AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-22, 03:04   Link #421
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

Another fun episode, Erio is as cute as ever, but it was sad to hear why she always has the futon. Looking forward to next weeks episode.
Old 2011-04-22, 03:53   Link #422
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I really have huge hunches that this series will be more serious by Episode 6 or 7. My guess might actually be late by 2 episodes, as Meme is already appearing as an antagonist in my eyes.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 04:52   Link #423
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I really have huge hunches that this series will be more serious by Episode 6 or 7. My guess might actually be late by 2 episodes, as Meme is already appearing as an antagonist in my eyes.
antagonist how?

From sound of it, it will have some serious in it later, I just hope it doesn't get too heavy.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 06:37   Link #424
Ashaman

After all the good things that happened to him this episode, he is still in the minuses!?

Unbelievable.

The moon thing - as if her trying to fly with a bike wasn't blantent enough,
Old 2011-04-22, 06:43   Link #425
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I haven't read the light novels but I'm pretty sure Meme is just a parent that doesn't understand her daughter. I can't see this series going sad or dramatic.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 07:11   Link #426
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I meant antagonist in the relative sense. Erio's probably the product of a broken family (that "George" guy and Meme) and Meme thinks that it's better ignoring her because she — like her relationship with George — is accidental. Besides, Meme seems to enjoy being single.

Might be overthinking it, tho.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 07:36   Link #427
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Wow, Ryouko was a lot cuter than she is in the opening (dat fang :3 ). Another thing that surprised me about her is that she was pretty normal, at least compared to the other girls. She has a fun and energetic personality. I thought she'd be among the craziest girl of the cast. Well, maybe she is and we just haven't seen it yet. I'm a bit suspicious about the club attends, somehow I doubt it's something as ordinary as a basket or drama club.

The tall girl whose name I didn't catch was as eccentric as expected. She walks around at night dressed a sandwich (I'd eat it) for fun. Yep, denpa alright.

I don't think the show is going to take a serious turn , but it could indeed easily happen. It's obvious Erio didn't spend those six months riding a rainbow unicorn. Something so traumatic happened to her she erased her memories and convinced herself she's an alien. If the show decided to delve into what truly happened, it could lead to some intense drama. Moreover, her delusions aren't all fun and games, they can be pretty dangerous for her as we witnessed in this episode. She almost got herself killed twice already. This makes me once again question Meme's attitude towards her daughter. How can she treat her like this knowing how vulnerable she is? She's competing with Ohana's mom for mother of the year.

Anyway, highly enjoyable episode. Need more.
Old 2011-04-22, 11:15   Link #428
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

EP2:

Absolutely awesome. This episode puts it right up there with the really good shows this season. His interactions with the new girls were a breath of fresh air, right down to the complicated way of talking everyone in this show seems to have ( ...:[ )
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 11:31   Link #429
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Theory for heavy plot.
Spoiler for theory:
Old 2011-04-22, 11:38   Link #430
klare

till now there dont seem to be any supernatural/aliens spotted yet

i think Erio is lucky to only broke her leg in that bike flying attempt

eps 2 is still fun, will continue to follow
Old 2011-04-22, 11:59   Link #431
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

the win meter is about to overflow due to over win of this anime
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 12:46   Link #432
JediNight
キズランダム

I was rather ambivalent on the show after ep1, but it rebounded nicely after ep2. Explaining the cause of Erio's denpa behavior was very good, if not rather sad and tragic. I am hoping that the MC is a catalyst towards healing for Erio and helps her make friends with some of the people in their class/grade as the episodes go by.

Ryouko looks like she could be a good friend for Erio if she happens to be visiting the MC one day and meets her, for example.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 14:07   Link #433
Candyshark

Just catch up with the show. Erio delivers more legshots than headtilts. There is something offputting about character design for me. Maybe it reminds me too much about those dolls of newborn little girls drag around. The show building plenty of questions. definitely looking forward how Makoto, a boy with no resistance and zero counter abilities gonna deal with Erio's antics from now on?
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 14:36   Link #434
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 2:
Old 2011-04-22, 15:25   Link #435
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Erio and her storyline aren't cutting it for me so far. But I like Maekawa-san a lot - that girl's a keeper. Nice chemistry with Makoto, too.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 15:54   Link #436
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Eri’s babel is hardly worth giving attention, and her mattress-with-legs act is starting to get annoying. Aside from the Erio stupidity moments I like everything else in the episode, the yaeba-girl in particular.
Old 2011-04-22, 19:18   Link #437
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Really looking forward to how they are going to take this series. Still liking all the cute noises Erio makes and his new female friends in class are interesting...
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 21:30   Link #438
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm liking this show a lot. Erio is smarter than I thought, and certainly Makoto is. His asides remind me of Kyon in Haruhi or the lead guy in Bakemonogatari. Gives him a bit of individuality and distance.

But Ryouko and Maekawa-san also did a lot to make ep2 so entertaining for me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 21:31   Link #439
Elestia

Eh, the second episode didn't really catch me like it did in the first episode. Maybe it's because of the character's they introduced really felt bland and uninteresting. The overall dialogue was kinda boring too.

I like Erio more wrapped in a futon with her slurred speech, than without. I'm just weird like that.
Elestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 21:34   Link #440
JediNight
キズランダム

I felt it was the opposite, honestly. Much more interesting finding out why Erio is denpa than watching a fishroll stumble around for 24mins and make muffled inane banter that makes her seem daft.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aliens, ecchi, light novel adaptation, romance, school life, seinen, shaft, shounen, slice of life