AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-08, 10:55   Link #1041
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
is it really that impossible? I admit I'm not that knowledgeable about the inner workings of the va industry, but I see the same VAs show up on multiple shows each season. Seeing how VAs aren't tied to a company, but tied to their talent agency, I would think it would increase her chances since they usually try to have a business relationship with the same company they worked with before.
In multiple JUMP shows as the main heroine? While I'm not entirely sure myself and too lazy verify, at least that's the plot device of the story.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 22:10   Link #1042
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well watch the first episode of the third season and is still baffled how it got here
Old 2012-10-10, 07:17   Link #1043
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
is it really that impossible? I admit I'm not that knowledgeable about the inner workings of the va industry, but I see the same VAs show up on multiple shows each season. Seeing how VAs aren't tied to a company, but tied to their talent agency, I would think it would increase her chances since they usually try to have a business relationship with the same company they worked with before.
It really is that impossible. Not two concurrently running titles from the same magazine.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 07:35   Link #1044
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

it is possible though, Tsuru Hiromi was voicing both Bulma (Dragon Ball) and Madoka (Orange Road).

and both series was serialized in Weekly Shounen Jump

but that was around two decades ago...
Old 2012-10-13, 14:46   Link #1045
ookamigirl

PCP is slowly falling in popularity.
Guess they need to figure out what's missing fast!
Iwase lending a helping motivational hand was a nice surprise.
Improving art was a good choice.
Interesting how when they improved PCP, everyone else took their work up a notch.
Combining +Natura and Crow could be fatal for PCP.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 15:26   Link #1046
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Final Page 1: Willpower and Decision

Once all the DVD's for this season get released in its due time then rewatching all DVD's back from the beginning season to this current season in a straight run will make me appreciate the tone of each of the arc.

Iwase still felt the lingering effects of heartbreak due to Hattori rejecting her in a romantic context and him being exchanged with Miura in the previous season.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 20:11   Link #1047
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
it is possible though, Tsuru Hiromi was voicing both Bulma (Dragon Ball) and Madoka (Orange Road).

and both series was serialized in Weekly Shounen Jump

but that was around two decades ago...
But Bulma was not a main heroine while Madoka was. What's stated was Azuki can't be the main heroine of both Natural and PCP at the same time. She can play roles from both concurrent series from the same mag, but just not the main heroine of both of them.
Old 2012-10-15, 20:31   Link #1048
HandofFate

its a shonen, all 'main heroines' are bulma-class characters.

Guess it doesn't really matter, since that's the explanation the show is giving, even though I think its a total bull excuse. Its not like the magazine is the head that decides the aspects/policy of the anime. Its whatever anime studio that ends up licensing it out of the Xx ones out there.
Old 2012-10-15, 21:31   Link #1049
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
But Bulma was not a main heroine while Madoka was. What's stated was Azuki can't be the main heroine of both Natural and PCP at the same time. She can play roles from both concurrent series from the same mag, but just not the main heroine of both of them.
hey she is as close as you can get for a main heroine in DB
Old 2012-10-16, 02:04   Link #1050
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Final Page 2: Every night and Unite

I perceived that the writers either dropped or downplayed several subplots from chapters 93 - 94 of the manga in order to make a major plot arc with PCP's staying afloat to overtake both CROW and +Natural for the second anime episode.
However, I do understand their decision for doing so, since they wanted to keep the pace tightened and have the viewers's attention with Ashirogi Muto sorting the problem with art for PCP.

Spoiler:

Now, what I disliked about this episode was that they also dropped the momentum from manga to anime when Hattori gave right away the issue of Jump, signaling to Ashirogi Muto that Niizuma changed the narrative in his art style to make his latest CROW chapter look impressive and novel to the readers by not adding text.
Seriously, that was all of a sudden.

However, I feel it made a strong impression of a cliffhanger ending the episode with Hattori again bringing bad news to Ashirogi Muto about Iwase and Niizuma's joint collaboration to bring CROW's character into +Natural's storyline.
Old 2012-10-16, 14:03   Link #1051
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I have to say some crazy moves out of Niizuma this time. The art only chapter followed up by the appearance of CROW in +Natural. Though I suppose credit should be left to Akina for thinking it up. Certainly a possible way to boost popularity and can be done since Niizuma is attached to both of them. Though have to say how easy it seems for him to get permission from that annoying Chief while Ashirogi has to fight for their lives or he'll can their manga.
Old 2012-10-20, 22:31   Link #1052
Somnus
Eh?

A bit late to the season 3 party, but it's good to be back. I watched the entirety of Bakuman between episodes 2 and 3 and it's clearly no mystery why this is one of my favourite series (manga and anime).

Also, long-since-last-but-obligatory I love Kaya.

EDIT: Also, I'm very strongly of the opinion that there may never be (or at least be very few) another anime/series that will handle the passage of time as flawlessly/naturally as Bakuman does (it's already been 6+ years!). Which is one of the many reasons I love it. Of course, being lucky enough to have 3 seasons' worth of episodes to do so is the very reason they're able to but hey, I'm not complaining.
Old 2012-10-21, 07:31   Link #1053
ookamigirl

Iwase Aiko always second to Takagi.
Looks like she never intends to be second to him again!
Thinking of a more intense, reader catching story.
Their thinking and creating process was really interesting to watch.
Showing us their manga was a nice bonus too ^^

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-10-27, 18:20   Link #1054
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Final Page 3: Last and Cipher

This was a good episode specially how they focused on Takagi coping with his writer's block to come think of the last two chapters for PCP's first serial arc.

His inspirations he got from where from Azuki's phone mail to Mashiro, and the greatest from Iwase which made him to realize how rivals have to be treasured in real life so that positiveness gets reflected in manga. That's the way how Takagi pulled out the ending to the first arc as a honest conclusion amongst rivals.
Old 2012-10-27, 23:39   Link #1055
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep4:
Old 2012-10-28, 00:38   Link #1056
HandofFate

episode 4.

man, Takagi is a genius. The other side needs to grow and upgrade his art skills to be worthy of such a strong partner.
Old 2012-10-28, 09:29   Link #1057
ookamigirl

So PCP passed +NATURAL and behind Crow by only 2 votes.
Things are certainly looking up for Ashirogi Muto.
They got a drama CD too. That's just one of the up sides.
It's finally time for Azuki to show her talent to Mashiro.
Everything was going perfect until the no anime news.
Well, their editor did have a good point about it.
So they actually got everything but the anime, at least for now.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-11-04, 00:51   Link #1058
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Final Page 4: Margin and Pitfall

Congratulations to Ashirogi-sensei for overtaking +Natural in Jack's last weekly poll, and they came so close to CROW too. This was enough for Sasaki not to cancel PCP.

The drawback of this fight was that Takagi didn't put to make PCP into an anime adaptation in his calculations, which in the end resulted with the Editor-In-Chief calling off any proposals to make PCP into an anime.
And, there's a point due to the relative number of calls the editorial department has gotten from angry parents complaining the manga's content directed to kids and little children.
The appeal is that the crimes are realistic, but Ashirogi-sensei keeps the protagonists intentions pure and without malice. Unfortunately, many people out there get a double meaning with the crimes even if they're properly explained.

Anime's as well a gamble not just for the animation staff, seiyuu, and producers but also for manga works.
Sponsors giving full patronage to anime productions must keep face and present a product that caters to the consumer audience's preference but keeping things clean and in line with the content; they take 90% of the margin in anime sales.

This is like tripping to the boys on the road but by no means a throwback. However, Takagis' other latent skills fluorished when he willed to help Moriya with his storyboard, and this was noticed by Hattori-san. More in particular, Moriya admitted to the changes in his storyboard were due to Takagi's revision, and so Hattori-san got impressed that made suggestion to put due credit to both Moriya and Takagi for the storyboard.
Things are again going tempestuous, because Hattori suggested for Takagi to contribute with Moriya in the making of the storyboard into a full serialization in case the higher-ups give the go much to Mashiro's shock.
Old 2012-11-04, 11:20   Link #1059
ookamigirl

Mashiro was not very happy about PCP never getting an anime.
Seems like he'll have to start all over again...
Shuujin is getting his work to the next level, enough to get Mashiro worried.
Shun & Takagi with Rabuta & Peace make a great couple.
Their manga getting serialized could even seriously jeopardize PCP.
Looks like even Mahiro can learn a few things from Shun.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-11-04, 12:16   Link #1060
larethian

woohoo, the fest will be interesting

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen