AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-09, 09:03   Link #1681
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post

Since all that has been answered, I'll just raise an interesting point. Her spells are electrical, but Fate hasn't actually hurled a thunderbolt per se.
Not against mage, but she did against the drones in the StrikerS manga first chapter in roder to bypass AMF.
Old 2009-09-09, 12:56   Link #1682
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
I don't think Nanoha's brand of magic can make you grow taller by magically turning it into metal to extend a cyborg's metallic frame.
Except that transmutation, mass creation and polymorphing is canon in Nanoha, unless Zafira, Arf and Yuuno aren't canon, and how about all the times that devices gain mass and parts out of nowhere, like when switching between device modes (Gigant and Zerstrung Form for dramatic examples) or Bardiche's Recovery spell (self-repair spell)? Having a magical solution to the Number's age problem is quite reasonable actually.

Of course, if you don't need magic to solve the problem, then why should you? A special combination of hormonal and cellular therapy for the biological parts + upgrades for the mechanical parts should allow cyborgs to grow nicely without the need for magic.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-09-09, 13:17   Link #1683
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
It's canon that devices use subspace pockets for parts storage and overall storage. Yuuno, familiars and unison devices is in question though...

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2009-09-09, 13:45   Link #1684
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Except that transmutation, mass creation and polymorphing is canon in Nanoha, unless Zafira, Arf and Yuuno aren't canon, and how about all the times that devices gain mass and parts out of nowhere, like when switching between device modes (Gigant and Zerstrung Form for dramatic examples) or Bardiche's Recovery spell (self-repair spell)? Having a magical solution to the Number's age problem is quite reasonable actually.

Of course, if you don't need magic to solve the problem, then why should you? A special combination of hormonal and cellular therapy for the biological parts + upgrades for the mechanical parts should allow cyborgs to grow nicely without the need for magic.
Well, actually, maybe nyan is on the impression that polymorphing !=! growing via magic.

Also, you should count what reinforce do to hayate as much closer to the actual goal of the number than those examples (we actually se her getting bigger, and not the 'going to light and changing shap' the other do).
Old 2009-09-09, 14:17   Link #1685
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
It's canon that devices use subspace pockets for parts storage and overall storage. Yuuno, familiars and unison devices is in question though...
It's canon? Must've missed that... where is that noted?
Old 2009-09-09, 14:54   Link #1686
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
It's canon? Must've missed that... where is that noted?
Not sure where but there was mention that full weight of Levantein parts of .5 ton + how Acous kept his cake + many other things. I'm think that there was direct reference too, but my memory is not that good about that.

Old 2009-09-09, 14:56   Link #1687
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I know Acous stores his cakes somewhere, but the rest?

Though even so, that doesn't help the earlier noted auto-repair. That's still mass creation. Adding to that conjured physical projectiles as well.
Old 2009-09-09, 15:03   Link #1688
Arkeus

Quote:
I know Acous stores his cakes somewhere, but the rest?

Though even so, that doesn't help the earlier noted auto-repair. That's still mass creation. Adding to that conjured physical projectiles as well.
uh... in first season, where were the jewel seed stored?

Or where was Fate "stored" in A's (book of darkness).
Old 2009-09-09, 15:03   Link #1689
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Quote:
Ehm... Auto-repair using existing in canon nanobots and/or stored parts and/or matter manipulation is not mass creation. Vita projectiles can be easily kept in subspace pocket with rest of her device.

Old 2009-09-09, 15:15   Link #1690
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
uh... in first season, where were the jewel seed stored?

Or where was Fate "stored" in A's (book of darkness).
Yeah, like I said, I know subspace exists, but where is it stated all the parts for Devices are stored there? I highly doubt Raising Heart just so happened to have a cute magical girl design stored in subspace that coincidentally matched Nanoha's imagination, or a cute magical girl costume to match it.

Quote:
Ehm... Auto-repair using existing in canon nanobots and/or stored parts and/or matter manipulation is not mass creation.
Nanobots are cyborg tech though, and hardly as instantaneous as what Fate used to fix Bardiche.

Quote:
Vita projectiles can be easily kept in subspace pocket with rest of her device.
So every conjured projectile is conveniently stored in subspace? Now I'm really curious as to your source, this sounds like theorycrafting to me. Remember, this is the FAQ, not the tech thread. We need facts here, not theories.
Old 2009-09-09, 15:26   Link #1691
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Yeah, like I said, I know subspace exists, but where is it stated all the parts for Devices are stored there? I highly doubt Raising Heart just so happened to have a cute magical girl design stored in subspace that coincidentally matched Nanoha's imagination, or a cute magical girl costume to match it.
It could store raw materials, if you must avoid mass creation.
Old 2009-09-09, 15:37   Link #1692
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Quote:
So every conjured projectile is conveniently stored in subspace? Now I'm really curious as to your source, this sounds like theorycrafting to me. Remember, this is the FAQ, not the tech thread. We need facts here, not theories.
Itsmagick'ing is no less theory and shouldn't be here too, lol. So... will we continue discussion in Magic and Tech thread?

Old 2009-09-09, 15:39   Link #1693
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yeah, probably, either theory has its support but no real factual statements.
Old 2009-09-09, 15:57   Link #1694
Arkeus

Quote:
Yeah, probably, either theory has its support but no real factual statements.
Well, Shari was actually modifying Subaru's barrier jacket design via a program, so the design are there... as for whether or not the materials are there, it's obviously becasue yuuno comes from the future (vivio's son) and knew what to give nanoha.

Or, more seriously, it's probably a good part of it can be created on the spot. It, however, does have mass (Subaru's barrier jacket weigth was mentionned).
Old 2009-09-09, 16:27   Link #1695
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
it's obviously becasue yuuno comes from the future (vivio's son
*Repeated headbang* This is not even M&T stuff... WHY?

Old 2009-09-09, 17:41   Link #1696
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Ehhh just ask them now. Otherwise they'll nag you in the back of your mind forever.
I guess I'll do that then. =D

Quote:
Hugging you is fine too :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
We'll have to be talking about a few different stages of the wars depicting the Belkans though...

1000 years ago - Warring Period of Belka. Not sure when it ended
300 years ago - End of the Sanky Kaiser Unification War. Not sure when it started.
One thing to take note of is that there is a certain period of time between that thousand and 300 years that the Belkan homeworld got destroyed, it's people got scattered across the dimensions and settling down. Then one day some bonker decided to revive the glory of the Belkans and started the Unification War until it ended 300 years ago.
WHOA! This information is useful for my fanfic. Thanks!

I guess I've been missing a lot of stuff regarding the Nanoha universe this whole time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
[
Besides, your smilies (more like avatars!!!) are proof that Fate does not need electricity to give people heart attacks.
lol. I guess so.

Anyway, here are my last questions.

1. Did Al Hazard fell into ruins around the same time as the Belkan War?

2. Jewel Seeds. If I remember correctly, its a lost logia that GRANTS the wishes of those who gathered all twelve of it.
Is that true? What's the possibility of it being just a legend instead? Considering that Precia-mama was somewhat screwed up in the head, I'm not surprised if she believed such folklore...

3. So basically, the reason why Fate's opponents never gets electrocuted is because of the barrier jackets/Armors that are worn by her adversaries, am I correct? If so, what if the attack landed
on a section of the body where the skin is clearly exposed and not covered by the barrier jacket itself? Would those poor souls get a shocking experience?

4. What are Artificial Mages exactly? How are they different from the products of Project F?

5. Vivio's bunny...its cute isn't it? j/k
In which category of devices does it belong to? Is it an intelligent device?

6. Why did some of the numbers joined the TSAB? Is there any particular reason for it?

7. Is the TSAB severely understaffed? I'm quite curious since they hired several of their former fearsome enemies that caused them a lot of headaches. Since some of the numbers decided to join them, aren't the TSAB officials worried if the cyborgs will betray them later on?
I mean, the numbers switched sides even though they spent more time with Jail, they kinda ditched him at the end of the series in spite of the fact that he's the one who made them. Do they have any sense of loyalty at all? Also, was it mentioned in the Drama CDs and articles whether the numbers are in constant surveilance or experienced discrimination from other TSAB staff?

8. Last question, from what we've seen so far, Fate and others need their devices in order to change into their barrier jackets or am I wrong? If not, then how does Yuuno change to his barrier jacket? He doesn't have a device after all. Does anyone know?

9. Okay, okay, I guess that wasn't last question. In the first deployment of the forwards, why does everyone jump off from the heli and transform? Is it mandatory for them to be off the ground or any solid platform in order to activate their transformation sequence? Isn't it much safer and rational if they transform inside or do it before they leave their headquarters instead? I mean, they're completely exposed, aren't they worried if the enemies have snipers lurking around?

I haven't listened to the Drama CD's nor have read the japanese articles of the Nanoha series. Since we have some members here that have done so, I thought its a great opportunity for me to ask my questions in this thread.

I considered rewatching the whole series to find some of the answers myself but I don't have a lot of time in my hands right now.

Anyway, that's all the questions that I have currently. If I caused any inconvenience on your part, I apologize. Also thank you for all the responses. They were very helpful.
Old 2009-09-09, 18:00   Link #1697
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate T Harlaown View Post
1. Did Al Hazard fell into ruins around the same time as the Belkan War?
Nope, long before that.

Quote:
2. Jewel Seeds. If I remember correctly, its a lost logia that GRANTS the wishes of those who gathered all twelve of it.
Is that true? What's the possibility of it being just a legend instead? Considering that Precia-mama was somewhat screwed up in the head, I'm not surprised if she believed such folklore...
'Wish granting' in the purest sense is impossible in the Nanohaverse, but they would provide the owner with an ungodly amount of power. You can do lots of things with that. Like the kitty that wanted to be bigger, and was enlarged by the magical energies in the seed.

Quote:
3. So basically, the reason why Fate's opponents never gets electrocuted is because of the barrier jackets/Armors that are worn by her adversaries, am I correct? If so, what if the attack landed
on a section of the body where the skin is clearly exposed and not covered by the barrier jacket itself? Would those poor souls get a shocking experience?
The Jackets generate fields and barriers that provide full-body protection (hence why front guard Subaru gets away with a top as armor), so no.

Quote:
4. What are Artificial Mages exactly? How are they different from the products of Project F?
Well... not by much. The only difference is that Project F are artificial mages with memories implanted on them from their predecessor.

Quote:
5. Vivio's bunny...its cute isn't it? j/k
In which category of devices does it belong to? Is it an intelligent device?
Yes.

Quote:
6. Why did some of the numbers joined the TSAB? Is there any particular reason for it?
Like Fate and the Wolkies, they realized the error of their ways and wanted to better themselves.

Quote:
7. Is the TSAB severely understaffed?
In terms of powerful mages, yes.

Quote:
I'm quite curious since they hired several of their former fearsome enemies that caused them a lot of headaches. Since some of the numbers decided to join them, aren't the TSAB officials worried if the cyborgs will betray them later on?
Unknown, but seeing how they chose to hire them, probably not. The numbers were victims just like Fate.

Quote:
I mean, the numbers switched sides even though they spent more time with Jail, they kinda ditched him at the end of the series in spite of the fact that he's the one who made them. Do they have any sense of loyalty at all? Also, was it mentioned in the Drama CDs and articles whether the numbers are in constant surveilance or experienced discrimination from other TSAB staff?
Surveillance, yes. Discrimination, no. In fact, Nove already has a number of admirers in the martial arts circle, and Deed is quite popular at the Saint Church.

As for their loyalty... yes, they do. They are vastly loyal to their friends and family. Several of them are now part of the Nakajima family.

Quote:
8. Last question, from what we've seen so far, Fate and others need their devices in order to change into their barrier jackets or am I wrong? If not, then how does Yuuno change to his barrier jacket? He doesn't have a device after all. Does anyone know?
It's not even known whether Yuuno even has a Barrier Jacket to begin with.

Quote:
9. Okay, okay, I guess that wasn't last question. In the first deployment of the forwards, why does everyone jump off from the heli and transform? Is it mandatory for them to be off the ground or any solid platform in order to activate their transformation sequence? Isn't it much safer and rational if they transform inside or do it before they leave their headquarters instead? I mean, they're completely exposed, aren't they worried if the enemies have snipers lurking around?
It looked cool. That's really the only true reason behind it. A few episodes later they transformed on solid ground.
Old 2009-09-09, 18:10   Link #1698
Arkeus

Quote:
Nope, long before that.

It's not even known whether Yuuno even has a Barrier Jacket to begin with.

An argument was made that we only saw Yuuno's cape in combat, so he may have one.

Also, Barrier Jacket were explained as a group of fields and barriers focused on the clothing, so there is no reason they would need their device to activate similar effects (after all, they do use those effects without them).
Old 2009-09-17, 19:27   Link #1699
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Hey, guys...

What's Zafira's "pointy stabby things of light" called?

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2009-09-17, 21:51   Link #1700
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Iron Yoke. Excellent spell, good for impaling the incoming army and obstructing the road.

Signature by liro
Closed Thread