AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-01-18, 05:54   Link #21
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Step up your game, guys.

Speedwagon from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

He used to be a ruffian roaming the streets of London, robbing the people who were unfortunate enough to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time. One day, he happened to meet one man, who quickly disposed of his accomplices and proceeded to knock him down with a swift kick, after showing Speedwagon that he was willing to risk a few wounds because he had come for his father. Then Speedwagon noticed one thing. The man held back. Speedwagon, having asked why, he got the answer from the man that he was thinking of the possibility that Speedwagon have a family. Touched by such kindness, he decided to follow the man, named Jonathan Joestar. And he did his best to help him, like helping Jonathan to unveil the plot of Jonathan's enemy, Dio Brando, then find Dio's location after that awry incident that led to the death of Jonathan's father and the destruction of the Joestar estate. Etc...

His loyalty extended well beyond the eventual death of Jonathan to reach Jonathan's descendants. Just to say so much about his loyalty, he never tried to court Jonathan's wife, and now widow, Erina, née Pendleton, Joestar, even tho the temptation might have been here.
His final fate, I will let the people who are discovering the franchise to find out.

More "Best friends" later.
Old 2013-01-18, 06:21   Link #22
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Thus, my pick is Hinata from Angel Beats. I loved his friendship with Otonashi...even though it was short-lived...I thought he acted a lot more like a best friend should act and the moments they shared were heartfelt and genuine.
Bromance at its best!!
Male wise, I'd have to agree he is a great one probably my favorite. (I would say it's Fukube from Hyouka, but he's too much of a MC to me to simply count as "MC's best friend" role ).

Though my favorite overall be female between Sayuri (kanon) to Mai if she counts and Miku (Symphogear) for sure.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 06:23   Link #23
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Daidouji Tomoyo comes to mind. A more recent example would be Nibutani in Chu2koi, or even Aoki from Kokoro Connect, who sort of fits the role a little bit.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 20:32   Link #24
Qikz

Orito from Korezon is pretty damn awesome. I love his character, especially in the tsundere cafe bit.

You've then got Tomoya? in To Love Ru/Darkness for pretty much the same reasons.

Sunohara from Clannad is great.

Daru from Steins;Gate is brilliant and finally...

Haqua from Kaminomi if she counts. She's Elsie's best friend right? I'd marry them both in an instant <333
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 23:23   Link #25
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Kyousuke from LB, although my basis are from events that have yet to be aired.

Otherwise, Natsume Asako from Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, and Sunohara Youhei from Clannad.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 06:27   Link #26
Kudryavka

I just don t like the ones who are only there to stand and cry while the main character whos just as much a loser gets all the hot girls. That's not tru and I would get a new friend.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 20:43   Link #27
takai
Easy Muffin

I feel like the best friend character is a little unappreciated, because more times than not, they help the main character significantly.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 11:41   Link #28
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Well uh yeah, because that's the definition of a best friend.

Anyway my nomination goes to

Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 11:44   Link #29
-Necromancer-
Otaku

I agree with the first post xD Orito from Kore wa zombie desu ka is just too funny with the MC ayumu
-Necromancer- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 12:06   Link #30
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post

*Tamao;_;*

Goddamnit, don' remind me. I am still very sad for her.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 15:38   Link #31
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Goddamnit, don' remind me. I am still very sad for her.
Yeah. She's the one major protagonist that kind of got screwed over by the plot in Strawberry Panic, imo. And the sad thing is that of all the Strawberry Panic girls she struck me as the most well-balanced and not totally obsessed with any one person or issue to the point that nothing else seemed to matter to her. And yet, it was her being well-balanced this way that arguably contributed to her not getting a happier ending.