AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 27 43.55%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 40.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 14.52%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-15, 11:15   Link #61
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
"No moe" my ass. Who else wanted to give Akane a hug when Gino was chewing her out and she looked about to cry?
I think it does kinda fall under the no moe category. Remember. We've already established that Akane is QUITE capable of normally putting Gino in his place when he pulls this kinda crap on her.

Really. Akane is quite exceptional to not go wooby on us until one of her subordinates got into a life threatening situation, and one of her coworkers used that to attack her by saying if he died it would be entirely her fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
P
Gino took a level in jerk ass eh. That was very mean of him to chew out Akane that way. I am glad that Masaoka put him back in his place. Gino looked surprised when Masaoka confronted him and the way he did it just added more fuel to the speculation that he is Gino's father. I thought Gino's character was rather inconsistent in this episode. He was mean and a jerk in one moment, and once Kougami managed to call it in, he was all gung-ho and went "We must find him no matter the cost!!!!" Wut? Unless he's like a super tsundere or something
It's not Tsundere. He's just falling back on the police procedure he's been trained for. When a specific kind of emergency back up code gets out, police officers need to be trained to react to it without thinking.

Reacting to his training without thinking certainly is easier for him than to contemplate the verbal and physical smack-down that Masaoka gave him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
I think it might be worse, a shotgun wound to a pretty girl face can be life shattering, expect some drama if there is a "happy" ending. At least I do not get from our cyborg any vibes that he wants to kill them quickly, he wants to extract as much anguish from his victims as possible.
To be fair, this is a future that has high quality cybernetic prosthetics and high end mental therapy. I get the feeling that even someone pretty badly maimed would be able to have the mental/physical damage repaired as long as they managed to get out of there alive.

Mind....I'm not sure cyborg dude is going to be able to easily gratify his love for sadism. Even without his dominator or a gun, Kougami is extremely dangerous. I dare say, hunter dude should be considering the possibility that HE might end up being hunted himself.

Quote:
The two mass shootings in a week in America added a rather creepy dimension to this episode, at least for me.
I know.

Honestly? Maybe this makes me a bit of an asshole, but shootings like that really make me less outraged at the idea of at least having some latent criminals permanently confined as we saw a few episodes ago...I know the Sybill system is flawed (perhaps even in what it defines as latent criminality), but you can really understand some of the motivations that went behind it.

Is it really more humane to allow someone to freedom to self destruct and hurt themselves and other people?

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2012-12-15 at 12:01.
Old 2012-12-15, 13:04   Link #62
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She definitely has faith in Kogami and respects him a lot. She also thinks he's very attractive (remember when she checked out his abs so blatantly? ) but I don't think she has any romantic interest in him, at least not yet. Her reaction when her friends implied as much was pretty telling, imo.
What I found more telling was, in Episode 9 (IIRC), Akane's little AI helper asking her if she was going out on a date, and Akane started blushing up a storm.

I don't think that Akane's primary interest in Kogami is romantic, but it's there.

Quote:
That said, even if we assume she does have romantic feelings for him, Akane is smart enough not to misunderstand the situation.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post

Honestly? Maybe this makes me a bit of an asshole, but shootings like that really make me less outraged at the idea of at least having some latent criminals permanently confined as we saw a few episodes ago...I know the Sybill system is flawed (perhaps even in what it defines as latent criminality), but you can really understand some of the motivations that went behind it.
True. I will say that I'd be supportive of using Psycho-Pass readings for gun control purposes. If you get a "latent criminal" reading, then you're never allowed to own a gun. It's a reasonable limitation, I think, since guns aren't a necessity in life.
Old 2012-12-15, 13:36   Link #63
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Quote:
From a technical standpoint, I don't know why they would choose to close the Ginza Subway Line. Tokyo's subways are really busy, of course, and in this show I haven't seen any evidence of any replacement transportation.
It looks like the sea level's gone up quite a bit — most of the roads in the establishing shots are elevated over water, there's a barricade blocking off submerged portions of the abandoned district (which appears to be around Shinbashi Station) — so the subways were probably written off as too dangerous to operate because of the risk of flooding.
Old 2012-12-15, 14:01   Link #64
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaden View Post
It looks like the sea level's gone up quite a bit — most of the roads in the establishing shots are elevated over water, there's a barricade blocking off submerged portions of the abandoned district (which appears to be around Shinbashi Station) — so the subways were probably written off as too dangerous to operate because of the risk of flooding.
This thing is also prevalent at the beginning of the first episode as well during the cafe's place where Akane's conversation with her friends took place.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-12-15, 17:36   Link #65
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
True. I will say that I'd be supportive of using Psycho-Pass readings for gun control purposes. If you get a "latent criminal" reading, then you're never allowed to own a gun. It's a reasonable limitation, I think, since guns aren't a necessity in life.
No one should be allowed to own a gun, psycho pass or not. In fact, guns are completely outlawed in Japan afaik.

Concerning the 'romantic tension'. I don't really think there is anything, at least not as literally as that. Akane clearly has interest in Kogami, but her heart doesn't seem to be all aflutter, if you know what I mean.
Old 2012-12-15, 18:34   Link #66
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
No one should be allowed to own a gun, psycho pass or not. In fact, guns are completely outlawed in Japan afaik.

Concerning the 'romantic tension'. I don't really think there is anything, at least not as literally as that. Akane clearly has interest in Kogami, but her heart doesn't seem to be all aflutter, if you know what I mean.
I agree that guns should be outlawed. . .but guns are legal in Japan. . .its just the restrictions on them and qualifications to even get them are SO LARGE, that effectively, those who would use them to kill people will pretty much be SOL since it is so expensive, and takes so long just to be able to own them. . .if someone wanted to buy a gun to kill someone, by the time they'd be allowed to even buy one, they would have probably forgotten about it lol

I had a friend buy a hunting rifle , it took him two years to be able to buy it. . . two years...
Old 2012-12-15, 19:05   Link #67
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
I agree that guns should be outlawed. . .but guns are legal in Japan. . .its just the restrictions on them and qualifications to even get them are SO LARGE, that effectively, those who would use them to kill people will pretty much be SOL since it is so expensive, and takes so long just to be able to own them. . .if someone wanted to buy a gun to kill someone, by the time they'd be allowed to even buy one, they would have probably forgotten about it lol

I had a friend buy a hunting rifle , it took him two years to be able to buy it. . . two years...
Unless you're connected with organized crime.

Of course I don't think even the mob in Japan has to many guns.
Old 2012-12-15, 19:34   Link #68
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
No one should be allowed to own a gun, psycho pass or not.
My father is a responsible and occasional hunter. A lot of people are where I live. I think that outright banning all guns would be excessive, though the U.S. could use tighter gun control.

Quote:
Her interest isn't primarily romantic, but I could see it eventually going that way. Right now, I'd say it's a slight crush, secondary to a large amount of professional interest.
Old 2012-12-15, 20:15   Link #69
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
My father is a responsible and occasional hunter. A lot of people are where I live. I think that outright banning all guns would be excessive, though the U.S. could use tighter gun control.
To get a hunter's permit isn't an instant process though. Besides, you don't go hunting using a handgun.
Old 2012-12-15, 20:45   Link #70
Dark Wing

Quote:
No one should be allowed to own a gun, psycho pass or not.
I happen to have a lot of respect for firearms in that I believe they are one of mankind's greatest technological innovations.

That being said I think many people have lost respect for firearms and what they've helped accomplish in the history of man and how when used correctly can help bring order in the turbulent times. Like when we used them to help tame the wild frontiers however now people look at guns and can only see a tool of destruction.
Old 2012-12-16, 01:57   Link #71
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Great episode.

A lot of tension.
Gino pulling another jerk move, but luckily Masaoka was there to put him in his place.
Kogami's skills were on display.
The animation looked a step above the norm, which is another plus.
And we got a little bit of service courtesy of Yuki Hopefully she and Kogami make it out of this situation.

Last edited by KleenexGhost; 2012-12-16 at 03:37.
Old 2012-12-16, 03:10   Link #72
whitecloud

in regards to psycho pass...do you think it will be useful to detect situation like mass shooting that happened recently? i think it would be useful, since his regular reading (the suspect, if you follow the news he have somewhat mental problem) will definitely increase as time goes on..and that would warrant lock up and therapy..
Old 2012-12-16, 03:18   Link #73
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Unless you're connected with organized crime.

Of course I don't think even the mob in Japan has to many guns.

lol well of course. . .everyone knows that organized crime runs rampant in Japan. Of course, most people wont find it unless they look for it. . .

if you ever visit Tokyo during August, take a train out to Enoshima (which is like 35-40 minutes away) . . .you'll see lots of people with the yakuza tatoos. . .as a lot of them live in that area... you'll also see lots of other cool things there too.

of course you wont see like the mid, high lvl bosses there. . .I only saw a few of those ONCE out in Kabukicho by accident. . .that isnt something I want to experience again.

but usually the other folks are actually pretty nice. If you are pretty chill, and speak a bit of the language, and don't draw attention to their "body art" other than n compliments(I dont do it at all actually) then they'll be pretty cool with you too.

Even though the mafia control or rather have a heavy influence over a LOT of stuff. . .they do pretty much have the will of the people to worry about. If they overstep their bounds too much and too often, the people will actually kick them out of towns!

. . .and they will leave if it gets to that point! It's very interesting. . . but yeah even if the organized crime can get guns. . .they rarely use them.
Old 2012-12-16, 10:40   Link #74
klare

Kougami has such marvelous detective skills, he knows well girls only put on underwear that are matching^^

it seems in most stories, under a highly futuristic city will lie abandoned railway tunnels
Old 2012-12-16, 10:44   Link #75
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

[QUOTE=Roger Rambo;4475869]I think it does kinda fall under the no moe category. Remember. We've already established that Akane is QUITE capable of normally putting Gino in his place when he pulls this kinda crap on her.

Really. Akane is quite exceptional to not go wooby on us until one of her subordinates got into a life threatening situation, and one of her coworkers used that to attack her by saying if he died it would be entirely her fault.

True, but I would certainly describe her as moe most of the time, which makes it all the more gratifying to see her stand up for herself. (Is there such as thing as "badass moe"? ) Of course, we all know how subjective moe is. Would you agree that moe stands out most in an un-moe environment, like most of Butcher's productions?
Old 2012-12-16, 14:22   Link #76
Theo

Everyone's smiling and confident.

We're fucked, aren't we?
Old 2012-12-16, 19:52   Link #77
p-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
Kougami has such marvelous detective skills, he knows well girls only put on underwear that are matching^^

it seems in most stories, under a highly futuristic city will lie abandoned railway tunnels
I thought the suspicion started with the fact that she wore bra at all when sleeping (especially one with wires). The fact that her underwear didn't match made it even more suspicious. Most likely the bra she was wearing was put on by Makishima. Creepy.
Old 2012-12-16, 21:41   Link #78
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
I thought the suspicion started with the fact that she wore bra at all when sleeping (especially one with wires). The fact that her underwear didn't match made it even more suspicious. Most likely the bra she was wearing was put on by Makishima. Creepy.
Better Makishima than the guy with the shotgun.
Old 2012-12-17, 05:59   Link #79
seiftis
~defying fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post

undies that matches? Well I'm a girl, and I don't do that normally lol, not necessary.
Old 2012-12-17, 11:05   Link #80
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiftis View Post
undies that matches? Well I'm a girl, and I don't do that normally lol, not necessary.
I guess it depends on if your expecting someone to see you in them or not...