Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-30, 20:10   Link #621
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I'm very upset at Kaaya. I thought there was more reason other than "you might not come home if you proceed"

When you enter the tower of druaga you're already signing a contract that reads "there a very high change that I might be killed, especially on higher levels"

So for her to steal the key that everyone has fought so hard for and zap them back to ground level without giving any explanation is a cruel betrayal.

Think about how the party felt? They lost comrades and sacrificed so much only to be literally washed away. They were being used. That's demoralizing.

Compare to this with Jil who gave Utu and Fatina a chance if they wanted to proceed or not.

manners and decency makes a huge difference.
Except she knew he would follow her so to save him she sent him away. But the true reason for it.. I expected it to be a little more complex. And I guess she is cooperating with Neeba since they both benefit from the same goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCLemon View Post
I hope the mechanics concerning Gilgamesh's immmortality are better explained in the later episodes. Right now, we have no idea why...

1. One Gilgamesh ages, while the other doesn't.

2. If the two Gilgameshs are separate entities (possibly through splitting his soul. Horcruxes, anyone?), completely unaware of the other's current state, or controlled by the same consciousness. It seems to be the latter, given how the two of them finish each other's sentences.

On a completely unrelated note, does young Gil remind anybody of the hero from Tales of Vesperia?
Getting old and frail is part of the curse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
you guys are missing the point that 'no return' does not refer to the possibility of being killed if you don't succeed. the idea of one way ticket is that even if you do make it you are(probably) not gonna get back alive.
Ki said they won't return alive.

And those troops just going on in. It didn't even stay long enough the first time for Jil to jump on and this time there's a spiral staircase.
Old 2009-01-30, 20:26   Link #622
FuzzyWuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
awesome

Jil has the awesomess sword i have ever seen!

Spoiler for OMFG!!!!:

also Weeeeeeeeee new dungeon new enemies

hmm aint this what wee call the "?" dungeon where in every time you finish a game new areas are unlocked
Chain sword. Not
Spoiler for OMFG!!!!:

Anyway, for the betrayal and stuff, Jil shouldn't feel any anger or pain from the betrayal. His main purpose or main reason for climbing the tower is to "play the hero". It doesn't matter if there was a treasure or not on top of it. Melt, Coopa and the girl with the spear I think her name is abbey should feel pain and anger since they risked their lives for a treasure they didn't acquire or get. What's even worse is that the treasure doesn't even exist. Jil got his treasure, he went from a weak person to a strong one. He played the best role ever- he played the main character, the hero of the story also. Jil shouldn't have any regrets.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-30, 20:38   Link #623
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega-kun View Post
MILF (TEA)TIME^^

So this is what Kaaya might somewhat look like when she's all grown up, huh?

Come on gil, save her and have some kids with her!

Quote:
I'm very upset at Kaaya. I thought there was more reason other than "you might not come home if you proceed"
Hmm....well the way l see it...is
Kaaya initially was concern with her mission at hand...and didn't expect to become attached to her group.....or that she would fall for jil, lose a friend and so on. Having already felt the pain of losing a friend she most likely didn't want her loved one to die as well.

btw, since when did kaaya steal anything?
oh wait...she might be guilty of stealing jil's heart
poor fatina....

Last edited by Manji Midou; 2009-01-30 at 20:52.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-30, 20:40   Link #624
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Normally, I'd say that that's bs and believe that most of the main cast WILL come back because standard action-adventure fantasy animes like this always give such premonitions only for it to fall to needless worry, as the hero, through sheer determination, the love and trust of his friends, and the hope of humanity causes him(or her/they) to surpass the realm of reality and obtain the power to overturn the catastrophic calamity that he is faced at the end of the series and miraculously preseveres through seemingly impossible odds. But taking into account how quickly Kally died, I kinda have my doubts.

And yes, the run-on sentence was intentional .
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-30, 20:45   Link #625
Voitan

You can still defeat the tower I presume and come out alive much like how Gilgamesh did, just not so certain about your friends coming with you.

On the otherhand they could live in the tower comfortably for the rest of their lives.
Voitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-30, 21:15   Link #626
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona
The whole first episode was supposed to be a joke, but still I see some truth in it so far. Enough to believe it was supposed to tell what will happen in the second season.
Preaching to the choir my friend. Heck, it was even me who first brought up the idea that there might be more than what meets the eye in the dream in S1EP1 in this forum... that because S1 follows very closely to what actually happened in the first half of the dream, it might very well be the actual plotline for the entire show (barring obvious jokes of course).

Anyways, in regards to the dream, it was done in half parody fashion. As such, one has to discern which parts are obviously put there, literally, just for the lulz and differentiate them from those that might actually be a clue for future events.

And with that said, I really do think the 'I am your father' part was one of the former, because it's so obviously references one of the most well known plot twists of recent history. Of course I can be wrong (Jil/Neeba's father might very well be the evil mastermind behind all the events), but I seriously doubt it. This is because, as I said, that plot twist is very famous... so much so that if Druaga follows it, it runs a very high risk of being labeled as a rip off of that movie. And I, for one, think too highly of Gatoh Shoji for him to make that mistake.

Quote:
IIRC (but i could be wrong), Neeba is his Half Brother. And there is no proof so far that diminish the possibility that:

- Jil was adopted.
If Neeba is his Half Brother, then that alone means Jil couldn't have been adopted. Definition of adopt: Adoption is the act of legally placing a child with a parent or parents other than those to whom they were born. And if you didn't know already, Jil/Neeba are half brothers through sharing the same father, and thus Jil couldn't have been adopted since he was under the care of his blood-related father.

Quote:
- Jil's father is blood related to gilgamesh and Ki in some way (example: son of one of Gil's sons who were supposed to be dead). I doubt that Kayaa is Gil's daughter, rather her granddaughter.
Well, the latest episode had Ki flatly stating outright that there is only one living being that share her and Gil's blood. And considering that Ki is a spirit that knows too much for her own good, I'd take her word over any conspiracy theory that links Jil to Gil/Ki, especially when those theories are bullet-ridden with holes.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-30, 22:27   Link #627
BrokenWingz

Juggling through quotes and replying in spoiler forms can get rather complicated at times.

Spoiler for reply Frostfire:

Last edited by BrokenWingz; 2009-01-30 at 22:49.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 01:53   Link #628
Molenir

Quote:
If Neeba is his Half Brother, then that alone means Jil couldn't have been adopted.
This is actually not true. As an example, lets say you get married, have a kid, and your husband dies. You get remarried, and have another kid with the new husband. The 2 children are half-siblings. Your new husband adopts the first kid...

Alternatively, Jils dad could have had an affair, and Jil is the bastard product of their union. He later decides to legalize him, and formally adopts him into the family. This would make him Neeba's half brother again. Adoption isn't as cut and dried as you make it out to be.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 02:33   Link #629
Frostfire
No Eyes

Before I crash for the night, my reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz View Post
Juggling through quotes and replying in spoiler forms can get rather complicated at times.
Spoiler for Reply:
Frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 03:02   Link #630
Key Board
Carbon

I had things to say, but Frostfire already went over them.

I'll just add that some of the worst things committed by men had the best intentions in mind. Justification is a very dangerous word.

On another note, I would have been slightly more sympathetic if Kaaya left behind a letter for everyone to read explaining her actions, but she didn't even do that.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 06:23   Link #631
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

sigh will jill get thier ass handed to them or will the kick ass in a BAD ASS way........

will the golden knight die due to thier stupidity (i hope so)
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 07:45   Link #632
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

From the flashback about Jil learning that dance we saw Neeba looking at it from a distance and learning that way. That makes me think that Jil is the son of the king and queen and Neeba is the son of lets say a mistress or something. Because of that Neeba isn't treated like Jil even though he is older.
Old 2009-01-31, 08:14   Link #633
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
true she did say that, but she isn't an omnipotent god or anything like that. so its not like its written in stone that there is no way to return.
you shouldn't be too trusting in whats being told to you in a series.

Quote:
Well, the latest episode had Ki flatly stating outright that there is only one living being that share her and Gil's blood. And considering that Ki is a spirit that knows too much for her own good, I'd take her word over any conspiracy theory that links Jil to Gil/Ki, especially when those theories are bullet-ridden with holes.
she said kaaya is the only person who has both her blood and gil's blood.
that doesn't cover all the bases :P
half brothers\sisters are fairly common in that kind of setting.

i didn't read the entire discussion about rather what kaaya did was right or wrong.
but i will just say that its fairly futile to try and argue throu it.
its a fairly philosophical discussion.

its basically "does people have the right to prevent someone from getting himself killed"

if you saw someone about to jump of a roof would you stop him?
probably yes right?

and what about someone about to drive on a bike in 200mph during a late night wile its raining?(lets say for arguments sake that its impossible for him to kill anyone by crashing said bike).
you would probably still stop him right?

if you had a terminal illness and you knew you friend will sell everything that he owns and spend all of his time to try and cure you. would you prevent him from doing so by not telling him?

and i can go on and on. all these examples show a conflict of principles, there is no "right" and "wrong" in that case. its only a matter of what you think is more important.
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 11:25   Link #634
BrokenWingz

Quote:
I had things to say, but Frostfire already went over them.

I'll just add that some of the worst things committed by men had the best intentions in mind. Justification is a very dangerous word.

On another note, I would have been slightly more sympathetic if Kaaya left behind a letter for everyone to read explaining her actions, but she didn't even do that.
Writing a letter in such circumstance seems rather unrealistic.... I suppose if she knew before hand it would be possible but keep in mind Jil was chosen to accompany Kaaya to the top but the sudden abrupt changes meant there was no time to do such menial task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfire
Before I crash for the night, my reply:
which reminds me I keep thinking of frostfire bolt when I read your user name lol. (no offense) but at least I'm having fun posting on in this thread for the time being.

Spoiler for reply:

Last edited by BrokenWingz; 2009-01-31 at 12:08.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 11:36   Link #635
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
This is actually not true. As an example, lets say you get married, have a kid, and your husband dies. You get remarried, and have another kid with the new husband. The 2 children are half-siblings. Your new husband adopts the first kid...
Nope, that is not technically adoption. The husband did NOT adopt the first kid... he merely became the kid's step-father.

Quote:
Alternatively, Jils dad could have had an affair, and Jil is the bastard product of their union. He later decides to legalize him, and formally adopts him into the family. This would make him Neeba's half brother again.
All the dad did was legalize the child, which is a VERY FAR cry from adopting him. He's merely taking up the parental duties and responsibilities that was on him in the first place.

Also, whether or not Jil is accepted by his father as his own son, that wouldn't change the fact that he is Neeba's half brother by blood.

Quote:
Adoption isn't as cut and dried as you make it out to be.
Adoption, in the definition IS a cut-and-dried matter. I don't even know why this is in debate, because then your English definition of 'adopt' would be different from the rest of the world's English definition of 'adopt'.

Seriously now, if someone said they were adopted, don't you naturally assume that they are NOT any of their parent's biological child? You don't see anyone with a step-parent saying they're adopted, now do you? In the same way, an adopted child never says that their adoptive parents are their step-parents. It just doesn't work that way, I'm sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu
she said kaaya is the only person who has both her blood and gil's blood.
that doesn't cover all the bases :P
half brothers\sisters are fairly common in that kind of setting.
For this to be true, either Ki must have had a kid with a man other than Gil, or Gil must have had another kid with a woman that's not Ki. And tell me, did the show even so much as hint either case? While there is no evidence to contradict it, there is also none to support it. As such, this goes into speculation territory at best, and thus has almost no believability as far as theories goes.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 11:49   Link #636
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
true she did say that, but she isn't an omnipotent god or anything like that. so its not like its written in stone that there is no way to return.
you shouldn't be too trusting in whats being told to you in a series.
I just wanted to point out that they didn't say 'no return' rather 'not return alive' - I'm sure they'll find a way of coming back in one piece although there will be some sort of price to pay.
Old 2009-01-31, 13:36   Link #637
TrueKnight

Awesome Ep 4 is awesome. Drastically change the series atmosphere in a good way. Now we have bunch of political stuff involving the role of Gilgamesh as an 'icon' and deterrent for Uruk's Kingdom surrounding and the Sumar faction who seems wishes to restore their empire to former glory. Gotta feel sorry for Gilgamesh with his curse of immortality resulting him seeing never ending conflicts and betrayals which resulted on the deaths of his loved ones while he himself survived. No wonder the good and just inside him decays with time.

Jil proved himself to be a badass once again with his whip-sword soul calibur style and manage to slay fake Druaga second time in a row with the help of his gang.

Ki was surprisingly carefree and fun to watch.

Melt well is Melt with his selfish attitude but that’s what made him unique and interested, not to mention he cares for Coopa so he’s still awesome.

Kelb is searching the secrets of God and found them with tragic results. Oh man I’m waiting for Kelb making a badass comeback in the Land of Shadows/Mythical Tower whatever saving Jil’s ass.

So many things happened in ep 4 which are presented decently in my opinion. Now all they have to do is tell us in the future what the hell are the coffins Pazus’ brought in the Tower in S1, so far all we now that it has a mechanical girl loli and who the hell released them? I’m waiting in excitements lol.

And seriously what's with Jil and Kaaya are brother-sister blood related? So far proof indicates that Jil is son of Marka from Larsa, whom in S1 intends to restore his father tainted name by climbing the tower and becoming a hero.

Kaaya as we predicted is royalty, the descendant of King Gilgamesh and his Queen Ki.

Neeba is his half brother who's mother probably a mistress or concubine or someting or it could be that Neeba's a bastard child, and because of that seems to despise Jil to a certain extent because of their situation. What his connection of the Sumar faction is unknown or probably he has his own agenda.

Ep 4 made me root for Jil and Kaaya more, hell yeah badass hero and tragic princess ftw! Can’t wait to see the look in Kaaya’s face when Jil’s enter the stage saying ‘I’m coming for your, baby!’. Fatina well she can go back with Neeba I guess or with Utu.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 17:11   Link #638
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Kelb is searching the secrets of God and found them with tragic results. Oh man I’m waiting for Kelb making a badass comeback in the Land of Shadows/Mythical Tower whatever saving Jil’s ass.
How is he going to get there? Unless Jil leaves the door to the tower open the whole time.
Old 2009-01-31, 22:30   Link #639
Molenir

Quote:
Quote:
Nope, that is not technically adoption. The husband did NOT adopt the first kid... he merely became the kid's step-father.

Quote:
Alternatively, Jils dad could have had an affair, and Jil is the bastard product of their union. He later decides to legalize him, and formally adopts him into the family. This would make him Neeba's half brother again.
All the dad did was legalize the child, which is a VERY FAR cry from adopting him. He's merely taking up the parental duties and responsibilities that was on him in the first place.

Also, whether or not Jil is accepted by his father as his own son, that wouldn't change the fact that he is Neeba's half brother by blood.

Quote:
Adoption isn't as cut and dried as you make it out to be.
Adoption, in the definition IS a cut-and-dried matter. I don't even know why this is in debate, because then your English definition of 'adopt' would be different from the rest of the world's English definition of 'adopt'.

Seriously now, if someone said they were adopted, don't you naturally assume that they are NOT any of their parent's biological child? You don't see anyone with a step-parent saying they're adopted, now do you? In the same way, an adopted child never says that their adoptive parents are their step-parents. It just doesn't work that way, I'm sorry.
Getting into the ins and outs of adoption isn't really something I particularly want to do, however, what you seem to fail to understand, is that this is a Japanese anime. They have these things called family registers. When you marry someone, you are entered into their family register. Children are enrolled in family registers when they are born. However, children of different fathers or parents, or bastard children, are not automatically entered into family registers. If and when they are, then they are formally adopted. So what I said previously was correct. A child could be outside the family, but of the same blood. The family deciding to legitimize him, enters him into the registry, thus he is adopted, even though he is of the same blood. Or, the mother could remarry, bringing her child, who is then adopted into the family as well.

Having said this, its kind of getting of topic here, so I'll drop it from here on out.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 01:49   Link #640
kujoe
from head to heel

I don't know... I find the whole drama surrounding Kaaya's betrayal and her intentions to be so.. so... utterly needless, in terms of the very premise of it.

All she had to do was find honest-to-god comrades who are willing to climb to the top of the tower with her and beat the guardian with her true intentions already known to them from the very beginning. If she had simply told the truth, then none of this drama would even be here.

I find all these schemes so needless in the face of the actual reason behind them. For something such as this, an ally had to die and the people who banded together with tooth and nail to slay an unstoppable monster were all flushed down from the tower. The reason behind the lengths that Kaaya had to go through, even going as far as watching Neeba doing the same to his own party and letting him shoot Jil for the rod, just seems so underwhelming.

I guess I was expecting something more than just "a one way trip to the next tower and that's why you can't go."
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, gonzo, rpg