AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 116 Rating
Perfect 10 15 20.55%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 32.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 16.44%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 20.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.37%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.37%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-26, 23:04   Link #561
Fermat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
However I want all the way. Pris should be sucked 100% ( even bones). Don’t think I hate cause I don’t
Nah. Not all the way. That'd be a cheap victory. Maybe just enough so it's not EX in rating. An SSS+ a la Duff should be enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_friedman View Post
In sum, f it weren't for the destroyer's attack, Riful would have been killed by Alicia. And if Alicia and Beth were trashed by Priscilla, imagine how Riful would have fared against her.
To cap it off, Riful explicitly stated that Priscilla was far more powerful than she was, possibly at least twice as powerful (assuming the AOs had approximately the same power level, and considering that it was insinuated that Riful + Luciela ~ Priscilla...)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_friedman View Post
About Miria being almighty...
I don't think so at all. The difference in power between her and the twins was not as big as the one between her and Audrey and co. Miria even underestimated them, thinking she could completely evaded her attacks, etc. A number one would have been able to put to sleep the twins effortlessly.
I didn't like at all Miria's resurrection, but according to how the story moved, it was well explained. However, I think it would be cheap to let her be more powerful than a strong number one, it would stop the flow of the story, and Claymore would become predictable and boring like DBZ.
We're at a point in the story where main protagonist deaths can happen just like that. I, myself, would hate it if any of the Fab 4 die, but considering who they're facing, it's quite likely.

As for Miria and Hysteria, if Hysteria gains a ridiculous amount of power with a mere 10% release a la Teresa, then Miria's dead as a dodo. Even half-awakened, Miria wouldn't stand a chance.

I'm inclined to think Cassandra and Roxanne will fight. I just can't see the Ghosts and the single-digit current warriors winning if all three of the resurrected warriors fought against them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbontaxes View Post
If someone, at least on the surface, were to compare an Abyssal to any single Claymore, that comparison would be fruitless, no? Almost forgot, way back when the Galatea/Clare/Jean vs. Riful battle happened, an Organization spy was there, with Alicia/Beth, and asked Alicia/Beth what they thought, and they replied that they would be at 50% right before they would die against Riful. So in practice, the outcome was not consistent with what they estimated by a pretty off-mark margin. I guess this is just something of note.
But didn't the Organization train Alicia and Beth way harder because of that estimate—so hard that after seven years, Alicia was strong enough to do the damage she did?
Old 2011-07-27, 01:54   Link #562
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbontaxes
Almost forgot, way back when the Galatea/Clare/Jean vs. Riful battle happened, an Organization spy was there, with Alicia/Beth, and asked Alicia/Beth what they thought, and they replied that they would be at 50% right before they would die against Riful. So in practice, the outcome was not consistent with what they estimated by a pretty off-mark margin. I guess this is just something of note.
Your statement appears to be incorrect. The implication, assuming the statement is corrected, is also incorrect.

Corrected statement: At that point in time, had Alicia/Beth fought Riful, Alicia (presumably) estimated that she'd be able to destroy about 50% of Riful before dying.

It was explicitly stated that her training from that point forward would become more strenuous. That is, they expected her to get stronger, and at a faster pace than she had managed before then.

They then have well over seven years before the confrontation happens. At this point we now find that Alicia/Beth have surpassed Riful. We expect that, though she may have difficulties, Alicia will be able to kill Riful without dying herself. If they were not confident of this outcome, they would not have made the move to assassinate Riful.

It is likely that Alicia/Beth has been at a point where she would be expected to beat Riful for some time (at least perhaps a year or two), and they were simply waiting on Isley's death before making a move against Riful, so as not to leave themselves vulnerable to Isley's counterattack.
Old 2011-07-27, 04:48   Link #563
MalakTawus

@rafael
Quote:
Before pris, the island people knew fear all the way. A living hell. If pris is killed and the org is not destroyed then guess what? So it does not really matter that pris gets killed or not, both have to die. However I do accept better pris living forever since she never wanted to harm others while the org is right the opposite. A moral victory.
Yes,what you say is very true,BUT for Prissy's fight not being relevant to the destiny of the island,someone has to defeat her (or turn her back to normal,whaterver).....and that's easier said than done.....
If no one stop Prissy it's not really that important who will win that fight (org or rebels) since they'll probably end up obliterated anyway in a second time.

And just to be clear on why it's absolutely important to stop Prissy: Isley said very clearly that Prissy went around eatin whole towns in a very short time,her appetite is not even comparable to a normal AB's hunger(infact Isley was forced to act).The living hell that the island has lived till now is nothing compared to a monster like that that goes aroung eating people at that incredible speed.
In other words: if Prissy is alive (in her awakende form) the whole humanity on the island (or most of it) will be killed by Prissy (sooner or later), and that's something that has NEVER happened at this level.

There is also the possibility that Prissy and Claire will NEVER go out from that blob,but personally for some reason i can't belive in that scenario at all.

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2011-07-27 at 05:06.
Old 2011-07-27, 06:35   Link #564
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
There is also the possibility that Prissy and Claire will NEVER go out from that blob,
Now you said everything, let’s hope we never see clare again for the sake of human kind
Old 2011-07-27, 07:25   Link #565
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
Now you said everything, let’s hope we never see clare again for the sake of human kind
Tbh i'll give up on almost all the humans on that island (beside some exceptions like Raki) to see an amazing fight between Claire and Prissy,lol.
I feel evil,lol.
Old 2011-07-27, 08:08   Link #566
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Well I dont intend to jump in this discussion, but have we really looked at Raki's injuries? I mean really he had the rods stabbed through his shoulder and then Priss's arm stabbed into what looked like his shoulder blade. How much does that affect his ability using his sword and how his body would function in battle?
Raki must have eaten a senzu bean to heal him.

but really his arm should be damaged more, he would be in a lot of pain if he tried using it. but it is Raki he is so Badass that he is just working through the pain.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-07-27, 08:13   Link #567
haegar
mangaviking

I still have doubts you can be saved by Prisscila's flesh without that having some major rammifications concerning your body's physical makeup... despite the fact that the last raki chapter stated "just human" ... Well, we'll see sometime soon I hope
Old 2011-07-27, 09:07   Link #568
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Well I dont intend to jump in this discussion, but have we really looked at Raki's injuries? I mean really he had the rods stabbed through his shoulder and then Priss's arm stabbed into what looked like his shoulder blade. How much does that affect his ability using his sword and how his body would function in battle?
I have a theory about this. Remember when Destroyer's rods regenerated Duff's arms that were previously destroyed by Priscilla? Maybe something similar have happened with Raki's wounds and those rods in his shoulder.
Old 2011-07-27, 13:26   Link #569
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
I still have doubts you can be saved by Prisscila's flesh without that having some major rammifications concerning your body's physical makeup... despite the fact that the last raki chapter stated "just human" ... Well, we'll see sometime soon I hope
Well later on down the road Raki could become "above Human" so to speak. But really Priss's fleash could save him if her arm straight into where the rods where stabbing Raki. Now looking back the shrimp twins where kinda short compared to Raki, so it would be kinda easy for him in the shape he is in to jump over her.

Still Raki better have a plan, cause if he keeps fighting his arm might give out due to the injuries.
Old 2011-07-28, 15:01   Link #570
fraktur
extraordinary freak storm

honestly guys, not even a theresa/priscilla debate?
in this dire times we need spoilers, even fakes are appreciated!
Old 2011-07-28, 15:07   Link #571
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraktur View Post
honestly guys, not even a theresa/priscilla debate
for the record, this is the guy to blame later cause he called for it

guess there prly wont be any spoilers before saturday, but one can always hope
Old 2011-07-28, 21:49   Link #572
Stream
Radical Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
Quote:
Raki must have eaten a senzu bean to heal him.

but really his arm should be damaged more, he would be in a lot of pain if he tried using it. but it is Raki he is so Badass that he is just working through the pain.
Look at Raki's eyes. He has Claymore eyes now. I was fine with his characterization before, but I think Yagi just went too far.
Old 2011-07-28, 22:10   Link #573
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

He doesn't necessarily have Claymore eyes, its really impossible to tell without seeing it in color. Until someone detects Yoki or his eyes change shape (10%) we can't confirm that they are Claymore eyes.

Of course, some "before and after" screenshots could prove otherwise.
Old 2011-07-28, 22:41   Link #574
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream View Post
Look at Raki's eyes. He has Claymore eyes now. I was fine with his characterization before, but I think Yagi just went too far.
I agree he has Claymore eye's now (or is in the process of getting them, more on that in a moment). Not sure about the characterization going too far though, since I'd rather see how Yagi plays this before I decide if I love or hate the characterization changes. I personally think Raki does kick ass now and is a badass as a result but I agree that this is a major change to his character and could potentially backfire (or be the best thing (story telling wise) to happen to his character and maybe even Clare as a result).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
He doesn't necessarily have Claymore eyes, its really impossible to tell without seeing it in color. Until someone detects Yoki or his eyes change shape (10%) we can't confirm that they are Claymore eyes.

Of course, some "before and after" screenshots could prove otherwise.
You mean like this. Though I agree there are ways Yagi could play the artwork changes that don't involve the eyes being silver at the moment (I'll explain in a sec my latest thought on the matter)

Spoiler for pic:

While yes, it's not conclusive, I think Raki is now either a warrior or becoming one. Simply put the art style change, his amazing combat skills of taking on over a dozen people at once (no skilled human is that good for that long, eventually with a wounded shoulder and that massive a sword a normal human would be overwhelmed), his physical ability increase (leaping like a warrior and fighting one handed like a Claymore with easy over a long period too boot, plus wielding the Claymore one handed like he does is just impossible for a human (I mean he blocked one handed from behind and over his head for crying out loud)), the shrimp twins commenting on his smell/aura being different, and the chapter title all add up to Yagi making Raki a hybrid warrior now.

Though in truth after thinking about it I've refined my thinking on this matter. I no longer think 100% that Raki has silver eyes, since someone should have commented on it, so I'm now thinking Raki is in the prestages of becoming a warrior like the males whom awakened in front of Anastasia where... but unlike them isn't just flat out awakening either due to the removal of the flesh and/or his will power and training or maybe even his proximity to Clare upon her partial awakening. After all since we know gen one was mostly male so we know not every male awakens right away like those guys did, it's also possible they where made in such a way they would awaken no matter what. Though this is privy to change based on any later dialog... since maybe the kids he's with are just too scared/stupid to notice or comment on it. Hell, maybe the building is just too bloody dark

To explain further I still think his eyes are turning color but their not all the way "there" yet. In my mind I'm thinking Raki's eyes are just a far more reflective brown or whatever his natural eye color is.

On a side note: The only confirmed eye color for anyone when they where human is Teresa, she said she had "black" eyes and hair. Which I assume means brown and that line was poorly translated. However Clare's eye color in the artbook was Blue (not the anime green))... though Dauf has been both Orange/Red and Purple on chapter covers so I'm not sure the Blue is any more or less official than the anime (minus the fact Yagi likely did it after the anime knowing the choices they made and didn't like it but did like the color for Dauf more. After all why make Priscilla those funky blue and red when the anime had a very simple purple color scheme for her. So IMHO the latest colors are official and Clare did have blue eyes, Dauf is Purple, and Priscilla is blue and red )
Old 2011-07-28, 23:34   Link #575
carbontaxes

Wouldn't it be impossible for him to get the Claymore-style eyes that indicates a human/yoma hybrid without having yoma blood in him? I can't recall a precedent set for a human to just develop this trait through force of will. The only explanations I could think of is the time spent with Isley and Pris and that perhaps their supercharged transcendental Yoki auras augmented his body, or perhaps untold sexual activity with Pris.

oh wait ... the rods that had struck him. derr.

Last edited by carbontaxes; 2011-07-28 at 23:45.
Old 2011-07-29, 00:36   Link #576
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraktur View Post
honestly guys, not even a theresa/priscilla debate?
in this dire times we need spoilers, even fakes are appreciated!
I just noticed something, Teresa has a S for Yoki and Priscilla has an A+. This clearly shoes that Teresa >>> Priscilla.
Old 2011-07-29, 01:02   Link #577
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
I just noticed something, Teresa has a S for Yoki and Priscilla has an A+. This clearly shoes that Teresa >>> Priscilla.
Just "S" for Yoki, why not "EX" for Yoki?
Old 2011-07-29, 04:28   Link #578
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
Your late to that realization:

+ isn't an intermediate value, it just means that under certain circumstances the ability increase exponentially. Which means its possible Priscilla's A+ could spike above Teresa's S, theoretically of course. In reality we have no idea what the "cap" is for either of them.

Also, Priscilla hadn't reached her full potential, so her abilities were still developing at that point.

But this discussion belongs on a relevant topic, I will not fall for you bait to start another Teresa vs Priscilla discussion!!!!

*smoke bomb*
Fenrir_Valindri flees the thread before it is too late.
Old 2011-07-29, 07:03   Link #579
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Who said that full trained pris would win to Teresa just now?

-//-

If raki is a human after all we saw, yagi just broke the golden rule. It is fun seeing people breaking rules but breaking this one? just destroys the story itself, way worse than when miria goes to the org like a retard. If raki is now a superhuman, than it is ok, however I would like to see him as a human running from monsters and the how he could do that ( way different instead of the same stuff – for example the main character from code geass real sucks at combat – that why he needs protection from a girl- however he is very good at making all sorts of plans. This way, the new raki, if human, could use his intelligence to run away from danger and such.
Old 2011-07-29, 07:36   Link #580
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

It would be stupid if Raki was anything but human,

and this is a manga where pretty much anything can happen (like Resurrection of the Dead) so if human Raki takes down all the organizations men and escapes with the trainees, that would make perfect sense. It shows really how skilled he is and how hard he trained.

So why is it so hard to believe that Raki is still human?

"King's to you, Fernand"
Closed Thread