AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-05-06, 11:15   Link #42841
Eratas123

Given the current theories, Ichika must have being an IS pilot ingrained in him. That and he DID have some basic training; Ichika mentioned that he tested against some instructors prior to enrolling.
Old 2013-05-06, 11:20   Link #42842
demino_hellsin
That one guy

He... stepped aside while the professor tripped over and smashed headlong into a wall. The whole process would probably take less than 3 minutes of "combat time".
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 11:25   Link #42843
Eratas123

They most likely made him move around regardless of results:/ Or maybe he's just naturally lucky/skilled: Sora from kingdom hearts was able to fight Darkseid in the beginning of KH despite having no prior training. Adrenaline works wonders.
Old 2013-05-06, 11:30   Link #42844
demino_hellsin
That one guy

But Sora play fights a lot on Destiny Island. It's basically their form of videogames/basketball and general addictive youth activity. In fact I believe it was stated that Rikku is the strongest on the island, even compared to adults. Next to him is Wakka or Tidus, the latter of which Sora beats.

He may not have been a keyblade wielder before nor partake of a real life and death battle but his body knows the motions. The weapon is viable for his preferred style. Ichika's only combat skills are brawling and kendo. The latter being something he hasn't done in years.
Old 2013-05-06, 11:39   Link #42845
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Then just don't use the excuse, have his opponent fight competently instead of him fighting impotently.

It's the easy pitfall trap of fighting genre.
Old 2013-05-06, 11:40   Link #42846
Eratas123

He might not have done it for years, but V5 shows his body is in good physical condition and that he knows some martial arts. So he is trained, and his body remembers. I stopped taking Taekwondo over 5 years ago and I still remember the lessons and motions that I was thought, even if I prefer to fight pragmatically nowadays.
Old 2013-05-06, 11:42   Link #42847
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Let me explain it this way.

If I asked you about your martial expertise and you said you were fairly competent. Could you fly a plane?

In Sora's case. He was asked if he knew how to swing a sword. He said he knew. He was given a key the size of a sword.
Old 2013-05-06, 11:44   Link #42848
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No

But can you pilot a plane that work like you think it should?

Because Ichika's issue is he's not able to THINK how to pilot well, flat out stated. His piloting skill develop, but without knowledge he's still league behind everyone else.
Old 2013-05-06, 11:48   Link #42849
Eratas123

Except the IS works physically:/ You fly it using your arms and legs; no complicated buttons or convoluted start up procedures, at least not compared to a plane. A plane isn't equatable to an IS.

Same deal with Roxas: He had amnesia and had nothing but some slight muscle memory. Didn't stop him from being able to break the Twilight Thorn's magic shackles and he was even able to reverse gravity to stop his fall. Lets not even get into the dual keyblade duel with Axel.
Old 2013-05-06, 11:50   Link #42850
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So the less he thinks about how to fly over the better he gets? Is this exclusive to him? If it isn't it'd explain a lot to me.

So kind of like knowing how to run by watching adults walk right as you're doing your baby steps?

Roxas gets into gang wars with Seifer. Before amnesia his whole sentient life was combat(358/2 days). Axel kept appearing to him, a comrade in arms. It'd stimulate more than just a few memories of how to fight. Think PTSD

But you don't flap your arms to fly, nor does kicking off the ground activate your IS' thrusters. How does he know?
Old 2013-05-06, 11:59   Link #42851
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Both of you have merit, so here's an analogy for you two.

Amateur fighter = Knowledge
Street Fighter = Experience
Professional Fighter = Experience + Knowledge

Pro > Street > Amateur

Ichika by V5 is more or less a Street fighter, all experience and little knowledge of fighting. He's better pilot than say, Kiyoka or Honne, but he's still a lesser pilot than his harem, except Houki, who is worse than him.
Old 2013-05-06, 12:00   Link #42852
Eratas123

You know what, we're talking circles. I'm stating the canon as its shown. If that's not good enough for you and you're adamant in putting down Ichika, then fine. Everyone else in this fandom seems to think they'd do 1000x better in Ichika's place.

I didn't know gang wars with foam bats equated to fighting giant monsters with reality bending powers and being able to dual wield effectively. Good to know I can ask the street gangs to fight against Jason when he shows up.
Old 2013-05-06, 12:06   Link #42853
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: I'm not asking about V5. I'm asking about the class rep election fight. Correct me if anything I stated about those specific circumstances that surrounded the event is wrong. But what I originally wanted to know is how would Ichika hold up if he didn't get the sudden "I know how to pilot IS.", and only have Houki's kendo training for the week.

@eras: I nearly forgot how defensive you were about Ichika. Again this is not criticism against the character. I'm asking the alternative.

So you're telling me, that even with only the knowledge of Kendo, his loss would still be under the same circumstances where he's only inches from Cecilia and Yukihira poised to strike and win him the match had he known his shield energy drained as long as the sword was active.

If that is your stance then I won't pursue this any more.
Old 2013-05-06, 12:08   Link #42854
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

There's also Cecilia underestimating him and caught off guard.

In universe, between Ichika's sudden climb of performance and his eventual defeat, there's not much time for her to readjust. She made a LOT of mistake.

Hell, Chifuyu whacked her for getting the stance wrong in the next training scene, not because she didn't know, but because she want to look stylish.

If Cecilia going all out from the start, Ichika is a toast.
Old 2013-05-06, 12:11   Link #42855
Eratas123

Not so much defensive over Ichika as tired of the fandom acting like "What a loser! If that were me I would be doing WAY better and getting all the girls!". Ichika's NOT a good character; I just said yesterday that there was nothing unique about him and he feels more like a caricature than character.

The problem with ichika isn't that he's bad at using the IS, its that he's bad on HOW he uses it. A soldier can be the most adept assault rifle user, but it matters jack all if he chooses to run in spraying. Ichika's a decent pilot; he just chooses to charge in and hope he wins rather than strategizing. Ichika's shown himself to be skilled - its just that he's a retard
Old 2013-05-06, 12:18   Link #42856
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Then this is minima.

The problem never was about Ichika being too bad in the fight Erachi, he was too good in that fight.

Next topic then gents? or will you be turning in for the night?
Old 2013-05-06, 12:21   Link #42857
Eratas123

No, actually, it was mostly the shock factor: Cecilia was shocked that he just shifted and she was distracted. Not to mention that it was quite obvious that she was 'playing' with him. This is a common thing in shounen manga's where the villain underestimates the hero till their power up; then they're boned.
Old 2013-05-06, 12:49   Link #42858
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I suppose there is one good thing I was reminded of. Thank you Eras.
Old 2013-05-06, 23:18   Link #42859
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Would developers of an IS be allowed to keep their tech confidential if they developed the unit elsewhere but field-tests it in ISA?
Old 2013-05-06, 23:44   Link #42860
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Actually canon works like that all the time.

Silent Zephyr is built using data provided by BT, for example.

The only problem with Alaska treaty is testing outside I.S.A.

------

Power level as of Gospel Arc

Spoiler for big:

CQC = Close Quarter Combat Skill
RFX = CQC Reflex
SHT = Shooting Skill
RES = Attack Response
TAC = Tactical Combat Value
STG = Strategic Battle Value

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-05-06 at 23:58.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest