AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-23, 23:18   Link #1281
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt View Post
note:
archangels according Bible are just 8th rank of all Heaven Forces
angels are messengers- nothing more, archangels - supermessengers or ambassadors
Lucifer was higher angel
higher rank of HF -Seraphims
seven known Archangels -are only chosen ones from minor angels
so Michael beat Lucifer not by his own power, but by his loyalty

it all about source-Bible :3
No.....

Archangel usually can be used to refer any angels above the lowest rank, or angels holding special position. Not just the 8th rank of hiearchy. Also, Michael is a seraph. He is the ruling prince of Seraph along with Seraphiel, Uriel, Jehoel, Kamuel, Metatron, and Nathanael.
Old 2009-12-23, 23:42   Link #1282
durack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
It's interesting to learn all this stuff about angels and other religious things, but the author actually knowing this when writing the novels...
Maybe he just played a lot of MegaTen games
Old 2009-12-24, 01:11   Link #1283
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You know, with all this references, we might be able to get hints of things to come through real world references.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResolve View Post
actually fallen angels created demons they arent demons themselfs they just lost their access to heaven
That's why I said some people.

In contemporary Christianity, demons are generally considered to be angels who fell from grace by rebelling against God. However, this is not consistent with historical Christianity or Judaism which teaches that demons, or evil spirits, are a result of the sexual relationships between fallen angels and human women.

Quote:
angels are messangers of the god but in bibble only a few archangels have seen god and these 3 give the orders its not like god gives direct orders to all of the angels
But base on the description shmaster gave, it seems that the Toaru's angels follow the Islamic views on angels.

They have no free will, and can do only what God orders them to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
About the angels, its said Fiamma has the power that Michael used to seal the Lord of Hell. I have the bad feeling that the stupid Fiamma can release the seal starting a cathastrophe :S.
Though knowing Toaru, nothing is as it sounds, especially when it comes to the names of their spells/abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
metatron? who is metatron?
I don't know if he was mentioned yet in the Toaru story, but Metatron is the name of an angel, or archangel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
No.....

Archangel usually can be used to refer any angels above the lowest rank, or angels holding special position. Not just the 8th rank of hiearchy. Also, Michael is a seraph. He is the ruling prince of Seraph along with Seraphiel, Uriel, Jehoel, Kamuel, Metatron, and Nathanael.
That makes sense, I've always wondered why the one who commands the heavenly hosts is only the second lowest rank.

Then again, if you look at the Christian angelic hierarchy, most of the high ranking angels aren't warriors at all...
Old 2009-12-24, 05:15   Link #1284
tsunade666

I'm confused.... too confused on the way this talks leading. What is the hierarchy of angels to begin with? the only thing I know is angel and then theirs archangel. From other games that I played I heard about thrones, principality and other names but I have no clue or what so ever about them. Can someone clarify it please. And what's thelema?
Old 2009-12-24, 06:24   Link #1285
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I'm confused.... too confused on the way this talks leading. What is the hierarchy of angels to begin with? the only thing I know is angel and then theirs archangel. From other games that I played I heard about thrones, principality and other names but I have no clue or what so ever about them. Can someone clarify it please.
The Hierarchy of Angels is literally just that- It's a list that shows the order and ranking/position/title of the Angels.

Do note that there are many different versions of it, but the one that everyone is familiar with is this one...

Spoiler:

The closer they are to God, the higher their rank.

Quote:
And what's thelema?
Thelema is a philosophy or religion based on the dictum, "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. ... Love is the law, love under will," as presented in Aleister Crowley's Liber AL vel Legis (The Book of the Law, as in the REAL book of law in our world).
Old 2009-12-24, 20:58   Link #1286
Used Can

Quote:
metatron? who is metatron?
Here: http://www.crystalinks.com/metatron.html
Old 2009-12-25, 08:17   Link #1287
tsunade666

guys thanks its very learning experience specially used can the link that you've given is very interesting. Thanks
Old 2009-12-27, 07:48   Link #1288
LastResolve

in the end the strongest guy in tamni is Izzard i mean turning his toughts into reality means he can revive kill do practically everything
Old 2009-12-27, 08:05   Link #1289
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
in the end the strongest guy in tamni is Izzard i mean turning his toughts into reality means he can revive kill do practically everything
It's an unstable power if you ask me; putting aside how Touma defeated him, just thinking about ONE bad idea can screw up everything.

And we all know how the mind wanders...
Old 2009-12-28, 06:14   Link #1290
tsunade666

His pretty unstable. that's why he use does pins to stab himself and using it to calm his mind. I think he needs more concentration than a teleporter that's teleporting a huge object.
Old 2009-12-29, 05:12   Link #1291
ykf566

Chapter 6 has been translated.

Interesting conversation between Accelerator and Heaven Canceller. Funny how he compared Accelerator to being similar to Touma.
Old 2009-12-29, 06:23   Link #1292
tsunade666

Well they are practically the same if you ask me but the one is walking on the path of destruction and loneliness even it meant to sacrifice itself to protect whose important to him. While the other is standing on front line while protecting others with the help of the others.

They basically protecting the people whose important to them specially the one's who can understand them more and share their feelings its just that their method are practically different. And I think the only reason for it is that touma forgot his past and accelerator hasn't.

While accelerator has the memory of his massacre and his evil doings and his sad past he can't walk the same path as LO. As for touma who lost his past and doesn't really care for a reason to help others can walk straight on without hesitations. The memory of touma really help him on being to much carefree if you ask me. Because he can't remember his sad past and his own suffering. While his parents still remember it he doesn't and I think its good for him too.
Old 2009-12-29, 07:31   Link #1293
ykf566

I wasn't denying that they were similar, as you said, when it comes to protecting those who are important they are similar. I considered the statement funny as an interesting comparison.

I do think however Accelerator is too philosophical in regards to where he stands. He cannot follow the same path as LO because of all the 'evil' around him. I think his fine the way he is and where his relationship stands with those around him, he shouldn't have to change anything if neither one of them do. Touma had his memories erased, if only they were worth that much, i doubt Accelerator would want it even if he could.
Old 2009-12-29, 07:43   Link #1294
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I must say, I originally thought one whole volume on Kuroko would not be as intersting as say Touma or Accelerator... I mean, I'm just not a big fan of the yuri kind But I'm glad to have picked it up, it was quite a good insight into Kuroko's character

Spoiler for Thoughts on Volume 8:
Old 2009-12-29, 08:02   Link #1295
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

In addition, despite being a Kuroko-Mikoto centric story, both Touma and Accelerator were really cool in this volume as well.

Spoiler for Touma:

Spoiler for Accelerator:
Old 2009-12-29, 10:28   Link #1296
tsunade666

OHHH MY G********! THAT'S SO ROMANTIC! I didn't think even for once he has a romantic side. ( the one I'm reading is semi translated and hard to understand most part ) its good to read when its translated right.

And I didn't think touma would get angry for someone stealing his prey.
Old 2009-12-29, 12:48   Link #1297
stillmissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Spoiler for Teleportation details:

Spoiler for teleportation details:
Old 2009-12-29, 18:30   Link #1298
Miraluka
Banned

Accelerator's morality pet made a good job, eh! also Accelerator admited the fact he isn't the strongest like before.
Old 2009-12-30, 00:28   Link #1299
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

In regard to this line.

>>Touma: "I made a promise to a certain nameless hotblooded guy, that I would always be there to protect Misaka and the (people) world around her... I know this is abit late, but did I keep that promise?"

1. Etzali should be in tears, and it is pretty lol that Touma think Etzali is hotblooded.
2. You can't imagien how similiar that line is to the the line that Accelertor have kept on telling himself. Just replace Misaka with LO.
Old 2009-12-30, 14:58   Link #1300
tsunade666

huh their lines are similar? I always thought that the catch phrase for Accelerator is even if I'm walk down the path of darkness I will always protect that single light.....( or something like that )

Though they are certain similarities which makes me wonder and amuse on the author. Why haven't the two that walk different path but came with the same conclusion haven't met yet but maybe until vol 20 even though their are random hints that they will meet but ended up not.

And awaki and kuroko are really different in specs. Too bad for awaki she has huge potential. Btw why do awaki even pick a fight with kuroko to begin with? is it another order from the higher ups?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen