AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 26 [Extra 2] Rating
Perfect 10 41 58.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 24.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 10.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.43%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-08, 13:15   Link #101
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
Captain Nakano and the Red-Shirt Band
That band name is so getting my vote.
Old 2010-10-09, 12:37   Link #102
Iketsu31425
T.H.A.N.K

Was utterly Surprised by the movie announcement, after seeing what they did with the Haruhi Movie I have High hopes, except it may just be a re-cap, my instincts are leaning towards re-cap but my hopes are with new chapter.
Old 2010-10-10, 09:58   Link #103
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

This episode oozes awesome. Well, there's that yuri tease at the start, funny stuff all throughout, heartwarming Sawako stuff (the girls are in her first homeroom class, and the club that she moderates, of course they will have a special place in her heart), and the awesome new Light Music Club. I'd like to point out that this is the same trio that, earlier in the season, made the rain stop falling and the sun shine through by merely playing a simple tune. This episode, they made the sunset cast a warm glow over the symbolic run of the seniors (as expounded earlier in this thread) with their Fuwa Fuwa Time. It's that awesome.

The light music club will live on, and it is in good hands.

Also, subliminal message says: buy more K-ON blu ray discs.
Old 2010-10-12, 05:26   Link #104
NakanoAzusa
KeiOnBu Bucho

It still really bugs me...after their live concert on the school festival, didn't they say they be performing for the freshman too??
Old 2010-10-12, 06:33   Link #105
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakanoAzusa View Post
It still really bugs me...after their live concert on the school festival, didn't they say they be performing for the freshman too??
Well yeah, but they also said they'd be enjoying the club room's air conditioner in the summer, have a training camp and have a great concert on next year's school festival. In other words, stuff that would only happen if they didn't graduate.
Old 2010-10-13, 15:28   Link #106
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Send a message via MSN to WBoon
Man, only after 22 episodes of mob-blobbing around (after episode 4) did they return to the usual tsukkomi Mio that I liked. But hah, as much as his statement kinda irks me (), GMT was kinda right about Mio's half-ass excuse not to enter Sawako's house. And I'm not too liking the ending as well (with Mio's silliness of not jumping up with the others; looks to me like KyoAni was struggling with the decision whether to do a second-pantsu shot) - but this episode is definitely a much better representation of Mio in so many months. T_T

Heh, it actually takes an AO episode for KyoAno to get it right. Or, I guess they decided, "What the heck. Since this is an AO episode, I guess we could do a little charity and give Mio some dignity." Yui's back to her naive and artless self, Ritsu back to her boke but practical self. Tsumugi's still S2 Tsumugi, though. But, there was almost a Mio/Azusa moment squeezed out. Dx This is a goldmine for fans of the S1 K-On.

Yes, the dark-aura of Mio was definitely a little exaggerated for a reality-based anime, but like I said, the return to the tsukkomi/boke act was definitely fun (okay, so I kinda enjoyed a little bit Ritsu being head-whacked again, after the immense turn of votes in the 'Favorite Character' thread ).

An 8 for the episode. Since the movie is kinda AO, I'll look forward to it, too, I guess... but I'm sure more Mio's character treatment would be inferior once again. Ah well. You salvage what you can find.
Old 2010-10-15, 15:46   Link #107
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

A rather amusing episode with Yui trying to get the picture replaced, Yui imagining what Sawako's apartment was like, their method for dividing up the chores to be done, and Azusa's worried calling to Sawako , and I was very happy to see Azusa practicing with Ui and Jun near the end of the episode. And the nice part of seeing them care for Sawako, overall a very well balanced episode that earns a 10 from me.
MAL
Old 2010-10-15, 16:14   Link #108
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

As an extra episode, this one really feels like a proper ending IMO love that running through the hallway scene with the new Fuwa-fuwa Time BGM. It feels like they passed the baton to the new generation of Keionbu.

Also lol @ the some Blu-ray/DVD cover references

Mugi's joke about her body resistance from the manga is cut here T_T but that's definitely should be done considering the focus of this episode. The extension that shows Sawako's views about her students is well-made, I think.

But really... throughout the whole season 2, It feels like the format of the band is like 4+1 instead of 5 people.

Last edited by Ryonea; 2010-10-15 at 16:20. Reason: Forgot to add something :p
Old 2010-10-15, 16:26   Link #109
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Send a message via MSN to WBoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
But really... throughout the whole season 2, It feels like the format of the band is like 4+1 instead of 5 people.
I know, right? I know it's to keep things more realistic, but gawd, I miss the old days in S1 when Mio and Azusa could actually hang out together properly with the other HTT members.
Old 2010-10-15, 16:38   Link #110
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, but even in the first season, Azusa joined on the 9th episode which is already halfway of the series. And in season 2 the gap between the senior and junior is widened again, especially in the 4th and 5th episode where we got 2 episodes on the same timeline but with different point of view. Her time is so short.
Old 2010-10-15, 17:33   Link #111
zette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Exactly. I know that they wanted to emphasize on the fact that Azusa will be alone after the original four graduate for maximum emotional impact during the finale, but it sucks to see the original four having so much fun during curriculum time and stuff, and Azusa being left out. At least the scenes with Azusa/Ui/Jun were good though.
Old 2010-10-17, 18:08   Link #112
Rem0rse

Awesome Episode!! Loved the way it ended haha~

Can't wait for the movie, My face was just.. d(O)_(O)b at that scene lol.

HTT,KeiOn, We Will NEVER, EVER Forget You, Even Though It's Your Last Year... It Is Not The End For Any Of You~
Old 2010-10-17, 19:25   Link #113
Tri-ring

Looks as if K-ON is going to have another extra episode installed in Vol 9 DVD to be released on Mar.16, 2011.
Old 2010-10-19, 08:34   Link #114
NakanoAzusa
KeiOnBu Bucho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Looks as if K-ON is going to have another extra episode installed in Vol 9 DVD to be released on Mar.16, 2011.
Yeah!!!! Its shown in the Official net!!