AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-20, 07:07   Link #9821
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Hmm....getting 20 kills in particular tank isn't hard. The hard part is how could I get the T-34 and Stug-III before the event ends...
Old 2013-09-20, 14:26   Link #9822
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

The tank in the event is not the T-34 but the wallmart T-34 (chinese) and getting it is a little more frustrating than getting a soviet T-34.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 14:45   Link #9823
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Wait what? It's not the T-34? Oh god all that time spent for nothing.

Fuck this shit. I quit.
Old 2013-09-20, 14:52   Link #9824
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Yep, I also thought it was the soviet one. The interesting part is that I have the three tanks in the special... the bad part is that I have them in different accounts.

Also, Intel integrated sucks in videogames performance.
Old 2013-09-20, 15:03   Link #9825
Blaat

The next week version of the event will involve the Soviet T-34 along with the AT-2 and the T1 Heavy Tank. So grinding for the T-34 is not a waste.
Old 2013-09-20, 15:14   Link #9826
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
The next week version of the event will involve the Soviet T-34 along with the AT-2 and the T1 Heavy Tank. So grinding for the T-34 is not a waste.
Serious question, how do you know? I nearly finish grinding to the T-34, and has stopped since then. If that's the case I guess I'll continue my grinding, then.

On side note, between the Hetzer and the Stug III, which one is much more enjoyable to play?
Old 2013-09-20, 15:44   Link #9827
Blaat

Last week the EU servers had the event you're currently having (20 kills in Stug, Type T-34 and Churchill for 7 days of premium) and now the EU servers have a same event but with the tanks I mentioned in my previous post.

Admittedly there is no guarantee you will have the same one next week but so far it matches up.
Old 2013-09-20, 15:59   Link #9828
Gravitas Free Zone

Heh, I have none of the tanks in next week's putative challenge, even if I at least have the real T-34 elited already...
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 20:56   Link #9829
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

@Duo: I wouldn't necessarily call grinding for the Soviet T-34 a waste, since it's one of the best Tier 5 money makers. It's got the lowest repair costs of any Tier 5 tank, has decently low ammo costs for the 57mm, and is a great skirmisher/flanker/large scout. It can do everything except arty.

A T-34 might not necessarily rack up the kills, but you can get a lot of damage assists.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 21:05   Link #9830
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

The T-34 is just underated cause the people expect something like the Pz4/M4 (that can be perfect glass cannons), and not a jack-of-all-trades that doesn't excel in a specific area. Also I think a wolfpack of T-34 in tier 5 is worse (in the sense of "being f*cked up to fight them") than a pack of other tier 5 mediums (in my opinion at least).

Also the armor, the freaking armor is just troll enough to bounce a long 122mm shell at point blank.
Old 2013-09-20, 22:18   Link #9831
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Exactly that. The T-34 was the first main battle tank, which by definition is a jack of all trades.

And yes, I agree. In my T-34, I can ambush and fuck up people pretty good (when I toon up with Velocity, we'll usually get 2 guys to draw fire while I flank with my T-34); having three T-34s show up and deliver a coordinated barrage would ruin anyone's day.

Back when guns weren't so accurate, 2 years ago, I could actually get into gun duels with heavies and come out okay, since my gun was more accurate than theirs, and the dispersion was just enough for me to be bouncing enemy fire. My first steel wall was on the T-34.

tl;dr: grinding the T-34 is not a waste of time, it will more than earn its keep.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-09-20, 23:03   Link #9832
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
A T-34 with the 57mm needlegun is death on tracks, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Old 2013-09-20, 23:12   Link #9833
Gravitas Free Zone

I enjoyed my T-34 with the 57mm, though I put it away when I rotated its current crew up the Soviet medium tree and, at the time, I didn't have any garage slots left. With the accuracy buff and the nerfing of derp guns, it should be even more effective now.

So, it's gonna be like this all weekend:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Probably two-thirds of my Tier 5 games were like this. And my debut Hellcat game had eight Churchills in it.

Random shot of my T49 and my choice of morbid inscriptions:

Images

Though I've done reasonably well with it in speedgrinding to the Hellcat... it just really, really, really can't afford to get shot.

And in having the Hellcat now, my biggest concern is that 30 shots is possibly not enough ammunition. Sure, my hit average globally is good, but sometimes you have to take shots that aren't advantageous.
Old 2013-09-20, 23:32   Link #9834
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

As if we needed more proof of how good the T-34 is.

I really have to take my hat off to those guys who can make the T-34 work, as opposed to me, who's a scrub who knows he's a scrub.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-09-21, 06:27   Link #9835
Blaat

Bought my first tier IX today, the M103, I must say it's surprisingly fast and agile for an heavy tank.
Old 2013-09-21, 08:14   Link #9836
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

So, coughed up some more gold (which is going to make me tighten my belt some more this week as I head towards payday), got some more slots, and bought back my Matilda. Got first match on Mines.

Images

Victory!, Matilda, Mines, 9/22/13 4:46 AM: 1,233 nXP, 1,098 dmg

I love this little tank to bits.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-09-21, 10:22   Link #9837
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Seems like Pz 1C is all the rage nowaday. Shit is annoying. They keep killings my crews before I could even take a shot.
Old 2013-09-21, 11:41   Link #9838
Sumeragi
Banned

I really love the 50% bonus for my Pz.Kpfw. III/IV: It gave me 300,000 credits in 3 hours..... while I was working on armor schemes and talking with Minsk more than half the time.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 13:10   Link #9839
Gravitas Free Zone

So this happened after three tries:

Images

...and then I sold the 3001H for the space and moved the crew to the E-75 (which is now dusted off from the depths of the garage). The 3001H, in three games, managed to severely annoy me with its combination of thin armor (sure, I can angle, but it's still very thin), bad gun depression, and sluggishness.
Old 2013-09-21, 13:32   Link #9840
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
...and then I sold the 3001H for the space and moved the crew to the E-75 (which is now dusted off from the depths of the garage). The 3001H, in three games, managed to severely annoy me with its combination of thin armor (sure, I can angle, but it's still very thin), bad gun depression, and sluggishness.
The trick is hull down man, hull down. Since it's a slightly faster pre 8.0 Pz4 vaderturn.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks