AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-09-05, 11:31   Link #81
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

This is getting interesting. I think Kakashi and co. are in for a serious ass whooping.

Obito and Madara may even capture Naruto and Killer Bee. Bee at the very least.

Kishi has a lot of explaining to do when it comes to Obito's back story.

How did Obito survive?

How did he get involved with Madara?

How did Rin die and how did Obito find out?

We were introduced to Obito as this dorky Uchiha kid who behaved like Naruto and died in the last Ninja war fighting alongside Kakashi. He gave him his eye before he died and taught him an important life lesson. How did he become the Akatsuki mastermind and so insanely powerful in such a short time?

Remember when Obito fought Konan he told her that he had the bloodlines of both the Uchiha and the Senju. I wonder if his inheritance of those lineages is due to his parentage or some genetic experimentation on his body. What makes Obito so special? Maybe he is a direct descendant of Madara himself? Maybe that's why he was found to be useful?

I just had a thought. What if Obito obtained his Mangekyo Sharingan by killing Rin himself?! Perhaps that was a mission given to him by Madara and that is how he got stronger. He could have done it in disguise and Kakashi was there but didn't know it was Obito who killed her. Kakashi seemed shocked about Obito knowing about Rin like he did not expect him to know she was dead. It's kind of lame that Obito would simply give up on life because Kakashi let Rin die. On the other hand Obito had a crush on Rin and its easy to see how he could consider her to be his best friend.

I'm guessing that Orochimaru and Sasuke are going to commune with the spirits of the Hokages which Orochimaru learned to do when he heard about the Death God. Perhaps he will learn the truth about Obito's involvement in the Kyuubi attack on the leaf and the order to kill the Uchiha clan from the 3rd and 4th Hokage. Maybe this meeting will impact his decisions on which direction he will take in the final conflict.
Old 2012-09-05, 11:33   Link #82
janipani

So practically Tobi was nobody. As Obito is pretty much nobody ?

Why Obito has no muscles on his arms.. too much eyehax?

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 11:37   Link #83
james0246

@itachi-san: It's not whether or not Naruto knows the character, but rather how the character is connected to Naruto. Tobi, in the end, simply seems to be a less interesting clone of Nagato.

As I said, now that Madara has appeared, Tobi will probably be dealt with by Kakashi and Gai (unless Kishimoto wants to stretch this out even further).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 11:41   Link #84
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm just slightly disappointed that everyone hears "You could say it was because Rin died." and immediately assumes that's all there is to it. He said it in such a half-assed intonation and it's clear that he's not even bothering to properly explain himself. And seriously, not every villain has to have a hard-on for telling sob stories when they are asked "why are you doing this?".
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 11:48   Link #85
Excelion

There's a bit on the last page about the 'story entering its final conclusion'. Wonder if that means the Obito story or the manga itself. Hard to think it's the manga when there's still that Orochimaru/Sasuke plot thread.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 11:55   Link #86
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
And seriously, not every villain has to have a hard-on for telling sob stories when they are asked "why are you doing this?".
But... he's supposed to be stalling for time. Why wouldn't he try to buy precious time by telling a long-winded SOB story? Or has everyone forgotten that he summoned the Gedou Mazou and is channeling the tailed beasts to cast his imperfect infinite tsukiyomi? I mean, you don't see it in the background either, so clearly the characters themselves don't remember what they were trying to stop/destroy before the mask came off.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 12:09   Link #87
Golos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
The problem is that when he died he was weak and than suddenly he's super strong and can fight the fourth? That's hard to believe, especially since we haven't been shown how he became so strong so fast.
We need more flashbacks and exposition.

Quote:
Or if it really was Madara why he was so weak against the Fourth but seems to be godmoding all the current Kage's without exerting any effort.
The current Madara has a far superior body. He is certaily far more powerful than his old self

Quote:
Obito is just being spiteful. The dead have no right to question the choices and actions the living make after their passing.
Except he wasn't quite dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
He was not the Naruto of his generation. There was no Naruto of Kakashi's generation.
Both were goofy shinobi who were considered failures and outsiders by others.

Quote:
Naruto is a Jinchuuriki and his attitude and goofball nature directly result from how the village treated him mixed with his inherent nature. Obito was simply a failed Uchiha (in so far as the clan and village considered him a failure for not awakening his Sharingan earlier) who didn't get the girlfriend he wanted.
Do we know they reasons behind Obito's attitude and nature?
Golos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 12:20   Link #88
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
That's pretty sad.... I mean Naruto never went crazy or cried like a baby when Sakura was fawning over Sasuke all the time. In fact he only tried harder.

So they're using the woman in the freezer thing to justify Obito being evil. They didn't even show how she died, she was alive and than she wasn't.

When Hinata was stabbed a girl Naruto only considered a friend he went 8 tails change that to Sakura being killed and it would be an order of magnitude worse.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 12:21   Link #89
Ero-Senn1n

This chapter didn't explain anything, i wonder how many chapters will it take for Kishimoto to make any sense of all this. I hope this doesn't end like Lost, where all the open mysteries were just dropped instead of giving any explanation.

So here's an idea which tries to make sense of Obito's sudden personality reversal:
what if Madara used Zetsu to divide Obito's personality to two sides, all negative went to Tobi and all positive somewhere else. Similarily to DB/DBZ where that green Namek guy divided himself to good and bad side trying to be all good, but then the bad side caused a lot of trouble for Goku and the others. If this is Bad Obito then there's a chance that we can get back the original Obito if Good Obito is found and reunited with this half. But most importantly it would explain how the hell was Tobi's personality completely different from Obito's only about 2-5(?) years after his "death" when he fights Minato and drives Minato to sacrifice himself and Kushina.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 12:21   Link #90
Teru987

I still think he is Izuna cause of the way Madara says "you seem to be having fun here.....Obito" I really think he mean Izuna. Why would he say something like that to his student, it seem more like his brother is just messing with everyone and now madara comes over to join Izuna. I know he was kinda of surprise at first but afterwards he stands there with madara like how they would back when they took over the Uchihas.
Teru987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 12:27   Link #91
Miraluka
Banned

Isn't Obito the old good but nice guy, thats what I get from this chapter (specifically with Madara's way of talking to him), its like something is up, heck, he didn't go "the girl I loved died!!! FUuuuuu!! to Kakashi but said it without paying care at all, maybe even the current Obito was there when Rin died and didn't move a finger and just watched Kakashi failing his promise.

Izuna as option isn't unlikely now.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 12:31   Link #92
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golos View Post
Both were goofy shinobi who were considered failures and outsiders by others.
The circumstances and the extent of the characters similar goofiness were extremely different as well as the reasons for how they were treated by others. Naruto sought attention in the worst ways in order to validate his existence (he eventually learned that this was a pretty poor way to live his life). Obito was simply a shy boy (or at least I read him as being shy during last weeks flashback) who did not live up to his clans expectations and who desperately wanted his first crush to notice him.

Quite honestly, Hinata is a better comparable character to Obito than Naruto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golos View Post
Do we know they reasons behind Obito's attitude and nature?
The previous chapters flashback covered between the ages of 5 to 13, and I find it unlikely that there is some hidden secret before the age of 5 (then again, Itachi did see a battlefield at the age of 4, so anything is possible). So, we have the reasons behind Obito's nature and attitude. How Obito was shaped after his "death" is still unknown, but we can understand who he was before he landed in Madara's lap (which is all I have been discussing).

Last edited by james0246; 2012-09-05 at 12:44.
Old 2012-09-05, 12:32   Link #93
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Anko "Steals Anko and runs away" Whew...got her out of there in time. About her, I am the only one who thinks she was underused in this war? (not like she would be the only underused char)
It was a shame. Thought she as gonna do something than... Kabuto easily defeats her and she has been in a coma since.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 12:34   Link #94
DJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
But... he's supposed to be stalling for time. Why wouldn't he try to buy precious time by telling a long-winded SOB story? Or has everyone forgotten that he summoned the Gedou Mazou and is channeling the tailed beasts to cast his imperfect infinite tsukiyomi? I mean, you don't see it in the background either, so clearly the characters themselves don't remember what they were trying to stop/destroy before the mask came off.
Why is Obito even there at all? Said himself he doesn't need the 8 or 9 tails, what he has is good enough. He should have won this war already whilst relaxing in his hideout...

Anyway, no idea how Kishi is going to write his way out of this one, especially now Madara has joined the fight. None of these guys stand a chance against him, Naruto included, unless he simply stops bothering/forgets how to use all the techniques he showed against the Kages.
Old 2012-09-05, 12:37   Link #95
Destined_Fate

Because Tobi is a liar, he says he cares for nothing yet goes out of his way to say that Kakashi failed to protect Rin. That or he's just insane and wants to care for nothing but clearly cares lots.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 12:57   Link #96
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

In case you didn't notice, Obito's revelation and words have Kakashi paralyzed, so there was a purpose to revealing that.
Old 2012-09-05, 12:57   Link #97
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
I was reading Kishi's interview he gave a month ago, and where he said Tobi's identity would be revealed soon.

Spoiler for Kishimoto Interview:

Interesting that he said Madara has no weakness and has a relationship with Tobi/Obito. Both of which will become important in this fight. Also that Sasuke and Naruto will meet during the war. Since this is the climax of the war, I assume it has to be during this fight.

Also it seems like this is the spot where every character will gather for the blow off with the Jyuubi potentially released. The Kages, K11, Sasuke, ninja army, etc should all be there. No more jumping around. And it does seem like the Konoha 11 might do something judging by Kishi's last answer. It would be ironic if they played a major role in Madara's defeat and succeeded where the Kages failed. .
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 13:00   Link #98
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
The circumstances and the extent of the characters similar goofiness were extremely different as well as the reasons for how they were treated by others. Naruto sought attention in the worst ways in order to validate his existence (he eventually learned that this was a pretty poor way to live his life). Obito was simply a shy boy (or at least I read him as being shy during last weeks flashback) who did not live up to his clans expectations and who desperately wanted his first crush to notice him.
I believe that I mentioned this before, but of course they are different characters. Just because he's the Naruto of his generation doesn't mean he has to have the exact same backstory/motivation/personality. It merely means he has a similar role. Occupies the same "character slot", so to speak.
Old 2012-09-05, 13:09   Link #99
james0246

^And, as I said, I think Hinata fits the role far better than Naruto does. Simply because both characters were the "goofy" member of Team 7 means nothing (especially since their goofiness was very different, though they did have a somewhat similar attitude toward their friends), certainly not enough to say that Obito was the 'Naruto' of his generation (or vice versa).
Old 2012-09-05, 13:13   Link #100
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I believe that I mentioned this before, but of course they are different characters. Just because he's the Naruto of his generation doesn't mean he has to have the exact same backstory/motivation/personality. It merely means he has a similar role. Occupies the same "character slot", so to speak.
If anyone were to 'occupy that slot' and still have the same narrow characteristic you've set forth, I'd say Choji would fit too. Choji sacrifices his life and almost dies. He's "goofy" and seen as a screw up throughout most of Naruto and the beginning of Naruto Shippuden (if I recall correctly). But that is my two cents.