AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-06, 21:15   Link #2161
ellessarr
Banned

all the 6 new bronze armors
Spoiler:

looks like yuna got a "more sex" one this time
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 21:25   Link #2162
cyoti

Given she is sharing space with Souma in the OP, I guess they are dialing back her role in favor of Eden and Subaru since this is more of a kids show for little boys instead of a Precure spinoff with mix gender teams.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 21:35   Link #2163
farios

Spoiler for That smile, i want to protect it...:

The first episode...looks average i guess? Some of the scene just doesn't make sense, what makes Paras (or Titan or whoever that leads the Parasite) thinks that a 3rd class Parasite would be enough to deal with Kouga that has defeated a God? And the character design now resembles the original show, which i think doesn't suits Kouga and co, and i still hates the new Cloth design it's just so stupid..
Old 2013-04-06, 21:47   Link #2164
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post

looks like yuna got a "more sex" one this time
About growths, am I the only one who noted that Koga looks taller and that he has a stronger voice? I mean just compare.

It's like the opposite of what happened with Asgard but the changes in the design go along with a timeskip.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 21:49   Link #2165
xellos2099

I guess that they rewrite the lore on cloth repair guide again. I am pretty sure even if comos reach 7 or 8th sense, cloth don't regenerate by it self unless it is phoneix cloth. So Kouga's cloth
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 22:05   Link #2166
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
Given she is sharing space with Souma in the OP, I guess they are dialing back her role in favor of Eden and Subaru since this is more of a kids show for little boys instead of a Precure spinoff with mix gender teams.
Maybe. That would be a pity. Although the new director is from Heartcatch Precure.

Still, Yuna and Souma always had roughly the same amount of prominence in the previous Omega opening sequences, so it's not as if them having equal prominence in the new opening is anything out of the ordinary. Although in the actual episodes I think towards the end of the series Yuna ended up getting more attention and a more major role, even despite Souma's rather good subplot with Sonia. Man, I want Sonia to not be dead. Come back Soniaaaa.

And Yuna is very popular, more popular than any of the other characters who were first introduced in Omega. (She got 4th place on the poll. Kouga 6th, Ryuho 10th, Eden 11th, Haruto 13th, Souma 14th...) Although popularity shouldn't cause a writer to skew their plots and planning, it also doesn't make sense to shaft the most popular of the new characters.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 22:41   Link #2167
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
Still, Yuna and Souma always had roughly the same amount of prominence in the previous Omega opening sequences, so it's not as if them having equal prominence in the new opening is anything out of the ordinary.
They are more dialing back Yuna and Souma's role to the share that Ryuho and Haruto had in role in season 1. The main 3 are Subaru and Eden and Kouga.

I think Yuna's prominence in the first season is largely due to Reiko Yoshida pushing for the character. Yoshida is pretty much well known for writing female centric characters. Likewise how well Sonia's arc turned out was because of Michiko Yokote. Another strong writer in my opinion.

Quote:
And Yuna is very popular, more popular than any of the other characters who were first introduced in Omega. (She got 4th place on the poll. Kouga 6th, Ryuho 10th, Eden 11th, Haruto 13th, Souma 14th...) Although popularity shouldn't cause a writer to skew their plots and planning, it also doesn't make sense to shaft the most popular of the new characters.
I think this was the reverse in this situation. Yuna and Sonia did well in the polls because their characters were well developed and had some very strong episodes. No one expected the generic precure looking characters to have some of the best characterization in Saint Seiya Omega . Most of us were expecting them to be completely useless and have zero character development. So I think a lot of us were surprised by how they turned out.

Once the new writing team changes focus, I'm sure people will develop new favorites. I think people will even love Subaru and Eden if the writing is good enough.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 23:24   Link #2168
belxebu

belxebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 23:41   Link #2169
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
About growths, am I the only one who noted that Koga looks taller and that he has a stronger voice?

It's like the opposite of what happened with Asgard but the changes in the design go along with a timeskip.
No, i noticed that too.

Just watched a (very fast) sub and i'm really glad the mood remains the same. And considering this episode was done by Yoshitaka Yashima, the worst animation director of the series, and it still managed to look pretty good, things are promising.
Speaking of the art, the character design is definitely more Kurumada-ish now. Not only the cloths, but even the Pallasites' faces and expressions are typical.

About the episode itself, some interesting things. For some reason Kiki considers Paradox dead, and she was the only one he didn't say the name (probably because Paradox was an alias? Or didn't he know her?). Anyway, she's in Athena's premonition, so i guess she just went MIA since Ryuhou pwned her.
I like how Seiya just got himself a new rival, and iirc Titan is the first person to call him "Sagittarius Seiya".
Pallas has an interesting concept - a villain who loves Athena and is reluctant to hurt her? Let's see how they play it out.
The bit with the new Pegasus cloth wasn't really explained, but going by the summaries it seems 54 should touch that. Btw, we can see Kouga arriving at the Sanctuary carrying his box in the preview, which looked nostalgic.

Oh, and i think it's soon to judge the characters' roles based in the opening, since it didn't look to be a final version. They used a lot of scenes from this very episode.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 23:59   Link #2170
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
I guess that they rewrite the lore on cloth repair guide again. I am pretty sure even if comos reach 7 or 8th sense, cloth don't regenerate by it self unless it is phoneix cloth. So Kouga's cloth
cloths can regenerate all their need is a red thing called "blood" who almost saint have enought to fill a big lake specially the one called shiryu the man who can bleed countless gallons of blood and not die, he is the dream of any vampire or blood bank.

the 2 things i want to see grow is in yuna chest :X, maybe to c or d cup :X
Old 2013-04-07, 00:14   Link #2171
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Now that Cosmo Aids is out of the way, I hope they're not going to find excuses to borg down what looks to be the most tightly knit team of 'Athena's Saints' we've seen... wait? ever?

Original Bronze Saints:
Shiryu
Seiya
Shun
Hyouga

New Gold Saints:
Kiki
Harbringer
Fudou
Genbu

New Bronze Saints:
Kouga
Yuna
Souma
Haruto
Ryuho

The "Wildcards":
Paradox
Ikki
Eden

Even ignoring the 3 whom is probably wild-cards at the moment, that is 13 7th Sense Saints on the good side.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 00:16   Link #2172
ellessarr
Banned

here a better screen of the new bronze cloths

ny angel yuna now get "wings" too omg a perfet pair yuna and kouga both have wings and can fly :X
Old 2013-04-07, 00:19   Link #2173
DeathAngelBR
Yuri addict

Spoiler for 52:
DeathAngelBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 00:42   Link #2174
Justin_Brett

Quote:
About the episode itself, some interesting things. For some reason Kiki considers Paradox dead, and she was the only one he didn't say the name (probably because Paradox was an alias? Or didn't he know her?). Anyway, she's in Athena's premonition, so i guess she just went MIA since Ryuhou pwned her.
She'll probably show up at some point to help Ryuho...if it looks like it's a fight she'll win.

Better late than never, though, right?
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 01:04   Link #2175
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
She'll probably show up at some point to help Ryuho...if it looks like it's a fight she'll win.

Better late than never, though, right?
the big question is "how shiryu is using his dragon armor" if him give her to his son(who i forget the name due to how he was important in first season) 2 dragon armors O.o?????
Old 2013-04-07, 05:37   Link #2176
belxebu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
the big question is "how shiryu is using his dragon armor" if him give her to his son(who i forget the name due to how he was important in first season) 2 dragon armors O.o?????
It was a dream man, they don't have to be so logical or exact. For that reason is that that Shun, Shiryu, Hyoga and ikki (yes, Ikki is in the dream too) had their old cloths instead of their Omega Cloths

It seems tha the new Cloth are more like the Divine Version of the Omega Cloths, what it make sense because ALL the Omega Cloths had the Athena's Cosmo infused in them.

By the look of the things the thing that revived the Pegasus Cloth was only Kouga's Cosmo

Last edited by belxebu; 2013-04-07 at 06:38.
belxebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 11:26   Link #2177
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So the wings can be put on too.
Old 2013-04-07, 11:49   Link #2178
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Kouga and Yuna should wear their armored-wings all the time imo. Aren’t those things will add some agility? IIRC Seiya and Rhadamanthys can even fly using theirs.
Old 2013-04-07, 13:28   Link #2179
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Kouga and Yuna should wear their armored-wings all the time imo. Aren’t those things will add some agility? IIRC Seiya and Rhadamanthys can even fly using theirs.
I recall Aiacos saying Ikki perhaps used his wings to fly away from battle.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 16:13   Link #2180
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathAngelBR View Post
Spoiler for 52:
Spoiler for 52:

Tags
action, shounen