Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-15, 21:49   Link #81
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

hmmz so haki allows for speech too.

I'm waiting for a scene where opponents take the chance to poison zoro's sword handle on some busy street. then later when they challenge him to a fight, he just keels over and dies
Old 2009-07-16, 04:12   Link #82
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Well chapter is out now. I did read the spoilers but wow.....that was a short chapter. Went by way too fast.
Old 2009-07-16, 04:29   Link #83
james0246

So we finally get to see Roger's eyes...this certainly adds creedence to the foreshadowing of Roger being Ace's father (looking back on it now, it is obvious how similar their faces were, and the eyes are a dead give away). To bad the 20 month pregnancy is such a hard pill to swallow.
Old 2009-07-16, 04:41   Link #84
Aiddon

@ Rurik, Trax, and Charred Knight

THANK YOU! I'm relieved to see people are willing to keep their love of a series in check once questionable plot points come up and can look at things critically. This entire chapter smells fishy to me. Oh well, at least I get to see Hancock again.
Old 2009-07-16, 04:43   Link #85
Prestige

In world of One piece world there are alot of diffrent medicine and herbs and there even might be some hormone/body affect medicines that allows you to cheat body and stop normal birth accuring making only way to give birth to child by cutting it off with an operation.

Well atleast for me its most plausible that she used some sort of medicine or she could got help from Ivan to engineer her body to prevent normal birth sequence ever starting.
Old 2009-07-16, 05:43   Link #86
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
so Ace knew that Roger was his father ... his expression didn't change when Sangaku told him, um i think i will go read the chapter when Garp talk with Ace in prison .. need to check the dialog again...

there was a few points i found interesting ..
1- what island did Sangaku meant when he said "we searched that island" (did he mean Raful (forgot how the name are spilled lol)
2- Rogue carried Ace for 20 month .. and he was born after 1 year and 3 month of roger death ... considering the time marine kept roger in custody and transferred him to Lougetown i think .. and the fact roger knew he had a son:
- i think Rogue extended Ace birth by 20 month and she was on pirate king ship all the time.
- the fact Roger and Marines knew about Ace could mean either Garp got really big mouth, or Roger Asked them to forgive his sons for his sins when he surrendered..

3- another interesting fact ... is Roger and many other considered what Roger did even Roger himself who didn't regret anything consider it as a sin .. maybe it meant discovering the hidden history.

4- now it is really impossible for Luffy and Ace to be half blood brothers, so i was wandering what was reason that lead us to think they were bothers in the first place ?? cant remember

well what i need to know right now...
did whitebeard and shanks knew about Ace father ? who is luffy mother !? and was Dragon in Roger's ship or whats his relationship with Roger? did Roger entrusted Ace to Garp and told him the mother name and where to find her or did dragon get luffy and Ace and gave them to Garp ?
also the most important question what will Boa Hancock do when luffy reach the island to save Ace

Last edited by airsBlue; 2009-07-16 at 05:53.
Old 2009-07-16, 06:24   Link #87
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Wouldn't Roger be worried that his 'incurable disease' would be passed to his offspring when he did it...?
Old 2009-07-16, 06:35   Link #88
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

-- I think Oda is playing with us, he knows how bad we want to see the war begin so he's purposefully making us wait. I mean the whole chapter went by with no real progression in the war, I'm goin effin' crazy over here.

-- Every time Roger's pops up he says something deep. That scene with him talking to Garp was touching (knowing how the Marine's sees piracy as sin, and all children of pirates are born sinners, and him his child is no sinner)

-- I want to know why he's (Ace) so bitter towards Roger.

-- I'm wondering how they find out too. I mean when you think about it, it doesn't really matter if Garp told them or not because ACe was going to be executed regardless. And being as though he hasn't saying anything this entire time, I think he might have tried to convince them to hold off on it (the execution) or something by telling them.

-- After reading the chapter, I think Oda planned this. It doesn't come off as being last-minute to me.

Last edited by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk; 2009-07-16 at 10:24.
Old 2009-07-16, 06:46   Link #89
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I don't think this is a last minute plot-twist also. All of the conversation make sense without any plot holes. Then look back, Dragon has always check and mention Luffy's condition (everytime he do something big), but we haven't seen such scene with Ace.

Why Ace hate Roger that much? It's easy to tell that he was influenced heavily by White Beard. Image White Beard's position: your number one rival left the unsettled fight on hang and go die to some useless bunches. Surely he won't forgive Gold Roger until his death

The news that Gold Roger have a son can be leaked out by more than one person. Garp is the only one who was entrusted with the child, but such knowledge can be known by more than one person (Portgas herself depend on lots of people to escape to East Blue and to give birth)
Old 2009-07-16, 07:01   Link #90
game2007

I think Akainu's power is without doubt related to plant. Here are some explanations that may possibly back it up. Let us look at the other two admirals first.

Aokiji: His power is ice, and he wears light blue clothing, and that is the color usually depicted for ice. In cold weathers, most animals hibernate, and Aokiji has a sleeping mask and is somewhat lazy and can even fall asleep standing up.

Kizaru: His power is light, and his clothing is mostly yellow with those stripes representing rays of light. To protect yourself from bright light, you would have to wear sunglasses and he has one.

Akainu: He has floral patterns on his collar, has a flower tattoo, and puts a rose on his clothing. He also wears gloves, which are worn by gardeners in order to touch sharp parts of plants without getting hurt.

If the other two Admirals' clothing really do have connection to their powers, then Akainu must surely have plant related powers.
Old 2009-07-16, 07:46   Link #91
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by game2007 View Post
I think Akainu's power is without doubt related to plant. Here are some explanations that may possibly back it up. Let us look at the other two admirals first.

Aokiji: His power is ice, and he wears light blue clothing, and that is the color usually depicted for ice. In cold weathers, most animals hibernate, and Aokiji has a sleeping mask and is somewhat lazy and can even fall asleep standing up.

Kizaru: His power is light, and his clothing is mostly yellow with those stripes representing rays of light. To protect yourself from bright light, you would have to wear sunglasses and he has one.

Akainu: He has floral patterns on his collar, has a flower tattoo, and puts a rose on his clothing. He also wears gloves, which are worn by gardeners in order to touch sharp parts of plants without getting hurt.

If the other two Admirals' clothing really do have connection to their powers, then Akainu must surely have plant related powers.
Going on with the color scheme idea, you can see it in their naming as well.

Kizaru(Yellow Monkley): Light and the color yellow are often paired.
Aokiji(Blue Pheasant): Ice and blue.

With Akainu's color scheme (Red Dog), we can probably simplify his powers down even further to that red rose on his chest. Ever shounen series has to have a "rose-themed" character, guess we're a bit over-due for one.
Old 2009-07-16, 08:02   Link #92
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
The news that Gold Roger have a son can be leaked out by more than one person. Garp is the only one who was entrusted with the child, but such knowledge can be known by more than one person (Portgas herself depend on lots of people to escape to East Blue and to give birth)
it cant be the only people that should have known Roger had son are Rogue, Roger and Garps, considering the time line introduced it is most likely Roger handed himself before Rogue hardly felt she had a child (meaning he knew he had a son, it could be considering his power he maybe heard his voice) before even his mother knows about it so i doubt any other crew members knew about it.

also i think it maybe one of the reason why Roger handed himself to the marines.

--------------

actually there is one more interesting question ... when did Ace knew that Roger is his father ? and what name he used before ..
Old 2009-07-16, 08:11   Link #93
SuperiorX

MY JAW JUST DROPED AT END OF THIS CHAPTER
jeez i so did not see this coming and i thought Dragon was his father and it looks like Sengoku beat the crap outa Garp to get the ifo out as Garp look beat there he sure hell wouldnt have given that up considering his personalty now they just need Luffy and reveal who his daddy is lol.
Old 2009-07-16, 09:16   Link #94
adriankhoo153

How if the Sengoku is actually all wrong about Portgas D Ace and the child is actually Luffy?

And how could the marine or Sengoku let Garp to be a vice Admiral since he know Garp and Roger are actually sibling or it is he doesnt know at all??
Old 2009-07-16, 09:58   Link #95
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Holy f***. Getting one answer so unexpectedly... And raises more questions waiting to be answered; Oda is a story telling god. I was expecting the final panel with Sengoku annoucing Ace to be Dragon's son, but Gol D. instead? Just... Wow...
Old 2009-07-16, 10:50   Link #96
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
I can't think of any real contradictions this introduces. If anything, it makes more sense than otherwise...
It really doesn’t create a contradiction IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, I guess I can see how the plot twist with Ace may seem contrived, what with the delayed childbirth business and all.... but I still have the feeling that this was something that Oda planned well in advance. Besides, Rouge can get away with an insane stunt like that since she's a D, and they've all been known to nothing but the impossoble, right?
I would take a wild guess and go on and say this was something Oda has been cooking up around the time Garp visited Ace in ID, and only recently came up with a credible way of explaining it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
And I'm just loling at the people whining about the 20 month pregnancy gig, this is manga, it isn't suppose to make sense, if that were the case Zoro shouldn't be talking so clearly with a sword in his mouth.
I don’t think people (at least from my part) are complaining How a person could carry a child for 20 months before giving birth, hell, I would not minded if she lasted 20 years and Ace was born a grown man with all and DF powers. What my observation is that this information about the 20 month was created for the sole reason to justify how Gol Roger could be Ace’s father based on Rogers time of death, and Ace’s Date of birth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiddon View Post
@ Rurik, Trax, and Charred Knight

THANK YOU! I'm relieved to see people are willing to keep their love of a series in check once questionable plot points come up and can look at things critically. This entire chapter smells fishy to me. Oh well, at least I get to see Hancock again.
Well, after doing a 550 Chapter manga, these little things are really nonimportant, besides, we as weekly readers feel more the impact, If you took someone that beggins to read the series a year from now, is possble he dont even notice this.
Old 2009-07-16, 10:56   Link #97
ellifeedn
Thinker

Will people still call him Portgas D. Ace or will they call him Gol D. Ace?
Old 2009-07-16, 12:25   Link #98
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Well, just read the chapter... Still don't like the childbirth thing though. Sure, reality and manga don't mix but this just seems unnecessary. At any rate, it's not all that important in the grand scheme of things. As for the revelation, does it really matter that Ace is Gol D. Roger's son? I don't really understand why his son would be prosecuted as a child in the first place, and at this point it doesn't make a whole lot of difference since he's infamous in his own right already.

Nothing much happened this chapter, but the display of all the marine forces + shichibukai was pretty impressive. And it looks like Whitebeard is starting to move, so things should be heating up pretty soon. For now it's the silence before the storm.
Old 2009-07-16, 12:30   Link #99
ThoHell

Posted in the wrong area. Sorry! Maybe I should start reading One Piece Manga as well...

Last edited by ThoHell; 2009-07-16 at 12:50.
Old 2009-07-16, 12:41   Link #100
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Well, just read the chapter... Still don't like the childbirth thing though. Sure, reality and manga don't mix but this just seems unnecessary. At any rate, it's not all that important in the grand scheme of things. As for the revelation, does it really matter that Ace is Gol D. Roger's son? I don't really understand why his son would be prosecuted as a child in the first place, and at this point it doesn't make a whole lot of difference since he's infamous in his own right already.
Wow. Having you been reading the manga??
I mean like really...
You should know that's how the marines operate...
ABSOLUTE JUSTICE
They put a 79 million beri bounty on Robin's head when she was only 8 years old..
For what? Just for being related to the Scholars of Ohara...
You think they wouldn't have done the same thing to Ace?
The more it sinks in that Ace is Roger's son... the more I start to like it...
I think people (including myself) just got the wrong idea....
Simply because Ace and Luffy call themselves brothers...
If we look back on it, there was never any proof that Ace and Luffy were blood related...
We just misinterpreted

--- At first nobody was sure if they were blood-related until Ace and Garp talked in Impel Down. When Ace said he kept the name Portgas because of a favor he owned to his mother. With thought, "BAM! That's why his name isn't Monkey D. Ace", and we assumed he was talking about Dragon, even though Dragon's name never came out of his mouth or Garp's. I mean they even changed the name to Monkey D. Ace the One Piece Wikipedia site.

Man Oda has solidified his position (in my opinion) as the best of the top 3 manga...
There's no way we could have seen this coming...
And its completely our fault...
Oda is really good storyteller
Closed Thread