AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-04-03, 21:45   Link #101
neothe0ne

Wow hayatenogotoku.com got a HUEG makeover. Plus a brand-new site domain hayate-music.com.

When they're posting a tracklist for a single that's being released nearly 2 months from now, you know they're just being dicks for marketing (or maybe they're working on awesome art for the booklet, who knows)

edit: Forgot to mention this somewhere, but as I predicted: no lyrics on the OP & ED. switch form SynergySP to J.C.STAFF couldn't be more obvious :P Which is a shame really, since they scene-timed the lyrics and credits in ZTC really nicely (a bit better than in HnG! season 1)

edit 2: Honjitsu, Mankai Watashi Iro! is kinda like Minami-ke's first opening in music and animation lol.

Last edited by neothe0ne; 2009-04-03 at 22:27.
neothe0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 22:14   Link #102
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by neothe0ne View Post
hayate-music.com.
Say no more.

This site is relevant to my interests.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 22:47   Link #103
Fandal

What happened to Isumi's voice? Did they change VA's? T_T
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 00:25   Link #104
Darkoff
Nipaah!

So... I'll ask again, will there just be 13eps for the second season? =/ if so they won't be able to use many arcs for this season
Old 2009-04-04, 05:36   Link #105
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoff View Post
So... I'll ask again, will there just be 13eps for the second season? =/ if so they won't be able to use many arcs for this season
It's still unclear yet.
Old 2009-04-05, 08:54   Link #106
uis

Anyway what you think anime quality... What studio is more better ??? Synergy SP or JC Staff ???

I like Synergy SP more but i think JC Staff art quite unique...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 14:38   Link #107
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
Anyway what you think anime quality... What studio is more better ??? Synergy SP or JC Staff ???

I like Synergy SP more but i think JC Staff art quite unique...
Well, I think both have their strengths. The one thing I realized when watching is that the art in the second season seems to me to be closer to the latest manga designs. I also thought that J.C.Staff's animation looks a bit more modern -- everything's a bit smoother, brighter and more vibrant. It is a bit different and will take some getting used to, but I'm not really ready to say that one style is better than the other. I think both look good in their own ways.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 19:37   Link #108
neothe0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, I think both have their strengths. The one thing I realized when watching is that the art in the second season seems to me to be closer to the latest manga designs. I also thought that J.C.Staff's animation looks a bit more modern -- everything's a bit smoother, brighter and more vibrant. It is a bit different and will take some getting used to, but I'm not really ready to say that one style is better than the other. I think both look good in their own ways.
I found this funny since the first season was in 29.97fps and this one is in 23.976fps.

The OVA's art (character designs) was pretty horrid so it was good to see a huge improvement in episode 1. Script is the big problem with many people now (I actually thought episode 1 was alright, but I can definitely see where people are coming from when they say it isn't nearly as whacky as season 1.)
Old 2009-04-05, 19:48   Link #109
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I found this funny since the first season was in 29.97fps and this one is in 23.976fps.
I meant smoother as in the lines and art -- it has smoother, more-rounded edges. That being said, some of the special effects did seem to have a bit of a smoother motion as well. The production's video framerate isn't the only thing that affects the appearance of smooth motion (since it's not like there are actually 30 frames of animation per second anyway, except for pans and potentially CG...)
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 22:23   Link #110
rg4619

Quote:
Someone else could probably clarify this. However, my understanding is that shows are produced at 23.976 fps and are then converted to 29.976 fps (by simply duplicating fields) to conform with NTSC TV standards.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 04:21   Link #111
ACGalaga

Send a message via AIM to ACGalaga
Quote:
Really? None the less, in my experience, 24fps feels nicer when watching. why do you think they use the 24p feature on most digital cameras? It makes it feel more like film.
ACGalaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 11:08   Link #112
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Just like I thought, the studio really did changed o.o; I'm sorry for being. . . late for the news.

Yes, the story is not too whacky like in season 1, but they still bring some fan service to the audience just like before. Not that I mind though, and it's not that much either too.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 22:28   Link #113
SinsI

Quote:

Typical TV anime has an average framerate of 1-2 frames per second, with intense animation scenes rising to 11-12 fps at best.(Unless it's something like SHnY ending or a completely CGI scene).

As for art, second season looks far better to me (I actually dropped first season due to this very reason!).
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 17:10   Link #114
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post

Typical TV anime has an average framerate of 1-2 frames per second, with intense animation scenes rising to 11-12 fps at best.(Unless it's something like SHnY ending or a completely CGI scene).

As for art, second season looks far better to me (I actually dropped first season due to this very reason!).
... That makes no sense, even from my point of view. And I don't know anything about frames. To me, what you're saying means that for each second, there's no movement in the scene.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 17:46   Link #115
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
... That makes no sense, even from my point of view. And I don't know anything about frames. To me, what you're saying means that for each second, there's no movement in the scene.
And that's exactly what is happening.
This is a little offtopic, but here is an answer:
Quote:
Japanimation runs at an average of 24 frames per second, with main objects animated at 8 to 12 fps and background objects as low as 6 to 8 fps. (2) Japanimation often hide or use tricks to conceal that fact that nothing in the frame is being animated. Such as: the speaking character’s back is turned to eliminate the need to animate mouth movements, or a sequence such as someone running is simply looped animation, or a sideways moving shot or a shot zooming in on a character is not animated, but rather the camera moving over a single cel. (3) Japanimation makes no or little attempt to align the mouth movements to the actual dialogue.
Now, this answer is correct for action scenes, but anime these days has a ton of practically still talking scenes for which FPS drops dramatically - only the mouths are moving at a rate of those 4-6 fps, and those repeat themselves to boot.

Really, take a closer look at Hayate - you'll see that most of the time camera pans over a single image, that they show the characters from behind or add something like a sweatdrop moving down on a still frame, that they use various other SFX to hide this lack of actual animation.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 00:22   Link #116
ACGalaga

Send a message via AIM to ACGalaga
It also depends on the budget distributed to each episode. During the planning of an animation, they may decide to provide more of a budget (time and money) to more prevalent episodes that better advance the story or have those kickass action sequences that everyone's been waiting for.

Although there may only be 6-8 frames animated, the animation is always broadcast at 24 frames per second. it's just that 18 of those 24 frame may be all the same image. The above listed have been age old techniques in that Japanese animation industry due to the mass production of animation in general. Often, various animations are just pumped out every season.

Although I fall victim to enjoying different series (mainly because of the character interaction), Japanese animation (as well as their comics) as for the most part a TON of pulp fiction produced for mass consumption. [bla bla bla... a bit ranty wasn't that?]
ACGalaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 13:53   Link #117
Darkoff
Nipaah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoff View Post
i'll just quote myself :P
Old 2009-05-04, 05:31   Link #118
blewin

13 episodes? I thought it'd be longer... Hayate is pure hilarious fun. Wouldn't want it to end.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 00:16   Link #119
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

I wasn't sure what to expect from HnG!! but I'm pretty satisfied so far. The story-centric and Hina-tastic approach is working very well so far. I applaud JC Staff on a job well-done.

The funny part is that I also applaud Season 1's studio, SynergySP, on the story-centric and character-driven approach they've taken on Cross Game. Both HnG!! and CG are the hits of the season for me.
Agent86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 10:40   Link #120
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

First of all, blewin I like your avatar choice.

And for HnG, somehow I knew that they would pull a little Kyouran Kazoku Nikki with the ED. Too bad but it cant be helped.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote