AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-14, 05:20   Link #8061
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Spoiler:

I wonder if Jim will get promoted to lead the terran army in lotv...
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 05:51   Link #8062
Wigwams

lol. i figured out the trick for that mastery.

Spoiler for Strategy:
Old 2013-03-14, 05:51   Link #8063
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

@creb: On the topic of Titan and how it might be casual, Gamasutra wrote an article that quoted a business analyst who predicted that Blizz's range of games will be diversified over then next x years and thus predicted they'd make a casual MMO next to their existing MMO, so it is merely a speculation from someone that is not even working in the gaming industry.

Now Kotaku (the gaming pulpy magazine) pretty much put this statement of Titan=casual in their headline and so most of Kotaku's brainless readers believe it to be a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post

I'm not sure he will be the commander of all the terran forces of the Dominion
Spoiler for :
but I expect him to lead the ones that take part in the lotv campaign. After all, at least one of the later, if not the final, mission should be Jim, Kerrigan and Zeratul fighting together somehow.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 06:01   Link #8064
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler for answer?:

Jim isn't the kind of guy to run an army full time. He has Horner for that. He is just a small time sheriff, and wants to stay that way for as much as he can.

p.s. It is interesting that HotS confirms that there are canon choices in Wings of liberty. Makes sense, as there are SC2 novels out there after all. This includes the flooding of Char's tunnels with lava.
Old 2013-03-14, 06:42   Link #8065
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Blizzard is going to announce something non-Titan and non-sequel. Possibly a new IP but at the same time I don't see rumor mills going around with Blizzard filing a new trademark. I suspect they are going to step into the mobile gaming industry.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 07:06   Link #8066
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
p.s. It is interesting that HotS confirms that there are canon choices in Wings of liberty. Makes sense, as there are SC2 novels out there after all. This includes the flooding of Char's tunnels with lava.
Oh? not sure about the novels, but in my playthrough they didn't mention the tunnels, but talked about the orbital platform instead.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 07:35   Link #8067
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Oh? not sure about the novels, but in my playthrough they didn't mention the tunnels, but talked about the orbital platform instead.
Is it possible that HoTS detects which play-through choices the player made, and changes dialogue in response to that?
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 08:40   Link #8068
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Is it possible that HoTS detects which play-through choices the player made, and changes dialogue in response to that?
Is....possible, but how would this work?

I got Nova mention I was pro-Tosh (but I never finished that campaign), but my first "full" play through I went Nova.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 08:42   Link #8069
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Is....possible, but how would this work?

I got Nova mention I was pro-Tosh (but I never finished that campaign), but my first "full" play through I went Nova.
There's a "canon" assumption of you did not complete the first campaign. If you did, it simply changes dialogue, but that's it.
Old 2013-03-14, 08:44   Link #8070
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
There's a "canon" assumption of you did not complete the first campaign. If you did, it simply changes dialogue, but that's it.
I heard they choose Tosh/Save Doctor as canon a long time ago. But first time I heard lava tunnel/Anti-air choice mattered.
Old 2013-03-14, 09:06   Link #8071
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I heard they choose Tosh/Save Doctor as canon a long time ago. But first time I heard lava tunnel/Anti-air choice mattered.
Interesting to hear how the anti-air choice would have affected one of the missions.
Spoiler for game spoiler:
Old 2013-03-14, 09:16   Link #8072
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Interesting to hear how the anti-air choice would have affected one of the missions.
Spoiler for game spoiler:
Spoiler for for mine...:
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 09:19   Link #8073
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Spoiler for for mine...:
That's what I guessed. Makes sense.
Old 2013-03-14, 09:33   Link #8074
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

But which save do Blizz use?

So anyone who is further than me know if there is any other issues? The doctor/Tosh.

So far Nova is claiming I freed Tosh and she is pissed. Anyone have where she let Jim go?

---

Also, I find blizzard writing a bit annoying sometimes, as Valerian address Jim as "Commander." Even though in the Novel Flashpoint it is clearly they address each other directly.
Old 2013-03-14, 09:45   Link #8075
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
But which save do Blizz use?
The choices that lead to all the named NPCs surviving. They are useful for later stories.
Old 2013-03-14, 11:27   Link #8076
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Spoiler:

Well I finally finished the whole game on Brutal. Ginormous amount of rage because it is literally packs of Vikings and Thors vs me.

Apparently Roach-Hydra micro can get you through every single mission on Brutal without sweat until you get Ultras. Then spamming Ultralisks /w Torrasque on your enemies then taking over their supplies while having Kerrigan take care of air with Psi Blast, base blockages with Armageddon makes things easier. Kerrigan's Psi Blast can smack any bunker with 2 shots while casting Psi Shift twice across any batch of marines turns them into tachyons.

Roach is really cheap and OP until you face super-goliaths, which can shred them into pieces. Getting Kerrigan to charge the siege tanks and blow it with Psi Blast works too well.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 12:11   Link #8077
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for story:
Old 2013-03-14, 14:14   Link #8078
oompa loompa

Heres what I hope for LoTV :

Spoiler for :
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 14:29   Link #8079
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
Heres what I hope for LoTV :

Spoiler for :
Artanis taking over would be kind of boring. I already played as Artanis in original SC and he was pretty much the focus character of the Protoss campaign of brood war too. I'm hoping for some more interesting protoss characters.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 14:53   Link #8080
Jaden

Hahah, that'd be mindblowing if they merged the Warcraft and Starcraft universes in canon. Just a few retcons and it'll be fine! Also good material for the next 5 WoW expansions!

I just finished the campaign, played on Hard and was undefeated. It seems Brutal is recommended for people that are used to playing Zerg. I can see how that'd be challenging, since the missions force you to split your army for defense all the time.

But that's fine, it allowed me to screw around with the various units more. My favourite are the Impalers and the Swarmhosts that can teleport anywhere with creep...

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows