AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 42 33.07%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 51 40.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 15.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.79%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-24, 05:20   Link #141
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp_zer0 View Post
I miss the musician humor. Now it's about the club and cosplay

It's still awesome though.
It's a slice of life school anime at heart, with musical themes. So naturally it's about the club first and foremost. I'm sure with a new member that musical humor is likely to return next episode. Also musical humor can make this show stand out a little more from other slice of life school animes.

Can I just say as well, a new song with Mio and Yui singing duet has to be the episodes main highlight along with Azusa joining the club.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Old 2009-05-24, 08:51   Link #142
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Azusa gets properly introduced in the next ep. Can't wait.
Old 2009-05-24, 09:52   Link #143
Fran~
floating away...

What's the point?.

Haruhi lasts 30 min, if you sleep 8 hours, you still have 11 hours and 30 minutes to go to school, college or work and still you will have enough time to watch K-On...

I mean... it is not like if you watch Haruhi you can't watch anything else...

Anime is for fun, not just watch the best of the best. As Yui said: Fun things are fun, period.
Old 2009-05-24, 10:28   Link #144
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
does that mean that Yui is a Haruhist?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2009-05-24, 10:46   Link #145
Fran~
floating away...

Looking how Yui acts... probably
Old 2009-05-24, 11:25   Link #146
ShinkuChou
The Crimson ButterFly

Send a message via Yahoo to ShinkuChou
I personally thought the episode was awsome i want to know if the cagayake! are going to realese an album even know there songs are really werid i would like them to realese an album but anyway about the episode i thought it was frekaing funny.
Old 2009-05-24, 11:33   Link #147
ShinkuChou
The Crimson ButterFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Azusa gets properly introduced in the next ep. Can't wait.
Well she be part of the band or is she just going to be like an addtional char for the anime? Im just curios really.
Old 2009-05-24, 12:13   Link #148
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNDAM H.E.X. View Post
does that mean that Yui is a Haruhist?

No it means that people need to get a life already. (not directing it at you in particularily GUNDAM H.E.X.)

Loads of us watch more than 1 anime. Lots of us watch more than 1 from the same studio in one season. I was watching both ONAs and K-ON! in the same season.

It nice that people love Haruhi but saying that others are going to ditch other titles because it's a superior title is another thing. There are also lots of titles out that are better than Haruhi like Shin Mazinger Z, Requiem of the Phantom, Eden of the East and Guin Saga for example. Spice and Wolf 2 also starts in July.

Heck, we can even pull out Kaiba, EVA 1.0 and Denno Coil and rewatch them instead.

And... Genius Party Beyond just got released.

Are the Haruhi fans saying that people are dumping Haruhi for these titles?
Old 2009-05-24, 12:13   Link #149
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well she did say she wanted to join the club.
Old 2009-05-24, 12:19   Link #150
ShinkuChou
The Crimson ButterFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well she did say she wanted to join the club.
Thats very true i guess the real question im trying to get is more along the lines is she a permant person in the band that just hasn't made an apperance till now or what i just wanna know what shes gonna play or if she is going to sing.
Old 2009-05-24, 12:21   Link #151
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Since she was looking at the jazz club, I'd say just play. Typical jazz students want to play, not sing.
Old 2009-05-24, 12:57   Link #152
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanseo View Post
i am new to this series so don't flame me but is this a shojo or slice of life or romance comedy anime?
Slice of Life, all about joining a pop band in high school
Old 2009-05-24, 13:01   Link #153
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Episode 8 is a vast improvement from the last and also I'm amazed that they finally shown the live performance instead of a MTV PV. Atleast Kyoani didn't abuse Mio's shyness too this time.

Rating: 9/10

Full Episode 8 Reaction
You know, I'm surprised at all the praise heaped on the fact that they showed the concert.

Am I the only one who noticed the fact that there was always a head or something blocking the view of the fingers on the instruments? I think the only exception was a distant shot that left things too vague to see the fingering.

Now I'm not complaining, I understand that there is an animation budget, not to mention they are doing 2 series at once. But compared to say, the S1 Haruhi Live Live episode, the depiction of the concert was much less detailed.

I think I actually preferred the MTV style video.
Old 2009-05-24, 14:37   Link #154
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

We'll get our over the top animated concert of pure awesomeness on the last episode.

Maybe.
Old 2009-05-24, 14:43   Link #155
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post

It nice that people love Haruhi but saying that others are going to ditch other titles because it's a superior title is another thing. There are also lots of titles out that are better than Haruhi like Shin Mazinger Z, Requiem of the Phantom, Eden of the East and Guin Saga for example. Spice and Wolf 2 also starts in July.
I don't get or like that either. It's one thing to be excited and be a fan of something that's just come back on the air, but it's another to play yourself and speak for others like all are Kyoani/Haruhi fanatics and put down other shows and studios for the sake of holding Haruhi or K-On up. It really diminishes the works of other studios when it totally doesn't have to and is kind of insulting to people that might just not care for a certain type of genre. I too subscribe to the fun for the sake of fun when watching anime rule and I have my favourites, but I don't see it as a matter of what's the best and try to project that idea as if it should be the same for everybody.
Old 2009-05-24, 15:34   Link #156
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Some people have complained about the reusing of jokes this episode.

I think they miss the point. These reused jokes were funny not because we got to see them again, but because we got to see the reaction of a potential recruit at her first exposure to these proclivities that we have all become used to.

I thought it hilarious to watch her becoming visibly more and more concerned about this club, wondering if it's really a good club to join. Yui being so clumsy, Ritsu looking cool- only to get chewed out by Nodaka, and then Mugi... Not to mention the sensei eying you with cosplay in mind.

Then Mio walks in wearing the maid outfit and suddenly it's "kawaii" and all smiles again.

Is there anything Mio in a maid outfit can't cure?

Too bad they shifted to track suits and lost the Mio moe factor which was the only thing left attracting that prospect at the time.
Old 2009-05-24, 15:44   Link #157
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post

I think they miss the point. These reused jokes were funny not because we got to see them again, but because we got to see the reaction of a potential recruit at her first exposure to these proclivities that we have all become used to.
Yes, they introduced something new into the mix to put a bit of a new spin on the same old gags, but it's more of a patch then a fix for what has started becoming a stale set of gag routines. The best bet for future episodes would be to totally overhaul the K-On clubs routine.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2009-05-24 at 16:01.
Old 2009-05-24, 18:08   Link #158
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Thumbs up

I liked this episode and continue to enjoy the series as a whole overall. There are lots of preconceptions flying around this forum about how "this show should have more of this, or less of that" and that's fine, but I think it only fair to give the show it's chance to develop.

For me the pacing has been very good, we see a club re-form from nothing and over time the participants become more and more invested in its survival. Sure there are lots of scenes of tea drinking and cake jokes, but with each show, the band is getting a little tighter by measure. We look at the girls only from the perspective of the club and club related activities, and now, more and more, we witness practicing, an expanding song list, another "live" a new member joining. SO taken as a whole, the pace is picking up a bit and we are seeing an ever growing seriousness about what was just a fun way to pass the time and "belong" for each of the girls. I see this as completely intentional and expect, as some have suggested that the final scene in the series will take place onstage at Budokan. Heck, I'd REALLY expect the final scene will be backstage at Budokan and the end credits will roll over their performance, which may just turn out to be a "live" version of Don't say Lazy.

Listening to the music and the ability displayed in playing it, its clear that they are getting better and better, but that the sophistication is not near yet what Don't Say Lazy is, so to me, we are witnessing just what I postulated on another thread, that the displaying of the music is secondary to the "making of the band/behind the scenes", developing maturity aspect of the show. We are seeing the history of this band play out in front of us. Its fun and I really like it as a concept.

In this episode it was nice to watch the non-verbal communications circling around Ui and Azusa in particular. While the other girls once again called out the obvious in Yui & Ui's relationship, this wasn't necessary to the narrative, since the audience was smacked over the head with it from the visuals... but that seems to be something that director want's to play out. That the other members are observing what we are and playing it out for all of the cuteness they can milk from it. Contrast this with the uncomfortable passive comments Ui's friend made about the K-on. The understated physical excitement she witnessed from Azusa in the back of the auditorium... the implied non-verbal indecision Azusa presented at even trying to decide whether to approach the K-on as an candidate club to join... Really nice and well animated moments all.

And even with this, the animation in general seemed a little rushed in places in this eps... Some of the hands, and general proportions of the chara were off model (something that has been reasonably consistant so far.) Not that it really detracted, but it was noticable. Overall though a nice addition to the series. I'm also looking forward to seeing where this show goes and if it will continue to build, or slide back on common ground. So far its a pretty fun journey.
Old 2009-05-24, 18:29   Link #159
Kyourin
garbage collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
Heck, I'd REALLY expect the final scene will be backstage at Budokan and the end credits will roll over their performance, which may just turn out to be a "live" version of Don't say Lazy.
wow a very good sense of direction there ^w^

just imagining it makes me excited XD Though it's just sad .. why does it end up in only 13 episodes TwT
Old 2009-05-24, 19:20   Link #160
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Because if it goes beyond 13 at this stage, the back eps will stink.