AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-12-24, 06:28   Link #1281
blade82

Quote:
Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
Initially I thought that the one in red was Sena's mother and the one in black was Airi, but then I noticed that she is wearing the same hair ties as the girl on the cover in the school uniform that people assume is Stella (I don't think anyone else mentioned that). She also has one eye closed (that happens to be the same eye that "Gantai-chan" seems to have an eyepatch on in the other pic).

I don't wanna say this proves or disproves anything, I just thought I'd mention it because it was confusing me and wanted to see if anyone had a definitive answer.

Spoiler for images:
yeah i think your right its the same Ribbon
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 12:13   Link #1282
mironicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
So does uh, He accept Sena's marriage proposal or goes after the CHF?
Wait for the second anime season. The story description of the second season on the Japanese homepage already announces developments that goes beyond the eight light novel => A mayor change in the relationships within the neighbor's club will happen that affects everyone.

http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/haganai/story/

隣人部——そこでは『友達作り』を目的に、友達がいない残念な少年少女たちが残念な活動を繰り 広げている。

夏の終わりに三日月夜空に関するちょっとした事件が起きたものの、それからも隣人部では相変わらずの日々が 続いていた。
おかしなシスターや生徒会役員といった新しい顔ぶれも登場し、ますます賑やかになっていく羽瀬川小鷹の日常 。
みんなで遊園地に行ったりゲームをしたり誕生日パーティーをしたり、リア充スクールライフの代表イベントで ある『学園祭』にも果敢に挑戦するなか、 隣人部内の人間関係にも大きな変化がおとずれる……。

残念系青春ラブコメディ、NEXTステージ開幕!!
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 13:15   Link #1283
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
Wait for the second anime season. The story description of the second season on the Japanese homepage already announces developments that goes beyond the eight light novel => A mayor change in the relationships within the neighbor's club will happen that affects everyone.
You can't take that sentence to mean much of anything, really. If any members of the Club decide that they're actually friends, that could meet the requirements of the (rather vague) sentence, which is saying more that "that relationships between the club members will undergo a big change". It's just marketing to try to say that "something is going to happen" this season. That doesn't mean they're going to animate beyond the current novels, or imply any romance.
Old 2012-12-25, 15:36   Link #1284
kazzuya13

Finally an update... I knew it I love Rika. Ever since I first saw her illustration and furthermore Kodaka likes Rika's look more than all the other girls appearance. Which Kodaka stated in the series on more than one occasion.
Spoiler for Rika's pic:
she is just so adorable
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 15:45   Link #1285
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Ahh, there is just so much going on in chapter 3 of volume 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena
"What? Don't get in my way, Kodaka. Oh, I know... D-do you wanna come too? Since you're here and all. I can make an exception... and hang out at the festival with you if you want."
Tsun Tsun.

Quote:
Kodaka : "She said there's no point if the seven of us don't all watch it together first... Yozora did, that is."

Rika : "Yozora-senpai said that?"

Kodaka : "Yep. ...I... We all felt the same way, too."

Rika : "...Muu... I can't believe the Yozora-senpai actually said that..."

Kodaka : "Yep, and this is the Yozora we're talking about."
It got me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika
"Hehe, Kodaka-senpai, if you're gonna have your way with Rika then now's your chance. Just like in an ero doujin!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodaka
...Never knew BL could be so handy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Rika
"Put some feeling into it! Become the sadistic biology teacher!"
Old 2012-12-25, 17:13   Link #1286
mironicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
You can't take that sentence to mean much of anything, really. If any members of the Club decide that they're actually friends, that could meet the requirements of the (rather vague) sentence, which is saying more that "that relationships between the club members will undergo a big change". It's just marketing to try to say that "something is going to happen" this season. That doesn't mean they're going to animate beyond the current novels, or imply any romance.
I am optimistic. They used the same description for the summary of the 8. LN and those "relationship changes that affects everyone" was the marriage proposal from Sena. And the student council president Hina was just introduced at the end of Vol. 7 and she was already included in the preview video of the second season. They will at least animate up to Vol. 8+. It also makes no sense to break up the anime season without Kodaka's reply.

They can also make 24 episodes and during that time they might release Vol. 9 of the LN (May/June 2013). Hirasaki Yomi also writes the scripts for the Anime version.

As of now there are no infos about how many episodes the second season will have, even two weeks before the airing. I guess 12 episodes are not enough if they want to include Hina.

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-12-25 at 17:42.
Old 2012-12-25, 23:29   Link #1287
l.kostas

The translator made this comment about the last chapter:
"This chapter is the second longest in the entire series I think"

As for the anime:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anim...r/haganai_next
"Although Yozora Mikazuki faced a certain incident at the end of summer, the daily life of the Neighbor's Club goes on as usual. A strange nun, members of the student council and other new faces make an appearance, causing Kodaka Hasegawa's life to grow even busier.

While they all enjoy going to the amusement park, playing games, celebrating birthdays, and challenging the “school festival”—a symbol of the school life normal people live—the relations amongst the members slowly begins to change…"

At animenewsnetwork they mention 12 episodes.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 23:37   Link #1288
sky black swordman

^ Thanks for the info and link too.

I got to say that last image(On the bottom left side )screams staker.
Old 2012-12-26, 01:27   Link #1289
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
While they all enjoy going to the amusement park
I'm really looking forward to the jet coaster chapter. Hearing Fukuen Misato acts as snapped Rika and cursing will be great XD
Old 2012-12-26, 06:56   Link #1290
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
I'm really looking forward to the jet coaster chapter. Hearing Fukuen Misato acts as snapped Rika and cursing will be great XD
Yeah "The black dragon" story is really funny but to me the "King's Game" is more my thing.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 04:19   Link #1291
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Spoiler for The reason I love haganai.:

That part killed me.
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 15:19   Link #1292
mironicus

I just saw the latest manga scan of Vol. 32.

Included is also an announcement of the second anime season with pictures that indicates how far the anime will follow the light novel.

There is a birthday cake (Vol. 6), Yozora playing with cats (Vol. 7), Pegasus running (Vol. 7), Sena running on the Sports Festival (Vol. 7), Movie making (Vol. 7), Rika on the roof (End of Vol. 7) and there is Kodaka and Aoi Yusa carrying packages (Vol. 8 - this scene takes place after Sena's confession) and Hina (Vol. 8).

So - just like the PV indicated, you can hopefully expect that the second season will cover up to Vol. 8 of the LN...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-01-02 at 22:36. Reason: Please don't offer things that can't be posted
Old 2013-01-02, 16:22   Link #1293
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Quote:
I just saw the latest manga scan of Vol. 32.

Included is also an announcement of the second anime season with pictures that indicates how far the anime will follow the light novel. I can't post pictures here, but sent me a PM if you want a link.

There is a birthday cake (Vol. 6), Yozora playing with cats (Vol. 7), Pegasus running (Vol. 7), Sena running on the Sports Festival (Vol. 7), Movie making (Vol. 7), Rika on the roof (End of Vol. 7) and there is Kodaka and Aoi Yusa carrying packages (Vol. 8 - this scene takes place after Sena's confession) and Hina (Vol. 8).

So - just like the PV indicated, you can hopefully expect that the second season will cover up to Vol. 8 of the LN...

OH, so I wasn't wrong when I saw that scan. And since the anime will follow up to vol. 8.... I just can't wait! I think I will go and reread and re watch the LN and Anime.
Old 2013-01-02, 18:41   Link #1294
sky black swordman

This may be bad. First it's going to be a 12 episode long series and they are trying to fit a total 4(more or less) volume worth of content in only 12 episodes !?
Man, I hope doesn't lead to a anime original ending.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-01-02 at 19:38.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 19:26   Link #1295
Miraluka
Banned

Uh, that doesn't feels right, is the studio willing to cramp everything they can into a 1-cour series or make a 2-cour??
I wish the latter.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 22:39   Link #1296
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Uh, that doesn't feels right, is the studio willing to cramp everything they can into a 1-cour series or make a 2-cour??
I wish the latter.
I think stretching out the four novels into 24 episodes would probably be overkill for this sort of story (and it would really change the pacing compared to the first season that was more quick and slapstick). I suspect they'll do a one-cour season now, and possibly aim for another one-cour season sometime down the road (2014?).
Old 2013-01-03, 06:52   Link #1297
mironicus

Season One only covered the first three LN and the beginning of LN 4.

So there are actually almost five LN to cover (4,5,6,7,8) in the second season.

Well... AnimeNewsNetwork is the only source on the internet that tells you that Haganai Next will have 12 episodes. But they don't posted any sources where they got this information. This could be also some kind of placeholder with the usual 12 episodes listed out first.

There are no japanese sources who confirms that (episodes are only listed as "scheduled").

If they make more they can also include some Connect Stories and the LN 9 with the long awaited reply from Kodaka. That should be enough for 2 cours.

Last edited by mironicus; 2013-01-03 at 07:16.
Old 2013-01-03, 12:35   Link #1298
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think stretching out the four novels into 24 episodes would probably be overkill for this sort of story (and it would really change the pacing compared to the first season that was more quick and slapstick). I suspect they'll do a one-cour season now, and possibly aim for another one-cour season sometime down the road (2014?).
No at all, I remember there are stories that the first season skipped from the firsts novels.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 04:12   Link #1299
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Well... AnimeNewsNetwork is the only source on the internet that tells you that Haganai Next will have 12 episodes. But they don't posted any sources where they got this information. This could be also some kind of placeholder with the usual 12 episodes listed out first.
ANN saying 12 episodes is totally meaningless because they do indeed do this as a placeholder. However, in this case, I think it happens to be a reasonable guess, since I would be quite surprised for the sequel to be two-cours when the first season was only one. I'm not saying it's impossible... but it would be most unusual (you can probably count the examples from the last decade on one hand), and in this case, I would not bet on it. Of course, I'd be fine with being wrong... just I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

(Edit: One of the supporting reasons I would offer is the timeslot on TBS, which has been filled with one-cour shows for some time now. There are already two shows confirmed for TBS in April which are likely (but not confirmed) to go in the same timeslot. In addition, the soundtrack for the second season has already been scheduled for end-March, and it's not too common for the soundtrack to be released that far before the presumed end of the show (since the music wouldn't necessarily all be done that early).)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
No at all, I remember there are stories that the first season skipped from the firsts novels.
That is doubtless the case, but their goal isn't necessarily to adapt every single story/part of the novels, just to convey the overall idea. I'm not saying whether that's better or worse, but it's not invalid either. The novel still exists, after all. If the anime can do a passable job telling the story and get people to also buy the books, that's still (potentially) a win for the publisher, and it may be all they can achieve within their budget.
Old 2013-01-07, 22:58   Link #1300
Johnny
Working the bags...

New chapter out seems like same ole stuff going on. Maybe a little less of Kodaka with his head stuck in the sand. Guess the real meat and potatoes in the volume comes later...

Gotta love Rika with her hair down...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen