AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-14, 16:47   Link #121
Onibur
(ಠ_ಠ)

Whoa, that guy in BB crew has wings. Could he be the "Flying Pirate" who escaped Impel before?
Old 2009-05-14, 17:12   Link #122
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by onibur23 View Post
Whoa, that guy in BB crew has wings. Could he be the "Flying Pirate" who escaped Impel before?

I.... don't think so. Gold Lion Shiki (the"flying pirate" in question) is going to appear in movie 10, and so far Iwe haven't seen any connection between him and Lafitte.....

Speaking of Lafitte, I remind everyone again that Blackbeard recruiting Shiryuu isn't out of the question. After all, Lafitte himself was a lawman who was banished from his homeland in West Blue because he was excessively violent, much like our friend Shiryuu here. It'll definitely be interesting to see the meeting between Teach and the head jailor (I wonder if it will happen before or after he encounters Luffy's group?)......
Old 2009-05-14, 17:29   Link #123
james0246

^If it happens after Shiryuu encounters Luffy's group, then I wholely expect for Shiryuu to join up with Blackbeard...then again, maybe Shiryuu will join up with Smoker (another marine who has been "jilted", so to say, by Luffy) later on .

My only trepidation with Shiryuu potentially joining Blackbeard , is the fact that Shiryuu's design is so...common, compared to the other members of Blackbeard's gang.
Old 2009-05-14, 19:10   Link #124
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

Thinking about it now, I believe the WG made an extremely poor decision in recruiting Black Beard as a Shichibukai. Asides from his seemingly nonexistent reputation before he filled in Crocodile's gap, he's been shown to be a complete wildspark, and is clearly disregarding the WG, using the fact that he's "on their side" as his scapegoat. I was skeptical of him being chosen before, but his recent trip out to Impel Down has sealed it for me. What on earth is he thinking; the world is in a precarious position right now with the threat of Whitebeard, making this is a truly inopportune time to visit Impel Down. That said, I'm guessing that his visit has something to do with Luffy, because it does seem like he stopped by Impel Down on a whim and extremely short notice - at a time like this, Luffy's sudden rioting in Impel Down might be reason enough to pay his respects. But seriously, if he continues on like this, even attacking Marines on his way into Impel Down, the WG should consider revoking his Shichibukai status. If Hancock is in danger of losing her title because she refuses to fight, I should think that what Black Beard's doing now should constitute a similar punishment. His ability would be useful in the war, but a traitor or an individual who feels no obligation to obey orders would be worse for the WG.

And commenting otherwise on the chapter, I feel for Buggy and Mr.3 for sure! Poor guys; they're so close to making it outta Impel Down, and they get busted by Magellan. Heh, how unfortunate. And on the topic of Shiryuu... well, we knew he was going to be released eventually, but his brutality towards the assisting marines really solidified my impression of his character: years in Impel Down hasn't changed his bloodlust. It'll be interesting to see where Oda takes him, and who he ends up facing off against *crosses fingers for Zoro -- I mean, he's a swordsman too~~8D!*
Old 2009-05-14, 21:08   Link #125
ellifeedn
Thinker

As to why Blackbeard and his crew came to Impel Down, perhaps it's fate.

If the Marines decide to not take this kind of crap from even a Shichibukai, they could have an admiral quickly take care of him if he returns in time to witness Ace's execution. Maybe have Kizaru do the honors and find out that light cannot escape the darkness.
Old 2009-05-14, 23:30   Link #126
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Just got through the chapter, very nice I must say.

I was wondering if Blackbeard's fruit could absorb people like that, guess that's one line of speculation closed on my end. And it affects non-DF-users as well, not a good sign for anyone who stands in his way...
Loved that one scene with the guards being spewed out of the darkness in states of utter shock. Reminded me of Teen Titans.

Quote:
As to why Blackbeard and his crew came to Impel Down, perhaps it's fate.
*Applause*
Just because I like the simplicity in that. It would be hilarious to learn that their little side trip to Impel Down was decided on something like a coin toss, I honestly wouldn't put it past this crew.

Blackbeard recruiting Shiryuu is excellent, not only is it one step towards matching the crew-count of the Strawhats but we would have an excellent opponent for Zoro should their crews be the "final match-up" of the series.

At the same time though, you kinda have to wonder exactly how this could come to pass. Magellen seems confident enough in Shiryuu to send him out alone, by the looks of it, against the entire Blackbeard crew. Either he really underestimates the Shichibukai or the Head Goaler really is that much of a monster. And if the second is true, then the question would stand just why the hell someone like that would bother with a person like Blackbeard.

And anyone else notice Das' abscence this chapter? Didn't see him at all. You don't think he could be "Pulling a Sanji" here do you?

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Old 2009-05-14, 23:34   Link #127
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Well things are moving, Ace reached the gates of the Holy Land and there is five hours left till he gets Grim-reapered. Whitebeard could strike at anytime now [maybe even chapters away], Well too bad for Buggy who is now sealed in level two at the moment by Magallen. The Blackbeard pirates arrive at Impel Down with purposes unknown [I believe the interent has already listed almost every reason why Blackbeard is at the prison], personally I think he is there for the LULZ. Still the highlight of the chapter for me was Crocodile, poised and devious as ever. It was good top see his "Sables" attack again, oh did anybody see that fool Wanze [from Water seven/Enie Lobby arc] on the floor?

With that said the chapter was still boring.
Old 2009-05-14, 23:36   Link #128
james0246

^Magellan also seems fairly confident he can handle the entire rebellion all by himself (possibly including Luffy's group), so it only stands to reason that Shiryuu, a supposed equal, should be able to handle a Shichibukai.

That being said, your call on Daz is interesting. I would love to see someone actually sneaking around to accomplish a mission in Impel Down (besides Mr. 3 and Buggy ). But, I kind of expect that he simply got lost in the mayhem and chaos of the Level 4 riot.
Old 2009-05-15, 01:27   Link #129
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Just a thought on Death Wink and Hell Wink.

I think all he does is that he closes his eyelids so fast and powerful that it creates a shockwave or sonic boom that blasts people away. The fastest mechanism on a human body is really the eyelids. If people in One Piece can move that fast, someone probably can shut their eyelids extremely fast as well.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-05-15, 02:50   Link #130
Rainbowman

@marvelB: I've been meaning to reply to what you posted. Would have done it sooner had it not been for those annoying "Parental Control Blocks".

<"DAMN YOU PARENTAL CONTROL BLOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Note: I'm not taking this frustration out on any of you. It's just that I've been delayed for so long.

Anywho, here are my comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Edit: Oh yeah, nearly forgot to mention this, but the cover for volume 54 is out (the pic's pretty small, though):

Spoiler:

So.... we've got Magellan, Hannyabal, Sadi, Saldeath, a bluegori and the minotaur, all in color. Pretty sweet, if you ask me. I hope the next volume cover shown Iva and Inazuma in color, as well.....
I guess black for Magellan's uniform is suitable and I'm somewhat surprised that he would have normal flesh color while I would expect colors like crimson red, ominous blue, goblin green, putrid purple, or even gargoyle gray because of his facial features. With Hannybal, I knew that the white parts of his headress would turn out yellow in color. I just didn't think the black parts of that headress would turn out to be green. For Sadie, she's exactly how I would picture her: wearing a red leather outfit and having vermillion colored hair. For Saldeath, I'm somewhat surprised that that his outfit would remain uncolored on the volume cover. As for the blugori, it's color most definitly matches it's name. I just hope the animation team realizes the mistake they've done in the recent opening and apply the proper colors when they get to the Impel Down arc. As for the Minotaur, looks like he's in silhouette or I might not be looking at the image right as it's so small, but I wouldn't care as I'm only interested in the main staff of Impel Down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yes, it actually does look rather odd for him to not turn into a bird or birdman, after all. Well, Pell DID say that there were only five "flying type" devil fruits, so I guess that Lafitte's fruit (be it Zoan or not) is one of them......
If only we had a picture of Lafitte from this recent chapter. As for Pell saying that there were "only five" flying type devil fruits, I fell like I should object to that as there are many bird models there could be based on birds that can fly besides the falcon.:

Eagle
Hawk
Buzzard
Vulture
Owl
Crow
Magpie
Duck
Goose
Parrot
Pigeon
Canary
Hummingbird
Old 2009-05-15, 06:21   Link #131
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

A good chapter. BB go to Impel Down is expectable, but didn't expect he move out so fast.

But yeah ID security is quite flaw (rather than weak). Must be because no one have been success escaping there...and because it's infiltrated form inside?
Old 2009-05-15, 07:05   Link #132
syler321

i think if the wg want ID to stay the way it is they should send an admiral there,i dont think maggelan can handle luffy and his gang with jibei and iva and crocodile...
if he will try to stop them he will probably get his ass kicked,and once they pass him they can just get out of ID and take a ship...

i dont know how maggelan can trust shinoru to help him with the situation especialy after he told him that after that he need to go back,its only ovious that shinouru will do what he did and try to escape ID or maybe even find someone like BB to join his crew...

by the looks of it BB is there to find some new memebers to his crew and he defintly dont care about the WG plans...
Old 2009-05-15, 09:01   Link #133
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by syler321 View Post
i think if the wg want ID to stay the way it is they should send an admiral there,i dont think maggelan can handle luffy and his gang with jibei and iva and crocodile...
Blackbeard is attacking now precisely because the Marines can't afford to send anyone to help them - as Magellan says, they won't be getting any help from HQ and will have to deal with it themselves. The Marines are up against Whitebeard, so they can't afford to spare any resources.

PS I like the way Blackbeard just brazenly attacks the front gate. No sneak attack from him
Old 2009-05-15, 11:15   Link #134
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't really understand, why people think BB might have something against Luffy.

He doesn't has a single reason to fight or hate him. They once met and IIRC got along well. He only wanted to catch Luffy for a single reason: To get promoted to Shichibukai. Since he already achieved this goal, there is no reason for him to fight with Luffy.
And unless Luffy hears, that it was him, who fought Ace, he hasn't any reason neither, to fight Blackbeard. But even if he knew, he might just go along a with a "Stuff like this happens, it was Ace's decision to become pirate" attitude.
Yeah I dont really think Blackbeard have anything personal against Luffy, Luffy just had high bounty and infamous reputation and capturing him Blackbeard thought it would bring him fame and reputation for his Schichibukai goals.

I doubt BB has any idea that Luffy is on Impel Down but if they meet Blackbeard might aswell attempt to capture/kill Luffy because he is even more famous and dangerous to WG by now and Blackbeard might be forgiven alot if he would stop Luffy now.

Anyway from Luffys point of view I dont think Blackbeard appearance could mean any good.
Old 2009-05-15, 12:19   Link #135
james0246

I wouldn't quite say that it is impossible for Blackbeard to know about Luffy being in Impell Down. I mean, Sengoku and Marine HQ has known for over a day that Luffy was 'attacking' Impel Down, so it seems reasonable that Blackbeard could also know that Luffy in being held there.

That being said, besides trying to capture him for noteriety, Blackbeard seems to have actually like Luffy during their brief encouter. So, I strongly doubt there is any ill-will from Blackbeard, and I am also unsure if Luffy even knows that Blackbeard was the one who captured Ace.
Old 2009-05-15, 12:31   Link #136
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I am also unsure if Luffy even knows that Blackbeard was the one who captured Ace.
Luffy does know that Blackbeard captured Ace (chapter 522 - page 8). It's just that he doesn't know who he is exactly nor what he looks like, even though they've met before.
Old 2009-05-15, 14:11   Link #137
Phenomenal
Banned

If Luffy can remember such info thrown at him...^^^
Old 2009-05-15, 14:36   Link #138
ellifeedn
Thinker

Blackbeard seems like the final boss type of character. I don't think he and Luffy will fight it out in Impel Down.
Old 2009-05-15, 15:03   Link #139
Phenomenal
Banned

Luffy would die anyway...Is that what people want?
Old 2009-05-15, 15:25   Link #140
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

If Luffy encounters BB right and now he will eventually get owned and 2 ownage in less than 48 hours is just too much even for Luffy.Besides Luffy needs his entire crew so that they might fight equally.Nearly every sh crew has a dark mirror style opponent in Blackbeard crew.My guess is that they wont even realize each other as ever.
Closed Thread