AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-05-16, 14:04   Link #1
sixpercent
Nihon Otaku

Send a message via AIM to sixpercent
Karaoke Help thread

Ok i got question for any sub group, its a little off topic, but you are the people to ask. I was just wonderign what program any of you use to make the subs with karaoke and such. I just wanna do it for personal use k thx.
sixpercent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 14:11   Link #2
TaMz
ninj4 from the north

Send a message via MSN to TaMz
SSA does the trick...
there's a "Karaoke Mode" option under the "Timing" menu...
TaMz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 00:21   Link #3
sixpercent
Nihon Otaku

thanks.. but umm do you know where i could download it cuz i cant find it anywhere.
Old 2004-05-17, 00:34   Link #4
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpercent
thanks.. but umm do you know where i could download it cuz i cant find it anywhere.
Go into Google and type "Sub Station Alpha"
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 01:51   Link #5
lamer_de

SSa is a bit hard to find, cause the official site is no longer and the 1st/2nd page of hits only link to mirrors that are down. Use http://www.filemirrors.com to track the file down, you can find it with the search term "ssa" there.

CU,
lamer_de
Old 2004-05-17, 01:56   Link #6
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamer_de
SSa is a bit hard to find, cause the official site is no longer and the 1st/2nd page of hits only link to mirrors that are down. Use http://www.filemirrors.com to track the file down, you can find it with the search term "ssa" there.

CU,
lamer_de
Whoops, I actually meant to say "SubStation Alpha", with Substation being one word. The first hit brings you to a site that lists it. A download link there brings you to a mirror.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 21:56   Link #7
Kasshin
Kasshin X Kasshin

Send a message via ICQ to Kasshin Send a message via AIM to Kasshin Send a message via MSN to Kasshin
If you want to be walked through step by step for karaoke timing, I've made a guide here.
Kasshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 09:44   Link #8
Weirdanzeige
Anti-You

didn't an encoder post a line of code that you can put in the source code so it'll do that?
Weirdanzeige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 09:52   Link #9
K_R
also known as K!

That's a really cool guide.
K_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 23:31   Link #10
Kasshin
Kasshin X Kasshin

Send a message via ICQ to Kasshin Send a message via AIM to Kasshin Send a message via MSN to Kasshin
Thanks. I've been trying out flash for tutorials lately because you can have pictures and text in one single .swf file (great for TDCCing). Theoretically, .doc works too, but that's blocked on some IRC servers, and doesn't have some interactiveness that flash provides.
Kasshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 05:13   Link #11
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Yeah, that's a nice turorial for basic karaoke (I wish I had that earlier this year, haha).

I avoid karaoke mode like a plauge of Windows ME boxs though. It seems to be harder to get your timing perfect in karaoke mode, than it is to just time it manually. I seem to see a lot of karaoke in fansubs that looks like my attempts from when I was using karaoke mode for about 5 minutes too.

But hey, whatever works for you...

Simple karaoke is well... simple anyway. It's when I started learning about the other vobsub effects is when I stoped bothering with it - too complicated 0_o
SirCanealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 15:17   Link #12
sixpercent
Nihon Otaku

thanksvery much guys big help, and great guide there
Old 2004-05-30, 21:26   Link #13
Eahawk
unknown

uhm, and how can we put effects on it? for example the text is fading, getting bigger (or my favorites in naruto ep 78 or later by anbu-aone)
and how can we make the karaoke text vertical?
Eahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 23:11   Link #14
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eahawk
uhm, and how can we put effects on it? for example the text is fading, getting bigger (or my favorites in naruto ep 78 or later by anbu-aone)
and how can we make the karaoke text vertical?
I'll borrow a line or rather a paragraph or two from the best guide I have ever found on TextSub and SSA effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphineX
--------------------------------------------------
16) {\t([<t1>,<t2>,][<accel>,]<style modifiers>)}
--------------------------------------------------

This function deserves a mini section for itself. Transform is the most powerful tool that could be used with many other style modifiers, they include:

\c,\1-4c,\alpha,\1-4a,\fs,\fr,\fscx,\fscy,\fsp,\bord,\shad,\clip

What transform does, is that it calculates various points between the current setting and the change that will happen with <style modifiers>. Creating a short animation of the transformation from the original to the new override.

The [<t1>,<t2>,] is a very useful option that you could add. Without this, the transformation will start from the "start time" and end at the "End time" specified by the timing of the line. With it, it'd start from <t1> (offset from "Start Time" in ms) and continues for <t2> length of time.

The [<accel>] is also an optional value that if it is between 0 and 1, the transformation starts fast and ends slow. If its greater than 1, it'd start slow and ends fast. It would always be balanced since a set amount of time is given to the transformation to be finished.

<style modifers> is not an optional value and must be set. I'd give what each style transformation will do.

\c = changes from the original color to the new color
\a = gradually disappear or reappear
\fs = the font size gradually grows or shrinks
\fr = the word rotates to the new degree set
\fscx = the word shrinks or grow fatter gradually
\fscy = the word grows shorter or taller gradually
\fsp = the word goes apart or comes together gradually
\bord = the word gets more border or less border gradually
\shad = the word's shadow comes closer or goes away further gradually
\clip = the area thats being clipped happens slowly

The coolest thing about transformation is the ability to do as many transformation as you like in a given SSA line. You can make a word shrink, blow up, disappear, reappear, change color, glow, rotate all over the place in one single line (an example of this in the next section). You can also use [<t1>,<t2>,] to make transformations happen in sequences in a given line. The start time is 5 second and the end time is 15 seconds. Within this 10 second frame, in the 1st second, you can make the word grow, in the 2nd second, you can make the word return to the original shape then start rotating, in the 3rd second, you can make the word rotate in another axis as you make the word shrink while it disappears. Imagine the possibilities.

Another cool thing is to use {\r} in conjunction with {\t} transformations. In a karaoke, sometimes, you want something to only happen to one single word, and not all of them. With {\r} you could make the transformation happen to the first word of the sentence only!
Using the transformation command allows one to create incredibly complex and stylized karaokes much like the ones used on ANBU-AonE's Naruto releases. A word of caution is due, while you can make very impressive karaokes this way, it is very time consuming to do so.

As for vertical text along the sides, using the {\frz(degree)} will usually acomplish the desired effect.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 06:30   Link #15
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Hmm... that looks interesting. Might have have the link to the full guide? It wouldn't suprise me if it had a few things I didn't know...
Old 2004-05-31, 06:39   Link #16
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCanealot
Hmm... that looks interesting. Might have have the link to the full guide? It wouldn't suprise me if it had a few things I didn't know...
http://members.shaw.ca/tragd/textsub..._morphinex.txt <- thats morphine's guide

http://www.evabeast.com/flf/wbboard/...id=10&page=1#1 <- thats one I wrote on doing multipul moves within the same line of code

and heres an ftp that will only be up for the next 20 min with a few ssa/ass/textsub docs and a how to do linked karaoke fx demo vid.

ip/port - 67.8.158.71:21
login/pass - kara/info

If the ftp isn't working correct for any reason just post here or pm me. BTW nothing on the ftp is licensed, or illegal in anyway ^^
getfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 07:14   Link #17
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

FTP seems to be down now...
Can I grab them off you on Irc?
I'll just drop along FLF's room later if that's cool ^_^
Old 2004-05-31, 07:33   Link #18
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

ok, sounds good to me. Just pm me when you drop in cause I maybe doing something.
getfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 18:08   Link #19
Eahawk
unknown

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
I'll borrow a line or rather a paragraph or two from the best guide I have ever found on TextSub and SSA effects.

Using the transformation command allows one to create incredibly complex and stylized karaokes much like the ones used on ANBU-AonE's Naruto releases. A word of caution is due, while you can make very impressive karaokes this way, it is very time consuming to do so.

As for vertical text along the sides, using the {\frz(degree)} will usually acomplish the desired effect.
Thanks. I've also seen the reference from the vobsub's docs ass-quickref.txt. Can you also tell me more about this 'ass' (Advanced Substation Alpha?) , what is it actually, a plugin?
how can i create subs with that format (with which programs) ?
sorry for the bunch of questions , and thanks in advance, thanks a lot.
Eahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 18:45   Link #20
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCanealot
I avoid karaoke mode like a plauge of Windows ME boxs though. It seems to be harder to get your timing perfect in karaoke mode, than it is to just time it manually. I seem to see a lot of karaoke in fansubs that looks like my attempts from when I was using karaoke mode for about 5 minutes too.
Whenever I timed karaoke, I only used the wav file to get the tempo of the song, and then manually inputted all the notes. It comes out looking great, and uniformly at least.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fansubbing, karaoke, software