yuu Asakawa's skills are beyond reproach, and it would have been nice to hear Risa Hayamizu acting drunk again.

Man, did Kisai Takayama fall out with Enterbrain somehow?
Yes, we can only hope about those routes.

Enterbrain's parent company went through a major re-org. So, they are still under one big family.

From the illustrator's site:
Images
antagonists

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2013-05-17 at 19:46.
Old 2013-10-28, 11:45   Link #116
Nerroth
NePoi!

Amagami is heading to the PS Vita.
Old 2013-10-30, 11:09   Link #117
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

^Nice. I wonder if this version also includes the Hibiki and Maya routes.
Old 2013-10-31, 13:16   Link #118
Nerroth
NePoi!

There are a few sample pics, as well as a release date, over here.
Old 2013-11-14, 10:19   Link #119
Nerroth
NePoi!

Some more pics, and the cover art, are shown here.
Old 2013-11-15, 01:50   Link #120
aldw

Seriously wish they'd add more content to the Vita version, Hibiki and Maya are way overdue for routes in particular...
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote