Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-23, 09:42   Link #81
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Best part of the episode was the last 15 seconds lol.

gosh soi-fon's VC is such a retard....
Lol his face is priceless. He is somewhat useful later on, but soi-fon just completely calls him a baka. (Well that's because he is one). The guy is utterly clueless, I wouldn't be suprised if he turned all Yammi mode on us. LOL.
Old 2009-04-23, 09:55   Link #82
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Lol his face is priceless. He is somewhat useful later on, but soi-fon just completely calls him a baka. (Well that's because he is one). The guy is utterly clueless, I wouldn't be suprised if he turned all Yammi mode on us. LOL.
Well what he did was destroying her plans...
And maybe somewhere VERY deep she was kinda worried for him since he could get hurt.
Old 2009-04-23, 09:55   Link #83
DarkHollowIchigo

Good Episode, in my eyes this is not a filler at all. This is a battle between the Espada and the Captains of SS for god sake. And Ichigo going to fight Urq, come on.

This is Epic!
Old 2009-04-23, 09:57   Link #84
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHollowIchigo View Post
Good Episode, in my eyes this is not a filler at all. This is a battle between the Espada and the Captains of SS for god sake. And Ichigo going to fight Urq, come on.

This is Epic!
I fully agree with you!
I really didn't find this episode boring

Guys! It isn't all about non stopping fighting, you know
Old 2009-04-23, 11:09   Link #85
Mashda2k6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Lord View Post
yes, with the 6min recap on a 26min episode, opening 1min30, closing 1min30 and Shinigami work diary so its basically a 15min show
Tell me about it, it's annoying as hell. I dun wanna sound like a whiner but the comedy stuff with the soi fon's vice captain and yumichika, madarame is annoying and out of place imo, they're just buying air time so they don't need to animate so much.

How much do you guys think it'll be til we get to see the real fights?

By the way, about vizards etc showing up, didn't Kurosaki Isshin and Urahara talk about them showing up there on the episode we first saw isshin's shinigami form, so Urahara, Yoruichi and Isshin should be there too, later?

Someone also said Aizen hasn't accounted Vizards, but I think he has. I mean if he didn't know that they survived back from SS, I think he should've been able to sense them after getting out from Hueco Mundo, and if he did sense them and thought his army couldn't beat them + SS, he'd probably run away, right? I mean imo Aizen is a man that calculates everything, he takes no chances.
Old 2009-04-23, 11:10   Link #86
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The only filler scene I minded was the hollows around the pillars, they took a lot of time just to show them.Oh,about the recaps, I always FF to the new episode title.
Old 2009-04-23, 11:13   Link #87
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashda2k6 View Post
Tell me about it, it's annoying as hell. I dun wanna sound like a whiner but the comedy stuff with the soi fon's vice captain and yumichika, madarame is annoying and out of place imo, they're just buying air time so they don't need to animate so much.
Actually it all was in manga.
And the whole Yumichka fight is based om humor.

Animators didn't do anything!

And also if they had stretched it up a bit, it is only because of manga which isn't so far from here.
Old 2009-04-23, 11:30   Link #88
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
thats true...if its gets too close to the manga then it will be put on hiatus...so better something than nothing
Old 2009-04-23, 12:07   Link #89
lequory
People hate good theories

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinAkuma135 View Post
thats true...if its gets too close to the manga then it will be put on hiatus...so better something than nothing
and we don't want this. Remember Inuyasha. I know that was due to production cost but still it never came back and that sucks. It was good even the "Anime-Original" content.
Old 2009-04-23, 15:19   Link #90
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Guys! It isn't all about non stopping fighting, you know
Yes! It's also about annoying lieutenants freaking out about 5 minutes!

That's the only part that annoyed me. Okay, I really don't mind the scene itself, but honestly... you think someone would've told him to stfu? Unless they were just trolling him for teh lulz and Yama-ji caught on in the middle of it.

And seriously, I don't understand why anime original content is taboo in the first place. The word "filler" is practically used derogatorily, and even the most productive of anime original scenes/arcs are called as such. IMO, anime original scenes do make the Bleach universe seem less two-dimensional. It just feels wrong that the continuity is limited to what the manga-ka thinks up. Sure some scenes that are added ARE pointless, but that does make things more realistic. Shit happens IRL, even boring shit.

I'm not in much of a hurry to justify those "filler scenes" though. It's the whole episodes/arcs that don't need to be under the wrong types of criticism.

Dx If that made any sense.

Last edited by Thewanderer; 2009-04-23 at 15:30.
Old 2009-04-23, 15:51   Link #91
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
And seriously, I don't understand why anime original content is taboo in the first place. The word "filler" is practically used derogatorily, and even the most productive of anime original scenes/arcs are called as such. IMO, anime original scenes do make the Bleach universe seem less two-dimensional. It just feels wrong that the continuity is limited to what the manga-ka thinks up. Sure some scenes that are added ARE pointless, but that does make things more realistic. Shit happens IRL, even boring shit.

I'm not in much of a hurry to justify those "filler scenes" though. It's the whole episodes/arcs that don't need to be under the wrong types of criticism.

Dx If that made any sense.
Rather than the derogated use of the term "filler", it's the misuse of it in the inappropriate of times such as the case here. Fans that are saying there is a lot of filler in this episode, probably are referring to the first 6 minutes that was spent on recap and the OP. And then your dumbass who is screaming at all cylinders for several minutes, and then a instant-recap lasting in seconds after the mid-break for commercial. And let's not forget how the camera shifts on every captain or every Espadas anytime either of the geezers has a one-up dialogue. Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam.

Replace each of those Bam with a photo-shot moment of a captain or espada... and you shall know what's being said here. The pause effect also eat away precious time that can be used to move the plot.

The episode was still good at times. Those techniques used to stretch the episode was not. It deprived the fans like myself from watching a 20 minutes of a good Bleach episode. And hence, the misuse of the term filler to describe the displeasure in a clumsy way by a few fans. Don't hold it against them.

And of course, you make sense. Most fans fear anime-original just because it is pretty difficult to blend it in with the source material. There are a lot of example of unsuccessful attempt and a very few example of successful ones. The prejudice against anime-original stems from there. I know I dislike Naruto Shippuuden for the same very reason where anime-original moment destroyed the charm of the plot. Of course, I speak for myself only in that example.
Old 2009-04-23, 17:23   Link #92
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
And of course, you make sense. Most fans fear anime-original just because it is pretty difficult to blend it in with the source material. There are a lot of example of unsuccessful attempt and a very few example of successful ones. The prejudice against anime-original stems from there. I know I dislike Naruto Shippuuden for the same very reason where anime-original moment destroyed the charm of the plot. Of course, I speak for myself only in that example.
I never understood why it's difficult for it to "blend in" with manga material. I don't notice many more inconsistencies of anime originals than I do actual manga material... mangas make a lot of mistakes too. What's the difference? I mean they're both official material, and it's not like the manga-ka don't work with the anime writers.
Old 2009-04-23, 18:41   Link #93
neshru

Quote:
I never understood why it's difficult for it to "blend in" with manga material.
Because filler writers suck, simple as that. Though there is a distinction to make: filler scenes added to canon-based episodes are no big deal, some manga fanboys find them annoying but they are generally okay. The problem arises when filler writers have to come up with an entire episode (or even worse, an entire arc) on their own. I don't know if it's really that hard of a task or the companies just don't have enough money to hire good writers, but when it comes to writing original anime episodes, anime studios all around Japan can't help but failing miserably.
Old 2009-04-23, 19:02   Link #94
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Because filler writers suck, simple as that. Though there is a distinction to make: filler scenes added to canon-based episodes are no big deal, some manga fanboys find them annoying but they are generally okay. The problem arises when filler writers have to come up with an entire episode (or even worse, an entire arc) on their own. I don't know if it's really that hard of a task or the companies just don't have enough money to hire good writers, but when it comes to writing original anime episodes, anime studios all around Japan can't help but failing miserably.
I really don't understand this. Why does who writes it matter? And how could every anime studio suddenly go all DURRR mode just to flesh out a manga-original story? I doubt writers would be hired if they weren't decent. This seems to me like it's unjustly prejudiced hating. If you compare anime material and manga material of some animes, yes, even Bleach, anime storytelling quality is on par with manga storytelling quality. Or has the chapter that came out last week made perfect sense?

The only differences I don't like from Bleach's anime-original arcs is the lack of spiffy Kubo-art for the anime-original characters(like those pics with the letters of the character's names all flung over their heads randomly). If Kubo is Bleach incarnate like people says he is, he should be drawing art for anime characters too IMO. =D
Old 2009-04-23, 19:13   Link #95
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Why was Soi Fong so damn cute in this episode? @_@
I figured it out; The anime team drew her facial design more close to her recent manga character design...

That, and standing next to Ōmaeda just makes her look that much more cute no matter what...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2009-04-23, 19:14   Link #96
neshru

Quote:
I really don't understand this. Why does who writes it matter? ... This seems to me like it's unjustly prejudiced hating.
To me it really doesn't who the writer is, I watch episodes with an open mind. The thing is, unless you are a mindless fanboy that will be happy with everything as long as it's called Bleach (or whatever other series), you are bound to notice how poorly written most of the anime original episodes are.
Old 2009-04-23, 19:20   Link #97
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
I figured it out; The anime team drew her facial design more close to her recent manga character design...

That, and standing next to Ōmaeda just makes her look that much more cute no matter what...
ANYONE standing next to Ōmaeda would look cuter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
To me it really doesn't who the writer is, I watch episodes with an open mind. The thing is, unless you are a mindless fanboy that will be happy with everything as long as it's called Bleach (or whatever other series), you are bound to notice how poorly written most of the anime original episodes are.
It's not a matter of liking them all of being discriminatory towards anime original content, it's a matter of judging them by content instead of blaming everything on writers.
Old 2009-04-23, 19:26   Link #98
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Speaking as a manga reader the chapters featured in this episode are really boring . Reading Tankobon is a different thing while reading chapters on weekly basis is another . The anime team has a done a brilliant job . I actually enjoyed the material and additional content, shall I even go as far as to saying entertaining : )
Old 2009-04-23, 19:38   Link #99
neshru

Quote:
It's not a matter of liking them all of being discriminatory towards anime original content, it's a matter of judging them by content instead of blaming everything on writers.
And I said that's exactly what I do, did you even read what you just quoted?
I have nothing against fillers and I watch every episode with an open mind. But there's no way around it, most filler episodes turn out to be poorly written.
Old 2009-04-23, 19:53   Link #100
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Speaking as a manga reader the chapters featured in this episode are really boring . Reading Tankobon is a different thing while reading chapters on weekly basis is another . The anime team has a done a brilliant job . I actually enjoyed the material and additional content, shall I even go as far as to saying entertaining : )
There's a difference between being dragged out and being repetitive, so where the manga was repetitive I enjoy things being dragged out in the anime for a change...

Emphasis on dragged out, and I mean that in a positive way; Anyone that has read the chapters these next couple of episodes are based on will know that if we stayed at the typical multi-chapter-and-a-half-per-episode pace, we'd be finished with this arc pretty quickly...It not only adds a buffer zone so the anime team doesn't run into another all-original filler arc to stall for time, but it might also make these next couple of episodes a little more interesting...They won't end in such a flash, and with the kind of showcasing that the chapters showed off, we'll get a little more of that too...

Of course, dragging things out won't take away the repetitiveness, but at least it'll be a little less painful...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Closed Thread