AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-28, 16:53   Link #1261
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Syokool please give a more noticeable warning next time you put pics like that there. I was incredibly close to looking at that picture, but I closed it with a speed I didn't know I had.
This.

Sadly I didn't really pay attention and scrolled down. I should have noticed something wasn't right at the first right panel...
Luckily the shock was so great that my memories are fuzzy.
Old 2012-09-28, 23:39   Link #1262
eraldcoil

This light novel is great, but after seeing picture from syookol, somehow i lost something important, what it is
hope..............
Old 2012-09-28, 23:47   Link #1263
Sixth
Hu Tao

What is the chapter that "Taurus Silver" made his fist appearance?
Old 2012-09-29, 01:07   Link #1264
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
What is the chapter that "Taurus Silver" made his fist appearance?
Mention or appearance? His first mention is, I think when Tatsuya wins over Hattori. About his first appearance, well, if you want to get technical, there is no point in asking
Old 2012-09-29, 05:47   Link #1265
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Mention or appearance? His first mention is, I think when Tatsuya wins over Hattori. About his first appearance, well, if you want to get technical, there is no point in asking
I mean, to the reader...I am interested to read that chapter.
Old 2012-09-29, 08:18   Link #1266
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I mean, to the reader...I am interested to read that chapter.
Manga Ch.7, somewhere halfway through.
LN Ch.3, somewhere halfway through.
Old 2012-09-29, 09:07   Link #1267
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Manga Ch.7, somewhere halfway through.
LN Ch.3, somewhere halfway through.
Thanks, but what I mean, how do we know that he is "Taurus Silver". Which chapter revealed that he is "Taurus Silver".
Old 2012-09-29, 09:51   Link #1268
Awrya
U mad?

My information are from summaries from the web novel, so it might not be accurate compared to the LN.
Spoiler for Anyway:
Old 2012-09-30, 20:08   Link #1269
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
My information are from summaries from the web novel, so it might not be accurate compared to the LN.
Spoiler for Anyway:
Spoiler:

Volume 1 PDF
Volume 2 PDF

Read and edited for terminology, style, and I tried keeping tense somewhat consistent. There was a portion in early Volume 2 which was not translated as well, so I did the machine translation for that and added it in. It was only about 10 lines, and it was all simple enough that I could just read them and translate them directly. I don't remember where it was exactly.
Old 2012-09-30, 22:48   Link #1270
Crystadgon

man i hope this BT can translate this LN faster.... I read the spoilers summaries so i really wish to read the whole thing... i also thinking of studying Jap just to read LN... some LN are just so good...
Old 2012-09-30, 22:56   Link #1271
NeutralZero

Patience...
They have their own pace and lives and it doesn't revolve around translating a LN...
But good for you to study jap...
Old 2012-10-01, 00:17   Link #1272
Seitsuki
Onee!

I would totally TL faster if L******* stopped ignoring me and breaking my heart.. maybe.
Old 2012-10-01, 14:23   Link #1273
Ghanw
(-_-)

Hey guys dont jump me but my question is, is this series still going to be translated? I am not asking for it to be fast just is it being translated and is it going to be continued tanslated. I very much love the series but i cant stand reading 4 volumes in and the translator quits then there is no way for me to finish. Thank you so much for the translation!!
Old 2012-10-01, 21:16   Link #1274
kfcpanda

uh, you can check the logs
Old 2012-10-02, 03:21   Link #1275
Crystadgon

they are still translating at low pace, may be only 1 person translating...... tks to them we have engish ver to read.... but i think i really should learn jap so i can have a collection of some jap LN.... they are good....
Old 2012-10-02, 04:25   Link #1276
kfcpanda

dreyakis is doing a really good job, he's putting out chapters consistently like every week or two and some of these chapters are really long.
just read the summaries to keep yourselves content til then
Old 2012-10-02, 06:19   Link #1277
Mentar
Banned

I'd have to agree, compared to other Baka-Tsuki projects, Dreyakis is really translating at a great pace.
Old 2012-10-02, 06:46   Link #1278
Ghanw
(-_-)

Thanks, i just wanted to know if it was going to continue but i already read all 64 pages of post so i know there is a translator. Thank you Drekyakis for the translations.
Old 2012-10-02, 15:59   Link #1279
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystadgon View Post
man i hope this BT can translate this LN faster.... I read the spoilers summaries so i really wish to read the whole thing... i also thinking of studying Jap just to read LN... some LN are just so good...
Rather than learning Japanese to read LN, it might be better to read LN to learn Japanese. If your goal is to read Light Novels, then learning Japanese is all well and good, but if you force yourself to read a Light Novel, you'll pick up the Japanese as you go along. Also, because you have the story urging you to read more, you're probably less likely to stop halfway through.

With that said, do not start with MKnR. Find something simpler. Get the raws, look at the images, and see if there's lots of large blocks of black, or if there are nice small symbols which seem easy to actually see through. If it's something you can readily identify with your eyes, it will be much easier to look it up in a dictionary. Also, it might not be a bad idea to get a small white board, or, if you're into the Japanese thing, a buddha board. That way you don't have to keep looking back and forth from the novel to the dictionary. And writing it will help you remember the kanji. Which reminds me, I should order one.
Old 2012-10-02, 16:12   Link #1280
Ghanw
(-_-)

^that is what i do usually after learning chinese, japanese became pretty easy but kanji still trips me sometimes. I have trouble at remebering so what i usaully do is take index cards with kanji on it nd arrange them to form the senetences.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings