5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-08-30, 06:58   Link #81
Reekon

Hitagi really knows how to make a grand entrance. And as usual, I loved the dialogue exchanges and resolutions in this ep. Nice that they've tied the issues not just with the promises from the last 2 eps, but also even going back to ep 5 with the honesty promise.
Over-all, simply another excellent ep. =)
Reekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 07:04   Link #82
asrielchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
Anyway, novel readers. What's up with Kanbaru's hand at the end? Is it still that fugly hairy thing underneath? Cuz bandage +1 but that hairy arm -100...
I interpret the arm as her paying the price for getting some part of her wish granted. After all her wish is to stay by Hitagi's side plus killing koyomi.
Old 2009-08-30, 08:01   Link #83
Zetsubo
著述遮断

I told you people.

This is why I hate the Kanbaru character.

She is a wicked hearted person.

A hypocrite. Hiding behind that cheerfulness.

A lot of "genki girls" are like that.

Cruel inside, Smiling outside.

Die Kanbaru, let Hitagi murder you !!!!
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 09:08   Link #84
RedWing

I haven't given a Perfect 10 on this site for a while but damn this ep deserved it.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 09:39   Link #85
Ottocycle

"Banshi ni ataisuru wa"

I love that line, both as a reference and on its own. So crisp.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 09:50   Link #86
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Not a novel reader, yet; but from what I gathered, the wish was nulled, not the possession ...
Really? I thought the logic was... unable to grant wish = breach of contract... therefore termination of contract due to the breach...

Am I wrong? I thought that's usually what happens when someone doesn't follow the terms stated... well, there could be penalties and fines instead of a total dissolution... but isn't that the lawyer loophole logic Araragi was talking about?

Anyway, summing it up the way I saw it...
unable to fulfill duties (the wish) = breach of contract (the two parties, Kanbaru/Rainey Devil) = termination of contract with settlement fee (Kanbaru lives, Rainey Devil deforms hand)
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 10:06   Link #87
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

wOW Araragi got his ass whupped real bad. Dammit I wanted to see him kick some ass.

Still it was a great episode! 10/10!
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 10:06   Link #88
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Arararararagi is officially nuts...I had my doubts in the past but now it is confirmed, he is mental.

But! His actions can all be explained with this:
Spoiler:

But this is the first time I've ever heard of someone powering up by having his blood being sucked...shouldn't it be the other way round?

Oh and I really liked this episode. The first was as expected gruesome and the special effects here worked really well. Really? Ararararagi had his intestines pulled out? OUCH!
No matter what kind of body he has, that is rather insane

I wonder if we would ever see him with his full vampire powers, I really want to see him kicks ass just once as opposed to getting his ass kicked all the time.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 10:08   Link #89
Major1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
I told you people.

This is why I hate the Kanbaru character.

She is a wicked hearted person.

A hypocrite. Hiding behind that cheerfulness.

A lot of "genki girls" are like that.

Cruel inside, Smiling outside.

Die Kanbaru, let Hitagi murder you !!!!
Well that's sort of the "twist" of the whole arc - the Monkey's Paw story is that your wishes get granted in somewhat roundabout ways you really don't want (i.e. instead of making Kanbaru fast, it made every one else slow by hurting them). As it turns out, the Rainy Devil actually grants your wish, but it gives you *exactly* what you really want deep down inside, and not what you think you want (i.e. Kanbaru really didn't want to be fast, she wanted to hurt those people who had made fun of her).

But then again, while the insidiousness of the Monkey's Paw was the way it granted your wishes, the insidiousness of the Rainy Devil is that it grants you exactly what your subconscious wants - and part of the point is that everyone sometimes has "dark" wishes deep down.
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 10:12   Link #90
Zetsubo
著述遮断

i can just imagine what kanbaru would do to koyomi had he taken her sex bait, and slept with her.
Old 2009-08-30, 10:16   Link #91
d-one

well I like Kanbaru after see this ep.

maybe because IT IS easier to feel her pain and struggling

to see someone you love reject you but then see her with other people happily, to have dark feeling despite what you show at the outside, it really understandable for me since I have that feeling too

that's why it makes me like her character better since I can understand her.

...... is this makes me gonna get a rainy devil too?
d-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 10:26   Link #92
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-one View Post
well I like Kanbaru after see this ep.

maybe because IT IS easier to feel her pain and struggling

to see someone you love reject you but then see her with other people happily, to have dark feeling despite what you show at the outside, it really understandable for me since I have that feeling too

that's why it makes me like her character better since I can understand her.

...... is this makes me gonna get a rainy devil too?
<begin tease>

Yes !

And when the object of your affection finds out how much hate you have in you.

When they find out the dark thoughts you have.

Especially toward their lover, it will only make them (your unrequited love) hate you more.

So you not only loose once, you loose twice.

</end tease>

Seriously, there are only two only reasons Senjougahara hugged and reunited with Kanbaru.

1 / She wanted to support Araragi and his desire to help others. She knows good women support their men. Even if the man is an idiot.

Kanbaru was pissed at that... and I am glad... puts her in her place.

2 / Because she did not want to have to kill Kanbaru.

Which Araragi knew Hitagi would try to do if he had told her hypocrite Kanbaru was the one who messed him up at the train tracks.
Old 2009-08-30, 11:05   Link #93
d-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
<begin tease>

Yes !

And when the object of your affection finds out how much hate you have in you.

When they find out the dark thoughts you have.

Especially toward their lover, it will only make them (your unrequited love) hate you more.

So you not only loose once, you loose twice.

</end tease>
no I don't mean to that degree. I just saying that people have a dark side including me and normally they won't show that dark side to any people.

that dark side doesn't mean it must be really evil thought but just having some ominous feeling is already enough
d-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 12:09   Link #94
Johnny
Working the bags...

Great episode as always...

My dark side comes to the surface if someone snags my last dr. pepper...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 13:01   Link #95
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I love how Bakemono treats the end of every arc like it's the final episode in the series, giving it the montage treatment through the credits and filling you up to date with what happens after everything, it's a really great touch.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 13:02   Link #96
Semantics
Ahhh, the irony.

I love arc-ending episodes. That is all.

Oh, and Senjougahara saved the day in her own special way. I was skeptical about the realism of Araragi's character after seeing how extreme he can go to be that person who saves all. His empathy knows no bounds. At this rate, he'll shoot straight to martyrdom before the series ends.

Artistic gore is strangely more disturbing than regular gore. And epic fanservice at the end gets much kudoes from me. Loli vamp scene as well. I think Senjougahara acts that way towards Suruga at the end because that's the best way of offering proper closure, both to Suruga and herself. She can't bring herself to hate Suruga despite her almost killing Araragi; Senjougahara wasn't exactly blameless in this situation as well and they were once the Valhara combo after all. There are some residual feelings of friendship at the very least.

On another note, I'm loving Senjougahara's unique method of showing love and affection, even though it might seem bizarre and unexplainable to some. It's even better when Araragi is clearly on the same page and understands her actions. Rarely do you see such interesting and unconventional dynamics between a couple. (since Horo and Lawrence I guess?) Very much looking forward to more.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 13:15   Link #97
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
But this is the first time I've ever heard of someone powering up by having his blood being sucked...shouldn't it be the other way round?
Well one of the more common vampire lore is that they suck your blood and you turn to a vampire. Turn to vampire = power up!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 14:13   Link #98
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Loved the episode, eventhough the fight and Senjougahara coming to the rescue both felt a bit rushed.

Then again, it could all have been me just wanting to see the episode last a bit longer.
Old 2009-08-30, 14:24   Link #99
Ninjacat

Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
Finally saw it. Really dark episode. Dark lighting, sinister shots, music out of silent hill...

That show really likes to explore the complexities of the human condition isn't it? Suruga had become a sports star out of fear of what could happen to her rivals if she stayed on the track team, she was completely willing to cut off her arm for Araragi's safety... Yet part of her really wanted to massacre Araragi.

Araragi did pretty well during the fight, considering what he was up against.
Ninjacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 14:56   Link #100
Lummie

Lol, i am quite suprised that Hitagi requested of Kanbaru to pick up Araragi from home. It doesn't have any meaning now... does it?
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote