Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-07, 21:15   Link #3141
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Its so hard to sell and chuck items away in Skyrim. You may need it 100 hours in you just never know
Sometimes I want a minecraft style label system, so that I can name containers to suit the storage.
Old 2012-09-09, 08:46   Link #3142
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Oh that would be awesome. However I think it would break the emmersion. But it would help keeping everything neat. Is anyone using a house mod that they can recommend?
Old 2012-09-09, 08:59   Link #3143
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Oh that would be awesome. However I think it would break the emmersion. But it would help keeping everything neat. Is anyone using a house mod that they can recommend?
Every container has a name, even generic ones. All they needed is to allow us to change the name of the containers. I am not sure it is immersion breaking to have a chest called "Ruby Storage".
Old 2012-09-09, 10:54   Link #3144
sa547
*Author

Alternately, I have to remember which chest keeps what type of content. In Breeze (now my primary home) the nearest chest serves as the fridge for food; at the alchemy table the chest there is for ingredients and other supplies, and so on.

-------------
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23772

I found this UNP-only sailor uniform mod all right, not too skimpy and looks warm for the province's Sapporo climate. No prob with CBBE, but the underwear would sometimes peek out due to that body type's customizable shape.

(However, as most of everyone's comments got negrep'd, there seems to be some mudslinging going on between mod authors, fans and/or trolls. *facepalms*)
Old 2012-09-09, 11:34   Link #3145
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Alternately, I have to remember which chest keeps what type of content. In Breeze (now my primary home) the nearest chest serves as the fridge for food; at the alchemy table the chest there is for ingredients and other supplies, and so on.

-------------
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23772

I found this UNP-only sailor uniform mod all right, not too skimpy and looks warm for the province's Sapporo climate. No prob with CBBE, but the underwear would sometimes peek out due to that body type's customizable shape.

(However, as most of everyone's comments got negrep'd, there seems to be some mudslinging going on between mod authors, fans and/or trolls. *facepalms*)
The only eyebrow raising I do is that if someone wants to "anime-ize" Skyrim for lulz or whatever --- they should apply it to the whole cast. If every woman in skyrim is in kimono, seifuku, etc and every guy is school uniform, Naruto-ized, etc. --- just seems more consistent to me
Old 2012-09-09, 12:42   Link #3146
sa547
*Author

Yeah, I also checked my Tumblr feed and there's probably a bigot out there who doesn't like to see his game turning Japanese (even if the game did knocked out Famitsu's editors). I swear, looks like it's hell a lot easier making mods for Skyrim than 3D Custom Girl.

Elsewhere, I'm keeping SkyXP because its experience and skills distribution reminds me of the MMO I left behind.

BTW, although I have three different mods ready to be installed, I'm really looking for a food immersion mod similar to GTA: San Andreas (basically eat and drink to maintain health and to minimize hunger pangs which could eat away HP) rather than tedious micromanagement.
Old 2012-09-09, 15:50   Link #3147
Who

Quote:
Yeah, I also checked my Tumblr feed and there's probably a bigot out there who doesn't like to see his game turning Japanese (even if the game did knocked out Famitsu's editors). I swear, looks like it's hell a lot easier making mods for Skyrim than 3D Custom Girl.

Elsewhere, I'm keeping SkyXP because its experience and skills distribution reminds me of the MMO I left behind.

BTW, although I have three different mods ready to be installed, I'm really looking for a food immersion mod similar to GTA: San Andreas (basically eat and drink to maintain health and to minimize hunger pangs which could eat away HP) rather than tedious micromanagement.
The one I used to use (before I did a reinstall) was called Total Realism - Basic Needs. I don't really know what you mean by tedious micromanagement, but I'll let you read the details and see for yourself.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10843
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 19:02   Link #3148
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Every container has a name, even generic ones. All they needed is to allow us to change the name of the containers. I am not sure it is immersion breaking to have a chest called "Ruby Storage".
Oh yeah sorry, I thought you meant like text hovering over the chest. ^_^ That makes a lot more sense. Feel pretty dumb now...
Old 2012-09-10, 11:53   Link #3149
sa547
*Author

I think I found a more simpler food/HP recovery mod without worrying about running out:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/7511

Also I set the timescale to 6, which turned out to be satisfying and near-realistic than seeing the day whiz too fast.
Old 2012-09-10, 20:48   Link #3150
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Man, BOSS is aggravating the hell out of me, and not just on Skyrim. Constant updates for Skyrim's BOSS masterlist, yet none of them touch any of the unrecognized mods I use, save one. And Fallout 3/NV's masterlists just never update at all anymore. Argh.
Old 2012-09-10, 21:26   Link #3151
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Man, BOSS is aggravating the hell out of me, and not just on Skyrim. Constant updates for Skyrim's BOSS masterlist, yet none of them touch any of the unrecognized mods I use, save one. And Fallout 3/NV's masterlists just never update at all anymore. Argh.
My NMM tool refuses to complete any download for the last few weeks. I end up downloading manually and dropping it into the mod folder. And the "what needs to be updated" doesn't work properly worth a damn anymore (too easy for authors to ignore the process so version numbers on many mods are all screwed up).

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-09-10 at 21:46.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 21:42   Link #3152
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I think I found a more simpler food/HP recovery mod without worrying about running out:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/7511

Also I set the timescale to 6, which turned out to be satisfying and near-realistic than seeing the day whiz too fast.
This reminded me of the original Tales of Fantasia food system.

In that game, food is passive health regeneration. You have a food bag that you can upgrade in size over the game play twice. Every food has energy value, and you put in the food bag the food you want up to the bag's max.

And the idea is, as you walk around in game map your lost health is replenished every step, as long as you still have food in the bag. One food point equals one health. I kind of like that; you are encouraged to buy and use food at all times, but it isn't required for you to eat constantly or die.
Old 2012-09-10, 21:46   Link #3153
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

From what I understand, incomplete downloads with NMM is a result of how it splits files up into chunks, usually causing it to fail on the last chunk. They're working on that, apparently. Not finding the file at all seems to be the result of a server check occurring at the time, or for files that had just been uploaded to the server. Either way, annoying.

Chunk errors can generally be gotten around by going to NMM's download folder (usually C:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\downloads) and deleting the partial data files found inside and making another attempt. At least that's how I've been doing it when it pulls that shit on me. Either way, except for certain constantly-updating mods I've got what I want, I just need the shit sorted--which isn't happening because no one's updating the program for the files I have.
Old 2012-09-10, 22:20   Link #3154
sa547
*Author

^
Cleaning out the Downloads folder had to be done to resume broken DLs. Some, like me, might want to have a torrent engine and a CRC checker into NMM to make things more easier, but such an implementation might not be to NXS' liking (currently paid premium users can DL unlimited; we commoners are capped) even though it can potentially reduce the costs of file server maintenance while the savings can then be used to improve or add more services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Although I use BOSS, I also have to manually fine-tune the loading list so that important scripts (i.e. Moonpath to Elseweyr, Convenient Horses, SkyXP, etc) are given priority and executed first.

-----------
On a short note, I think I'm really happy with my setup now that I can switch over to a secondary lower-level character and see what'll happen.

Code:
SKSE Version: 0.1.5.10
SKSE_Elys_Uncapper.dll Version: 1.13.3.0

Skyrim.esm Active
Update.esm Active
Dawnguard.esm Active

Expanded Towns and Villages - Resource.esm Active
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm Active
moonpath.esm Active
WinterholdDestruction.esm Active
LIAT - Sounds.esp Active
Convenient Horses.esp Active
CookingExpanded.esp Active
FishingInSkyrim.esp Active
HigherLevelEnemies.esp Active
Ish's Souls to Perks.esp Active
JBS_banking_redux.esp Active
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Default.esp Active
LIAT - NPCs.esp Active
mcCampingLite.esp Active
CrowdedCities.esp Active
AutomaticItemStorage.esp Active
JackshBabyDoll.esp Active
JulietByNausicaa.esp Active
LeatherBackpackDarkBrown-300.esp Active
Osare Underwear.esp Active
Sun Glasses OE.esp Active
Beautiful Whiterun.esp Active
Breezehome_FullyUpgradable.esp Active
Dice Game in Taverns.esp Active
ExpandedWinterholdRuins.esp Active
HjerimForge.esp Active
HoneySmithy2.esp Active
moonpath_questdata.esp Active
Proudspire.esp Active
RealisticWhiterun.esp Active
Undercity.esp Active
WhiterunRebuilt .esp Active
whiterunMarket.esp Active
getdrunk.esp Active
GSRDivorce.esp Active
Expanded Towns and Villages.esp Active
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp Active
VampireUpgrade.esp Active
WerewolfUpgrade.esp Active
ASX_Spells.esp Active
dovahkiinrelax.esp Active
ShowRaceMenuAlternative.esp Active
SkyXP.esp Active
Pinups.esp Active
Pinups3.esp Active
Pinups2.esp Active
FallOut3Hairs.esp Active
Oblivion hair.esp Active
Oblivion hair2.esp Active
Skyrim Sizes.esp Active
rcrnShaders.esp Active
PlayerHomeMapMarkers.esp Active

Liberation Beacon.esp Active
Solitude A City Of Trade.esp Active
useablesawmill.esp Active
VlindrelArmory v1.62.esp Active
Deadly Archery.esp Active
Osare SchoolUniform.esp Active
Footwear OE.esp Active
JackshJuliaArmor.esp Active
JackshKasumiArmor.esp Active
More Thieves.esp Active
YsoldaAdvanced.esp (custom Ysolda) Active

Last edited by sa547; 2012-09-10 at 22:32.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 22:25   Link #3155
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yeah, the *.part files (an ancient but usually reliable way of allowing for "download resumes") in the download folder. I routinely clear those out. It just got to the point where I stopped bothering with the NMM dl app linkage.

I just check once a week or so for updates to mods.
Old 2012-09-13, 01:59   Link #3156
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Been a bit dissatisfied with a bug I suffered from some time ago (my character litterally lost his head, which means that when I ride a horse I become the infamous headless horseman - and since I no longer have a mouth, I can't shout anymore).

So...I started a third campaign and for some reasons, bug seem to be actively looking for me.
  • Couldn't get the alchemy lab in Breezehome no matter how many times I purchased it from Proventus - either this imperial baldy is scamming me or the contractor is busy sipping daiquiris in the Bahamas and deliberately dragging his feet. Anyway I managed to fix it with "prid (insert ID #)" and "enable"/"disable" console commands.
  • Looting bug: for some reason I can't search draugr and I have no idea why - I thus couldn't get the Dragonstone from Bleak Falls Barrow and had to resort to console commands to get the boss draugr to drop it. This doesn't happen with, say, bandits, mammoths, giants, but draugr only. And now it's extended to dragons - I can absorb their souls but can't loot them. >_< I need those dragon scales, dammit!
  • Not sure if it's a bug, but aren't dragons supposed to reappear and roam the countryside AFTER the little trip with Delphine to a dragon mound? I've already killed two of them since the encounter at the watchtower and I have yet to meet the Greybeards.

Not a bug, but it seems that if you have Dawnguard already installed, the Hall of the Vigilants is destroyed from the get-go. You simply receive no chance to meet Keeper Carcette (not that she had anything to contribute) or see what the darned place looked like before the vamps raided it.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2012-09-13 at 02:20.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 02:59   Link #3157
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Been a bit dissatisfied with a bug I suffered from some time ago (my character litterally lost his head, which means that when I ride a horse I become the infamous headless horseman - and since I no longer have a mouth, I can't shout anymore).

So...I started a third campaign and for some reasons, bug seem to be actively looking for me.
  • Couldn't get the alchemy lab in Breezehome no matter how many times I purchased it from Proventus - either this imperial baldy is scamming me or the contractor is busy sipping daiquiris in the Bahamas and deliberately dragging his feet. Anyway I managed to fix it with "prid (insert ID #)" and "enable"/"disable" console commands.
  • Looting bug: for some reason I can't search draugr and I have no idea why - I thus couldn't get the Dragonstone from Bleak Falls Barrow and had to resort to console commands to get the boss draugr to drop it. This doesn't happen with, say, bandits, mammoths, giants, but draugr only. And now it's extended to dragons - I can absorb their souls but can't loot them. >_< I need those dragon scales, dammit!
  • Not sure if it's a bug, but aren't dragons supposed to reappear and roam the countryside AFTER the little trip with Delphine to a dragon mound? I've already killed two of them since the encounter at the watchtower and I have yet to meet the Greybeards.

Not a bug, but it seems that if you have Dawnguard already installed, the Hall of the Vigilants is destroyed from the get-go. You simply receive no chance to meet Keeper Carcette (not that she had anything to contribute) or see what the darned place looked like before the vamps raided it.
Isn't the alchemy lab under the stairs... like all the way in a little corner of the living room.
Dragons appear regardless of whether or not you have reached that specific point in the main quest. Higher tiered dragons start appearing based on level. There are a few dragons (excluding main quest dragons) which rise from their graves and fly around, in a similar fashion to Sahloknir, after you defeat the latter.
You can meet Keeper Carcette and the Hall of the Vigilants, assuming you are under level 10 and haven't heard any rumors of the Dawnguard being reformed from the townsguard.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 03:23   Link #3158
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Isn't the alchemy lab under the stairs... like all the way in a little corner of the living room.
Dragons appear regardless of whether or not you have reached that specific point in the main quest. Higher tiered dragons start appearing based on level. There are a few dragons (excluding main quest dragons) which rise from their graves and fly around, in a similar fashion to Sahloknir, after you defeat the latter.
You can meet Keeper Carcette and the Hall of the Vigilants, assuming you are under level 10 and haven't heard any rumors of the Dawnguard being reformed from the townsguard.
Dragons don't appear AT ALL until you killed your first dragon and getting the first Shout. Then they increase in frequency after Delphine.

So if you don't want random dragons, do not start the watchtower quest.
Old 2012-09-13, 04:22   Link #3159
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Will anyone be getting the new DLC for PC when it comes out? Or stick to the mods?
Old 2012-09-13, 07:21   Link #3160
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Will anyone be getting the new DLC for PC when it comes out? Or stick to the mods?
I don't see any reason *not* to get the DLC unless serious bugs arise before I buy it or someone says it breaks half the mods I use.

Some modders are stating they don't want to spend the money on DLC so they won't be updating their mods to support the DLC. So check your mod pages.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim